Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2018, 01:59 PM   #1
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Default They caught the East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker/Golden State Killer

Dude committed about 100 "hot" burglaries (where people were always home), 50 rapes, and 12 murders mostly in the mid-late 70s, with one after a long break in 1986. Apparently, his previous murder in 1981 was months before his first daughter was born and the one in 1986 was right before his second daughter was born.

He also confessed to being the Visalia Ransacker, who committed about 100 hot burglaries/voyeuristic sex crimes in 1974 and 1975, ending with one murder after a botched kidnapping almost got him caught. Apparently after this he escalated his crimes after moving out of the Visalia, CA area. There was much debate in the reddit community on if he was the VR, it turns out he was.

He then starting kidnapping (in their own homes) mostly couples and some single women, where he'd tie them up, eat their food, take trivial token items (and more rarely, valuables), and stack dishes on the men and threaten if he heard them fall he'd kill the wife. He would rape the women and sometimes teenagers, and sometimes cry afterwards. And other idiosyncratic things. He also would call victims years after crimes, one suspected as late as 2001.

This is big time, I never thought this dude would be caught. Rumor is that he got caught in some kind of DNA sweep thanks to a relative. There's a press conference in a bit that will likely say more. This guy would tell police he was going to break in on a certain street at a certain time and he'd still get away with shit. He had a couple of oh shit moments but very few that we know of, considering how many crimes he committed. Turns out the guy was a cop until late 1979! He got caught shoplifting dog repellent and was terminated from the force. The dog repellent might answer why no dogs seemed to make noise when he entered houses and sometimes people would say he smelled like chemicals.

https://www.insideedition.com/golden...e-report-42784

Last edited by reprise85 : 04-25-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Old 04-25-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
myosis
Minion of Satan

watched Man Bites Dog this weekend and wondered how one can get away with so much without being caught.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:19 PM   #3
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
watched Man Bites Dog this weekend
the belgian film?

Old 04-25-2018, 03:22 PM   #4
myosis
Minion of Satan

c'est arrivé prčs de chez vous

Old 04-25-2018, 03:23 PM   #5
Cool As Ice Cream

en effet

Old 04-25-2018, 04:14 PM   #6
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

California serial killer: DNA ties ex-officer to cold case
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43899483

Old 04-25-2018, 07:28 PM   #7
yo soy el mejor

whaaat? bill kurtis will be thrilled. this is pretty wild considering it's been a long-standing mystery. it won't feel as satisfying to bring that guy to justice, i'm sure.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:47 PM   #8
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i could count on no one else to bring in the serial killer news

Old 04-25-2018, 07:55 PM   #9
yo soy el mejor

trying to find out more, i stumbled across https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...keith-maggiore ...3 people have already mentioned the arrest

Old 04-25-2018, 09:13 PM   #10
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

yes it looks like he is being charged specifically with their murders with more to come

this guy on reddit called nerdfather did a 7 or 8 part weekly special post on all of the crimes of the east area rapist/original night stalker, starting with the assertion that he was the visalia ransacker (which we now know is true). so i was pretty up to date on this dude and the general consensus was that he was probably dead due to his criminal lifestyle, either a murder victim himself or killed in self defense. mostly because of how he appears to have just stopped completely after 1986, which is not usually what serial killers do. but some have waited extended periods of time, for example BTK had an 8 year gap.

this guy was extremely idiosyncratic about how he ransacked and raped, and eventually killed. in fact, he basically repeated the same rape over and over again with regards to his MO before he started killing people, where he dealt with more resistance from people fighting for their lives. said the same things over and over, had the victim do the same thing, incapacitate the male victim the same way, use cut strips of cloths that he already had hidden at the crime scene. in one case he even broke in to a house while no one was home and took the bullets out of a gun, putting the empty gun back where he found it, hiding strips of cloth under furniture and returning later that night or the next night

he's one of the most prolific violent criminals in modern history

Last edited by reprise85 : 04-25-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:30 PM   #11
fuzzyroes
Banned

Why are you so into this weird kind of stuff?

Old 04-25-2018, 09:37 PM   #12
buzzard
Minion of Satan

You really think that some of the most extreme behaviors exhibited by our species is less reasonable a subject of interest than the biography of Cyndi Lauper?

Old 04-25-2018, 09:38 PM   #13
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

https://images1.ynet.co.il/PicServer...09801219no.jpg

jesus christ that face

Old 04-25-2018, 09:39 PM   #14
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Is that a yarmulke?

Old 04-25-2018, 09:40 PM   #15
fuzzyroes
Banned

When you and other people discuss these crimes online with such amazement and wonderment, it glorifies the waste of life who committed these crimes against humanity.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:40 PM   #16
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

it really can be anybody, always

this is terrifying stuff

Old 04-25-2018, 09:41 PM   #17
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Is that a yarmulke?
KIPPAH

Old 04-25-2018, 09:44 PM   #18
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Why are you so into this weird kind of stuff?
Probably because of the violence I experienced in my life

Quote:
When you and other people discuss these crimes online with such amazement and wonderment, it glorifies the waste of life who committed these crimes against humanity.
No, I'm not amazed at what he did. He's scum. I'm amazed he never got caught and he was able to operate so freely, and it's just unfathomable that he'd get away with it all but it really seemed like he would. The only reason this dude got caught is because it's been kept alive in the media this whole time, especially lately, with renewed interest because of advances in DNA technology and published books. Because he's been on the FBI most wanted list for a long time. It's not glorifying him or his crimes. It's trying to understand the enormity of it because it's real and important and these people were victimized and to stop it from happening again.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:46 PM   #19
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Is that a yarmulke?
dunno what the fuck that is

anyway he looks just like every other plump old white man

Old 04-25-2018, 09:50 PM   #20
fuzzyroes
Banned

Fair enough. There definitely had to have been gross negligence by police for this guy to get away with it. I don't think that makes him some sort of mastermind though.

I don't know if you've heard of Willy Pickton, but he's one of the most successful documented serial killers in history and he lived about 20 minutes away from me. The cops just botched the whole thing from the start. It turned out there was endless people that complained to the cops about the guy and even so much as accused him of murder and the cops did nothing. I believe some woman escaped and then they finally dug around on his property and they found all the bones and shit.

Absolutely chilling.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:52 PM   #21
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I don't know if you've heard of Willy Pickton, but he's one of the most successful documented serial killers in history and he lived about 20 minutes away from me. The cops just botched the whole thing from the start. It turned out there was endless people that complained to the cops about the guy and even so much as accused him of murder and the cops did nothing. I believe some woman escaped and then they finally dug around on his property and they found all the bones and shit.

Absolutely chilling.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:56 PM   #22
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I always wonder about that. Because everyone calls it a yarmulke but the Jewish community preschool my elder son went to, called it a kippah. He only had to wear it on Friday though.

Is it, though?

Old 04-25-2018, 09:57 PM   #23
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
KIPPAH
Kibbeh?

Old 04-25-2018, 09:59 PM   #24
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Also...I mean wow. I hadn't heard of this guy, really.

Did he stop simply because he became too old and physically unable to continue?

Old 04-25-2018, 10:00 PM   #25
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

We don't know why. He appears to have stopped right after his first child was born, fwiw. Well, he stopped for several years, and then killed one more time in 1986 right before (or after?) his second child was born.

Perhaps there was another incarnation - now we know of three distinct "versions" of this guy: 1. the visalia ransacker 2. east area rapist 3. original night stalker/golden state killer. is there a 4??? they only knew 2 and 3 were connected because of a DNA match between crime scenes. now they know 1 2 and 3 are all the same person.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:06 PM   #26
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Fair enough. There definitely had to have been gross negligence by police for this guy to get away with it. I don't think that makes him some sort of mastermind though.
He definitely got lucky, but he was a cop. He probably engineered his career around being able to get away with all of it. Perhaps a big reason he stopped was fear he'd get caught now that he wasn't in LE.

But he was impulsive in some cases and did crazy shit like walk around neighborhoods without pants on. He definitely should have been caught and is probably not a mastermind but he was going in and out of people's houses like he fucking owned them night after night, year after year, without getting caught.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:09 PM   #27
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I'm not going into all the horrific details or partaking in discussion groups dedicated to the guy. There's a difference.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:11 PM   #28
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i didn't go into horrific detail, believe me

Old 04-25-2018, 10:12 PM   #29
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
But he was impulsive in some cases and did crazy shit like walk around neighborhoods without pants on. He definitely should have been caught and is probably not a mastermind but he was going in and out of people's houses like he fucking owned them night after night, year after year, without getting caught.
That's probably not even that hard of a thing to do. A lot of people don't even lock their doors, especially not if they're home. I mean it's deranged that he'd wanna do that, but there's a lot of fucked up people out there. Like there was some guy that got busted who'd go in hundreds of houses just to steal womens underwear.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:19 PM   #30
fuzzyroes
Banned

I don't understand how this guy was able to rape so many people without anyone being able to identify him after?