Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2018, 10:22 PM   #241
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I believe this is Billys mindset, but I think he's wrong in assuming it'll work for him too. Slash is a rock and roll icon. He's essentially the face of Guns N Roses. You could have had that reunion without Duff and it would have sold like gangbusters. With the Pumpkins, Iha's nice. But it doesn't hold the same cache unless you have D'arcy there too. D'arcy was a very integral part of the bands image.

If Billy could have just worked it out the reunion would have created a downright frenzy. Media attention would have been huge and the hype would be unstoppable. Now you have this glaring asterisk added to things... Every piece in the media is gonna start off with "the almost reunion- D'arcy Wretzky is not appearing, blah blah blah"

I really think he should have tried to work something out... Maybe similar to what the Beach Boys did in the 70's... Have Brian Wilson back, but in a roll that he's comfortable with. If Billy had any brains, he'd have D'arcy appear as a special guest each show... Partway through the set announce that they're gonna be playing a chunk from Siamese Dream and that they have a special guest to join them... D'arcy walks out and the arena busts into pandemonium. D'arcy could work out a statement beforehand saying "I haven't been into music for so long, playing a 2 and half hour set with a revolving set list each night just seemed like too daunting of a task for me, but an invite to play 5 or 6 of the classics each night was too good of an offer to refuse" It would be a win win situation for everyone. You can sell it as a reunion, D'arcy gets vindicated and is embraced by the fans once again and you literally have no risk for the band... Surely she could manage to play the same 5 songs each night.
nice fantasy. or they could have her play bass but let her play simplified parts if she needs to, and pad the bass parts with a third guitarist (jeff)

see, i can wildly speculate as well!

Old 01-23-2018, 10:23 PM   #242
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
She announced that it was gonna be Iha/JC and Billy and that the tour was in the summer... That's spilling confidential information. It would probably be a flimsy case against her, but we all know how Billy rolls with his legal threats.
"confidential information" lol, this isn't top secret government information. no one has the de facto right over information

Old 01-23-2018, 10:25 PM   #243
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
hatephoria is a much healthier place. here we can hate, and bitch, and makeup speculations and truly appreciate the garbage the billy corgan has become.

Billy corgan, you and your son are no better than toilet paper. I wipe my ass with your bald heads.
lmfao

Old 01-23-2018, 10:28 PM   #244
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
"confidential information" lol, this isn't top secret government information. no one has the de facto right over information
Well there's often confidentiality agreements that are involved with big deals like this, thus making the information confidential. Look I think any legal action against her would be flimsy, but it's easy to understand why she would have backtracked after seemingly being bombarded by B0lly's legal threats.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:29 PM   #245
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
nice fantasy. or they could have her play bass but let her play simplified parts if she needs to, and pad the bass parts with a third guitarist (jeff)

see, i can wildly speculate as well!
Wildly speculate? D'arcy came out and spilled the beans. I'm speculating about nothing. I'm simply offering an alternative option since B0lly obviously didn't think D'arcy would work out.

Jeeze, you're sounding like one of those "Sad Machine" members.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:35 PM   #246
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

all we know is what one person said to some 5th rate website

to create these overlong fantasies of what happened and if billy strung her along or not or if they tried to make it work and she can't even stand up straight, we have no idea. i honestly barely care at this point, never expected it to happen at all. but like this pretending we have all this information when it's really one tidbit of info passed around in an echo chamber

Old 01-23-2018, 10:37 PM   #247
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
fuzzy that's some magical thinking. why would d'arcy travel along for a world tour just to appear for a few songs. if it's not a world tour, why can't she just play the handful of shows.

fwiw I don't think it's a definite D'arcy is out yet. I know for a fact that when they were pitching the reunion last fall, it was for all four original members. If she doesn't appear, I imagine it'll be for reasons out of Billy's control: her health & her ability to play (& I don't mean by Billy's insane standards - I mean standard arena rock bass playing). We haven't heard from her in years, and when we have, it's been troubling. Rambling phone calls, arrested for letting her horses lose. Unrecognizable via plastic surgery.

I don't think Billy is eager to shove D'arcy out of the picture. I actually think he'd put up with a fair amount more from her than most other people.
Dude, if she's gonna make a statement like that, she's definitely out.

She'd do the tour cause they'd pay her well to do it. And I'm not talking about just a few songs, have a segment during the set where she plays a half hour worth of the classics and send her off to mass applause. I can imagine that the boys might wanna do some more experimental stuff, and it could be hard for D'arcy.

The simple point I'm making is that it's bad buisness not to i nclude her in some way or another.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 01-23-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:46 PM   #248
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
all we know is what one person said to some 5th rate website

to create these overlong fantasies of what happened and if billy strung her along or not or if they tried to make it work and she can't even stand up straight, we have no idea. i honestly barely care at this point, never expected it to happen at all. but like this pretending we have all this information when it's really one tidbit of info passed around in an echo chamber
I agree with what you're saying. Which is why I'm proposing a low risk, high reward solution. You have her along for an abbreviated set and you keep her along on tour as a special guest and if she doesn't keep her shit together, then oh well.

To me it seems the concern is that she wouldn't be reliable as a full fledged member... With my proposition, it hits 2 birds with one stone.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:50 PM   #249
fuzzyroes
Banned

GNR was willing to do a similar thing with Adler, but then he started bitching about wanting to do more than 2 songs and they just said to hell with him. But apparently he was getting big money just to appear.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:54 PM   #250
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

fuzzy, you chickening out of the rap battle? didn't take you for a coward.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:56 PM   #251
Shallowed
Braindead

Eleven posts in quick succession, and not one of them in the rap battle thread

Old 01-23-2018, 11:55 PM   #252
DemonUnicorns
Ownz

Maybe bill0 said to dye her hair back to blonde

She said no way

Old 01-24-2018, 12:10 AM   #253
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Maybe she said that to him...

Old 01-24-2018, 12:24 AM   #254
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
I believe this is Billys mindset, but I think he's wrong in assuming it'll work for him too. Slash is a rock and roll icon. He's essentially the face of Guns N Roses. You could have had that reunion without Duff and it would have sold like gangbusters. With the Pumpkins, Iha's nice. But it doesn't hold the same cache unless you have D'arcy there too. D'arcy was a very integral part of the bands image.

If Billy could have just worked it out the reunion would have created a downright frenzy. Media attention would have been huge and the hype would be unstoppable. Now you have this glaring asterisk added to things... Every piece in the media is gonna start off with "the almost reunion- D'arcy Wretzky is not appearing, blah blah blah"

I really think he should have tried to work something out... Maybe similar to what the Beach Boys did in the 70's... Have Brian Wilson back, but in a roll that he's comfortable with. If Billy had any brains, he'd have D'arcy appear as a special guest each show... Partway through the set announce that they're gonna be playing a chunk from Siamese Dream and that they have a special guest to join them... D'arcy walks out and the arena busts into pandemonium. D'arcy could work out a statement beforehand saying "I haven't been into music for so long, playing a 2 and half hour set with a revolving set list each night just seemed like too daunting of a task for me, but an invite to play 5 or 6 of the classics each night was too good of an offer to refuse" It would be a win win situation for everyone. You can sell it as a reunion, D'arcy gets vindicated and is embraced by the fans once again and you literally have no risk for the band... Surely she could manage to play the same 5 songs each night.
Was just going to post this. All he had to do was get D'arcy on stage in some shape or way and people would be twice as excited.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:26 AM   #255
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah comes on to play 1979

Old 01-24-2018, 01:02 AM   #256
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

Maybe do something dynamic like have her play the timpani.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:22 AM   #257
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthurt View Post
Maybe do something dynamic like have her play the timpani.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:32 AM   #258
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

del

Old 01-24-2018, 03:16 AM   #259
jakobtheliar
Demi-God

Maybe you guys should stop "she" in reference to D'Arcy. A lot of your comments, though well-meaning, are insulting. You know what other musician hasn't played in the smashing pumpkins since 2000? James. Are you questioning his ability? And everyone here are some dimwits entire to sit here and just judge people's place in life or their mental health.
What fucking sound decision has Bollz made since....?
Stop judging her by how the truth came out.

Old 01-24-2018, 04:03 AM   #260
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobtheliar View Post
Maybe you guys should stop "she" in reference to D'Arcy. A lot of your comments, though well-meaning, are insulting. You know what other musician hasn't played in the smashing pumpkins since 2000? James. Are you questioning his ability?
James has been playing arenas in a lot bigger band (A Perfect Circle) than what BC/JC have had in years. Apart from that he has done production work, a solo album, remixes etc etc. If anything, he's the most accustomed to handling a big comeback tour out of any of them.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:59 AM   #261
majesty
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobtheliar View Post
Maybe you guys should stop "she" in reference to D'Arcy. A lot of your comments, though well-meaning, are insulting. You know what other musician hasn't played in the smashing pumpkins since 2000? James. Are you questioning his ability? And everyone here are some dimwits entire to sit here and just judge people's place in life or their mental health.
What fucking sound decision has Bollz made since....?
Stop judging her by how the truth came out.
ia, the sexism in some of the posts here is nagl

Old 01-24-2018, 08:53 AM   #262
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
kim deal
"Someone like"

Female bass player with great vocals was my point.

Old 01-24-2018, 09:09 AM   #263
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty View Post
ia, the sexism in some of the posts here is nagl
Snowflakes

Old 01-24-2018, 09:45 AM   #264
T&T
Socialphobic

wat sexism?

it's not because she's a she that she's a drug addict crazy plastic faced burn out that maybe can't play music anymore
it's cause d'arcy's a drug addict crazy plastic faced burn out that she can't play music anymore.

but they should still let her be in the band. rock bands need drug addict crazy plastic faced burn outs.
The Smashing Pumpkins needs drug addict crazy plastic faced burn outs now more than ever.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:28 AM   #265
fuzzyroes
Banned

No doubt. Instead we'll get some fresh-faced "eye-candy" to fill the D'arcy role. Chick bassist number 7 for B0lly... Total Spinal-Tap shite

Old 01-24-2018, 12:15 PM   #266
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Sad machines is literally the Scientology of SP fandom. They'll label you a suppressive person if you have any shred of an honest opinion about BC and will oust you. It's an entertaining train wreck until you tire of their relentless handjobbing of BC.
You're right, they do seem to jump on you if you have any less than perfect things to say or criticize about b0lly and company. I am in fact a member there and they do have great discussions. Yes, they are a bit much at times, but hey..its no different than here. I've grown to love you bunch of negative assholes. I like the constructive criticism and how nothing is sugar coated here. So there's that I guess.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:20 PM   #267
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Ok

Old 01-24-2018, 12:44 PM   #268
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Location: Where the willows weep and the whirpools sleep you'll find me.

Darcy isn't attractive anymore and if you're female and unattractive and talentless to boot, there's no place for you in rock 'n' roll. Unless you're Courtney Love. Sad but true.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:03 PM   #269
SPLATTER
Demi-God

Quote:
Wildly speculate? D'arcy came out and spilled the beans. I'm speculating about nothing. I'm simply offering an alternative option since B0lly obviously didn't think D'arcy would work out.

Jeeze, you're sounding like one of those "Sad Machine" members.
you wrote "seemingly bombarded by B0lly's legal threats" and then call someone out for wildly speculating.

you also say "B0lly obviously didn't think D'arcy would work out" when you have absolutely no clue as to what the real story is.

calm down. you're giving me flashbacks to the over-caring fans back in the 90s.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:01 PM   #270
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas78 View Post
You're right, they do seem to jump on you if you have any less than perfect things to say or criticize about b0lly and company. I am in fact a member there and they do have great discussions. Yes, they are a bit much at times, but hey..its no different than here. I've grown to love you bunch of negative assholes. I like the constructive criticism and how nothing is sugar coated here. So there's that I guess.
I’ve just discovered that they’ve banned me there. And I believe it has to do with me rating teargarden 0/10, and blocking a guy that harassed me over it.

Everyone else rated all of the records 10/10, lowest usually being 8/10. Beyond obnoxious.