Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #91
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
You guys sound perilously close to disrespecting the president. Donald Trump is the president now and there's nothing we can do about it, so we need to learn to respect him and his choices for our nation. I didn't vote for him either, but I'm going to give him a chance and hope that he really does make America great again.
You do have a point.

I remember everyone was outraged when Obama was shown perceived slights. HOW DARE THEY DISRESPECT THE PRESIDENT!

It would be nice if Trump was afforded the same standers.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:21 PM   #92
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
You guys sound perilously close to disrespecting the president. Donald Trump is the president now and there's nothing we can do about it, so we need to learn to respect him and his choices for our nation. I didn't vote for him either, but I'm going to give him a chance and hope that he really does make America great again.
DIAF you racist POS

Old 03-12-2017, 08:23 PM   #93
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Fuzzy lives on welfare and free health care in Canada and worships Americans who would throw him out on the streets and spit in his face

Old 03-12-2017, 08:25 PM   #94
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

the problem with the United States is that every poor hillbilly thinks they're one lucky break away from being a millionaire.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:15 PM   #95
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post

and it's funny how it's almost always huge baseball fans that spout piffle like this.
this man is so wise

Old 03-12-2017, 09:16 PM   #96
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
I live in Trump country? You live in Texas!

My city vote 2-1 for Dems at all levels in November.its no Austin, but Trump is despised in my city.
well then they're racist blue people who love hockey because everything is white idk what to tell you

GO
SPURS
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 03-12-2017, 09:18 PM   #97
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Fuzzy lives on welfare and free health care in Canada and worships Americans who would throw him out on the streets and spit in his face
i bet fuzzy doesn't even know he has health care

Old 03-13-2017, 07:41 PM   #98
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

this play is why i watch soccer

Old 03-13-2017, 07:48 PM   #99
Trotskilicious
Banned

why don't you watch a good league then ayyyyyyyyyy

Old 03-13-2017, 07:55 PM   #100
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
The Ann Arbor match has become an annual thing and they bring in two different teams from the EU each year. Every soccer fan i know here adopts a champion's league team and an MLS team. So people know these teams very well.

We don't have a Major League Soccer team in Michigan yet, but we have an entire new division worth of clubs in a minor league. Our club here in my home town is 2 years old and we're getting 8,000 people at matches. Ours and the club we play in Detroit were both started by supporter groups who were sick of waiting for someone to start a club so we did it ourselves.
That's pretty cool.

If they were my local club I'd pay to see them play and buy their shitty overpriced merch

I'm not really a big fan of adopting foreign teams. Lots of kids around here wear Barca tops and when I was a kid in NZ, lots of kids wore Man U gear. support your local teams dammit

Old 03-13-2017, 08:03 PM   #101
LaBelle
Socialphobic

My mom's old place was in front of an amateur league soccer field.
All the players would run after the referee if they thought the referee was being biased.

Shit got real there.

Last edited by LaBelle : 03-13-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:08 PM   #102
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I'm not really a big fan of adopting foreign teams. Lots of kids around here wear Barca tops and when I was a kid in NZ, lots of kids wore Man U gear. support your local teams dammit
idk with soccer its one thing to want to watch a good team play well and follow the best leagues and best players. and if you're not from a place with strong footballing traditions like germany or england or spain or what have you, you can pick teams to follow

i picked tottenham hotspur as my primary club because they are the spurs just like my LOCAL TEAM! GO SPURS GO but i also picked FC Sankt Pauli because they are the punk rockinest antifa club and Real Madrid because Gareth Bale (who came through Tottenham) is my favorite player. I also like Lokomotiv Moscow because i did a season or two with them on footy manager and learned that they were founded by the soviet railwaymen union as a rec team

what are the local nz clubs to support?

Old 03-13-2017, 08:17 PM   #103
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Wellington Phoenix is my local team in NZ - they play in the Australian A-league

But NZ has enough of a grassroots local scene that you can support your local neighbourhood club. My local team within Wellington, that I played for growing up, was Waterside Karori.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:18 PM   #104
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
That's pretty cool.

If they were my local club I'd pay to see them play and buy their shitty overpriced merch

i really don't follow foreign teams. I would like to go to the annual Ann Arbor match, though. But it's because it's in my college football stadium and it's an amazing place to see a sporting event.

Our club here, Grand Rapids FC, does not have overpriced gear. single game tickets are only $8. My season ticket is $80. They sell t shirts for $15-$20. Our players are mostly college guys who play for midwest universities and during summer break come here to play for GRFC. Our club has only been around for 2 years and it's in the lowest league for the men, and second tier for women. But there's talk about big investors getting involved and if that happens it would mean the men moving up to USL, which is the second tier in the USA. That would also mean a huge new stadium and probably higher prices.

Also, I just got put on the TIFO committe of our supporters group!

I also follow the Portland Timbers here in the US and I'm a member of their supporters group. They do have a lot of overpriced crap. But I spend most of my money on gear from the supporters group, which has a ton of cool stuff that's reasonably priced.

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 03-13-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:50 PM   #105
vixnix
Socialphobic

those are great prices. Good on you for getting involved.

Sydney FC gear is terrible for pricing. Team shirts are $110, from memory. I winced the other day when I realised the older son's shirt was looking a bit small on him. They're reasonable quality so he can hand his down, at least.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:03 PM   #106
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
those are great prices. Good on you for getting involved.

Sydney FC gear is terrible for pricing. Team shirts are $110, from memory. I winced the other day when I realised the older son's shirt was looking a bit small on him. They're reasonable quality so he can hand his down, at least.
same here. a new Timbers jersey is $100. If you want it with a player's name and number it's $149.

So I just bought last year's primary and secondary jerseys on close out for $40!

we lost two of our players this year to Australia 2nd division teams. Nick Groenwald plays for Hobart Zebras FC. Not sure where Tyler Fischer went.

https://scontent.fdet1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...4b&oe=593166E3

Old 03-14-2017, 06:40 AM   #107
vixnix
Socialphobic

Yeah it's ridiculous. All Blacks shirts are even worse so I probably shouldn't be surprised.

I haven't seen last year's stuff go on sale before, definitely not at prices like that. Didn't think Australian clubs would pay enough for U.S. players - I guess U.S. clubs aren't paying that much either, yet. Fix it, Scotty...

Old 03-19-2017, 02:57 PM   #108
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

"I'd like to thank my wife AND BY GIRLFRIEND..."

Old 03-19-2017, 03:08 PM   #109
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
why don't you watch a good league then ayyyyyyyyyy
I occasionally watch Euro soccer on the TV. But i find it hard to get all that excited for a team in a foreign country that I feel no connection to. I enjoy the sport when I connect with the team.

I follow Portland because I love the city and I feel at home with their supporters. I love hockey and I have season tickets for our AHL team, but it wasn't until we got a minor league soccer team here and I started following the Timbers that I found a fan community that I liked. There's a sense of community that the supporters group creates with the team that doesn't exist in other American professional sports. Also, the supporter communities for both my local club and the Portland Timbers have a positive and inclusive ethic that most soccer clubs don't have.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:01 PM   #110
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Also, the supporter communities for both my local club and the Portland Timbers have a positive and inclusive ethic that most soccer clubs don't have.
they should ally with fc st. pauli, which is the inclusive left wing soccer club in germany

i follow st. pauli & tottenham basically thats about it. i find i get into it if i just find a team to care about, spurs were good because they are also spurs and it wasn't like picking one of the big megaclubs, although i do kinda follow real madrid because of gareth bale (who came out of spurs, etc)

Old 03-19-2017, 06:50 PM   #111
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Austin was on the list for an MLS expansion team. But the USL team in Austin doesn't look to be all that popular there.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:54 PM   #112
Trotskilicious
Banned

it doesn't exist really and no its not popular there's a lot of stuff to do in this city

also San Antonio FC is here already & it has a spurs logo

i think spurs sports & entertainment should rebrand to San Antonio Spurs AC and then name the soccer team San Antonio Spurs FC and the basketball team San Antonio Spurs BC

to be honest I'd much rather watch Liga MX than the cheesy mls with all of its dumb american shit like conferences & playoffs

Old 03-19-2017, 10:01 PM   #113
lawson
Apocalyptic Poster

yo sppunk!

I read half the article thinking you wrote it tongue in cheek haha

I played soccer K-12. I've always wondered why is the US still so bad at soccer considering so many kids played soccer in the 1980's and on. Because, as the article says, we were really out there to run around and get exercise! Now that I think about it, I only ever had 2 coaches who actually played soccer, and one was the high school coach. One of my early "coaches" was a tobacco farmer. He was the coach because he had fields to have practice in. I literally never saw him kick a ball with his foot.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:15 PM   #114
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
i really don't follow foreign teams. I would like to go to the annual Ann Arbor match, though. But it's because it's in my college football stadium and it's an amazing place to see a sporting event.

Our club here, Grand Rapids FC, does not have overpriced gear. single game tickets are only $8. My season ticket is $80. They sell t shirts for $15-$20. Our players are mostly college guys who play for midwest universities and during summer break come here to play for GRFC. Our club has only been around for 2 years and it's in the lowest league for the men, and second tier for women. But there's talk about big investors getting involved and if that happens it would mean the men moving up to USL, which is the second tier in the USA. That would also mean a huge new stadium and probably higher prices.

Also, I just got put on the TIFO committe of our supporters group!

I also follow the Portland Timbers here in the US and I'm a member of their supporters group. They do have a lot of overpriced crap. But I spend most of my money on gear from the supporters group, which has a ton of cool stuff that's reasonably priced.

8 dollar tickets? that's insane. MLS tickets in Vancouver range from 50-100 dollars... Which to me is an absolute rip for such a crap league, especially considering that beer is literally 11 dollars a pop... But for 10 dollars I'd see a lot more games.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:59 PM   #115
Trotskilicious
Banned

when MLS teams sign dudes on the retirement circuit like they did with david beckham, theirry henri, stephen gerard, kaka, and now bastian schwiensteiger it makes me think its a joke league

Old 03-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #116
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Holy shit i just read the first page of this thread. How are we even chjtvj Etty jjgx cv Uh cijf j drijft j Tsjechisch kruik

Old 03-21-2017, 11:29 PM   #117
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Even the retiring players might be giving the United States a big fat miss if the Chinese clubs keep throwing money at them.

Tevez supposedly became the highest paid player in the sport despite the thirty-three years of life behind him and I don't imagine he's the last big purchase we'll see. He'd pretty clearly returned home in 2015 to finish out his career, too, only to give Boca an even greater gift by leaving them for the second time.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:32 PM   #118
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

[IMG]http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/writer-mike-*******-arrives-for-the-hollywood-cares-second-annual-picture-id518542546?s=594x594[/IMG]
Quote:
lmao @ this fat piece of shit

anyone got that pic from the pearl jam website where he looks like an off-brand kevin smith complete with NJ devils jersey in southern california

Old 03-21-2017, 11:33 PM   #119
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

[IMG]http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/pictures/Michael+*******.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-22-2017, 12:08 AM   #120
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Even the retiring players might be giving the United States a big fat miss if the Chinese clubs keep throwing money at them.
i mean us & china are basically the joke soccer leagues lmao

used to be turkey & greece but US & china outbid them