Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2007, 07:01 PM   #61
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiMercury
im not angry or disillusioned. i just wrote down what happened right after the show and i distinctly remember this. no one here should be shocked to know that billy took the liberty of doing a long ass prayer rant. and yeah, he did step into the crowd. i would like this story verified. perhaps whatcolor was in the nosebleeds. that was back when they thought they could still sell arenas.
I underlined the angry disillusioned part for you

Old 11-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #62
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: *whip* that's for stealing !! *whip* And that's for getting blood on my whip !!! || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

i was on the floor, maybe 20 people back max. are you entirely delusional? how old were you at the time? i was sober and 20 years old. no such thing happened.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:05 PM   #63
JessiMercury
Ownz

haha i knew that was coming. but anyway, i'm not trying to start a war on this. i remember being really bored during the prayer and rolled my eyes a little when he stepped into the crowd. i was surprised he did this, as a lot of people were touching him. whatcolor might not remember it, i know he was there at the show. i'm sure if he thinks about it he might remember, but that being my first SP experience ever, and me being so close to the stage, it definitely stood out in my mind.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:07 PM   #64
JessiMercury
Ownz

oh my god dude. why would i delude myself into being bored shitless by a long ass billy corgan rant and then make up in my mind that he stepped into the crowd and then write this down in my journal? it's not like it was a fantasy of mine to hear a faux-religious sermon from a man in a leather skirt. i'm sorry you have a bad memory.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:18 PM   #65
seign
Apocalyptic Poster

From spfc:

2000/04/28 - Patriot Center; Fairfax, VA, US

Review by Aaron

The show was great. Me and some of my friends got down to the Patriot Center at around 3 in the afternoon. At around 5pm, the band arrived on their 2 busses. There was a small group of people waiting next to the buses to watch the band came out. James and Mellisa stepped off and waved and James went back on. Billy got off and walked towards us eating a bowl of soup. He shook many hands and talked with us for like 20 mintues. It was amazing. It was very cool of him to do that. He was talking about where alternative and rock music is going, and that the popularity of rock goes in cycles, and right now its at a low point. He said that all the people listening to these gay boy bands like Backstreet Boys and people like Britney Spears will wake up one day and "realize their lisening to shit." One girl with butterfly wings on told Billy that she had missed her senior prom that night to come see them play. So billy said she could go to prom with him or something, and he picked her up and gave her a hug. After about 20 minutes he went inside.

The band came out on stage at about 8.15 and the crowd went crazy. I must note however that the songs they were playing before they came out were annoying as hell. The band launched into Essexes Rock on, followed by Everlasting Gaze. Then they started the new songs.

It was great to hear James do ''Blew Away." Half way through, the band went into an accoustic set which included disarm. An electric drum set was rolled out for Ava Adore and one or two other songs. Then about two-thirds of the way through the show something really funny happends.... up pops this giant inflatable 6 foot penis on the middle of the floor. it was hilarious. Billy noticed it and started laughing and walked over to James to point it out to him, who also started laughing.

Towards the end, I don't remember which song, but in the middle of it, Billy started screaming..."What the fuck is going on!!!!" (over and over) and "Wheres my fucking america!!!" and "I don't fucking care-ica!!!!!!" that was great.

In the first encore it was cool to see Jimmy Chamberlain play accoustic guitar on 1979. I had no idea he played guitar.

On the second encore they played ''with every light'' and ended with ''drown'' which is an amazing song. Before finally leaving Billy walked along the edge of the stage, nearly on the floor shaking peoples hand and saying good bye.

The show kicked some major ass and the pumpkins, like always rocked. and one last thing, Billy if u'r reading this, i want to be one of your roadies.

Nothing about any 15 minute prayers. There are two other reviews there too. Again, nothing about praying.

http://www.spfc.org/online/fan-reviews.html?tour_id=766

Old 11-30-2007, 07:20 PM   #66
seign
Apocalyptic Poster

Maybe you got some of your facts mixed up. Are you sure the "prayer" wasn't the Once in a Lifetime rant? And Billy walking into the crowd after the last encore, not after the rant?

Old 11-30-2007, 07:20 PM   #67
JessiMercury
Ownz

The show started with a monologue/prayer set to music.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:27 PM   #68
wHATcOLOR

Location: *whip* that's for stealing !! *whip* And that's for getting blood on my whip !!! || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

wtf. how old were you at the time?

Old 11-30-2007, 07:28 PM   #69
wHATcOLOR

according to your profile, 14 years old. oooook. bill did not walk through the crowd, and there was no 15 minute prayer. i think you may have a very active imagination

Old 11-30-2007, 07:29 PM   #70
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

man, he played Blissed & Gone at that show. i never knew about that, pretty sweet.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:34 PM   #71
sans anatomy
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissedandGone2
oh god theres a horrible note in there at the end
holy Mary, mother of GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

'mother of god' is right, can someone please explain the context of this weirdness

Old 11-30-2007, 09:52 PM   #72
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster

Being that I'm a practicing Catholic, I LOVE Billy's religious shit. I lol at all you who take offense to it and say he has to stop. The man can do what he pleases. The last thing I would do would be to tell someone who is obviously in touch with God to discontinue his relationship with Him.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:31 PM   #73
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel Logic
Being that I'm a practicing Catholic, I LOVE Billy's religious shit. I lol at all you who take offense to it and say he has to stop. The man can do what he pleases. The last thing I would do would be to tell someone who is obviously in touch with God to discontinue his relationship with Him.
I LOL AT YOUR GOD

Old 11-30-2007, 11:36 PM   #74
Banana
Banned

Corgan has become a joke

Old 11-30-2007, 11:49 PM   #75
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana03
Corgan has become a joke

already with the avatar? sheesh that was fast

Old 12-01-2007, 12:37 AM   #76
asdf
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana03
Corgan has become a joke

jennifer tilly is way hot

Old 12-01-2007, 12:56 AM   #77
redbreegull
Immortal

I don't think Billy was ever as into Jesus as people think. He obviously isn't that big a fan of organized Christianity since he has mentioned completely walking away from catholicism. The man believes in God, but I think his Jesus affinity is more of an intrigue on a spiritual level than a literal obsession for him. He made a comment once within the last few years that he wouldn't even consider himself a Christian anymore. He just likes to ******* all sorts of spiritual stuff in his work. I don't really see how it is any more now than when he was wearing crosses around his neck in the pre-Gish days and singing "Jesus loves his babies".

Old 12-01-2007, 01:21 AM   #78
talk show host
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: I thought using a condom was assumed but like, even if you didn't use one how would putting a vegetable in your pussy cause some sort of infection? Like, you can fucking EAT IT, but you can't put it in your fucking vagina and move it around a little

why the fuck does Billy have to be such a pussy? I don't give a fuck if he has faith but does he have to flash it around so badly?

where are the vids of 'Billy Corgan does drugs, get's a blowjob from some hot un-emo groupie who doesn't also like MCR and then writes a good song for the first time in 12 years'

Old 05-14-2008, 09:10 PM   #79
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

the topic of this thread is so gay i thought i'd bump it and gay things up a bit

Old 05-14-2008, 10:02 PM   #80
skipgo
Minion of Satan

thanks for the gay, ravenguy. you always bring the gay, dontcha?

Old 05-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #81
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

This must've marked when JessiMercury left netphoria for good, too embarrassed to go on after inadvertently sharing with the board her secret desire for Corgan to part his fans like the red sea and lead everyone in prayer.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:01 AM   #82
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipgo View Post
thanks for the gay, ravenguy. you always bring the gay, dontcha?
i just bask in the glory that is billy corgan's faggotry, can't really hold a candle to that

Old 05-15-2008, 08:12 AM   #83
mayday
Apocalyptic Poster

I think it's just beautiful