ZG
OC
M2
M1
Adore

Old 09-18-2016, 03:22 AM   #932
trevorbrooks
Demi-God

would also like to hop aboard the Dorian love train (do wish the lyrics could've been a little less repetitive)

Old 09-18-2016, 03:57 AM   #933
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

i was at the webster hall monuments show. they closed with Burnt Orange-Black and it was fucking great. i mean it's totally a Porcelina rewrite, but the version from that show bangs. the nyc taper got it i'm pretty sure...

Old 09-18-2016, 04:45 AM   #934
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Monuments is better than Zeitgeist and Oceania. It has memorable hooks and half-way decent production. The vocals are better than Z&O but still not great - Billy still makes race car noises out of his vowels.
Even then it manages to outstay it's welcome with tracks Run2Me and Monuments.

Zeitgiest 3/10
Oceania 5/10
Monuments 6/10

Old 09-18-2016, 08:51 AM   #935
Ram27
dumb

monuments is pathetic just for the 9x 3 minute """single""" pop """hit""" thing he was going for

ZG has jimmy. Oc is good because you can tell there was an actual band involved in it

Old 09-18-2016, 10:14 AM   #936
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Tiberius sounds nothing like Weezer. I think MTaE holds up fine. It's a short album and the songs are stripped down and to the point but it's not "OMGZORZ FUCK BILLY HE SUCKS WHAT THE FUCK SHIT PISS COCK BALLS TITS" bad like you fuckin drama queens make it out to be.
Troll harder, Bro.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #937
Brisk
Ownz

Hey what happened to those 2 albums Billy said he would release...one was like Day and the other was Night theme or something and the latter was meant to be darker and heavier? Day for Night obvioulsy is the 1st one but the 2nd?

Old 09-19-2016, 01:43 PM   #938
glass85
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk View Post
Hey what happened to those 2 albums Billy said he would release...one was like Day and the other was Night theme or something and the latter was meant to be darker and heavier? Day for Night obvioulsy is the 1st one but the 2nd?
Are you kidding?

Old 09-19-2016, 02:07 PM   #939
trevorbrooks
Demi-God

if he isn't kidding, MTAE and D4N were the two albums, D4N was the second, darker one

Old 09-19-2016, 03:02 PM   #940
glass85
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorbrooks View Post
if he isn't kidding, MTAE and D4N were the two albums, D4N was the second, darker one
This is what I knew.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:53 PM   #941
fuzzyroes
Banned

Monuments isn't too bad. Yeah, it's entirely forgettable but at least it has a couple of pretty good songs. I'd say it's his best work since Zeitgeist... Which of course isn't saying much for most people.

One and All's still dope. Could have been top notch if there was a little more love put into it, such as a little more creative lead guitar added. The outro guitar part kicks ass though.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:36 PM   #942
Ram27
dumb

there's an outro? i thought all the monuments songs were like the same riff for 3 minutes

Old 09-20-2016, 07:45 AM   #943
sjpaterra
Ownz

I like how this band went from a legitimate force in rock to a band that makes forgettable albums with forgettable songs and a couple of "good" ones. Why the fuck does anyone even care anymore? I'm struggling to figure out why the fuck I want an announcement about a forthcoming announcement, maybe because it's been a long strange trip with this band but COME ON tommy lee on drums? This whole album was fuxking stupid. Even the title sucks. And the artwork. ESPECIALLY THE MUSIC. THere are no redeemable qualities. "Oh but I like that piece of shit repetitive song because it's meditative" or whatever the fuck the 16 year olds are talking about. Give me a break. This band had one fucking chance to come back and make it count and they fucking blew harder than Billy's Gay baby son, his gayby

Old 09-20-2016, 08:59 AM   #944
bright_doom
Apocalyptic Poster

So I just wrote up this long post trying to "defend" Teargarden (or at least how there was a bit more authenticity compared to Monuments), but due to how much netphoria hates Mobiles, it was all lost.. But here are the worst SP lyrics for your enjoyment anyway,

The world's on fire (Until I'm ready on Monday)
The world's on fire (Until I'm ready on Tuesday)
The world's on fire (Until I'm ready on Wednesday)
The world's on fire (Until I'm ready on Thursday)
The world's on fire (Until I'm ready on Friday)
The world's on fire (Until I'm ready on Saturday)
The world's on fire (Until I'm ready on Sunday)

Old 09-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #945
bright_doom
Apocalyptic Poster

Any posts I write in the future will be written + saved in drafts. Not that I think I have anything important/interesting to say.. Sorry, I swear I'm not the next Drooliana..

Last edited by bright_doom : 09-20-2016 at 09:19 AM.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:54 AM   #946
run2pee
Minion of Satan

A shame. I too have lost many groundbreaking posts owing to my dumbass phone refreshing netpho for no apparent reason

I too enjoy Teagarden more than Monuments, probably. Not that I listen to either with any regularity. But Tom Tom, Song for a Song, Spangled, and a couple others were pretty decent, and helped cleanse the sonic palate after the abortion of zeitgeist. Basically it's the first time post-Z that the ethereal, pretty side of SP seemed present to me

But I wasn't even listening at the time, after reading the Rolling Stone wherein bill trashed jim. After that was like, "yep, fuck that bald asshole, I'm done" for like 5 years or so before I checked back in

Old 09-20-2016, 10:31 AM   #947
bright_doom
Apocalyptic Poster

One of the things I brought up was this review of A Song For A Son. Now I know the whole "Teargarden tracks were judged too harshly because they were released individually" angle, and granted, there were some pretty bad songs released in the Teargarden era, however, I think that A Song For A Son was a pretty solid/experimental track, and reviews like this just judged and crucified a single song as if it were an entire album.
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/...ong-for-a-son/

Late 2009 Early 2010 Teargardarden came from an authentic place, it wasn't until Bill wasn't satisfied that Freak or Owata weren't a hit that things took a turn for the worse...

Oceania wasn't as cringey as Teargarden, but BC played it a bit too safe with that album. But Monuments... Lord have mercy, until I'm ready on Wednesday..

Old 09-20-2016, 11:07 AM   #948
Brisk
Ownz

Where is Day by Night?! He said early 2016??

ALso what was the name of that heavy and big riff song that was only played live maybe once or a few times, black burn doomsday or something I can't remember??

Old 09-20-2016, 12:37 PM   #949
trevorbrooks
Demi-God

It's not happening. He's recorded a solo album produced by Rick Rubin and is starting a new band and there is more news to be announced regarding the Pumpkins. The song you refer to is Burnt Orange Black (I think).

Old 09-20-2016, 01:16 PM   #950
glass85
Demi-God

He also announced the acronym of the name of the new SP album in substitution of Day for night and it was SFTMITHOTS ...

Old 09-20-2016, 02:20 PM   #951
Brisk
Ownz

Quote:
It's not happening. He's recorded a solo album produced by Rick Rubin and is starting a new band and there is more news to be announced regarding the Pumpkins. The song you refer to is Burnt Orange Black (I think).
cheers bro, I swear there was a much heavier rocking song only played live hmm

Last edited by Brisk : 09-20-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Old 09-20-2016, 02:50 PM   #952
trevorbrooks
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass85 View Post
He also announced the acronym of the name of the new SP album in substitution of Day for night and it was SFTMITHOTS ...
fuck i forgot about this

Old 09-20-2016, 05:21 PM   #953
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
cheers bro, I swear there was a much heavier rocking song only played live hmm
as rome burns?

Old 09-22-2016, 01:10 PM   #954
Brisk
Ownz

Quote:
fuck i forgot about this
Ye this!! I listened again and it's not that amazing but solo + angry corgan + big riffs like old tsp = great

Old 09-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #955
trevorbrooks
Demi-God

Quote:
Ye this!! I listened again and it's not that amazing but solo + angry corgan + big riffs like old tsp = great
no i forgot about the initials of a new title after D4N

Old 09-22-2016, 06:38 PM   #956
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade View Post
..and so it was on this Thursday morning of January 1st @ 9:02am- as Rider sipped his ZuZu's tea and refreshed Netphoria searching for a purpose, he instead predicted the future while we ignored his cries and continued to discuss an album with cringe-inducing song titles that would never happen..shame on us for not respecting our elders!

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/68025509.jpg

Haha I was thinking about digging back and finding that one.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:58 PM   #957
trevorbrooks
Demi-God

The thing about the song titles tho, if I remember correctly, is that in the demo stage Monuments' were pretty cringe-inducing as well and when the final versions were released they were slightly-less-cringe-inducing, plus Run2me (solely because of its spelling) & Being Beige.

Last edited by trevorbrooks : 09-22-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:09 PM   #958
bright_doom
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
The thing about the song titles tho, if I remember correctly, is that in the demo stage Monuments' were pretty cringe-inducing as well and when the final versions were released they were slightly-less-cringe-inducing, plus Run2me.
Possibly, But wasn't D4N far past the demo stage when the song titles were announced? If I remember correctly he announced a song title one by one on twitter once the song was completed.