Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
Kreatorkind
Demi-God

Default The O-Board is down...

How will I profess my undying love of teh b0lly now?

Old 09-12-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Maybe drop a handwritten love letter at Zuzu's?

I guess it wont last, but it would be nice if that site was gone for good. Damn ugly design.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
Kreatorkind
Demi-God

Haa! I'm sure it'll be read personally read by billy.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:26 AM   #4
Kreatorkind
Demi-God

Dammit Monte! Figure that shit out!

Old 09-13-2013, 06:53 AM   #5
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

does this mean sp3.0 are over?

Old 09-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #6
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
does this mean sp3.0 are over?
>>>
[The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah]

Old 09-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
Ram27
dumb

Huh. I wonder if they actually deleted the forums because it was 'pointless' or whatever

Old 09-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
Cool As Ice Cream

the whole sp.com website is down. so it's not necessarily forum related.

getting rid of that forum would be good though. on the other hand, it'll probably mean that this place will get a new wave of lunatics.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #9
Kreatorkind
Demi-God

Quote:
the whole sp.com website is down. so it's not necessarily forum related.

getting rid of that forum would be good though. on the other hand, it'll probably mean that this place will get a new wave of lunatics.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #10
opera de nuit
Demi-God

crimes on the dancefloor!

Old 09-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #11
slunken
Virgo

are there any fan-run message boards for bands that have existed longer than this place? surely there is a grateful dead one or something...

Old 09-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #12
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

how hard would it be to change out the TBK artwork on the OBoard?

Old 09-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #13
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
how hard would it be to change out the TBK artwork on the OBoard?
Simon, the admin on oboard told me they have tried to have that changed but with kerry brown and rynda gone management is not willing to do it themselves or allow them to do it.

How odd that Monte did not type a misspelled word about it, nor take any credit for it being back up.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #14
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

I do not know if it would be hard, but it would certainly require more effort than it'd be worth to please the one fan who gives a fuck (i.e. you).

Old 09-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #15
lavrentis
Oblivious Virgin

I used to run an ip.board like the o board and it's easy as fuck to update the skin.

Funny how a mod on this site though calls that site ugly when this is still a 90's monstrosity.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #16
lavrentis
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
...said the amish rake fighter from the o-board...pavement is a fine mod indeed, and if you knew anything about this place you would know we actually prefer the traditional design opposed to your pastel colors, unicorns, and overly sensitive SP ass kissers that run that shit hole.
I don't know why you think i'm some sort of ambassador for the o board. I actually prefer this one. I find the inter forum rivilary a little silly though.

Cheers for the welcome though

Old 09-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #17
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavrentis View Post
I don't know why you think i'm some sort of ambassador for the o board. I actually prefer this one. I find the inter forum rivilary a little silly though.

Cheers for the welcome though
don't mind his attempts to be a tough guy, he's deluded himself into thinking that the hate we give him is common to all new folk.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #18
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Who's Rynda and what does having this Rynda person and Kerry off board have to do with the theme of the message board. On another note, I think it's kind of funny. It stands as the last real shred of existence that Teargarden existed.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #19
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

@pave

Monte is the most predictable person ever.
Also, I wrote this to Billy on twitter at the 13th at 9am

"@billy sp.com is down. People are thinking it is a sign or should we blame monte IT?"

http://gyazo.com/f6c7ca417eb141284b7e0a9ae38c309c

For some reason when I use the image tags the image won't show up.

Last edited by juliana : 09-14-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #20
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
@pave

Monte is the most predictable person ever.
Also, I wrote this to Billy on twitter at the 13th at 9am

"@billy sp.com is down. People are thinking it is a sign or should we blame monte IT?"

http://gyazo.com/f6c7ca417eb141284b7e0a9ae38c309c

For some reason when I use the image tags the image won't show up.
Oh God...

Old 09-16-2013, 03:58 AM   #21
kelsome
Apocalyptic Poster

wait monte runs the show there?

Old 09-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #22
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsome View Post
wait monte runs the show there?
No... Monte gives a grand illusion of being so tightly knit to the band that people have started to believe he really is the fan rep. Then when he spouts his anti gay hate he isn't the fan rep according the band.

Moreover, unlike others Monte actually steps up to the plate and contacts Billy instead of waiting for Billy to come to them. Which I never understood.

Also, sadly many fans won't cut out monte till he is banished by Billy. I have been told directly by fans that if monte is good enough for corgan then he is good enough for them.

A lot of people think he is dumb but he isn't he is a lot smarter than people think and he is ruthless when it comes to keeping corgan in his life.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #23
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
No... Monte gives a grand illusion of being so tightly knit to the band that people have started to believe he really is the fan rep. Then when he spouts his anti gay hate he isn't the fan rep according the band.
Monte pretty much is the fan rep. The guy has first hand contact with Corgan and his management, gets first hand scoops and gets to interview Billy for his fan site regularly for hours asking Billy anything he likes.

Why should Billy care if Monte has some bat shit crazy beliefs? The guy works day in and day out to freely promote the band, and he runs the most up to date fansite for all the nerds who actually give a fuck about that shit to read. So why not throw the guy a bone and give him some exclusives to keep the fans up to date and engaged?

Frankly, I actually think its pretty cool that Billy does that... And it's not unusual. A lot of bands will throw the odd bone or 2, concert tickets, exclusives, giveaways to their most popular fansites. I know even Green Day does with GDA.com.

In this day and age you have to reach out with a more grass roots approach cause the record companies aint doing shit with promoting anything... And crazy fanatics like you are just jealous that Monte took the initiative and time to actually do this first.

( I know theres been several other fan sites, but Billy was always choked at em... So Monte obviously took the initiative and approached Corgan about his idea for his site... Billy was on board and Monte made it happen.)

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 09-16-2013 at 10:51 PM.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #24
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Also, sadly many fans won't cut out monte till he is banished by Billy. I have been told directly by fans that if monte is good enough for corgan then he is good enough for them.

A lot of people think he is dumb but he isn't he is a lot smarter than people think and he is ruthless when it comes to keeping corgan in his life.
Why in the world should Monte be "banished" by Billy anyways? It's not like Monte ever spouts his crazy beliefs on the website or anything... It's quite clear that you're just extremely jealous of Monte and his relationship with Corgan and the rest of his band.

Montes probably just being "ruthless" because you weridos keep on trying to sabotage his little friendly relationship that he has going on with Billy... Lets face it, the mormonism stuff is just a big excuse to try and stir shit because you're jealous of the guy.

Don't get me wrong, I've made fun of Monte in the past and I think Mormons (and christians for that matter) are outta there minds- But you've just been completely insane over the whole "Monte thing"

Old 09-17-2013, 02:51 AM   #25
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Lets face it, the mormonism stuff is just a big excuse to try and stir shit because you're jealous of the guy.
bullshit.

i think you're projecting here: you're the one who's actually jealous. this doesn't mean everyone else - or anyone who's got something against monty - is jealous too. let's face it.

and i never use the mormonism stuff against monty. it's not about that. it's a terrible argument anyway. the guy's horrible enough on his own. plenty of other stuff to pick on.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #26
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
bullshit.

i think you're projecting here: you're the one who's actually jealous. this doesn't mean everyone else - or anyone who's got something against monty - is jealous too. let's face it.

and i never use the mormonism stuff against monty. it's not about that. it's a terrible argument anyway. the guy's horrible enough on his own. plenty of other stuff to pick on.
Naw man... I realize that most people here have known Monte for ages and have good reason for disliking him... But Juliana keeps on going on about Montes relationship with Billy and is seemingly trying to sabotage it for no good reason. She was bringing up his beliefs in order to try and get the band to stop associating with him. She's trying to create a controversy where there isn't one.

She even thinks less of the band because of it... It's silly. I mean, who even cares? It's not like Billys making good music anymore anyways.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #27
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
Haha good stuff.. I don't usually agree with Cool, but why DO you care? To me, all these random instances of Corgan getting pissed off at fans on the stupid internet is his own fault.. There are just too many other rock stars out there who don't inject themselves into what people say about them on message boards..

The main reason it's so ridiculous is because a vast majority of these folks "offending" him don't even go to his shows or support the band whatsoever.. Billy chose to let Monte get that entrance for 'exclusive' bullshit for reasons unknown, but in Monte's defense it's not like there is some perfect SP fan out there who shares all the same religious or non-religious feelings about everything.. Billy claims he's all about peace, love, and unicorns now; being a "christian".. Christians are supposed to love everyone so maybe that's how he see's it??

In any case, I don't see why anybody gives 2 wet farts about hanging out with 2013 Billy anyway.. At some point in the next few years we will have all the reissues, archived stuff and hopefully the Chicago songs.. After that what else is there really to look forward to? A memoir of his life rambling on and on about failed relationships, and bridges he's burned with everyone through his career?? ZzZzzz......
I gotta be honest, I didn't read this.

Just gotta say, I think monte is funny. If monte was a created character on some TV show I think he would be a hit. All the monte threads are the best threads, monte brings the funny. I appreciate monte in a weird way. I wonder if that's why Wolly likes him too.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #28
T&T
Socialphobic

on the O-board they don't delete my question threads about the band.

Old 09-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #29
Cool As Ice Cream

and do you care?

Old 09-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #30
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
and do you care?
Brilliant!