Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Tosh?
He's hilarious and awesome. 6 25.00%
He's not even remotely funny and he sucks ass. 6 25.00%
He's kind of funny but his jokes are offensive and stupid. 9 37.50%
He's simply offensive. 1 4.17%
I want to tongue punch his fart box. 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #91
mercurial
$ W▲ G

Daniel Tosh Chuckles Through Own Violent Rape
'You Just Gotta Laugh,' Reports Comedian Through Blood And Tears

HOLLYWOOD, CA—Embroiled in controversy following comments he made during a recent performance at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles, comedian Daniel Tosh chuckled this afternoon while being violently raped by a group of men in a Hollywood alley. "You have to admit, this is pretty hilarious," said the teary-eyed 37-year-old, his bloodied face slamming against a brick wall as he was brutally and repeatedly penetrated against his will for the 53rd straight minute. "Sure, I'll be forever tormented by images of my attackers tearing off my pants and holding a knife against my throat as they viciously tear into my rectum, but c'mon, you gotta have a sense of humor about this sort of thing." As of press time, sources said a disheveled Tosh checked into a nearby treatment center, where he quietly smirked after being diagnosed with HIV.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/dan...8769/?ref=auto

Old 07-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #92
null123
Minion of Satan

for an example of satire about rape, done correctly

Old 07-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #93
mercurial
$ W▲ G

Rob Delaney explains it pretty well I think...
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...median/c3ymc3p

Old 07-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #94
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmbag View Post
Satirizing rape culture would involve humiliating MEN, not women.
I think you mean

Quote:
Satirizing rape culture would involve humiliating RAPISTS, not victims.
or you probably don't.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #95
null123
Minion of Satan

I do mean both. But I was talking about rape culture, which means humiliating the people who perpetuate it, regardless if they themselves have raped anyone. In terms of who benefits from rape culture (men) and who is harmed by it (women), it's important to keep in mind which category you fall into. Men are not the ones made to feel degraded and fearful when the people around them are making rape jokes (the bad kind).

9/10 rape victims are women. 99% of rape perpetrators are men. To erase this is to intentionally deny women's reality in favor of your own good time.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #96
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR ONION. NOT FUNNY. NOT OKAY.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #97
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
In terms of who benefits from rape culture (men) and who is harmed by it (women), it's important to keep in mind which category you fall into.
How do I benefit from rape culture?

Old 07-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #98
john's ego
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
Well personally I only do things if Daniel Tosh gives me permission.
I know you're trying to be facetious, but let's just remember that you're the guy who is apparently well aware of what's wrong with having sex with an eighteen year old, and then came to Netphoria so they could help justify his dubious intentions.

The line that is crossed isn't that he makes money doing it. It's the fact that people give him money to do it. It's behavior that sanctioned by a disturbingly large chunk of the general public.

You're also misreading my posts and regurgitating them as your own logical fallacies. Does the fact that we are discussing this mean that there are no other problems in the world? Of course not, but for some reason you think that's what I said.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #99
john's ego
Ownz

What username did Shallowed have before this.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #100
john's ego
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
You benefit by not being a woman.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #101
null123
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Well for one example, rape culture is used to keep women out of spaces that men want to remain male-exclusive or male-led. Reminding women that they are viewed as subhuman and vulnerable to rape is an effective way to get them to stop talking or to leave entirely. Men do this here and in a lot of other places online. You see it in gaming communities a lot, or other places that are absolutely male-centered like those related to sports or politics. But anywhere you go, you have greater physical and social freedom than women because of rape culture. You are freer to speak your mind and represent your rights. You are given an unfair advantage simply due to your maleness.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #102
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by john's ego View Post
What username did Shallowed have before this.
I was wondering this as well

Old 07-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #103
null123
Minion of Satan

pasta of muppet

Old 07-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #104
Shallowed
Braindead

Before, rape-culture sounded like something that was only a part of society, but what you're saying here makes it sound like it IS society, or it has completely permeated it.

Quote:
Well for one example, rape culture is used to keep women out of spaces that men want to remain male-exclusive or male-led. Reminding women that they are viewed as subhuman and vulnerable to rape is an effective way to get them to stop talking or to leave entirely. Men do this here and in a lot of other places online. You see it in gaming communities a lot, or other places that are absolutely male-centered like those related to sports or politics.
Unless you agree that rape-culture = society, then that doesn't answer my question at all. I was talking about me personally. I have no objection to women being involved in things that I am interested in (awww how nice of me). The things I am interested in are either open to women (awww how nice of men) or just don't seem to interest women at very much at all. I don't really involve myself in gaming, I especially don't involve myself in sports. If I am open and even preferable to women being involved in areas where other men aren't open, that doesn't benefit me at all.

Quote:
But anywhere you go, you have greater physical and social freedom than women because of rape culture. You are freer to speak your mind and represent your rights. You are given an unfair advantage simply due to your maleness.
This could be true, but other than not having to be fearful of rape (physical freedom?) I personally don't feel freer than anyone else. To my knowledge I have never been in a situation where my views or my rights were in favour of a woman's simply because I am male.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #105
PkPhuoko
Minion of Satan

hit or miss from me. he seems to borrow a lot of last months fail compilation series.... some of his office abuse of his workers is nice

Old 07-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #106
john's ego
Ownz

Quote:
Unless you agree that rape-culture = society, then that doesn't answer my question at all.
Don't wanna put words in Charmbag's mouth but I'm pretty sure that's exactly the point she's making.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #107
Shallowed
Braindead

There could have been a lot less confusion caused in this thread and that banging 18 year olds thread if that was made clear to begin with.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #108
null123
Minion of Satan

Thanks for your feedback. It will be helpful the next time I take it upon myself to educate a manchild like you.

Last edited by null123 : 07-14-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #109
null123
Minion of Satan

and yes rape culture is a characteristic of society, not a subculture like skaters and otherkin.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #110
null123
Minion of Satan

Privileged people tend not to notice that they have privilege. Let them eat cake.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #111
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback. It will be helpful the next time I take it upon myself to educate a manchild like you.
That's so nice of you, because I actually am open to having my views and opinions changed. I'm not usually the kind to involve myself in debates. But when I do I hope to either change someone else's mind or have my own mind changed by submitting my opinions, having them challenged, rebut if I still don't agree, and so on.

Last edited by Shallowed : 07-14-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #112
john's ego
Ownz

"society" is as an ambiguous term as "culture". rape culture manifests itself to varying degrees in various social circles. it's fairly prominent at sports gatherings and concerts. Moshing and crowd surfing is something that men can confidently engage in with the knowledge that nobody's going to grab their dick or rip their clothes off. A lot of concerts are not very accessible to women who don't want to get gang raped. And any woman who decides she does want to go and maybe try getting close to the stage at a metal is either stupid or a slut.

The David Cross thing is a good example of the victim blaming that's commonplace in society. A lot of studies show that mass media emphasizes the responsibly of women to prevent rape, not men. It's veiled as "girl power" type stuff, but it's really total bullshit.

If you feel so compelled, check this blog regularly: http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/ It analyzes the images that pervade mass media and why we shouldn't be so complacent towards them.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #113
Shallowed
Braindead

You are posting on a forum.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #114
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

so charmbag, who decides where the line between tongue-in-cheek and seriousness is drawn? Should we have some sort of good-taste bureau to assess if a work is using satire "the right way?" Or maybe we should just leave it up to the thought police to figure out? But then what about when something sardonic attracts the attention of people who do not understand satire and enjoy it for the entirely wrong reason? Like most of the people who see Tarantino movies, or watched Chapelle's show. Oh, maybe we could just ban people without sufficient intelligence to understand satire from being exposed to media.

BTW this shitbag Tosh can get shipped off to the gulags for all I care, but charmbag, like too many people in the world, takes her ideological bend and extends it to absurd, absolutist lengths.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #115
Shallowed
Braindead

brb gonna kill myself*

*I apologise to anyone that was offended by this, or worried that I would actually kill myself, I don't mean to encourage suicide either, I meant it only as a joke.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:48 PM   #116
john's ego
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
so charmbag, who decides where the line between tongue-in-cheek and seriousness is drawn? Should we have some sort of good-taste bureau to assess if a work is using satire "the right way?" Or maybe we should just leave it up to the thought police to figure out? But then what about when something sardonic attracts the attention of people who do not understand satire and enjoy it for the entirely wrong reason? Like most of the people who see Tarantino movies, or watched Chapelle's show. Oh, maybe we could just ban people without sufficient intelligence to understand satire from being exposed to media.

BTW this shitbag Tosh can get shipped off to the gulags for all I care, but charmbag, like too many people in the world, takes her ideological bend and extends it to absurd, absolutist lengths.
i'd like to think you're smarter this.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #117
john's ego
Ownz

Quote:
brb gonna kill myself*

*I apologise to anyone that was offended by this, or worried that I would actually kill myself, I don't mean to encourage suicide either, I meant it only as a joke.
is this an example of your open minded approach to arguing on netphoria.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:51 PM   #118
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john's ego View Post
i'd like to think you're smarter this.
I don't really give a shit how stupid you are, but for the sake of being an asshole back, I'd like to think you are smarter than playing charmbag's sidekick through a whole thread, but but it's too late for that.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:52 PM   #119
john's ego
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I don't really give a shit how stupid you are, but for the sake of being an asshole back, I'd like to think you are smarter than playing charmbag's sidekick through a whole thread, but but it's too late for that.
why so aggro.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #120
null123
Minion of Satan

being aggressively mocking and misogynistic and then faux-offended that someone won't gently handhold you through feminism is called gaslighting and puts you on my do-not-reply list.

y'all know who you are.