Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 05-01-2018, 10:17 PM   #271
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
This entire post is dumb but I'll focus on Putin. Putin is the psychopathic dictator of a very powerful country that wants to destroy America. He kills journalists, messes with elections in other countries, blackmails politicians in other countries, holds mock elections, is anti-lgbt, and basically is the boogeyman enemy of the US for good reason. The idea that Putin is an ally and reasonable is stupid, literally no one thinks this except the President who is probably being blackmailed in one way or another. Putin is going to bring down the USA, I fully believe getting Trump into power was one of his goals in doing this and he did it.
Nah... You're totally wrong about Putin. He doesn't wanna destroy America, he desperately wants to ally with America and even liberal political pundits like Oliver Stone think it's incredibly stupid of America not to do so. Sure, I don't agree with how he treats journalists, but America isn't exactly kind to whistle blowers either.

Putin isn't anti-LGB either. He's perfectly fine with it. The law is against children being propagandized about homosexuality, which while it is morally debatable, is at the least understandable. If you put ideas in children's minds, kids can be very narrowly focused. I'm not arguing one way or another though, I'm simply saying I understand the mindset.

Reprise, I sincerely want you to watch this interview. It's Putin in his own words, not some bogus American propaganda

Old 05-01-2018, 10:23 PM   #272
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Nah... You're totally wrong about Putin. He doesn't wanna destroy America, he desperately wants to ally with America and even liberal political pundits like Oliver Stone think it's incredibly stupid of America not to do so. Sure, I don't agree with how he treats journalists, but America isn't exactly kind to whistle blowers either.

Putin isn't anti-LGB either. He's perfectly fine with it. The law is against children being propagandized about homosexuality, which while it is morally debatable, is at the least understandable. If you put ideas in children's minds, kids can be very narrowly focused. I'm not arguing one way or another though, I'm simply saying I understand the mindset.

Reprise, I sincerely want you to watch this interview. It's Putin in his own words, not some bogus American propaganda

you just perpetually become a bigger and bigger piece of shit

Old 05-01-2018, 10:26 PM   #273
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
I realize this is your platform and everything, but with all due respect, why is that extremist liberal stuff that RBG posted allowed in the thread but not a popular conservative personality? After all, the clip I posted has gone viral and has been a big internet sensation, so it's not as if it was something irrelevant
this is not my platform, I didn*t watch your shit video. what exactly was your intention to post gun promo in a "international politics" thread other than doing what you said 10 times you would stop - namely "push buttons" and try to troll? yes? nothing? okay then so suck my dick.

to be clear, I for one do not "care about you", nor did I want to see you unmuted, because it was very clear you would do NOTHING of what you said you would. instead, you would repeat the same damn shit in the same damn place. shocker. so go ahead, continue your Roes I am Braindead routine - while I will continue to mess with your posts in whichever fucking way I want to. go write a formal complaint about it.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:29 PM   #274
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
this is not my platform, I didn*t watch your shit video. what exactly was your intention to post gun promo in a "international politics" thread other than doing what you said 10 times you would stop - namely "push buttons" and try to troll? yes? nothing? okay then so suck my dick.
There's actually nothing about guns in that video... That's just an image she used on Youtube to get clicks. She doesn't even have a gun in the clip.

I understand though, It's not something I'm worked up over... But I'd say that RBG clip was trying to ruffle the feathers of the conservatives that read here... Not much of a difference when you think about it.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:30 PM   #275
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
If you put ideas in children's minds, kids can be very narrowly focused.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:30 PM   #276
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
you just perpetually become a bigger and bigger piece of shit
You should watch the Oliver Stone documentary that he did with Putin. I really believe he and Russia are misunderstood. America always NEEDS a boogieman, and unfortunately it makes sense for them to try and make it Russia.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:31 PM   #277
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
yes it does, only in this decade by means of DNA matching, it should be possible to match newborns against stationed troops now and then?

I guess prosecuting soldiers for the rape of local civilians is not very high up on the todo list anywhere.

thanks for the spiegel link, interesting read.

had no idea about any of that.

I know that my grandmother self-performed 2 abortions around 1943, 1944, before they fled from Germany. She described the procedure in great detail to me - in case I ever need to do that, you know - DIY!
I only found it after your post made me curious. Curious in a sad and horrified way. I hadn't thought about it until then, either.

That is crazy about your grandmother. It's such an awful thing to go through. And yet in a fucked up way, it is such practical and helpful advice for her to give you and I can see why she would want to pass it on.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:32 PM   #278
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

it is a very pragmatic way of thinking yes, I miss my gran.
my mom was not that amused - I was 12 or 13 when my gran gave me that DIY-lesson...

Old 05-01-2018, 10:33 PM   #279
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
conservatives that read here... Not much of a difference when you think about it.
there are no more, they all fucked off and/or got banned

you should proceed to do the same

Old 05-01-2018, 10:34 PM   #280
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
You should watch the Oliver Stone documentary that he did with Putin. I really believe he and Russia are misunderstood. America always NEEDS a boogieman, and unfortunately it makes sense for them to try and make it Russia.
Do you know many Russian expats?

Old 05-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #281
Elphenor
Braindead

can someone just ban fuzz from the general section exclusively, is that a thing

let us have one not fully retarded place on the internet

Old 05-01-2018, 10:37 PM   #282
Disco King
Minion of Satan

"Extreme liberalism."

Old 05-01-2018, 10:37 PM   #283
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
it is a very pragmatic way of thinking yes, I miss my gran.
my mom was not that amused - I was 12 or 13 when my gran gave me that DIY-lesson...
hmmmm yeah I can see that being upsetting to your mother. Good grief. Welcome to the end of your childhood!

Old 05-01-2018, 10:44 PM   #284
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
there are no more, they all fucked off and/or got banned

you should proceed to do the same
I know of a few who at least still read here. You gotta have more of an open mind Elph.

This whole trusting of the government and following the herd thing isn't very punk rock of you lol.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 05-01-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:46 PM   #285
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Do you know many Russian expats?
Obviously Russia isn't perfect. But the United States is the most violent corrupt government of them all so I don't understand the angle that people have when they demonize Russia.

In my mind, it would be better for the world to work together, disagreements aside. This whole American idea of "You gotta behave exactly like us or else" stance isn't very pragmatic.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:52 PM   #286
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:

Dude, he's a murderer. He orders murders of his citizens because he doesn't like what they report on.

Also I started watching that video but the first clip is him talking about the "legitimate government of syria" and how he supports them. you know, the government that is committing genocide on its own citizens with chemical weapons?

look, russia has been trying to pit itself against America since at least the end of WW1, I don't know enough about history to go further back. the majority of major military crises we've had since ww2 have been conflicts with russia or proxy conflicts with russia (cuban missle crisis, korea). russia is the long-term enemy of the USA and Putin is continuing the tradition no matter how many times Trump kisses his ass

i'm not watching a 2 hour interview that you didn't even watch. point me to some clips and i will.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:54 PM   #287
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:

This whole trusting of the government and following the herd isn't very punk rock of you lol.
liberals are the most critical of the gov

as you worship a fascist president of a country you don't even live in

Old 05-01-2018, 10:55 PM   #288
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
propagandized about homosexuality, huh. you really are a piece of shit, huh

Old 05-01-2018, 10:56 PM   #289
Elphenor
Braindead

can't teach children that homosexuality is a thing that exists

Old 05-01-2018, 11:02 PM   #290
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
The law in Russia is against propagandized information regarding homosexuality to children.

I never said I agree with it. But that's certainly a lot more liberal than you'll find in a TON of other countries

Old 05-01-2018, 11:04 PM   #291
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
can't teach children that homosexuality is a thing that exists
That's not what the law is against.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have an opinion one way or another. All I'm saying is that I can understand both sides of the argument. Let children discover their sexuality naturally without institutions deciding how to raise the young. Leave it up to the families to educate their kids on this.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:05 PM   #292
vixnix
Socialphobic

I guess for a long time, the foreign policy of the U.S. involved a lot of violence and corruption, but life for the average U.S. citizen was pretty OK. But for the average Russian citizen, the foreign policy and many other policies of Russian governments made life in Russia, pretty horrible for a lot of people. I have known a few Russian expats and I don't know of many who make a life for themselves outside of Russia and are then keen to return.

Though I think successive U.S. governments on both sides have done their best to create the same conditions of poverty and violence within U.S. borders, that the Russian government allowed to flourish and which have driven many Russians into an expat life. There's already the start of an exodus I think, from the U.S. - I know a few U.S. citizens here who are not keen to return home because of gun violence and political instability. They are grateful to send their kids to school here in Singapore, never worrying about whether they will be shot dead, either in the classroom, or on the way there or back. I knew a family in Sydney, too, who moved there from Chicago for that same reason.

But yeah. The place where U.S. citizens are now...I feel like Russians have been living in that place for many more years. The Russian government has not done a great job in governing for the good of all its citizens. The U.S. has in previous years done a better job of that.

Well, for white citizens anyway. Obviously black citizens have a totally different story to tell about governance in the U.S.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:06 PM   #293
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I don't have an opinion one way or another. All I'm saying is that I can understand both sides of the argument. Let children discover their sexuality naturally without institutions deciding how to raise the young. Leave it up to the families to educate their kids on this.
ban please. why are we doing this to ourselves

Old 05-01-2018, 11:07 PM   #294
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I don't know if you realize, but homosexuals are PERSECUTED all over the world in different countries.

To justify negative US/Russia relations because of an insensitive law is really being simple minded in my opinion. Americas partners with some of the most homophobic countries in the world... So the argument holds no weight.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 05-01-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:07 PM   #295
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:

I think the government having any kind of stance on homosexuality and education means that they're not leaving it up to families. If the government truly intends for this kind of education to be a private matter it should be silent, rather than having restrictions? Implementing restrictions reveals a bias.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:08 PM   #296
fuzzyroes
Banned

I can see this is going to turn into a shit-show.

I respect the moderation here, so I'm going to politely bow out because I don't wanna get banned again.

If anyone want's to continue the conversation with me they can correspond with me through Netphorias message feature.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:10 PM   #297
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:

shouldn't there too be a law against propagandizing heterosexuality

Old 05-01-2018, 11:10 PM   #298
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I think the government having any kind of stance on homosexuality and education means that they're not leaving it up to families. If the government truly intends for this kind of education to be a private matter it should be silent, rather than having restrictions? Implementing restrictions reveals a bias.
I believe the law is in regards to the educational institutes and children's entertainment and that sort of thing. That's Putins rationale anyways. I've heard of the lines being blurred by law enforcement and obviously that is a big fucking problem. I'm not saying Putins some kind of angel. He's simply not the boogie man that the United States government wants the public to believe he is. That's all I'm saying.

And that will be the last I say about it here.

Please no one address me with further inquiries in this thread. I don't wanna overstep the ground rules that I agreed upon.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:12 PM   #299
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
shouldn't there too be a law against propagandizing heterosexuality
I think it should be left up to the families to decide. That's all.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:13 PM   #300
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
I don't know if you realize, but homosexuals are PERSECUTED all over the world in different countries.

To justify negative US/Russia relations because of an insensitive law is really being simple minded in my opinion. Americas partners with some of the most anti-homophobic countries in the world... So the argument holds no weight.
I agree that it seems unusual to cite this particular thing as as reason to avoid partnering with Russia when women in Saudi Arabia have only recently been given the right to drive, and many Americans show tacit support for that relationship by continuing in their reliance on cars and other services and industries powered by fossil fuels.

Have you read any Chomsky? Rethinking Camelot might be interesting to you if you are curious about alternative accounts of U.S.-Russia relations.