Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2001, 03:27 AM   #1
Smiley

Post 1989 "15 songs" video tracklist?

So, I've heard that the 10/31/89 video and the My Dahlia rehearsal thing plus extras are all on one video... that's the Psycho video, right? I'm just wondering if anybody would post the full tracklisting to the video. I'm guessing that the two mp3 clips from zwanphoria.org (spiteface and breathe) are from the video, because I can't think of any other source. But even if they aren't, I was just wondering if anybody can shed some more light on this video. Or if anybody has any rumors, let's hear 'em. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

------------------
"love does not always have to be quiet and graceful, it can be boisterous and loud and even rude, to shout above the din to be heard sometimes... if only to bring a little peace" -bc
suicidekiss.org

Old 12-12-2001, 04:24 AM   #2
monto

doesn't completely answer your questions, but some interesting stuff...transcribed from DC hub chat yesterday

Quote:
Pmack> OK, look, this is the Real Deal here. I have nothing to do with that lame ass Zwanphoria
Pmack> That Spiteface clip is from the 1989 video; the date is unknown because the whole tape is full of assorted clips.
Pmack> This 1989 video is also the source of the unknwn She that's circulating, as well as the My Dahlia rehearsal.
Pmack> Also the source of 10.31.89
Pmack> I bought it from a girl who was close to the band in 1989. This girl is also the source of the "Ignoffo Tape".

Old 12-12-2001, 05:50 AM   #3
Smiley

Question

Quote:
Pmack> That Spiteface clip is from the 1989 video; the date is unknown because the whole tape is full of assorted clips.
Pmack> This 1989 video is also the source of the unknwn She that's circulating, as well as the My Dahlia rehearsal.
Pmack> Also the source of 10.31.89
See, if it's the same tape with 10/31/89, then that's 10 of the 15 songs right there. Unless the "15 songs" portion of the tape is separate from the concert. I guess that's the big question.

But whatever... let's see. Assuming 10 songs from that show... plus She, My Dahlia, and Spiteface. That only leaves two... not bad. I wonder if that cover of "I'm Free" by the Who is on there.

It seems like a lot of people don't really care about video bootlegs, so nobody ever talks about them. Like, everybody wants MP... but to me, I'd rather have some cool videos. There's the 1989 video, 4/23/99 video, FBS 1+2, and now I hear that there's a two-song promo video of the Marked?? Oh and isn't there a video of some S+P soundcheck? Come on people, let's gossip about leet videos... gossipping is what messageboards are for.

------------------
"love does not always have to be quiet and graceful, it can be boisterous and loud and even rude, to shout above the din to be heard sometimes... if only to bring a little peace" -bc
suicidekiss.org

Old 12-12-2001, 06:25 AM   #4
StillBecomingApart

Is that video with "Snail" (the one leaked out with jeroen?)

------------------
http://www.IofTheMourning.com/images/excel.jpg http://www.IofTheMourning.com/images/hayat.jpg http://www.IofTheMourning.com/images/puchuu.jpg

Old 12-12-2001, 07:45 AM   #5
monto

Quote:
Originally posted by StillBecomingApart:
Is that video with "Snail" (the one leaked out with jeroen?)
i believe that was 90.08.25

Quote:
Originally posted by Smiley:
4/23/99 video
boy how i'd love to see a copy of that, or any Arising! show for that matter. it's supposed to exist, listed on spfc and such, but i've never seen it on a bootlist. i remember searching through google AMSP archives and the only posts mentioned Ben Golomb as the taper, but alas, it's not listed on his list nor is he trading...

Old 12-12-2001, 09:56 AM   #6
Vanity Must Die

Quote:
See, if it's the same tape with 10/31/89, then that's 10 of the 15 songs right there. Unless the "15 songs" portion of the tape is separate from the concert. I guess that's the big question.

and now I hear that there's a two-song promo video of the Marked??
Since the 1989-10-31 concert and the 15 misc live songs are listed as 2 seperate boots, I would assume that they are indeed two seperate boots.

2-song Marked promo? 'Video Marked'?

>Trent

Old 12-12-2001, 10:20 AM   #7
List On Fork

What does "FBS" stand for?

Old 12-12-2001, 12:07 PM   #8
Andrew Fogelsong

Quote:
Originally posted by monto:
i remember searching through google AMSP archives and the only posts mentioned Ben Golomb as the taper, but alas, it's not listed on his list nor is he trading...
Of course it's not listed. He also has a few other things, one of which would excite most people(me anyways), but I don't trade video. He's engaged and soon to be married. That's what he told me the last time I emailed him, so it's safe to say he's gone. It's better to move on than stay around. I'll miss the guy. We traded many times...

Andrew

Old 12-12-2001, 12:33 PM   #9
Jen Ever

Quote:
Originally posted by List On Fork:
What does "FBS" stand for?
It's "Funky Beat Society"... In the early 90's, when gangsta rap was starting to be the best new thing, the band released a few singles that made small waves in the rap world. That's how he hooked up with Puffy.. Funky Beat Society helped him out a few times quite a while ago, and Puffy wanted to return the favor.

Sadly, the band decided to drop that project, in part due to the stupid name.. Which was originally based on a lame joke during a few rounds of beers at Jimmy's house one night. D'arcy had said that it was impossible to think of a worse name than Smashing Pumpkins, and James proved her wrong.

------------------
If you worship something, you probably know that on the first day God created light, and on the second day God created Danza. Then on the third day, God created a swell place for the Danza to live. And if you don't believe in God, then it was the Buddha or Allah or whatever. The Danza embraces all religions.

Old 12-12-2001, 01:10 PM   #10
Vanity Must Die

"Fruit Bat Salad I" & "Fruit Bat Salad II" are basically the tracklist of SD, only live SBD videos.

I think..

>Trent

Old 12-12-2001, 01:14 PM   #11
Jeroen (Aagje)

Quote:
Or if anybody has any rumors, let's hear 'em. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif
IIRC, rumoured:
Jennifer Ever (live)
I'm Free (live)
The Crystal Ship (live)

My memory sucks.

The 15 tracks are separate from the 891031 show.

Be blissed
Jeroen

------------------
They pound pumpkins not out of malice or recreation, but because they savor the gourds' slippery, seedy innards, their gold-orange skins and their firm yellow flesh as well. And they are happily ignorant of all wordplay about pumpkins and rock bands.

Smashing Pumpkins into Small Piles of Putrid Debris: All the pumpkins of the world cower in fear again, as another Halloween approaches. As always, they are destined to be culinarily transformed into grotesque icons of a pagan tradition. Their only hope was to steal all of Earth's candles and take them away to the distant pumpkin planet, Pumpkinia.

Old 12-12-2001, 03:35 PM   #12
Smiley

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanity Must Die:
"Fruit Bat Salad I" & "Fruit Bat Salad II" are basically the tracklist of SD, only live SBD videos.
I don't know how accurate this is, but I'm told that FBS1 is a 2 hour video with songs from 6/9/92, 6/10/92, and 6/11/92 (mostly 6/10)... and FBS2 is the one that is the tracklist of SD, from various shows. And that they aren't really soundboard, but they are what people call "permission shot" so the sound is supposed to be pretty good. And I read some of that on AMSP somewhere a while back... I'm sure it can be found by searching.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeroen (Aagje):
IIRC, rumoured:
Jennifer Ever (live)
I'm Free (live)
The Crystal Ship (live)
See, I saw Jennifer Ever live and I'm Free on someone's bootlist... and I'm Free was listed as being VIDL, but Jennifer Ever was ANA? I think. And since these were both next to eachother with different source info, I thought that they couldn't both be from the same source. Maybe that's bad flawed logic on my part though.

Quote:
Originally posted by monto:
Yeah, see... there's another one! And the Pulse Cable Access thing. There are a lot of leet videos out there, but most people don't seem to care. If there was more interest in them, then maybe we'd at least know what we're talking about. For example, I've always wondered if 8/25/90 is the video shown during the credits of Full Circle (because it's pro-shot Sookie Sookie at the Metro, 1990ish).

There don't seem to be many leet audio-only bootlegs left out there... maybe videos are the leetness of the future. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

------------------
suicidekiss.org

Old 12-12-2001, 04:17 PM   #13
Andrew Fogelsong

Quote:
There don't seem to be many leet audio-only bootlegs left out there... maybe videos are the leetness of the future. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif
How soon you forget MP and the SBDs.

Old 12-12-2001, 05:17 PM   #14
Anti-Moan Gestapo

Anyone wanna trade 8/25/90 for the Smashing Pumpkins Doco and 'Pink Floyd - Behind The Wall'?

I'll also throu in a copy of "20 years of Jethro Tull" to tempt you...

Old 12-12-2001, 05:48 PM   #15
Richard D. James

The 8.25.90 video is indeed the one that is shown at the end of Full Circle with Billy laughing about his shirt and Jimmy. It is a pro-shot video from I think about 3-4 cameras. The Sookie Sookie is great, but Razor is the real gem on that one.

-GK

Old 12-12-2001, 05:57 PM   #16
Jeroen (Aagje)

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard D. James:
The 8.25.90 video (...) The Sookie Sookie is great, but Razor is the real gem on that one.
Hmmmm. Maybe something for the next NSPAA SHN fest? http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

Be blissed
Jeroen
np frank bennett - and what I choose is my choice (what's a boy supposed to do-doobie-do-dooh!)

------------------
They pound pumpkins not out of malice or recreation, but because they savor the gourds' slippery, seedy innards, their gold-orange skins and their firm yellow flesh as well. And they are happily ignorant of all wordplay about pumpkins and rock bands.

Smashing Pumpkins into Small Piles of Putrid Debris: All the pumpkins of the world cower in fear again, as another Halloween approaches. As always, they are destined to be culinarily transformed into grotesque icons of a pagan tradition. Their only hope was to steal all of Earth's candles and take them away to the distant pumpkin planet, Pumpkinia.

[This message has been edited by Jeroen (Aagje) (edited 12-12-2001).]

Old 12-13-2001, 02:13 AM   #17
Halteh

Quote:
The video is a solid 2 hrs of music. so the to answer your question: it's 10/31/89 and prolly another 15 songs on top of that. starting with I'm Free ("who" cover) and than going into some other songs i cant even remember. Off the top of my head I would say the video sources songs from six different concerts and includes one Pulse Cable song and the My Dahlia garage/basement rehersal. It has a clip of Billy and Bob at Geraldo and 2 Geraldo interviews with 2 serial killers (the title?) and some goodies at the end. Songs I remember off the top of my head: Sun, Spiteface, I'm Free, Venus in Furs, Jen Ever, I am One, Rhino, There it Goes, she, I think the Chrystal Ship and blah blah blah. Maybe one of these days if I get bored enough i will check it out.

One key thing I do recal, which I bet a lotta ppl who have seen the video have never noticed, is at one point they break into Oui Henri but the tape cuts and goes to a different song. I thought that was cool.

------------------
"western conception of the world, with it's mcdonalds materialism, doesn't mean so much as family, life, and tradition" -bc
Fares Halteh - 733+ Trading Page

[This message has been edited by Halteh (edited 12-13-2001).]

Old 12-13-2001, 02:29 AM   #18
Smiley

Quote:
Originally posted by Halteh:
(snip)
Whoa, thanks! You definitely answered my question.

Billy and Bob at Geraldo... whoa.

I'd sell my soul to see that video. Any takers?

------------------
brand new: suicidekiss.org

Old 12-13-2001, 07:24 PM   #19
Anti-Moan Gestapo

Exclamation

Wow. I must say I'm disappointed. After my generous offer, I expected my inbox to be flooded.

In fact, not one offer.

Way to go, fucknuts.

Old 12-19-2001, 04:51 PM   #20
eternyty

Is anyone trading this material?

Old 12-19-2001, 06:25 PM   #21
clairvoyance

Quote:
Originally posted by Halteh:
The video is a solid 2 hrs of music. so the to answer your question: it's 10/31/89 and prolly another 15 songs on top of that. starting with I'm Free ("who" cover) and than going into some other songs i cant even remember. Off the top of my head I would say the video sources songs from six different concerts and includes one Pulse Cable song and the My Dahlia garage/basement rehersal. It has a clip of Billy and Bob at Geraldo and 2 Geraldo interviews with 2 serial killers (the title?) and some goodies at the end. Songs I remember off the top of my head: Sun, Spiteface, I'm Free, Venus in Furs, Jen Ever, I am One, Rhino, There it Goes, she, I think the Chrystal Ship and blah blah blah. Maybe one of these days if I get bored enough i will check it out.

One key thing I do recal, which I bet a lotta ppl who have seen the video have never noticed, is at one point they break into Oui Henri but the tape cuts and goes to a different song. I thought that was cool.

hey you. i emailed you with a nice lil trade offer a couple dayz ago. c'mon, click "respond". you know you want to. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

------------------
thats right, im still a bundle of fun to talk to.

aim- AnotherSpaceJam

Old 12-19-2001, 08:17 PM   #22
GhostChild

leet videos

physco
fruit bat salad (I think this is getting around now)
10.22.91 (both sets shot with premission w/ back stage footage)
12.31.91 (shot with premission from balcony w/ back stage footage)
08.25.90 (SBD audio)
04.23.99 (AUD shot)

I think thats all thats really leet. There are things that are out there, but we may never get out hands on. At the Bridge School each year they have a history tent, and they play old shows. I watched the 97 SP sets there once, it was rather amazing. I asked how one could get a copy and the lady said I can't, but then said if I donated a rather large sum of money to the Bridge School, Neil could probably work something out. Also the Double Doors shows were shot by MTV...Viper Room was shot by Virgin, etc.

Also there is a guy that has 50+ full video from like 90 and on, but won't let them out. He is in the Milwaukee area I believe. Fruit Bat Salad was sourced from this guy, and I am guessing 10.22.91 was shot by him, since those are from Milwaukee. At the end of Fruit Bat Salad its says something like, "copyright 1994 Atomic Records". Some of those would be really cool to get, but I guess the guy doesn't let them out.

-Jason

Old 12-19-2001, 08:26 PM   #23
GhostChild

OK...let me clear up some stuff on Fruit Bat Salad.

There are two parts. One of them being from the 92 unicorn shows. There is also footage from another unknonwn show that cuts in sometimes...maybe around the same time.

The shows are shot from the stage...one of the night is from James side, the other from Darcys...there is also a little footage from behind Jimmy. One thing to this video that kinda sucks is the different shows cut in and out...example...

During Window Paine, when it gets quiet, and then picks back up...its on say 6/9/92 for most of the song, then right when it gets to the end part when it picks up, it cuts into that unknown show. It does this for a lot of the songs, so not too many songs are completely from one show. I have all the info written down somewhere, but I will have to sreach around for it.

The second part is videos from each song of Siamese Dream in order. They are from random shows. Most people have seen Geek USA from this video, as its the same version thats on the DVD. And yes the shows are NOT SBD, they were just shot with premison. I have the lowest known gen copy dubed to DAT and probably when I get time next year I will put it on CDR and send it around.

Also at the end of the video is has some footage a 94 Lala show...I think it's 7/14/94? I could look at my list right now but Im too lazy. Anyways...its got the Frogs on the side stage covering "Miss World"...then it cuts into Billy playing on the side stage with the Frogs. He sings and plays, "I Only Play for the Money". And then Jimmy or Dennis...I get em mixed up taclkes Billy and such, its rather cool.

Anyways thats the fruit bat salad. Want anymore run downs of videos? Just ask and I will let you know from the ones I have seen.

-Jason

Old 12-19-2001, 09:07 PM   #24
Todd White

Quote:
Originally posted by GhostChild:
During Window Paine, when it gets quiet, and then picks back up...its on say 6/9/92 for most of the song, then right when it gets to the end part when it picks up, it cuts into that unknown show. It does this for a lot of the songs, so not too many songs are completely from one show. I have all the info written down somewhere, but I will have to sreach around for it.
So horrible! Makes the video crap. I don't understand why they did it. I guess it would be fine if they keep the same audio...but it totally changes. Doesn't flow at all.

- Todd

Old 12-19-2001, 09:17 PM   #25
Jeroen (Aagje)

Quote:
Originally posted by GhostChild:
OK...let me clear up some stuff on Fruit Bat Salad.

There are two parts. One of them being from the 92 unicorn shows. There is also footage from another unknonwn show that cuts in sometimes...maybe around the same time.
(snip)
The second part is videos from each song of Siamese Dream in order. They are from random shows.
Uhm. IIRC, the first video is called 'Three days in June', the second one 'Fruit Bat Salad'. But what do I know? I don't even have a VCR.

Be blissed
Jeroen

------------------

Old 12-19-2001, 09:35 PM   #26
Pmack

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeroen (Aagje):
Uhm. IIRC, the first video is called 'Three days in June', the second one 'Fruit Bat Salad'.
Correct. FBS is the Siamese Dream video.

And the 'psycho' video is called "25 Songs O' Pumpkins', as per Billy's handwritten label.

Other 'leet' videos:

Pro shot 08.23.95 Ireland
06.22.91 Metro w/MTV interview raw footage
09.23.91 MTV interview raw footage

I also know of someone who has 5 or 6 videos from 1989-1990 that he shot for the band; he gave the band the masters but kept copies for himself.

- Dave

Old 12-19-2001, 09:38 PM   #27
Pmack

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd White:
So horrible! Makes the video crap. I don't understand why they did it
Because the video we have is the rough cut; I'm pretty sure it says something to that effect at the beginning of the tape.

- dave

Old 12-19-2001, 11:46 PM   #28
GhostChild

Quote:
Originally posted by Pmack:

I also know of someone who has 5 or 6 videos from 1989-1990 that he shot for the band; he gave the band the masters but kept copies for himself.

- Dave
I hate when bands do that haha. I video this guy out here sometimes and he always say I can video him if I give him the master. Blah!
http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

-Jason

Old 12-20-2001, 12:20 AM   #29
clairvoyance

Quote:
Originally posted by Pmack:

"know of".

*kicks the dirt* damn.

------------------
thats right, im still a bundle of fun to talk to.

aim- AnotherSpaceJam

Old 12-20-2001, 12:50 AM   #30
CouldUBelieveInHeaven

http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/eek.gif

too much to shove in my brain from one topic.

------------------
ring ring ring ring ring...