Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-04-2016, 09:38 PM   #31
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i'm just exaggerating it slightly to make a point.

the kid is definitely not responsible, but the caged ape had done nothing wrong. he was just minding his own business, and his entire life was unjustly ripped from him for human amusement in the first place. that is just not fair.

if the kids' parents are stupid enough to have allowed their son to reach such a dangerous point, the fair thing to do would have been to leave it up to fate (which, by the way, would mean in this case that nothing would happen to the boy). the fact that humans have the ability to pull the trigger doesn't mean they are more important.
sure, it wouldn't be fair for the kid to die, but animals die unjustly in nature all the time. it's only fair the humans face the same reality - but we're like children, wanting to have the cake and eat it too. they could always just make another fucking child

Old 06-04-2016, 09:39 PM   #32
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i know it's a very unpopular opinion but SERIOUSLY why does everyone feel like humans are so god damn important

Old 06-04-2016, 09:43 PM   #33
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
If that were your child, I'm sure you'd feel the same as you do now.
"surely if you were incredibly emotionally biased, you'd understand."

Old 06-04-2016, 09:58 PM   #34
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Well it's the right kind of bias - caring about a human being.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:00 PM   #35
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i know it's a very unpopular opinion but SERIOUSLY why does everyone feel like humans are so god damn important
Why do humans care about themselves? Are you just trying to stir up an argument by half-assedly trolling a stupid point of view?

Old 06-04-2016, 10:04 PM   #36
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
Idk we are the only animals that can ponder our own importance

Old 06-04-2016, 10:16 PM   #37
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
Why do humans care about themselves?
when you paraphrase what i said like this you're being facetious.

the problem is not that humans care for one another - animals do that too.
the problem is that human self importance vehemently runs over anything else in its path.

why can't anybody look past that programming (be it instinctual or taught) and see that other sentient beings are just as important as us, for fuck's sake. it's not that outrageous of an argument

Old 06-04-2016, 10:28 PM   #38
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
between the kid being ripped apart or shooting the gorilla, the choice is clear.
i mean what bothers me about statements like this is the entitlement

Old 06-04-2016, 10:43 PM   #39
slunken
Virgo

this happened where i live and i am so sick of hearing about it

Old 06-04-2016, 11:02 PM   #40
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

it's so easy for a parent to lose track of their child. it sucks that it was at a zoo.

no matter what happened, the animal should have never been killed (in my opinion). from what i've seen, it was never aggressive and was killed just to pacify the masses.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:10 PM   #41
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
it's so easy for a parent to lose track of their child. it sucks that it was at a zoo.

no matter what happened, the animal should have never been killed (in my opinion). from what i've seen, it was never aggressive and was killed just to pacify the masses.
THE END.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:39 PM   #42
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
it's so easy for a parent to lose track of their child.
What are you basing this on? If you take your THREE YEAR OLD to the zoo, you have ONE JOB, and that is to monitor them at all times and not to let them wander off into an animal pit.

Once the kid is being touched by a fucking gorilla, yes of course the fucking gorilla has to be killed, and it's the parents' absolute fault.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:47 PM   #43
TuralyonW3
Immortal

THIS SONG IS FOR ANIMAL LIBERATION FUCKING R.I.P. HARAMBEEEEE

Old 06-05-2016, 12:21 AM   #44
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

So we let the kid be ripped apart? An innocent child? Who here would make that call and take that chance?

Old 06-05-2016, 03:37 AM   #45
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Including or not including decisions made while holidaying in Cambodia and Laos?

Old 06-05-2016, 06:00 AM   #46
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I think the child was the youngest of four, and it climbed under a steel railing, through some shrubs, and then fell in the moat. So it was partly a shitty barrier design. Either one of my kids would have done the same thing, and it's just luck that they haven't been in this particular situation. I think it's fair for parents to assumer that if their kids are on the ground, at the zoo, that they won't end up in the enclosure. So I wouldn't chalk it up to bad parenting, necessarily.

I have no opinion on the child vs. gorilla thing. I think there are a lot of arguments both ways. In terms of biodiversity, on the one hand we have a critically endangered species whose wild habitat is reducing in size every year...and on the other hand, we have a species whose incredibly large number is causing unprecedented destruction and alteration of natural environments.

So you know, if you have one fertile member of a critically endangered species holding a member of a species so numerous that it has become problematic for all life on earth, shooting the member of the critically endangered species might not be the way to go.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:28 AM   #47
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Humans exist under a legal umbrella that doesn't quite shelter the world of gorillas.

Significant changes will be required before such time as hairier forms of ape are going to pull through in these situations.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:47 AM   #48
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Maybe what you mean there is that a legal umbrella has been constructed by humans and we have not extended coverage to gorillas yet. To encourage them though, it only began to cover women about a hundred years ago, so maybe times are a changing.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:48 AM   #49
vixnix
Socialphobic

Do you guys reckon it would have gone down differently if it was a polar bear, because they're white?

Old 06-05-2016, 01:30 PM   #50
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I think the child was the youngest of four, and it climbed under a steel railing, through some shrubs, and then fell in the moat. So it was partly a shitty barrier design.
Those traps/cages are meant to keep animals (those sub-intelligent creatures) from getting out, not from tom cruise-esque mission impossible children from getting in.

Have you ever watched a 4 year old try to do anything? It takes a long time and is comedic. Their brains are essentially retarded.

I honestly don't believe that this tiny dumb child stealthed his way into the free-zone in under 10 seconds or anything. It would have taken him at least 10 minutes.

TEN ENTIRE MINUTES. YOU KNOW HOW DUMB CHILDREN ARE. I'M SURE YOU'VE WATCHED THEM TRY TO DO THINGS MANY TIMES. THEY CAN'T EVEN SNEAK A FUCKING COOKIE.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:44 PM   #51
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:

There's a few videos out

One of them shows Harambe getting agitated by the screaming crowd, grab kid by ankle, and dart lickety-split across a rocky moat, kid's head just hanging/banging along on the ground

Kid got a concussion, too. Even innocent play on the gorilla's part could have killed the kid

Old 06-05-2016, 05:17 PM   #52
slunken
Virgo

So you're saying the gorilla displayed better care for the child than the parent?

Old 06-05-2016, 05:18 PM   #53
slunken
Virgo

Not sure if its been mentioned or not but this "mother" was a "certified" daycare provider

which means she's been trained in watching out for children, in fact many children, all at once

Old 06-05-2016, 05:18 PM   #54
slunken
Virgo

TRAINED

CERTIFIED

Old 06-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #55
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

nevermind...all states have different requirements.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:32 PM   #56
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
Those traps/cages are meant to keep animals (those sub-intelligent creatures) from getting out, not from tom cruise-esque mission impossible children from getting in.

Have you ever watched a 4 year old try to do anything? It takes a long time and is comedic. Their brains are essentially retarded.

I honestly don't believe that this tiny dumb child stealthed his way into the free-zone in under 10 seconds or anything. It would have taken him at least 10 minutes.

TEN ENTIRE MINUTES. YOU KNOW HOW DUMB CHILDREN ARE. I'M SURE YOU'VE WATCHED THEM TRY TO DO THINGS MANY TIMES. THEY CAN'T EVEN SNEAK A FUCKING COOKIE.
quoted again for non-readers

Old 06-05-2016, 05:59 PM   #57
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I dunno if I already posted the picture of the enclosure

I really don't know. I don't think the mother deserves the public backlash necessarily because her family's lives are basically ruined... but it's hard for me to understand how you could take your children to a place where humans look at dangerous, wild animals, and become distracted enough to allow one to climb through that barrier. I mean look at it, he didn't walk through it, he must have gotten down on the ground and crawled under it and then made it through several feet of bushes.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:05 PM   #58
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I mean look at it, he didn't walk through it, he must have gotten down on the ground and crawled under it and then made it through several feet of bushes.
Not to mention he was a child and children are super stupid, so it involves several minutes of basic problem solving at each step. This wasn't a pre-planned diamond heist.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:07 PM   #59
slunken
Virgo

Also to reiterate, zoo barricades are made to prevent animals from getting OUT, not dummies from getting IN

Old 06-05-2016, 06:27 PM   #60
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I get it I get it, the woman threw the kid in. or told him if he went in she'd give him all the cookies.

where's TOC when you need him