Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2020, 08:54 AM   #1
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Won't somebody please think of the celebrities?

This is a thread to miss celebrities and wonder how they are getting by in these trying times. lol, ok that was a lie.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:04 AM   #2
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Hot garbage:

Thoughtful art:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingua_ignota
I made a parody harsh noise interpretation of the new Celebrities Sing Imagine To Lift Spirits video, which is already a parody of itself and which I could not actually watch or listen to all the way through. It is the best or worst thing I have ever made, it is on bandcamp, it is one dollar. there is Actual new music coming next week if this does not excite you.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:22 AM   #3
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I thought this thread was about me.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:22 AM   #4
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

After watching the BBC video I had to know more about the guy saying "I think in times of crisis, I think we all know it’s the celebrities that we count on most." Well, it turns out that guy is Ryan Reynolds who I still was not extremely familiar with. After doing proper research and checking out the original video I decided to bump Mr. Reynolds up a bit on the "Favorite Canadians" list. Some "celebrities" get it so let's think about those ones in this thread as well.

Quote:
Ryan Reynolds knows we’re all counting celebrities to get us through this pandemic. Well, sort of.

The actor appeared in a minute-long video for Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau urging his fellow citizens to stay home. Reynolds, 43, was born in Vancouver, though he now lives in New York with wife Blake Lively and their three daughters.

“We need to work together to flatten the curve and fight off COVID-19. I think in times of crisis, I think we all know it’s the celebrities that we count on most. They’re the ones who are gonna get us through this,” Reynolds slyly says in the video posted to his Twitter.

Reynolds then drolly starts counting all the people who are probably more important than celebrities when it comes to keeping people safe during a crisis.

“Right after health care workers, of course. First responders. People who work in essential services. Ping pong players. Mannequins? They’re great. Childhood imaginary friends? Sure. Like, 400 other types of people,” he deadpans.

“Look, stay at home. Practice social distancing. Wash your hands. We are gonna get through this thing, we’re gonna get through this thing together,” Reynolds adds.

Reynolds then nominates three more people to spread the word about staying home amid the virus, including fellow Canadian Seth Rogen.

“Another important message from an important celebrity. Let’s spread the word not the virus,” Reynolds captioned the video.

Reynolds and his wife Lively have been some of the celebrities leading the way in helping people in need during the crisis. In a post shared on Reynolds’ Twitter and Instagram last week, the Deadpool star announced that he and his wife will be donating $1 million to two organizations representing food banks across the United States and Canada.

“Covid-19 has brutally impacted older adults and love income families,” Reynolds, 43, began in his message. “Blake and I are donating $1 million to be split between FEEDING AMERICA and FOOD BANKS CANADA.”

“If you can give, these orgs need out help,” he continued. “Take care of your bodies and hearts. Leave room for joy. Call someone who’s isolated and might need connection.”

Reynolds also announced that he and his spirit company, Aviation Gin, would be donating 30 percent of their online proceeds to the United States Bartender’s Guild throughout May 1 as a part of their new “Tip Your Bartenders” program.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:26 AM   #5
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
This message can't be viewed because FoolofaTook is in your ignore list

Old 04-15-2020, 09:41 AM   #6
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Thumbs down

Reynolds' sense of humor is like nails on a chalkboard to me, just, absolutely cannot sanction his buffoonery

That said, I hope and pray all our rich people, famous or in the shadows, make it through this difficult time in their 40-room house in the Hamptons

PS Gal Gadot hates Palestinians

Old 04-15-2020, 09:46 AM   #7
FoolofaTook

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Maybe tonight just stick to tomato juice?

Old 04-15-2020, 09:48 AM   #8
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Whatever your opinion on any given celebrity is, they can be important to bring certain situations and topics to light and help important messages reach a wider number of people.

I've heard more than a few people say they decided to go on social isolation by themselves because of some celebrity they liked started doing it.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:49 AM   #9
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Also they can be massive pieces of shit. So it's almost like they are humans after all.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:53 AM   #10
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

I think Topley or Tyler first alerted me to Geffen on his boat? Pardon me if it was someone else.

Billionaire David Geffen criticized for tone-deaf self-isolation post

Quote:
Geffen, net worth $7.7bn according to Forbes, sent a virtual postcard to his 84,000 Instagram followers on Saturday morning, to let them know he too was feeling the hardships of enforced solitude.

“Sunset last night…” Geffen wrote, to accompany a travel brochure-quality photograph of his vessel resting at anchor in the picturesque Caribbean sea.

“Isolated in the Grenadines avoiding the virus. I hope everybody is staying safe.”

Social media users were quick to leap on the tone-deaf post.

“David Geffen sends a message: You poor plebs can suck it. It’s fabulous to be rich! Look at me!” stock market analyst Sven Henrich wrote on Twitter.

Others referred to the Geffen’s background as a producer and record label owner who has worked with hundreds of big-name artists.

“There’s a reason people thought Carly Simon’s You’re So Vain was about David Geffen,” one Twitter user wrote, referring to the decades-long guessing game over the protagonist of the singer’s 1972 hit.

Another suggested that Geffen, 77, could be doing more to counter the pandemic.

“David Geffen is out of touch,” the Twitter user wrote. “Maybe if he made a large donation for medical protective gear for our overworked nurses, doctors & medical staff, he wouldn’t come off as an elitist jerk.”

In the mogul’s defense, the David Geffen Foundation has over the years directed many hundreds of millions of dollars to philanthropic causes including medical and health clinics and charities for the homeless. The school of medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles is named for him.

Still, a self-pitying missive from the Caribbean hinting at the adversity of staring down the Coronavirus aboard a $590m floating palace with a crew of 45 will hardly resonate with the harsh reality now facing millions of Americans.

Billionaire David Geffen deleted his Instagram after being slammed for a post about how he's self-isolating on his $590 million superyacht

[img=100x50]https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/03/29/00/26534992-0-image-a-22_1585440674140.jpg[/img] --- oops! maybe I'll fix this later

Old 04-15-2020, 09:56 AM   #11
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Maybe tonight just stick to tomato juice?
Don't be such a self-righteous Slav. You're not actually on my ignore list.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:58 AM   #12
LaBelle
Socialphobic

rich asshole =/= celebrity tho

Old 04-15-2020, 09:58 AM   #13
FoolofaTook

self-righteous pseudo Slav

Old 04-15-2020, 09:58 AM   #14
FoolofaTook

dammit labelle you broke the post flow!

Old 04-15-2020, 10:02 AM   #15
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I'm not bad, i'm just drawn this way.

Old 04-15-2020, 10:03 AM   #16
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Whatever your opinion on any given celebrity is, they can be important to bring certain situations and topics to light and help important messages reach a wider number of people.

I've heard more than a few people say they decided to go on social isolation by themselves because of some celebrity they liked started doing it.
Yeah, that's great to hear. I get it and agree, I'm not here to say all celebrities are just like donald trump.

Quote:
Also they can be massive pieces of shit. So it's almost like they are humans after all.
True, many of them are pretty ok humans.

Old 04-15-2020, 10:08 AM   #17
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Reynolds' sense of humor is like nails on a chalkboard to me, just, absolutely cannot sanction his buffoonery

That said, I hope and pray all our rich people, famous or in the shadows, make it through this difficult time in their 40-room house in the Hamptons

PS Gal Gadot hates Palestinians
All fair points as usual my friend. I'll reconsider Reynolds' position on the Favorite Canadians list. Definitely not a fan of Gal Gadot.

Last edited by MplsTaper : 04-15-2020 at 10:13 AM. Reason: forgot a word...

Old 04-15-2020, 10:10 AM   #18
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
rich asshole =/= celebrity tho
Thanks but it's too late to change the thread title now.

Old 04-15-2020, 10:12 AM   #19
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
The trouble isn't necessarily with the celebrities themselves, but the way in which so many people worship them and vicariously live through them.

Quote:
See?

Old 04-15-2020, 10:13 AM   #20
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Oh ok, I'll do the right thing because I saw a Kardashian do it.

Old 04-15-2020, 10:17 AM   #21
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Also, can we all agree that Imagine is one of the worst songs ever written?

Old 04-15-2020, 10:21 AM   #22
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Ryan Reynolds is like a B-grade Dane Cook to me.

Dane Cook of course being a D-grade Dane Cook.

Old 04-15-2020, 10:23 AM   #23
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Lol this thread reminds me how coronavirus (to say nothing of covid-19) remained a vague/foreign sort of joke topic in my area and in my office specifically UNTIL they cancelled sports. That’s what it took for anyone to take it remotely seriously around here. That’s how u get the attention of your average middle american numbskulled couch potato — OMG what did they do to SPORTS?!?!?

Old 04-15-2020, 10:56 AM   #24
FoolofaTook

Talking

This is the only celebrity I follow.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:03 AM   #25
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
The trouble isn't necessarily with the celebrities themselves, but the way in which so many people worship them and vicariously live through them.

See?
Yeah well, if that wasn't the case there wouldn't even be celebrities in the first place. So whatevs.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:44 AM   #26
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Billionaires on Yachts makes me contemplate piracy

Old 04-15-2020, 12:32 PM   #27
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Yeah well, if that wasn't the case there wouldn't even be celebrities in the first place. So whatevs.
Sure, but you don't think there's a healthy balance somewhere? I have celebrities or known folks who I admire, but I'm not following any of them off any bridges any time soon.

The cult of personality is how things like President Trump happen.

Old 04-15-2020, 12:36 PM   #28
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Sure, but you don't think there's a healthy balance somewhere? I have celebrities or known folks who I admire, but I'm not following any of them off any bridges any time soon.

Agreed except for the use of the term president.

Old 04-15-2020, 12:42 PM   #29
FoolofaTook

u prefer "God-Emperor Trump"?

Old 04-15-2020, 12:54 PM   #30
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:

Then talk to the people who worship them to unhealthy levels.