Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2017, 06:08 PM   #6301
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

i can sympathize

Old 03-16-2017, 07:02 PM   #6302
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm high. Feels good

Old 03-16-2017, 08:20 PM   #6303
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by toase View Post
I'm high. Feels good
F yeah you doing anything fun? Still have that switch to play?

Old 03-16-2017, 09:02 PM   #6304
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I bought too many avocados so I made a large smoothie with them. We'll see how this goes

Old 03-16-2017, 09:03 PM   #6305
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Too many avocado smoothie recipe:
-too many avocado
-withered, rotting, ripened from "cooking banana" stage banana
-water

Blend.

Add chocolate syrup and unsweetened coconut flake

Old 03-16-2017, 09:47 PM   #6306
Trotskilicious
Banned

i made some smoothies with fresh blackberries, blueberries, frozen black cherries and black tea (that was black cherry flavored)

Old 03-16-2017, 09:48 PM   #6307
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I'm a man like you DK, it's gotta be about the real life connection. Petering around like a wuss online never does anything for anyone.
I've never online dated, and part of me still feels weird that this is a normal socially acceptable thing to do now, but seeing as most people who engage in it are probably more healthy and romantically successful than I am, the legs of the horse I'm sitting on are a little too underdeveloped due to foetal thalidomide exposure for me to look down my nose upon anybody who opts for this mode of courtship.

Plus, I feel like I'm not really cut out for online dating. It seems almost like an advertisement service, in which one tries to sell oneself based on flattering photos and a paragraph about one's personal attributes meant to make one. sound interesting and worth spending time with.

I just could not possibly compete in that race. I don't have the kind of mug that could sell amongst a pool of fit, square-jawed men who go jet skiing and hang gliding. It just seems like there are ways to utterly destroy my self-esteem that don't take up so much phone disk space.

At least with just approaching people in real life, I'm not presented in a catalogue in direct competition with more handsome and interesting dudes. I'm not just one of a million dudes texting “hey,” and I can actually try to start a start a conversation based on observations about our immediate surroundings. I'm not smooth by any measure, so it's not like I'm very likely to come up with some funny or intriguing conversation starter right on the spot, but I at least have more to work with than I would just looking at some profile on a webpage.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:13 PM   #6308
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

I drank a glass of water today... true story

Old 03-16-2017, 10:45 PM   #6309
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I've never online dated, and part of me still feels weird that this is a normal socially acceptable thing to do now, but seeing as most people who engage in it are probably more healthy and romantically successful than I am, the legs of the horse I'm sitting on are a little too underdeveloped due to foetal thalidomide exposure for me to look down my nose upon anybody who opts for this mode of courtship.

Plus, I feel like I'm not really cut out for online dating. It seems almost like an advertisement service, in which one tries to sell oneself based on flattering photos and a paragraph about one's personal attributes meant to make one. sound interesting and worth spending time with.

I just could not possibly compete in that race. I don't have the kind of mug that could sell amongst a pool of fit, square-jawed men who go jet skiing and hang gliding. It just seems like there are ways to utterly destroy my self-esteem that don't take up so much phone disk space.

At least with just approaching people in real life, I'm not presented in a catalogue in direct competition with more handsome and interesting dudes. I'm not just one of a million dudes texting “hey,” and I can actually try to start a start a conversation based on observations about our immediate surroundings. I'm not smooth by any measure, so it's not like I'm very likely to come up with some funny or intriguing conversation starter right on the spot, but I at least have more to work with than I would just looking at some profile on a webpage.
Yeah most definitely man. It's what you see is what you get. I've also noticed with women that a lot of time their selfies and webcam shots are extremely misleading so it's hard to tell what someone actually looks like.

But yeah, it's definitely a meat market. I'm sure RBG has lots of lots of cool pics where he's posing out by the ocean and shit like that though

Old 03-16-2017, 10:46 PM   #6310
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post

People I have known, in your situation (read: introverted, first impression may not be the best, insecure, anxious) meet potential romantic partners through mutual friends and hanging out as part of a group, at parties, etc. and get to know someone slowly and naturally before asking them to hang out one-on-one. Hope this helps. Keep up the good work!

Old 03-16-2017, 10:48 PM   #6311
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I met Yesenia at work. She bosses me around. And I like it.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:54 PM   #6312
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
People I have known, in your situation (read: introverted, first impression may not be the best, insecure, anxious) meet potential romantic partners through mutual friends and hanging out as part of a group, at parties, etc.
wow weird no way

Quote:
and get to know someone slowly and naturally before asking them to hang out one-on-one
careful, if you're ugly this is usually considered creepy

Old 03-16-2017, 11:35 PM   #6313
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

yeah but no creepier than the same person randomly texting "hey"

generally speaking, ugly people are creepy amirite

Old 03-16-2017, 11:58 PM   #6314
Trotskilicious
Banned

yes

Old 03-17-2017, 12:21 AM   #6315
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
i made some smoothies with fresh blackberries, blueberries, frozen black cherries and black tea (that was black cherry flavored)
Sounds excellent. Tea in smoothies actually sounds great and I never thought of it before

Old 03-17-2017, 12:24 AM   #6316
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Smoothies are great but I'm like, real lazy in the kitchen. I have the skills and background knowledge but not the will to cook and prepare things

Old 03-17-2017, 12:26 AM   #6317
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

That smooothie from before was desperation to not waste the beautiful avocados I paid for. I'm leaving for the weekend and I've asked for my family to eat the food in my fridge before and they don't and I need to throw it out because it goes bad. "But I was saving it for you". I hate wasting food or imagining it being wasted. I left some sauce from Babeth's feast in a cab on Wednesday and so wanted to cry

Old 03-17-2017, 12:36 AM   #6318
Trotskilicious
Banned

i'm really into beverages for some reason. right now in my fridge i have apple juice, wild berry tea (unsweetened), coffee, limeade, milk (usually for mixed coffee drinks), and 5 different singles of beer that people have left in there

Old 03-17-2017, 12:36 AM   #6319
Trotskilicious
Banned

oh also ruby red texas grapefruit juice

Old 03-17-2017, 12:36 AM   #6320
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

There could be more

Old 03-17-2017, 12:37 AM   #6321
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Grape fruits are why I came back to netphoria! Can't get enough of that froot

Old 03-17-2017, 12:37 AM   #6322
Trotskilicious
Banned

the red ones are the best ones

Old 03-17-2017, 12:41 AM   #6323
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Rn my fridge has calpico syrup, choy, broccoli, old sweet potato soup, baby red potatoes and condiments. Maybe some kind of cheese product

Maybe shopping when we get back or not we'll see

Freezer: rosemary fries, doekbokki, gyoza, ground pork (for home made gyoza), blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips, peas, coconut flakes, coffee (bring on the flack), and Irish soda bread

Old 03-17-2017, 12:42 AM   #6324
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

My sister is staying in the apartment while we're gone and I worry she won't be able to feed herself

Old 03-17-2017, 12:56 AM   #6325
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i can't have grapefruit. it makes me sad. not the grapefruit, the fact that i can't have it

Old 03-17-2017, 01:06 AM   #6326
Disco King
Minion of Satan

It interferes with some mood-regulating medications, correct?

If so, it kinda does make you sad.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:07 AM   #6327
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

touche, but actually i don't believe it interfers with any of my psych meds. but i take cozaar for high bp that it does interact with

Old 03-17-2017, 01:24 AM   #6328
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by toase View Post
I'm high. Feels good
What are you high on?

Old 03-17-2017, 01:33 AM   #6329
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Online dating is totally normalized at this point. fuzzy roes is a cave man

I would prefer to meet someone in real life and have the connection form the way I am used to, as I have talked extensively about how weird I feel about online dating, but it's not always easy to meet new people once you are a grown up. I know lots of people who have met S/Os on the internet

Old 03-17-2017, 02:33 AM   #6330
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i can't have grapefruit. it makes me sad. not the grapefruit, the fact that i can't have it
nice structure. not the grapefruit, this sentence. i just woke up and read it five times