Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Indicate your stance on firearms:
I have one or more firearms, and i like them 7 16.28%
I don't have any firearms, but i wish that i did / plan on getting some 12 27.91%
I don't have or want any firearms myself, but have no problem with anyone having them if they want 5 11.63%
I don't have or want any firearms, and feel that most people should not be allowed to have them 19 44.19%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #181
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Only if you choose to see the world in black and white and can't face the real truth.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:40 PM   #182
<sp3

i never liked gray

Old 01-15-2009, 11:45 PM   #183
Trotskilicious
Banned

Kind of sucks to see the world for what it really is, doesn't it?

Much easier to put up blinders.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:29 AM   #184
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jczeroman View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about.
Huh? I went with my buddy to a gunshow in Greenville, SC at which he purchased a brand new AK-47 for $400 and a handshake.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:33 AM   #185
Trotskilicious
Banned

when?

Old 01-16-2009, 12:33 AM   #186
Trotskilicious
Banned

also is there any such thing as a "brand new" AK?

Old 01-16-2009, 12:33 AM   #187
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Hey < sp3 fuck off in this thread. I said an AK-47 assault rifle on the last page... I said nothing about an automatic rifle. Start opening your eyes instead of stroking your Sig. You strike me as the kind of guy who has guns because you were picked on in high school and are just breathlessly waiting for your chance to shoot a man just to prove how big and bad you are.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:35 AM   #188
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
when?
This was about 6 months ago and yeah it was a brand new (Romanian produced i believe) AK-47 in the box with 2 magazines.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:37 AM   #189
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Couch Ass View Post
Hey < sp3 fuck off in this thread. I said an AK-47 assault rifle on the last page... I said nothing about an automatic rifle. Start opening your eyes instead of stroking your Sig. You strike me as the kind of guy who has guns because you were picked on in high school and are just breathlessly waiting for your chance to shoot a man just to prove how big and bad you are.
hahahaha +

Old 01-16-2009, 04:40 AM   #190
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

AH-NAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-16-2009, 05:01 AM   #191
Thaniel Buckner
Minion of Satan

are there seriously 14 phantom posts in this thread alone? who's muted?

Old 01-16-2009, 05:05 AM   #192
jczeroman

Quote:
Huh? I went with my buddy to a gunshow in Greenville, SC at which he purchased a brand new AK-47 for $400 and a handshake.
Let me explain to you the multiple errors in your statement.

Quote:
It is shameful that in this country you can go to a gun show in most states and buy an AK-47 assault rifle with nothing more than a fistful of bills and a handshake.
Almost no one can buy "assault rifles" in the US - thy have been banned since the thirties.

Your friend did not buy an AK-47 - he bought an "AK-47" - which would have a ghost of the features in the actual assault rifle.

"Most states" have strict laws on gun-show sales laws and restrictions. They definitely wouldn't be able to sell live full-auto AK-47's.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:32 AM   #193
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Well now we're just arguing semantics. So my understanding is that you are stating to be a true assault rifle a weapon must have the ability to be freely changed from selective to auto fire yes? In any case the weapon he purchased is a rifle which fires 7.62 ammunition at a high veolicty and could most certainly be used to assault whatever target he chose. I was there to witness him purchasing at the gunshow with no presentation of ID. What states ban gun shows and these loopholes? In the south gun shows are like trailers... you can't take 3 steps without running into one.

Last edited by Ol' Couch Ass : 01-16-2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: misspoke on calibur

Old 01-16-2009, 05:47 AM   #194
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

With that said I still think a sane, well qualified individual should be able to own a weapon in the US. I've got no problem with registering my weapons and would even think it reasonable to have weapons test fired for groove impressions to be entered into a database at sale. Granted clever scallywags could change out the barrel to fool the system but it is just another level of safety and another hurdle for those who would do harm.

I own a gun. I support gun rights. I think it is insane that Cobb bought an AK-47 NON-ASSULT RIFLE at a gun show with no oversight and no guarantee that he is a sane, rational and qualified individual.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #195
<sp3

Quote:
an AK-47 is an automatic weapon. Just like an M-16 or an M4 have automatic capability (selective fire).. but the AR-15 is a very similar weapon without that functionality. It was some cheap knockoff AK-47 variant, or more likely an SKS (which looks like an AK-47) which i see all the time. It probably looks cool and thats why your friend bought it.. but it is less deadly than some cheap $300 hunting rifle that anyone can buy at walmart. Not to say that there aren't real AK's floating around out there.. but a real AK will be completely illegal.. and it will cost a hell of a lot more than $400.

The term "assault rifle" is made up by politicians to sound scary. All it means is a rifle or carbine (carbine meaning rifle with a shorter barrel) than can be easily concealable and shoot a lot without being re-loaded. See above video.

You are right.. we are arguing semantics, but you are making the situation worse by implying that your friend bought something that he didn't.. and that what he bought was for some reason way way worse than what he should be allowed to buy. You either don't fully understand what you are talking about, or you are just throwing out buzz words and giving people the wrong impression.

I can assure you that i was not that person in high school. I don't know how you formulated that opinion either. but you sure sound like a big and bad by belittling me in a post. I could apply the same amount of logic and say that you love being king of the message board to make up for lack of friends in high school.

that being said i agree that it is stupid that someone can by any firearm at a show with no background check.. or at a store with a trivial background check and leave 5 min later

Last edited by <sp3 : 01-16-2009 at 12:47 PM.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #196
<sp3

Quote:
So my understanding is that you are stating to be a true assault rifle a weapon must have the ability to be freely changed from selective to auto fire yes? In any case the weapon he purchased is a rifle which fires .223 ammunition at a high veolicty and could most certainly be used to assault whatever target he chose.
no. the video explains what the definition of an "assault rifle" has come to be. Nothing to do with ammunition or type of fire.

Selective fire means the ability to select from different modes of fire, ie semi-auto to auto or 3 round burst. Selective fire does not mean semi-auto

Old 01-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #197
<sp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jczeroman View Post
L
Almost no one can buy "assault rifles" in the US - thy have been banned since the thirties.
this is not correct either. The assault weapons ban existed from 1994 - 2004. automatic weapons have been illegal since the thirties.. in response to mobsters rattling up town with tommy guns

Old 01-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #198
barden
Braindead

stop going back and editing posts!
it makes our responses look silly.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:53 PM   #199
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
aIt was some cheap knockoff AK-47 variant, or more likely an SKS (which looks like an AK-47) which i see all the time. It probably looks cool and thats why your friend bought it
Fuck you're a condescending prick. For my money the lack of stripper clips with out of box acceptance of 30rd banana magazines (or plug and play with a drum) and a rotating bolt = AK-47. Well no shit you can't buy a fully automatic rifle at a gun show... you're really breaking fucking news here and that isn't what we were discussing. I occasionally train with the SWAT team here and get to fire off their full auto AR-15s modded out with EOTech scopes and all the bells and whistles. How hard does that make your dick? Here comes your arguments that a "true AR is the civilian version, semi auto thank you very much." Fuck off man. Go back to sucking your uncle Jimbo's dick in the back of his gun shop. Gun people like you are the fucking worst.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #200
<sp3

Quote:
I occasionally train with the SWAT team here and get to fire off their full auto AR-15s modded out with EOTech scopes and all the bells and whistles. How hard does that make your dick?
it doesn't. i have fired much cooler stuff than that but i don't brag about it. and guns are at the low end of my interest totem pole. I go to the range 2 - 3 times a year and own two. Just because i post a thread about them does not mean they are my life obsession.

and you are so quick to anger. i am tired of defending myself against conic flamers. calm the hell down. Don't assume anything about me, and i will give you the same respect.

/hostility

what is your line of work that you would get to train with SWAT? i went to a SWAT range once, but only because i am friends with the son of the guy who is in charge of training state police in firearm proficiency.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #201
barden
Braindead

you knew a guy.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #202
barden
Braindead

ed.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:07 PM   #203
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Listen brohan... you can't parade in here and start being a dismissive dick and then get defensive when people get hostile. I know enough about guns to know what a weapon is capable of instead of making a purchase because it "looks cool." We can argue semantics all night long and come to 46 different definitions of what constitutes the name for a particular weapon and/or weapon class but in the end if you're a cockbag about it you're just going to get flamed.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #204
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

Quote:
and guns are at the low end of my interest totem pole. I go to the range 2 - 3 times a year and own two. Just because i post a thread about them does not mean they are my life obsession.
so this guy's a bigger nut than jczeroman huh

Old 01-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #205
Trotskilicious
Banned

jc's just a gun owner,
I love the concept that one gun is more deadly than the other. They all fire fucking bullets don't they? Or are there some guns out there that fire jellybeans and gumdrops?

Old 01-16-2009, 06:47 PM   #206
barden
Braindead

wait wait, are you trying to say that some guns aren't more deadly then others?

Old 01-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #207
Debaser
ghost

Quote:
i have fired much cooler stuff than that but i don't brag about it.
just let this sink in

Old 01-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #208
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

I'm curious what he shot that was so awesome. A tommy gun? A grenade launcher? .50 caliber automatic helicopter cannon?

Old 01-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #209
Trotskilicious
Banned

tommy gun would be cool

i probably couldn't resist saying "nyaaaa you'll never get me coppers nyaaaaa"

Old 01-16-2009, 07:55 PM   #210
Debaser
ghost

i'm much cooler than you, but i don't brag about it.