Old 01-27-2017, 11:11 PM   #241
fuzzyroes
Banned

Walkman, Trititron, Playstation

trendy company

Old 01-27-2017, 11:12 PM   #242
fuzzyroes
Banned

I like that Sony still calls their MP3 players a Walkman. As a loyal consumer I appreciate it.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:14 PM   #243
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I hope you've unfriended him by now.
I actually ran into him at a party about 1.5 years ago randomly. I was like hey what's up and he was just in the worst mood. I was like this party is pretty cool and he was like, "No it sucks what a sausage fest."

like dude you're still trying to prove so hard you aren't gay?

later on I heard from a mutual friend that a group of guys went out in baltimore with him a few times and each time he would get insanely drunk and harass people on the street. the third time they went out with him he kept yelling the n word out the window so they kicked his drunk ass out of the car and left him in Baltimore at 3 AM baaaahahahaha

not sure how to define justice, but I'm pretty sure this is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
why couldn't you just get an xbox?
$$$$$$$$

Old 01-27-2017, 11:15 PM   #244
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I like that Sony still calls their MP3 players a Walkman. As a loyal consumer I appreciate it.
sounds like you're the kind of man who has thoughts like 'what kind of dining set defines me as a person?'

Old 01-27-2017, 11:19 PM   #245
fuzzyroes
Banned

Hey come on now, Sony's quality, they make good MP3 players what can I say?

Old 01-27-2017, 11:19 PM   #246
fuzzyroes
Banned

And I like that I can still correctly refer to it as my Walkman

Old 01-27-2017, 11:27 PM   #247
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Hey fuz
I hope any future dogs you have get run over and then you track their insides inside on your berber carpet

http://i.imgur.com/TXGW4j3.png

I mean what the FUCK!?!

I don't wanna read and look at shit like that. Are we able to ban private messages from posters?

ay...take a look at the some of the rep msgs scotty was giving me during the campaign. lollers... in a weird scary pathetic way, like bonnie's pm. lighten up you freaks.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:36 PM   #248
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Hey come on now, Sony's quality, they make good MP3 players what can I say?
i have a soft spot for Sony too tbh. i just don't like the idea of defining myself as a 'loyal consumer' because it's just fucking name brands and humongeos corporations, brad pitt gif etc.

i went to the Sony showroom when i was in japan. they had all their cutting edge stuff on display - 60" 4K tvs that are just stunning to look at (i stared at a sushi making video loop for like 5 minutes), new high end Walkmans for audiophiles, laptops and shit like that. i would gladly move to japan tomorrow forever if i could.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:45 PM   #249
fuzzyroes
Banned

Is it a lot more expensive then where you're living right now in Shanghai or wherever?

Old 01-27-2017, 11:48 PM   #250
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

yeah Japan is definitely expensive.
i might be able to deal with it, but it sounds like they have very strict Visa policies and you don't really get to stay there unless you have a really good reason to.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:41 AM   #251
fuzzyroes
Banned

Fuck, that sucks man. How is it where you're living now? Isn't there any level of culture shock for you? or do you speak the language or do a lot of the people there speak English?

Old 01-28-2017, 12:50 AM   #252
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Japan likes to keep a homogenous population if you haven't heard, fuz. They do it without the use of a wall.

Last edited by ohnoitsbonnie : 01-28-2017 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Didn't edit. Accidentally clicked edit

Old 01-28-2017, 01:18 AM   #253
fuzzyroes
Banned

see guys? look, she's trying to bait me into some needless drama.

Honestly, it's too bad Trots isn't here anymore because you board in the exact same way.

You expect me to take the bait and get all mad so you can then act like I'm the one in the wrong. Trotsky playbook 101

Old 01-28-2017, 01:25 AM   #254
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

It's called having a conversation you doofus

Old 01-28-2017, 01:25 AM   #255
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

This thread is calling for me to be banned if you don't remember

Old 01-28-2017, 01:55 AM   #256
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Last edited by ohnoitsbonnie : Today at 05:26 AM. Reason: Didn't edit. Accidentally clicked edit
i'm curious about this.
even if you clicked edit, you had to change something and click save.
is this a government conspiracy? i think so! not buying it.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:57 AM   #257
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I swear I didn't change anything significant. Maybe a space. I swear

Old 01-28-2017, 01:58 AM   #258
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Fuck, that sucks man. How is it where you're living now? Isn't there any level of culture shock for you? or do you speak the language or do a lot of the people there speak English?
yes. there's definitely jarring cultural differences that i still find incredibly grating, or that rub me the wrong way many times. i speak some chinese, but it's fucking hard once i need to convey relatively complex ideas that are beyond everyday interaction. i dunno it hasn't been so good lately but there have always been violent fluctuations, ever since i got here. hope it's just a phase.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:42 AM   #259
run2pee
Minion of Satan

How do you do with the tones, b0lls? That's what led me to give up on Cantonese. At least there's (presumably) only 4 tones commonly used where you're at in Shanghai?

iirc there's NINE tones in Cantonese

Old 01-28-2017, 11:18 AM   #260
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Another problem with having to communicate in a foreign language is how mentally exhausting it gets, even if you're at the level where you can formulate thoughts in a second language it's still limiting and it's a constant frustration that you're not conveying your thoughts with the appropriate nuance.

When I was in the US visiting my cousin, there were moments where I just wanted to stay alone in my corner and not hear anyone talk, because I just couldn't process any more input in a coherent fashion.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:27 PM   #261
Eulogy
huh

Do people still not realize there aren't any mods here

Old 01-28-2017, 02:31 PM   #262
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

the mods will always be here. in our hearts

Old 01-28-2017, 02:45 PM   #263
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Resetting Scotty's posts when they reach 20k

Old 01-28-2017, 04:01 PM   #264
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

gawd i hate that

Old 01-28-2017, 10:19 PM   #265
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
How do you do with the tones, b0lls? That's what led me to give up on Cantonese. At least there's (presumably) only 4 tones commonly used where you're at in Shanghai?

iirc there's NINE tones in Cantonese
they're very hard to remember. and even harder to execute properly. i don't even wanna deal thinking about nine tones.

compared to other languages, the chinese language is very limited, as in, there are very few 'radicals' that make up the words. they're constantly repeating throughout the language, but the different tones give them drastically different meanings. it's also very gramatically coarse - you pretty much slap words together (for example, if you want to say 'i heard you' you say 'hearing arrived').

with that said, when you look a word up in the dictionary - almost any goddamn word - you see that there are literally 15 different ways of saying almost anything you want. so i imagine a skilled person with a strong command of the language must be capable of doing fairly beautiful things with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Another problem with having to communicate in a foreign language is how mentally exhausting it gets, even if you're at the level where you can formulate thoughts in a second language it's still limiting and it's a constant frustration that you're not conveying your thoughts with the appropriate nuance.

When I was in the US visiting my cousin, there were moments where I just wanted to stay alone in my corner and not hear anyone talk, because I just couldn't process any more input in a coherent fashion.
yes, i really identify with that.
even though my english isn't bad i constantly feel like a retard who talks crookedly and never gets across what he's truly trying to convey. and what bums me out even more, is that there's an ebb and flow to it. when i'm tired, irritated, or whatever i'm more liable to make mistakes, have my accent slip up, or generally be unhappy about secondary language artifacts. but then i'll have an 'on' day and feel great my english, so i dunno. although i think of english as if it's embedded into me just as deeply as hebrew, that's not really true and sometimes my limitations remind me that it's still a secondary language, whether i like it or not.

maybe it's all in my head because and it's just a low self esteem issue because (honestly not humblebragging) many american people i talk to say i'm indiscernible from a native speaker, but i still feel like i'm very aware of the gaps between my distilled intentions, and the 'distortion' that occurs when i try to express them.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:44 PM   #266
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
they're very hard to remember. and even harder to execute properly. i don't even wanna deal thinking about nine tones.

compared to other languages, the chinese language is very limited, as in, there are very few 'radicals' that make up the words. they're constantly repeating throughout the language, but the different tones give them drastically different meanings. it's also very gramatically coarse - you pretty much slap words together (for example, if you want to say 'i heard you' you say 'hearing arrived').

with that said, when you look a word up in the dictionary - almost any goddamn word - you see that there are literally 15 different ways of saying almost anything you want. so i imagine a skilled person with a strong command of the language must be capable of doing fairly beautiful things with it
When I was flirting with Cantonese I kept saying "Ohhhh" to mean "I" (I liked that hot pot very much) when instead I wanted "Oh-?"

Because "Ohhhhh" means I defecate

In your hot pot, old lady, thanks

Old 01-28-2017, 10:48 PM   #267
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Oh my gosh

Old 01-28-2017, 10:48 PM   #268
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Run2Pee

Old 01-28-2017, 10:49 PM   #269
run2pee
Minion of Satan

b0lls, F off re English. Any paper in any of the cities where I live, here in the vasty green gravy lands of mid/south usa, would gladly trade whoevers doing movies now for your reviews

Also subscribed to your travellogues. but would like to read you in Hebrew someday, too

Did you do your lyrics in your Hebrew first, then translate?

Old 01-28-2017, 11:14 PM   #270
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I like hot pot.