Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2019, 06:07 PM   #91
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
There is no explanation for anyone’s actions at this point, so I’m not going to argue over invented motivation created by viewers to explain nonsense. You’re adding explanation and rationality where there is none. Dany was told about the Iron Fleet, her dragons were wounded before by ballista fire, the fleet stopped her forces TWICE before this, and now suddenly she forgets even though IN THAT VERY EPISODE SHE WAS TOLD ABOUT THE FLEET. Bad writing is the explanation, period.

Again, I’m not going to lay it out if y’all refuse to open your eyes to the fact that the writing is off the rails. There are like 40 examples per episode of characters acting hyper-irrationally and things happening that break rules established earlier in the show’s universe. So it’s just too much bullshit for me to tackle. It took that guy 30 minutes to go through all the BS in one episode. I think that’s sufficient detail, and I’m not going to rehash it for you.
My point was in response to your assertion that they love killing brown people for no reason but you keep doin you man. Keep watching a show you can’t stand it seems
Like a healthy choice

Old 05-10-2019, 06:08 PM   #92
Eulogy
huh

You’re given a limited number of episodes to tie up a fuck ton of loose ends because your source material dried up. Of course it’s gonna be messy. It’s fine to complain but jfc if it’s bothering you this much just don’t watch it?

Old 05-10-2019, 06:13 PM   #93
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
you speak absolute truth itt

i just also get ppl not wanting to hear why their mcdonalds is fuckin trash cuz it tastes actually kind of alright
Game of thrones is not giving anyone heart disease. Not a great analogy.

Old 05-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #94
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
You’re given a limited number of episodes to tie up a fuck ton of loose ends because your source material dried up. Of course it’s gonna be messy. It’s fine to complain but jfc if it’s bothering you this much just don’t watch it?
So nobody who invests time into a thing has a right to voice complaints about a thing?

Old 05-10-2019, 06:49 PM   #95
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

I mean I know it's lame to admit you care about anything, but it sucks when you care about something and have a massive time and emotional investment in that thing, then it turns to shit out of either laziness or stupidity or greed. I don't know which of those it is, but this product turned to crap and it's screwing the viewers over. And if you don't complain about it then it'll just keep happening.

Old 05-10-2019, 11:00 PM   #96
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Angry

Quote:

oh, so why bother voicing an opinion about anything then?

we'd invested 7 years in this show, give or take. it seems to reach its end recklessly stomping every rule and plot we'd ever appreciated about GoT to begin with. it's infuriating to realize you had thrown so much time and heart down the toilet and invested yourself in a show like that when you see what it had become. so yeah we're gonna fucken criticize it and shit all over it and you guys are gonna fucken like it

capisch?

Old 05-10-2019, 11:01 PM   #97
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Red face

Quote:
Game of thrones is not giving anyone heart disease. Not a great analogy.
if ur heart didn't palpate through Red Wedding ur a monster

Old 05-10-2019, 11:15 PM   #98
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post

we'd invested 7 years in this show

Old 05-11-2019, 02:31 AM   #99
yo soy el mejor

games of thrones fans sure do love games of thrones

Old 05-11-2019, 05:44 AM   #100
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
So nobody who invests time into a thing has a right to voice complaints about a thing?
I literally said it’s fine to complain *two posts* above yours. But if it is bringing you more anger and sadness than happiness, just don’t watch

Old 05-11-2019, 05:48 AM   #101
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
I mean I know it's lame to admit you care about anything, but it sucks when you care about something and have a massive time and emotional investment in that thing, then it turns to shit out of either laziness or stupidity or greed. I don't know which of those it is, but this product turned to crap and it's screwing the viewers over. And if you don't complain about it then it'll just keep happening.
Also what does this mean? Shows end badly all the time. You shouldn’t watch them for the end. SFU was deeply affecting but corny as hell. I never even got to the wire. Did tony soprano die? Who the fuck knows. Only show that stuck the landing was breaking bad and then those guys turned around and made an arguably better show. They’re operating on a different level. Mad med ending kinda sucked.

Remember Seinfeld? Like come on guys. I never watched lost but this doesn’t seem to be on par with that disaster.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:31 AM   #102
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

It’s not really that the ending is or will be satisfying. I never said anything about that. Where did you get that? The problem is two seasons of atrocious writing. See above for examples.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:32 AM   #103
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
I literally said it’s fine to complain *two posts* above yours. But if it is bringing you more anger and sadness than happiness, just don’t watch
>it’s fine to complain
>stop watching if you’re going to complain

B-but I want to hate watch it now.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:49 AM   #104
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
>it’s fine to complain
>stop watching if you’re going to complain

B-but I want to hate watch it now.
If it doesn’t spark joy bro

Old 05-11-2019, 09:50 AM   #105
Eulogy
huh

And like I agree with a lot of what you’re saying but I’m just enjoying the ride man. I don’t want to be in a lit class with it

Old 05-13-2019, 09:59 AM   #106
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

didn't bother with the details, was thoroughly and fully entertained

i don't even care it was cheesefest it was great

A+ production values and decent acting mostly

Old 05-13-2019, 05:55 PM   #107
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

I enjoyed it for what it is. Why the fuck Jamie had to fight Euron, idk. Dude is straight out of Manchester in the mid-80's.

Also why are the scorpion things suddenly missing now. So In episode 4 the one dragon got nailed like 3 times by the scorpions. In this one everyone forgot how to fuckin aim and Dany destroys them all. Which is what should have happened in the first place. Which says to me that HBO didn't want to animate a second dragon. What do dragons cost anyway like ten million bucks per hour?

The Clegane/Arya ending was beautiful and poetic. Absolutely no complaints.

The one thing I do not understand is why Dany decided to set 30,000 civillians on fire instead of going straight for the Red Keep. Makes zero sense. Like, burn them after if you want.

Oh and Varys did NOT deserve that. Not the being burned alive, he deserved that for being a traitor. He did not deserve being turned into a moron by the writers. Just like Little Finger. And Tyrion. Sigh...

It's a shame, with like 4-7 more episodes, these last two seasons could have been up there with the best of the best

Old 05-13-2019, 06:14 PM   #108
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

it was fucking brutal

Old 05-13-2019, 06:18 PM   #109
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Also what does this mean? Shows end badly all the time. You shouldn’t watch them for the end. SFU was deeply affecting but corny as hell. I never even got to the wire. Did tony soprano die? Who the fuck knows. Only show that stuck the landing was breaking bad and then those guys turned around and made an arguably better show. They’re operating on a different level. Mad med ending kinda sucked.

Remember Seinfeld? Like come on guys. I never watched lost but this doesn’t seem to be on par with that disaster.
I used to think the 5th season of Breaking Bad was rushed, but not anymore... it was a safe ending, but it's aged well and was satisfying. I do think Sopranos has a better ending from an artistic standpoint but have yet to find anyone who found it satisfying.

But yeah, good perspective on endings

Old 05-13-2019, 06:52 PM   #110
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

No clue why Euron had to pop out at the perfect moment just to eat up some screen time. Pointless but they needed to wrap up a loose end poorly.

And suddenly the ballista army was useless against Drogo who easily made short work of all defenses. Hmm.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:27 PM   #111
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
No clue why Euron had to pop out at the perfect moment just to eat up some screen time. Pointless but they needed to wrap up a loose end poorly.

And suddenly the ballista army was useless against Drogo who easily made short work of all defenses. Hmm.
i had the same issue with that dragon suddenly surviving all the anti-dragon weaponry whereas the previous one immediately was shot and died. wtf.

also, the way Dany suddenly turned fully evil, switching in seemingly no time from this enlightened queen-to-be to everything she never wanted to be the past 8 seasons and committing genocide for no reason is just not completely explained to me. apparently, Targaryens have a short fuse, when push comes to shove, but how or why she went fully psycho is not clear to me.

i had no problems with euron popping up in that scene whatsoever.

and I even felt sorry for Cersei.

apart from the criticism above, fucking amazing episode.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:19 PM   #112
Eulogy
huh

https://www.salon.com/2019/05/13/gam...y-much-earned/

Seems right I think?

Old 05-13-2019, 08:25 PM   #113
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Yeah her changeover to hysterical-woman-trope was a little too crudely shipped for me to buy it. I don't think her slow descent into madness would result in the massacre of innocent non-belligerents in a city. In the past she would destroy those who defied her, but the innocent people in houses posed no thread to her, and would gladly fall in behind her if given the chance... which she should know about because she ruled a citystate before. Just seemed too abrupt or like too great of a gulf between her actions in the past and her actions in this episode.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:25 PM   #114
Eulogy
huh

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ame-of-thrones

Old 05-13-2019, 08:31 PM   #115
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
it definitely makes some good points! and clears stuff up somewhat. but this:

"The burning of King's Landing, then, is no different than the burning of Mirri in the first season."

is bullshit. killing a woman who took her husband and child's life is vastly different from committing genocide and killing a shit ton of completely innocent people.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:01 PM   #116
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
I used to think the 5th season of Breaking Bad was rushed, but not anymore... it was a safe ending, but it's aged well and was satisfying. I do think Sopranos has a better ending from an artistic standpoint but have yet to find anyone who found it satisfying.
i find it outrageously satisfying that a writer like david chase got to pursue his vision fully and without compromise on a show this mythical and popular. plus, he's the type of dude who gets a kick out of pissing off the TV network guys, so it adds an extra dimension of zing to it. it works on multiple levels.

for me as a viewer many years after the fact, that ending felt perfect. it just felt right. and even though you have an idea how things could evolve from that moment on for the characters, whatever happens is still kind of equally sad, really. there is no better way to end that relationship with that show.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:14 PM   #117
FoolofaTook

I listened to Shelter today.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:15 PM   #118
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
it definitely makes some good points! and clears stuff up somewhat. but this:

"The burning of King's Landing, then, is no different than the burning of Mirri in the first season."

is bullshit. killing a woman who took her husband and child's life is vastly different from committing genocide and killing a shit ton of completely innocent people.

this episode was about creating maximum impact, and it was a totally exhilirating watch in that respect.

but the moment you pry this episode or raise question about any plot hole, the whole narrative falls apart. the writing is Weak this season. that's a capital W. that's right. oh yes i went there. i'm sorry you had to see that. like really, surprisingly weak. it's like they're not even bothering anymore. feels like they checked out mentally long ago and just want to get this show over with

Old 05-13-2019, 10:18 PM   #119
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

the sopranos has an excellent ending, though i didn't watch it contemporaneously and i know it was very controversial at the time. i think the BB ending is overrated. the whole machine gun trunk think was too convenient. as far as i'm concerned the only shows with very good endings have been the sopranos and six feet under.

ending of the wire is alright if you make pretend the last season didn't happen.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:20 PM   #120
redbreegull

may I suggest Twin Peaks?