Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Pisces Iscariot 12" vinyl

I've got a 12" Pisces Vinyl I just won off EBAY and I am going to part with it because I also got 1 with the limited edition 7" vinyl, numbered 122, that I won off EBAY a couple days later. Hence, I've got 2 LP's.

Besides a bit of corner wear on the album cover/sleeve which is normal with such things, this vinyl is in perfect condition!! The actual vinyl is an amber/gold transparent or opaque material and Midas himself couldn't have imagined such a golden beauty! It has never been played and is in perfect condition.

I will take 55 dollars for it, plus shipping. There is a buy it now on EBAY for 98 dollars for the same LP. So, take care.

Bill

PS. I've gone Pumpkins vinyl crazy lately and I'm in the market for rarities.
I also might be willing to part with my 1 of 5000 (I think) Today 7" red vinyl in perfect condition also. It is unsealed but essentially untouched and pristine.

These vinyls are something to behold.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:18 PM   #2
thbifeb
Pledge

What in particular are you looking to buy with regard to SP vinyl? I may be interested in selling some of my SP vinyl.

Brian

Old 01-22-2006, 10:24 PM   #3
lucid_interval
Apocalyptic Poster

i've got number 2 of this, no shit lol

Old 01-23-2006, 12:17 AM   #4
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

# 2 of the Today?? that's sweet , if that's what you're talking about, man these Pumpkins vinyls kick a whole lot of ass.

I really think the Pumpkins are one of the greatest bands of all time and I can never find the correct words to describe Corgan's genius

These vinyls make them even cooler,

Old 01-23-2006, 01:52 AM   #5
snoopy
Pledge

at least vinyl should last longer than a CD's lifes span and larger artwork too

Old 01-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #6
Starchildren
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
at least vinyl should last longer than a CD's lifes span and larger artwork too
not if you keep playing it.

Old 01-23-2006, 12:36 PM   #7
lucid_interval
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsp77
# 2 of the Today?? that's sweet , if that's what you're talking about, man these Pumpkins vinyls kick a whole lot of ass.

I really think the Pumpkins are one of the greatest bands of all time and I can never find the correct words to describe Corgan's genius

These vinyls make them even cooler,
sorry i meant #2/2000 of the pisces iscariot + 7" vinyl. i think i might frame some of them soon on felt or something i reckon they'd look pretty cool, especially any of the coloured vinyls

Old 01-23-2006, 01:21 PM   #8
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah, I just won number 122, which has a sentimental meaning to me. That 7" with the 12" is absolutely fantastic. People seem to be freaking out about that one on Ebay for some reason also. I am not exactly sure why. I've got one of the Rocket Box 7" peach vinyls, and there's only 1500 of those, and I saw one of those go for 100 dollars even the other day. Hell, that's a steal as far as I'm concerned! That peach vinyl is super smooth and the artwork in the Rocket is killer.

What I'm really looking for is someone who wants to sell some Test Presses. I'm chomping at the bit to get ahold of some of those. I'm guessing they're expensive though, I heard one went on Ebay fairly recently for over 500.

Later,,

In the Arms of Sleep

Bill

Old 01-23-2006, 01:25 PM   #9
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah, I just won number 122, which has a sentimental meaning to me. That 7" with the 12" is absolutely fantastic. People seem to be freaking out about that one on Ebay for some reason also. I just saw one go for 170! I am not exactly sure why. I've got one of the Rocket Box 7" peach vinyls, and there's only 1500 of those, and I saw one of those go for 100 dollars even the other day. Hell, that's a steal as far as I'm concerned! That peach vinyl is super smooth and the artwork in the Rocket is killer.

What I'm really looking for is someone who wants to sell some Test Presses. I'm chomping at the bit to get ahold of some of those. I'm guessing they're expensive though, I heard one went on Ebay fairly recently for over 500.

Later,,

In the Arms of Sleep

Bill

WW

Old 01-23-2006, 02:06 PM   #10
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
I will take 55 dollars for it, plus shipping. There is a buy it now on EBAY for 98 dollars for the same LP. So, take care.
$55 is way too much.

If you want to make crazy money, better take your vinyl to eBay. People pay a lot for it there. Usually around $30-$40, I believe. Which is still a bit too much in my opinion.

I don't know why people on eBay are bidding so high, but the Pisces Iscariot 12" is definitely not worth this much. The yellow/gold vinyl is just the standard US release, not some rare limited edition. I think it's a lot harder to find the black vinyl. And even that one isn't worth $55.

Just letting you know.

Old 01-23-2006, 03:15 PM   #11
dean moriaty
lion of saloons

check your PMs brian.

also i'm always in the market for rare pumpkins records, anybody wanting to sell anything should get in touch. it's unlikely i won't already have what you're selling but if i don't have it i'll buy it.

i already have all the stuff mentioned in this thread and yeah as bram said $55 is a bit too much. you best bet to get a good price is sell me something i don't have, your second best bet is ebay

Old 01-23-2006, 04:07 PM   #12
Nothing/everything
Minion of Satan

I looked on gemm.com.....

those prices are fucking insane. I can get the yellow one for 30$ on record fairs if i'm lucky. I spent 20 euros on my gold, and 30 on my black pisces. But that was 4 years back.

Old 01-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #13
Starchildren
Apocalyptic Poster

still trying to pass off my I Am One 7" to a nice home. signed during the resume the pose tour.

maybe you're interested? maybe not?

Old 01-23-2006, 04:44 PM   #14
dean moriaty
lion of saloons

i already have one , sorry

Old 01-24-2006, 12:28 AM   #15
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Yeah, OK

So anyways, if that's what they go for on Ebay, then that's what the market dictates, then that's what it's worth. I've been seeing those Pisces 12" vinyls go for 50 to 60 dollars for 2 months on Ebay, so if you only want to pay 30 for one you definitely won't be buying the one I just payed 50 for. And if you're not interested, I couldn't care any less. I'm not trying to sell to somebody who doesn't want it or thinks its overpriced in the first place, so take your officious condescension somewhere else.

In the arms of sleep,

Bill

Old 01-24-2006, 12:34 AM   #16
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Default I am one 7 "

Anyway, back to some positivity. The I am One 7" is one of the only ones left I don't have or that I'm still interested in and I'm not necessarily looking for a bargain either!! I prefer to respect the beauty and rarity of the Pumpkins vinyl and not sit around like a miser waiting for a super bargain to fall into my lap. I figure if I do that I might not ever get what I want. This doesn't mean I'm gonna allow myself to be railroaded either,,, lol

Thanks,

Bill

Old 01-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #17
Smashing Turnip
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster
im always looking for sp vinyl.
wants
siva 12"
zero test press
the more hard to find stuff.
I've got a light into dark test pressing (how many of those are there?) a 1979 remixes test pressing and an I am one 10" test pressing.

How relevant...

Old 01-24-2006, 11:27 AM   #18
jack_kerouac03
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchildren
still trying to pass off my I Am One 7" to a nice home. signed during the resume the pose tour.

maybe you're interested? maybe not?
what are you asking for?

what condition is the vinyl in?

Did the band just sign their names, or is it signed to you?

Old 01-24-2006, 02:07 PM   #19
dean moriaty
lion of saloons

i heard there are three LID test presses but i don't know how accurate that is. i have one too.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:41 PM   #20
DeadOpera
Minion of Satan

anyone want to sell me some vinyl?

Old 01-24-2006, 02:44 PM   #21
Cool As Ice Cream

Angry

Quote:
so take your officious condescension somewhere else.
you take yourself somewhere else, you!

you're probably faking "the market price" anyway, only mentioning the ones that actually got up to $50 or $60 and forgetting about all the other ones.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:40 PM   #22
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Nah

I'm not faking anything, foolish one. And anyway, I'm not talking trash on your thread anyway, you're bringing your noise to mine. So what am I supposed to do, leave my thread and go to someone elses? What gives you the right to call me a liar anyway? Apparantly you don't know me too well, I'm really a honest guy. Mind your own business.

B

Old 01-24-2006, 04:53 PM   #23
Cool As Ice Cream

I'm sorry, I didn't know about these my-thread-your-thread rules. Please accept my apologies.

And it still is a bit too expensive. The connaisseurs agree with me. If you want "market" prices, you should go to the market. That is all.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:54 PM   #24
Cool As Ice Cream

And you just paid $50 for the PI vinyl? Wow, you got ripped off.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:54 PM   #25
DeadOpera
Minion of Satan

i'll buy it for 15 bucks including shipping

Old 01-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #26
DeadOpera
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashing Turnip
I've got a light into dark test pressing (how many of those are there?) a 1979 remixes test pressing and an I am one 10" test pressing.

How relevant...
are you selling? im looking to buy

Old 01-24-2006, 05:04 PM   #27
Starchildren
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_kerouac03
what are you asking for?

what condition is the vinyl in?

Did the band just sign their names, or is it signed to you?
nope, just their signatures, not addressed to anyone. Billy, James, Jimmy, and Melissa, signed in March of 2000.

condition is fantastic, being kept in 2 layers of plastic in the last 7 years and only taken out when it got signed, and today when I took it out to scan the front and back cover and the vinyl itself.

once you see the scans, you can PM me an offer. I have had some other interest as well, but I will be fair and let everyone see the scans and then decide.

Phil

Old 01-24-2006, 05:08 PM   #28
Cool As Ice Cream

Was it ever played before you got it?

Old 01-24-2006, 05:10 PM   #29
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Default All I'm saying is....

If I'm trying to sell this vinyl for only what I payed for it and not turn a profit only because I've got 2, and you show up on my post and say its worth much less when I've consistently seen them go for around 50 dollars for 2 months on Ebay, then you make me seem like a scammer, liar and an idiot. On top of that, you decrease the value of what I'm trying to sell when the market, (and Ebay is a fair assessment of the market) dictates otherwise. Thanks a lot.

As for the 15 dollar offer, do you want me to knock it down to 10 and drive it to your house for ya? Should I also come in and put it on your record player for ya 2 and then vaccum your floor and cook dinner on top of that?

Nah, I think I'll just post it on Ebay and get my money back which is all I wanted in the first place. I just thought a Pumpkins fan would want it. My sincerest apologies to the vinyl market aristocracy.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:20 PM   #30
DeadOpera
Minion of Satan

i don't allow scammers, liars and idiots in my house...sorry