Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2019, 03:08 PM   #1
kremlin18
Oblivious Virgin
 
kremlin18's Avatar
 
Posts: 26
Default I shared my vintage Pumpkins tees on a YouTube show called Stash Raiders

I wanted to share it here with anyone who might be interested. I start going over Pumpkins shirts at the 6:06 mark in the video.



Watch it here

 
kremlin18 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:28 PM   #2
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Location: vortex of lost souls
Posts: 1,490
Default

Good stuff! Never seen that flag one before, even a picture online anywhere... really obscure

 
New Art Rioter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 05:20 PM   #3
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
 
wHATcOLOR's Avatar
 
Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Posts: 46,312
Default

that was cool man, thanks for sharing! i think i like the arising one the most.

 
wHATcOLOR is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:00 AM   #4
kremlin18
Oblivious Virgin
 
kremlin18's Avatar
 
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
Good stuff! Never seen that flag one before, even a picture online anywhere... really obscure
Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
that was cool man, thanks for sharing! i think i like the arising one the most.
Thank you for watching! I hadn't seen that flag shirt either for years. Must've been available for only a short time.

I expected to get trolled here (probably still will), so I appreciate the kind words.

 
kremlin18 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:11 AM   #5
myosis
Minion of Satan
 
myosis's Avatar
 
Location: the institute
Posts: 6,087
Default

where are the original zero shirts?

 
myosis is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:18 AM   #6
reprise85
Wizard
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.
Posts: 30,901
Default

really cool, honestly. did you just not have a lot of the other MCIS tour shirts or was it cut for time? there were so many of them, and you had a ton of SD ones

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:11 AM   #7
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Location: vortex of lost souls
Posts: 1,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
that was cool man, thanks for sharing! i think i like the arising one the most.
The Arising one is great, if anyone has the print of that for sale I would love to buy. Some of the best Pumpkins artwork there.

 
New Art Rioter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:22 AM   #8
kremlin18
Oblivious Virgin
 
kremlin18's Avatar
 
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
where are the original zero shirts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
really cool, honestly. did you just not have a lot of the other MCIS tour shirts or was it cut for time? there were so many of them, and you had a ton of SD ones
I have those too, haha. A lot of tees were cut for time, maybe for the better since the show isn't only for Pumpkins fans. My Machina tees were skipped too.

I'm planning a website for my complete collection though with photographs of each shirt categorized by album and other factors I'm still deciding.

Thank you guys for watching!

 
kremlin18 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 06:52 PM   #9
myosis
Minion of Satan
 
myosis's Avatar
 
Location: the institute
Posts: 6,087
Default

how many zero shirts do you have?
i had one XL long-sleeve with no heart in the 90's... now unwearable. then i bought some tee with the sp heart on the sleeve from ebay for 25 bucks a few years ago.

 
myosis is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 06:53 PM   #10
myosis
Minion of Satan
 
myosis's Avatar
 
Location: the institute
Posts: 6,087
Default

i got an angel shirt in the late 90's and never wore it, it seems a bit yellowish today but can't remember if that's the original color. is yours sparkling white?

 
myosis is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:58 PM   #11
smashingjj
netphoria deep state
 
smashingjj's Avatar
 
Location: My dad is from the Balkans, so he used to wear speedos.
Posts: 33,579
Default

are you in a techno band?

 
smashingjj is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:34 PM   #12
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster
 
stumpycat's Avatar
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,077
Default

Back in the late 90s I created quite large database of Smashing Pumpkins t-shirts, complete with pictures researched information on each of them. I grew a bit frustrated trying to separate official shirts with bootlegs...without owning them, it was difficult to tell. How do you know some of the variants are NOT knock-offs? At a certain point (around 1999) the market was just saturated with them.

FYI as I understand it, the Demon/Angel pair was actually artwork by his (then) girlfriend and (later) wife, Chris Fabian. Yes, that shirt was generally called the "clown" shirt...as opposed to the "Wizard" shirt (cardinal red with the blue oval and green man in the center.)

 
stumpycat is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:42 PM   #13
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster
 
stumpycat's Avatar
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
how many zero shirts do you have?
i had one XL long-sleeve with no heart in the 90's... now unwearable. then i bought some tee with the sp heart on the sleeve from ebay for 25 bucks a few years ago.
The ZERO shirt thing was crazy around 1996/1997. You'd go into the mall (Gadzooks, for example) and be inundated with a rainbow of colors (including, uh...forest green). Some lettering sparkly silver....other lettering being more of a satin grey or silver. The heart printed on the sleeve was a way of distinguishing the "real" thing...I don't think the first ones had it? BC's ZERO shirt predated the clothing company but just barely.

 
stumpycat is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:01 PM   #14
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The Everlasting Blaze (420)
Posts: 30,516
Default

are you in a blackgaze band?

 
FoolofaTook is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:33 PM   #15
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,946
Default

Wow, great collection, man! I had never even seen a handful of those early ones before

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:55 PM   #16
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan
 
Mals Marola's Avatar
 
Location: https://twitter.com/fuzzyroes
Posts: 9,527
Default

sweet tees (hehe)

diggin that Stankonia shirt as well

 
Mals Marola is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:42 AM   #17
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: Golf club war zone next door.
Posts: 4,511
Red face

This collection makes even a Geo F**kers jealous...

I guess a good source for SP t-shirts from 2007 to 2014 might be our Monte-LDS.
Selling them soon on Ebay for a reasonable price!


A smashed Pumpkin, smiling politely from Steve Job's washing machine:


 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:06 AM   #18
myosis
Minion of Satan
 
myosis's Avatar
 
Location: the institute
Posts: 6,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat View Post
The ZERO shirt thing was crazy around 1996/1997. You'd go into the mall (Gadzooks, for example) and be inundated with a rainbow of colors (including, uh...forest green). Some lettering sparkly silver....other lettering being more of a satin grey or silver. The heart printed on the sleeve was a way of distinguishing the "real" thing...I don't think the first ones had it? BC's ZERO shirt predated the clothing company but just barely.
about different colors, all i remember is my friend getting a dark blue one, but it had the SP heart. i got my heartless one from a rock music store and it was good quality.

 
myosis is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:21 AM   #19
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster
 
stumpycat's Avatar
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
about different colors, all i remember is my friend getting a dark blue one, but it had the SP heart. i got my heartless one from a rock music store and it was good quality.
Wow, yeah. I knew it was wild. I know some updated ZERO prints were sold at the Sacred and Profane tour shows (including the dual tone "vintage baseball jersey" style). Frankly I thought a number of the aforementioned "knock offs" were better than the official ones. I wanted one just like Billy's so I made my own using hand embroidered lettering on an uncuffed long sleeve polyester tee. (It was the shit.) Though in general those old school SP t-shirts tended to be made with real high quality cotton, and real thick and rubbery screen print. Quality is crap these days compared to the look and feel of those. I think you might still be able to get high quality band tees at actual concerts...but in the mall at Hot Topic...forget about it.

 
stumpycat is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:16 PM   #20
kremlin18
Oblivious Virgin
 
kremlin18's Avatar
 
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
how many zero shirts do you have?
i had one XL long-sleeve with no heart in the 90's... now unwearable. then i bought some tee with the sp heart on the sleeve from ebay for 25 bucks a few years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
i got an angel shirt in the late 90's and never wore it, it seems a bit yellowish today but can't remember if that's the original color. is yours sparkling white?
My understanding is the angel tee came in white originally, but many of the ones you'll find in the wild now have yellowed.

As for the Zero tee, it was heavily bootlegged at the time. I think the version with the heart on the sleeve if official. Once you see a lot of them you can tell when the font is off on the front graphic too.

 
kremlin18 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:20 PM   #21
kremlin18
Oblivious Virgin
 
kremlin18's Avatar
 
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat View Post
Back in the late 90s I created quite large database of Smashing Pumpkins t-shirts, complete with pictures researched information on each of them. I grew a bit frustrated trying to separate official shirts with bootlegs...without owning them, it was difficult to tell. How do you know some of the variants are NOT knock-offs? At a certain point (around 1999) the market was just saturated with them.

FYI as I understand it, the Demon/Angel pair was actually artwork by his (then) girlfriend and (later) wife, Chris Fabian. Yes, that shirt was generally called the "clown" shirt...as opposed to the "Wizard" shirt (cardinal red with the blue oval and green man in the center.)
Hey, that's awesome. I'll be undertaking a similar sort of database. Check this out, a running list I've made: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...yyU/edit#gid=0

As for distinguishing official from bootleg, it can be tough sometimes, but there are consistent patterns. A bootleg tee usually isn't on a "Giant" branded t-shirt for example. You can tell by the neck tag. And many of the official tees, especially from Mellon Collie onwards, have a copyright somewhere on the shirt.

 
kremlin18 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:01 AM   #22
reprise85
Wizard
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.
Posts: 30,901
Default

i had an OG longsleeve zero tshirt when i was 11, i wore the fuck out of it. in fact, i had 5 or 6 SP shirts and i literally always wore one to middle school. by the end of middle school i had started getting some rare shirts like the long sleeve this is a smashing pumpkins tshirt shirt and just say maybe. they were cool as fuck. ebay in the 90s was like a big garage sale

funny tshirt story, when i was at the adore tour stop in sunrise, fl i bought the three main tees they had and i was carrying two and my dad was looking at one while we were walking and some dude SPRINTS by us and snatches the shirt right out of my dad's hands. remember i'm like 13 years old and i go to run after the dude (instinct) and fall on my fucking face and scrape up my arms. what an asshole. dude definitely snatched some purses from people in his day, i'm sure of it

Last edited by reprise85 : 11-01-2019 at 01:08 AM.

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:28 AM   #23
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Location: vortex of lost souls
Posts: 1,490
Default

Would genuinely love a Mission To Mars shirt, love that one, wish they'd reprint it for some anniversary

 
New Art Rioter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:04 AM   #24
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat View Post
but in the mall at Hot Topic...forget about it.
You're telling me. The worst is Spencers. I buy shirts there and they shrink down like 2 sizes. It's ridiculous.

Shirts and gear from rockabilia.com have always been high quality for me. Might be worth checking out for the fellow aging folks who still wear band tees

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:08 AM   #25
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The Everlasting Blaze (420)
Posts: 30,516
Default

show us your cock

 
FoolofaTook is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:45 AM   #26
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
Cool As Ice Cream's Avatar
 
Location: František! How's the foot of your turtle?
Posts: 31,058
Default

that's some proper geeking out. very cool.

 
Cool As Ice Cream is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 12:59 PM   #27
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 39,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
You're telling me. The worst is Spencers. I buy shirts there and they shrink down like 2 sizes. It's ridiculous.

Shirts and gear from rockabilia.com have always been high quality for me. Might be worth checking out for the fellow aging folks who still wear band tees
For sure. Spencers and Rocakbilia actually manufacture their own shirts and 100% do not purchase them wholesale from the 3-4 main manufacturers at all.

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 01:43 PM   #28
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The Everlasting Blaze (420)
Posts: 30,516
Wink

how 'bout you? you wanna whip out the ole slunker for us, eh?

 
FoolofaTook is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:11 PM   #29
jm9843
Ownz
 
jm9843's Avatar
 
Posts: 628
Default

A buddy of mine had a Siamese Dream era promotional shirt that I've never seen anywhere else. I always assumed that it was super rare. It had a line drawing of a stylized fish on the front and on the back it said "je suis un poisson".

 
jm9843 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:08 AM   #30
kremlin18
Oblivious Virgin
 
kremlin18's Avatar
 
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm9843 View Post
A buddy of mine had a Siamese Dream era promotional shirt that I've never seen anywhere else. I always assumed that it was super rare. It had a line drawing of a stylized fish on the front and on the back it said "je suis un poisson".
I have that one too! That's one of very few I'm not sure is official or bootleg. I've heard it was sold in France too, but who knows. There's one with blue ink and one with black that I've seen. Thank you for sharing.

 
kremlin18 is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Official Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon/Tue drunk/drugs/sad sex thread teh b0lly!!1 General Chat Message Board 4933 11-08-2019 12:56 PM
So when is Jimmy coming back? Elphenor Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 36 03-09-2018 12:35 AM
Hilarious xforewarnedx General Chat Archive 12 02-27-2012 01:13 PM
Perfect Representations of the Pumpkins Live Eras/Versions JustAGhostChild Pumpkins Archive 9 01-08-2011 12:29 AM
Post your Winamp Playlists! Mr. Rhinoceros General Chat Archive 19 01-19-2003 10:31 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 PM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2019