Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2002, 03:55 PM   #1
Samsa
Banned

Default oh shit

some student died this morning. i should have fucking known. i'm walking to class and we see all these cop cars and red tape and when we get closer we see this mangled bicycle and i was fucking horrified at first like holy shit and it had obviously happened awhile ago because there was no ambulance there and shit shit shit. but then i mention it to my roommate and she wrote it off as like 'man i would be so pissed if that happened to me'. i was all 'did yous ee that accident?' and she was all 'yeah how annoying. can you imagine riding to class and getting hit by a car? i would be so pissed' and i was all 'oh okay maybe it's not such a big deal' but holy fuck and i come back and there's an e-mail from the vice president but he e-mails us everyday with administrative bullshit so i didn't read it then i get an e-mail from my ra which isn't like abnormal either cuz. ugh. she e-mails us like twice a day with random shit too. but she's all 'i'm here if you need me bla bla bla' i'm all wtf? and yeah the guy died. shit. he was a freshmen and he was from illinois shit shit shit. shit. shit. shit.

Old 11-06-2002, 03:56 PM   #2
twilightfadez
Socialphobic

Unhappy

thats so sad

Old 11-06-2002, 03:57 PM   #3
Samsa
Banned

Thumbs down

i alwyas see these kids riding down that street in the morning eating breakfast while they ride their fucking bike. seriously. cofee in one hand and a donut in the other.

Old 11-06-2002, 03:59 PM   #4
Travis Meekz
Minion of Satan

Default Re: oh shit

Quote:
Originally posted by Samsa
some student died this morning. i should have fucking known. i'm walking to class and we see all these cop cars and red tape and when we get closer we see this mangled bicycle and i was fucking horrified at first like holy shit and it had obviously happened awhile ago because there was no ambulance there and shit shit shit. but then i mention it to my roommate and she wrote it off as like 'man i would be so pissed if that happened to me'. i was all 'did yous ee that accident?' and she was all 'yeah how annoying. can you imagine riding to class and getting hit by a car? i would be so pissed' and i was all 'oh okay maybe it's not such a big deal' but holy fuck and i come back and there's an e-mail from the vice president but he e-mails us everyday with administrative bullshit so i didn't read it then i get an e-mail from my ra which isn't like abnormal either cuz. ugh. she e-mails us like twice a day with random shit too. but she's all 'i'm here if you need me bla bla bla' i'm all wtf? and yeah the guy died. shit. he was a freshmen and he was from illinois shit shit shit. shit. shit. shit.

if I haven't made this clear, you are fucking crazy

Old 11-06-2002, 03:59 PM   #5
Smiley33
Minion of Satan

Unhappy

Oh man. Imagine sending your kid off to college and finding out he died shortly into the school year. Fuck

Old 11-06-2002, 04:01 PM   #6
Samsa
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Smiley33
Oh man. Imagine sending your kid off to college and finding out he died shortly into the school year. Fuck
i know. shit. i'm talking to my mommy tonight.

Old 11-06-2002, 04:02 PM   #7
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

did the bike make it?

Old 11-06-2002, 04:05 PM   #8
Smiley33
Minion of Satan

Unhappy

Quote:

i know. shit. i'm talking to my mommy tonight.
I want to talk to mine too.

Old 11-06-2002, 04:07 PM   #9
Travis Meekz
Minion of Satan

Quote:
one of my best friends used to work at a resort near here on the weekends and summer. he was driving a utility golf cart thing one morning down a rocky hill when he hit a rock and flipped it, killing the passenger, a 24 year old kid. It was horrible for my friend, the poor kid was really nice, great family and what not. He had to go to the funeral alone, the kids whole family was there. I can't comprehend such pain the parents and family must feel. One freak accident and his life was over.

Old 11-06-2002, 04:09 PM   #10
Smiley33
Minion of Satan

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Travis Meeks

one of my best friends used to work at a resort near here on the weekends and summer. he was driving a utility golf cart thing one morning down a rocky hill when he hit a rock and flipped it, killing the passenger, a 24 year old kid. It was horrible for my friend, the poor kid was really nice, great family and what not. He had to go to the funeral alone, the kids whole family was there. I can't comprehend such pain the parents and family must feel. One freak accident and his life was over.
Man. That makes me too scared to even think about having kids. I would be so devastated if one died.

Old 11-06-2002, 04:15 PM   #11
Travis Meekz
Minion of Satan

Default Re: Re: Re: oh shit

Quote:
Originally posted by Graveflower

Why did you even bother posting this?
first thing to come to mind

Old 11-06-2002, 04:30 PM   #12
jenn
Minion of Satan

i agree with Sean, that was uncalled for hun...i still like you though.

anyway... that is really sad.

my freshman year of HS a kid was hit by a car while crossing the street going to school in the morning. i didn't know him (though i knew a carfull of kids who died later on in the year) but it was really tragic for everyone. my mom was hysterical. people dont want to be reminded that they can die at anytime....especially when they're in the first semester of college. i mean, i'm home sick with mono right now- and i'd give anything to be back at school with my friends- i love it so much there, and i love everyone. i'd be so beyond hysterical if anything happened to any of them. it's so strange that i'm closer to them than i am to any of my HS friends.

back to what happened at suzes school. i'm sorry to hear that. it probably won't be the first time you'll hear about or see something like that. if i recall, your college is pretty big. i hope that its never someone you know directly. i'm also sorry that you had to *see* that.

**this post is not sarcastic, rude, prying, or vindictive. nor did i give advice. therefore, covering my ass from the flame war that might insue from posting this.

Old 11-06-2002, 04:36 PM   #13
Smiley33
Minion of Satan

Arrow

what this thread need is some Chunky Monkey ice cream.

Old 11-06-2002, 04:38 PM   #14
beef curtains
Immortal

If you find out any more info on it Suze, you should post...
i'd be interested to hear if the guy was wearing a helmet or not.

My dad used to bike race quite a bit, and i grew up always wearing a helmet. I know its a law here in WA, but i always friggin see people not wearing helmets. my dad always calls them brain buckets b/c you're essentially fucked if you don't have one and you get hit :/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-06-2002, 04:42 PM   #15
Smiley33
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Thank you Karl Malone.
WHAT THE FUCK

Old 11-06-2002, 04:43 PM   #16
Samsa
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by melancholia
**this post is not sarcastic, rude, prying, or vindictive. nor did i give advice. therefore, covering my ass from the flame war that might insue from posting this.
except that little disclaimer defeats the purpose. you're going on ignore.

Old 11-06-2002, 04:43 PM   #17
beef curtains
Immortal

Quote:
They stopped selling chunky monkey at the cheap grocery store i go to....i don't wanna fucking spend $5 for a pint/qt whatever they sell in at safeway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-06-2002, 04:53 PM   #18
Smiley33
Minion of Satan

Default i had an epiphany while sneezing OMG

Quote:
Originally posted by So very sad about me

They stopped selling chunky monkey at the cheap grocery store i go to....i don't wanna fucking spend $5 for a pint/qt whatever they sell in at safeway
yeah i know... fuck 5.59 for a pint of ice cream I mean that's only like 3 godiva truffles but..

OK WHY THE FUCK DO I BUY THE CHEAP HEALTHY STUFF AND THE EXPENSIVE UNHEALTHY STUFF

WHAT THE FUCK

Old 11-06-2002, 04:57 PM   #19
jenn
Minion of Satan

Quote:
*gets out her spoon*

Old 11-06-2002, 04:59 PM   #20
beef curtains
Immortal

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by melancholia

*gets out her spoon*
look, bucko!

Around here, we eat ice cream by shoving our faces in the container. there'll be none of that "utencil" usage here

Old 11-06-2002, 05:00 PM   #21
Smiley33
Minion of Satan

Cool

Quote:

look, bucko!

Around here, we eat ice cream by shoving our faces in the container. there'll be none of that "utencil" usage here
*models ice cream beard*

Old 11-06-2002, 05:01 PM   #22
Hillzy
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: Posting Rules You may post new threads You may post replies You may post attachments You may edit your posts
Thumbs down

Quote:

except that little disclaimer defeats the purpose. you're going on ignore.
Oh. My. God.

Old 11-06-2002, 05:04 PM   #23
beef curtains
Immortal

Talking

Quote:

*models ice cream beard*
*models amish beard*

Old 11-06-2002, 05:05 PM   #24
Samsa
Banned

i'm not posting anything important here ever again. you people can't handle it. i'm sorry i made this thread. it's disrespectful to the memory of some poor 18-year old boy who was killed this morning. i apologize.

Old 11-06-2002, 05:06 PM   #25
Smiley33
Minion of Satan

Red face

Quote:

*models amish beard*
...can I touch it?

Old 11-06-2002, 05:10 PM   #26
beef curtains
Immortal

Cool

Quote:

...can I touch it?
YES!

Oh wait you meant the beard

Old 11-06-2002, 05:11 PM   #27
Smiley33
Minion of Satan

Talking

Quote:

YES!

Oh wait you meant the beard
yay!

oh wait, your beard?

Old 11-06-2002, 05:26 PM   #28
jenn
Minion of Satan

Quote:

look, bucko!

but but but...i don't wanna give you guys mono.

Old 11-06-2002, 05:27 PM   #29
jenn
Minion of Satan

Quote:

What? She's right. Melancholia posted that dave's flame was uncalled for and then preceded to flame her at the end of her post.
it wasn't a flame... i was just making sure that i wasn't going to get one of those "you bitch, you ruined my thread by saying you're sorry". things. i was just saying that i meant "i'm sorry" literally not sarcastically.

Old 11-06-2002, 05:35 PM   #30
toyschoketoys
delete delete

Default WTF

UM can yous here music ? who is it suzy >? its pretty good

Back to my point

At Edinburgh University the students kill themselves all the time as they are under such pressure to do well, in first year soem girl threwe herself out of Appleton towers on the street below amongst the students, that was fuckin nuts.

Another favorite is hanging/chocking themselves in pollock halls all you see is a set of feet hanging at te window < not nice.

And the last two are throwing themselves of the salisbury crags ( a local beauty spot some kid did this last winter they saw aset of prints in the snow that led to the edge, and chocking on their own vomit i am quite sure this is not meant but it happens alot.

So yeah Edinburgh uni is shit scared as it has a eral high daeth rate for students.