Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2016, 06:29 PM   #301
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Tell him weasel! You tell him!

Old 12-24-2016, 07:04 PM   #302
Ram27
dumb

up to 158 sold!

it's a christmas miracle

Last edited by Ram27 : 12-24-2016 at 07:19 PM.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:11 PM   #303
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
up to 158 sold!

it's a christmas miracle
352 still available,
148 sold

you're a miracle...

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 12-24-2016 at 10:41 PM. Reason: New video added: Weasel found this post boring

Old 12-24-2016, 10:22 PM   #304
FoolofaTook

Well done, Corgan's Bluff.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:50 AM   #305
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
352 still available,
148 sold

you're a miracle...

dammit. yeah that makes more sense

Old 12-25-2016, 05:36 PM   #306
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel View Post
baby chickens are called chicks.
Weasels are always pricks.

Old 12-25-2016, 06:27 PM   #307
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Corgan's Guff licks dicks.
Shows immediately being a prick...

One of your relatives is already known for biting dicks!

Do something useful, to get rid of Darcy's today's "boy"-friend PATRICK, called from her sister an idiot, troll and loser:

http://billycorgan.livejournal.com/tag/confessions

Bring the Fuzz [Apr. 25th, 2005|11:54 pm]
[ Tags | 1992, confessions ]

Before I started living at the rehearsal space, I had stayed for a short time with D’arcy and her future husband Kerry (who is Catherine’s erstwhile drummer and my good friend) in their basement apartment on the north side…because Kerry used to date one of my old girlfriends, we share a sort of “hey, we went out with the same girl but it’s no big deal” bond…on top of that, the fact that he and D’arcy have fallen so completely in love brings us even closer together as he is often around bumming with her…I was homeless for a time, having recently broken up with my longtime girlfriend (whom I had lived with on and off and leaving behind my last apartment), and was so totally devastated that I couldn’t function for a time because of crying jags and panic attacks…taking pity on me, they graciously invited me to stay at their home so I wouldn’t have to be alone…I slept on their living room floor on a too small blow-up mattress, because they only had one bedroom in the place…crashing on the floor didn’t bother me much, because it was easier than being by myself…that is until they buy a ferret, which D’arcy promptly dyes pink for some reason known only to her…at first, the ferret is good fun…”look at the ferret! look at him eat that box! ha ha”…as his confidence grows, the ferret quickly becomes more like a terrorist than a furry little buddy…he destroys nearly everything in his path, chewing and shredding…he goes in their room, climbs under their covers and proceeds to bite Kerry on his penis while he is sleeping…paper money is hacked up, coins and shiny objects vaporize, nothing is sacred to this monster…plus he totally stinks like shit…the ferret and I develop a love/hate relationship (he loves me, I hate him)…adding to my psychic overload is the fact that Kerry and D’arcy’s romantic interludes (with not so gentle abandon) occur almost every night, with both of them doing very little to mask the fact that this is what they are up to in the next room (the walls were pretty thin)…I of course can’t, in good conscience complain, because it is not my place to…I really appreciated them letting me stay, but when you feel truly lonely and brokenhearted, and happen to be sleeping on a cold tile floor, anything that reminds you of the happiness that takes place between 2 people in love is painful and bitter…this is initially why I decided it would be better to live tucked away in the rehearsal space, because I figure it will be quiet and isolating and allow me the corner to grieve alone…not to mention, if I didn’t leave soon, I was going to strangle the stupid ferret…

Old 12-25-2016, 06:50 PM   #308
T&T
Socialphobic

billy is such a twat

Old 12-25-2016, 08:01 PM   #309
FoolofaTook

bElli once wrote a story about a dick biting ferret.

we have a phorian weasel

amazing

Old 12-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #310
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

The turntable, you could win, buying SIDDARTHA plus a teabag, has just got a owner!
Live on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/smashingpum...82779814923620

Julie on Facebook, 2016/12/21:
"This is an expensive set, over $400 with tax and shipping. The specially designed shipping box was damaged greatly when it arrived which will negatively affect the overall value of this collectable. No help from anyone at Madame ZuZu’s Teahouse at all, they have been rude and do not care that the value and presentation of this very important and expensive gift has been ruined. I would have never guessed that a customer would have been treated so poorly. I’m very sad and disappointed. Perhaps Mr. Corgan will be kind enough to care and help."

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 12-26-2016 at 06:22 PM.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:21 PM   #311
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

And the winner is...Monte

Old 12-26-2016, 06:28 PM   #312
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
And the winner is...Monte
Only if you ban Ban, Manuel...

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 12-26-2016 at 06:33 PM.

Old 12-27-2016, 11:12 AM   #313
freshfacedyouth
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
The turntable, you could win, buying SIDDARTHA plus a teabag, has just got a owner!
Live on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/smashingpum...82779814923620

Julie on Facebook, 2016/12/21:
"This is an expensive set, over $400 with tax and shipping. The specially designed shipping box was damaged greatly when it arrived which will negatively affect the overall value of this collectable. No help from anyone at Madame ZuZu’s Teahouse at all, they have been rude and do not care that the value and presentation of this very important and expensive gift has been ruined. I would have never guessed that a customer would have been treated so poorly. I’m very sad and disappointed. Perhaps Mr. Corgan will be kind enough to care and help."
this is horrible but not surprising. i was wondering if i should feel at least kind of bad that this isn't selling. now i can't wait to see what happens once zuzu's gets stuck with hundreds

Old 12-27-2016, 11:21 AM   #314
FoolofaTook

Why would feel bad for anyone besides the sad saps who bought this shit?

Old 12-27-2016, 12:38 PM   #315
Ram27
dumb

it didn't have much value in the first place

Old 12-27-2016, 04:17 PM   #316
DaveKShape
Ownz

The whole "collectible/unique shipping container" idea was incredibly flawed in the first place. Of course if you expose the outside to labels/shipping mishaps, etc., it's going to get damaged. Who didn't see this coming?

Old 12-27-2016, 07:26 PM   #317
FoolofaTook

The whole idea is a fucking flaw.

Old 12-27-2016, 08:49 PM   #318
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

I love that people think this thing has some sort of collectors value in it.

Good luck ever trying to get more than about $50 for the records. No one will want the other crap at all.

Old 12-27-2016, 08:55 PM   #319
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

The fact that he's sold less than half of these makes me incredibly happy

Old 12-27-2016, 10:13 PM   #320
FoolofaTook

The fact thay he has sold more than none makes me foam at the.mouth with fury.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:09 AM   #321
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Kind of ridiculous he has tons of stuff in the archives that would have sold out at this price and his decision not to release it is entirely passive aggressive to spite the kind of fans that use Netphoria.

He was banking on there being 500 Monte's in this world willing to drop $400 on a wanky vanity "art" project with little technical or artistic proficiency.

This is what happens when an absurd drug-addled ego alienates contructive critique and surrounds themselves with sycophants and yes men. That has been Billy's career for the last 10 years and it's delicious that this overpriced p.o.s. didnt cover it's production costs. FWIW the actual box art is decent. But nobody wants to listen to 8 hours of synth noodling over an audiobook or whatever the fuck this is.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:03 AM   #322
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
kinda ridiculous how netphorians still think that they know how much it costs to press 500 of these. even though it was pointed out earlier in the thread, people still have their whiney blinkers on.
Doesn't matter, Bill clearly expected it to sell out. 150 is nowhere near what he expected to make from this release.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:42 AM   #323
Ram27
dumb

the website figure might not be entirely accurate, i just realized. billy mentioned in the raffle video that the box set was available in store as well, which wouldn't update the website count. of course he didn't sell 350, but maybe enough to make the whole thing less depressing. as one of those articles mentioned, people around highland park are insane enough to actually be into this stuff

Old 12-28-2016, 07:59 AM   #324
Cool As Ice Cream

yes of course the average tea drinker is also very interested in five lp box sets. that's a given.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:22 AM   #325
FoolofaTook

The plp in the suburban universe that Belly inhabits are not insane ram, they're rich. Rich and bored like some pampered shaved and lubed old housewife wearing nothing but pearls and a diamond studded clit stud.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:24 AM   #326
FoolofaTook

Got a little carried away there but you get my drift.

And fuck bElli. Black Francis is old overweight funny looking and he's rocking hard. i can't get these new pixies tunes out of my head. so there's no excuse for this shit, NONE!

Old 12-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #327
DaveKShape
Ownz

Quote:
the website figure might not be entirely accurate, i just realized. billy mentioned in the raffle video that the box set was available in store as well, which wouldn't update the website count. of course he didn't sell 350, but maybe enough to make the whole thing less depressing. as one of those articles mentioned, people around highland park are insane enough to actually be into this stuff
Yeah that's all well and good, but that makes sense for something that costs $30. People don't impulse-buy ~$400 records.

Old 12-28-2016, 12:12 PM   #328
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Kind of ridiculous he has tons of stuff in the archives that would have sold out at this price and his decision not to release it is entirely passive aggressive to spite the kind of fans that use Netphoria.

He was banking on there being 500 Monte's in this world willing to drop $400 on a wanky vanity "art" project with little technical or artistic proficiency.

This is what happens when an absurd drug-addled ego alienates contructive critique and surrounds themselves with sycophants and yes men. That has been Billy's career for the last 10 years and it's delicious that this overpriced p.o.s. didnt cover it's production costs. FWIW the actual box art is decent. But nobody wants to listen to 8 hours of synth noodling over an audiobook or whatever the fuck this is.
I might one day listen to it.

What I won't do is listen to it on vinyl getting up 9 times to flip records.

I wonder how much thought and work he put into editing this. Like what does it just fade at the end of each record? It seems like something that's impossible to program correctly for vinyl.

Old 12-28-2016, 12:22 PM   #329
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Didn't he mention in one of the past videos that he was only going to set aside one for Madame ZuZu's? Billy put himself in a bad situation here (not that it's anyone's fault but his). If, around the beginning of the new year, he puts some of the remaining stock on sale, that will really piss off the few people who actually paid full price for this thing. I'm guessing he'll quietly put these on sale this time next year.

My only worry is that he will use this fiasco as "proof" that we do not want the older recordings he has been talking about releasing since 2014.

Old 12-28-2016, 01:46 PM   #330
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I might one day listen to it.

What I won't do is listen to it on vinyl getting up 9 times to flip records.

I wonder how much thought and work he put into editing this. Like what does it just fade at the end of each record? It seems like something that's impossible to program correctly for vinyl.
A high quality audio download of the whole thing -audiobook style- would have made a lot of sense. He *wants* people to connect with the story too, right?