Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 09-29-2002, 04:29 PM   #1
Tessellation
Apocalyptic Poster

Question Where do your favorite meals originate from?:

I love:

Surinamen food(wonderful pastiche of European and Asian foods)

Chinese

Indonesian(dengdeng balado= to die for)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-29-2002, 04:44 PM   #2
Orchestra
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

I thought your meals originated in mens pants

[This message has been edited by Orchestra (edited 09-29-2002).]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-29-2002, 04:45 PM   #3
beef curtains
Immortal

Red face

cows and chickens
and the ground

------------------
http://www.wsu.edu/~swinn/kith.jpg

Old 09-29-2002, 04:45 PM   #4
bonsor
Minion of Satan

France (escargot)

Old 09-29-2002, 04:46 PM   #5
beef curtains
Immortal

Talking

and the ocean!

<3 sea turtle soup!

Old 09-29-2002, 04:47 PM   #6
bonsor
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by So very sad about me:
and the ocean!

<3 sea turtle soup!
Shark Fin Soup! Delish!

Old 09-29-2002, 04:49 PM   #7
shaniqua
Minion of Satan

Cool

japan
http://goldsea.com/Air/Issues/Pop/james.gif

**********for(var i = 0; i < document.********************("img").length; i++) if (document.********************("img")[i].src == 'http://forums.netphoria.org/avatar.php?userid=1962&dateline=1085644390')document.******************** ("img")[i].src = 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/slutbot/britney.jpg';

Old 09-29-2002, 04:52 PM   #8
Tessellation
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Orchestra:
I thought your meals originated in mens pants

[This message has been edited by Orchestra (edited 09-29-2002).]
that's dessert, silly! http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Old 09-29-2002, 04:59 PM   #9
Apocalyptic Poster

from the heart

------------------
http://downwardsign.homestead.com/files/Betty.jpg
Don't leave us in the dark.

Old 09-29-2002, 05:05 PM   #10
scouse_dave
Minion of Satan

Arrow

india and italy

Old 09-29-2002, 05:05 PM   #11
Tessellation
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs up

Ultimate Mao (aka Chinese Bartog)
When I was at Penn State a few months ago for a math contest, Hideo and Ben taught me, Andy and Tad this new and interesting game called Mao. Originally, they were not allowed to tell us the rules, but they told us about special cards, rules of play and the penalties for breaking the rules. In the first hand, I got so many cards because I was inexperienced and somewhat forgetful. But in the third hand, I managed to win my first game of mao. The rules here are somewhat different and more special cards added to make this game the true "ultimate" game of mao.

Players: At least 3, but best for 5 to 7 players.

Cards: I recommend at least 2 decks of cards with the jokers taken out.

IMPORTANT! Please Read This Line! -- Since there are so many rules about special cards and things you have to do, in this version of mao, it is permitted to tell the players the rules here. This is a change from other versions of mao.

Deal: Before the deal, the dealer says: "The deal will begin with (name) and will go (counterclockwise/clockwise)." Then he deals out six cards, one at a time starting with the person named and going in the direction indicated. The players must not look at the cards while the cards are being dealt, or they will receive a penalty card at the beginning of play. The rest of the cards are placed face down to form the stock.

Beginning of play: After the deal, the dealer says: "The playing of Ultimate Mao will begin with (name) and will go (clockwise/counterclockwise)." Then the players may look at their cards. The dealer then turns up the top card of the stock to begin play.

Rules of Play: When it's a player's turn, they must play a valid card or draw one card from the stock within 5 to 7 seconds or they get a penalty card for delay of game, unless he says "Hold on" and has a large number of cards, then he has up to a minute to play a valid card or draw from the stock. Once you touch the stock, you have to take the top card of the stock, even if it's unintentional (unless if you're giving a penalty). If you draw more cards, then you have to keep these cards in your hand. Valid cards are those that match the suit or number of the top face-up card. Jacks are also valid cards since they are wild. Important: Jacks can't be played on Jacks. Doing so would result in a misplay penalty.

Special Cards: These cards have certain effects on the game:

Ace - Reverse

2 - Player plays again (unless it's his last card.)

3 - If a player plays a 3, the next player has to play a 3 or draw 3 cards. If he players a 3, then the player after him must play a 3 or draw 6 cards, etc. The way of saying it is: If a player plays a 3, the next player must play a 3 or draw (NumberOfConsecutiveThrees * 3) cards.

4 - If a player plays a 4, the next player must play a 4 or draw (NumberOfConsecutiveFours) cards.

6 - Previous player draws 2 cards.

7 - If a player plays a 7, the next player must play a 7 or draw (NumberOfConsecutiveSevens * 2) cards.

8 - Skip

9 - Player plays again (unless it's his last card) and everyone else draws one card (unless it's the player's last card).

When a 9 is played, the drawing of cards start with the person who was scheduled to play after the player of the 9 and go in the direction of play, finally to the player who is before the player of the 9. Then the player of the 9 gets to play again after everyone else has drawn one card.

10 - Player says "Have a (Very * (NumberOfConsecutiveTens - 1)) Nice Day."

Jack - Wild Card

Whenever a jack is played, the player has to hold the card with his finger and call the suit of the next card to be played and release his finger on the card. If he releases his finger before he calls the suit, then the first player to call the suit has control on the suit of the next card will be. Jacks may not be played on jacks.

Queen - Previous player draws one card.

Spades - Any player who plays any spade must name the spade. Example: If a player plays the five of spades, he must say "five of spades."

The Multiples Rule: Whenever a card is played on the same card, he must say "two" if the card being played is the second consecutive one (ie if the previous card is the same one). If the previous two cards are the same one as the card he's playing, then he must say "three," etc.

Multiple calls: If a card being played requires the player to say more than one thing, he must say all the things required. For example, if he plays the first ten of spades on top of a card that isn't a ten, then he must say "Ten of Spades, have a nice day."

Point Of Order: Whenever someone wants to ask a question, he must call a point of order (If he asks a question outside of a point of order, he gets a penalty card). During a point of order, no penalties are to be given and no one is allowed to look at their cards and any questions that need to be asked or things that need to be said can be done during a point of order.

Ending a Point of Order: The caller of the point of order or the oldest player in the group can end a point of order after talking has stopped. If talking has stopped for a period of time (say, 10 seconds) and neither the caller of the point of order nor the oldest player ends the point of order by saying 'End Point Of Order,' everyone else can agree to end the point of order by saying 'End Point of Order' together.

Ending the game: If after a player who plays a card, which results in his having one card left, he must say 'Last Card.' If he has no cards left, he says 'Mao,' unless he plays a jack, where he has to say 'Mao Mao,' and he wins the game. Note: If the card played requires you to say something, you must say every element you're required to say before saying 'Last Card,' 'Mao,' or 'Mao Mao.'

Penalties: There are lots of penalties in the game. When a player is giving a penalty card, he must say the reason for the penalty. If the penalty giver gives a bad call, the player's he's giving the penalty to gives the card back to him and says 'Bad Call.' After a penalty is given, the recipient of the penalty card must say 'Thank You,' and that includes penalty cards incurred for failure to say 'Thank You.'

Failure to name a Spade - One card penalty.

Misplay - Someone screws up and makes an invalid play, jack on jack or 9 of clubs on a 7 of diamonds or plays a card when he must be drawing cards - One card penalty and player takes back his card.

Looking At Cards Before Game Begins - One Card Penalty.

Delay Of Game (Taking more than 5 to 7 seconds to play or draw cards) - One Card Penalty.

Playing Out of Turn - One Card Penalty and player takes back his card.

Failure to say "Have a nice day." - One Card Penalty.

Asking Questions Outside of a Point Of Order - One Card Penalty.

Swearing - One Card Penalty.

Malice (other than swearing) - One Card Penalty.

Rudeness - One Card Penalty.

Failure to Say 'Thank You' After a Penalty - One Card Penalty.

Failure to Draw Cards when required (can only happen after a 6 or queen has been played) - One Card Penalty.

Giving a Penalty during a point of order - one card penalty.

Looking at cards during a point of order - one card penalty.

Failure to Say Very(s) - one card penalty per 'very' forgotten.

Failure to Say Correct Multiple - one card penalty.

Saying the Incorrect Multiple - one card penalty.

Failure to Say Last Card - one card penalty.

Faliure to Say Mao - one card penalty.

Saying Mao instead of Mao Mao - one card penalty.

Failure to Say Mao Mao - two card penalty.

Multiple Penalty Calls: This is when a player breaks more than one rule in the game. He is given the same number of cards as the number of rules he has broken. (For example: If a player plays a 7 of clubs on a 6 of diamonds, and it's not his turn, he gets 2 penalty cards and takes his card back, one for playing out of turn and one for misplay.)

Old 09-29-2002, 05:06 PM   #12
Tessellation
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by scouse_dave:
india
samosa.....yum.

Old 09-29-2002, 05:41 PM   #13
Eulogy
huh

Italy and France

Old 09-29-2002, 09:32 PM   #14
scouse_dave
Minion of Satan

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Tessellation:
samsa.....yum.
perv

Old 09-29-2002, 10:12 PM   #15
Lie
Socialphobic

Italy and Greece.

Old 09-29-2002, 10:13 PM   #16
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

Red face

my fridge. mmmm taquitos.

Old 09-29-2002, 10:28 PM   #17
jenniferkate
bitch please.

http://www.whitedog.com/

------------------
god, did you remember to render everything?

Elizabeth Hasselbeck is dumber than (1) a bag of hammers (2) a sack of wet, disoriented mice who have been concussed with hammers (3) a lobotomized Joey Lawrence.

Old 09-29-2002, 10:40 PM   #18
Tessellation
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by scouse_dave:
perv

that was needless...

Old 09-29-2002, 11:00 PM   #19
Undone
Apocalyptic Poster

The ground.

Old 09-29-2002, 11:06 PM   #20
Smiley33
Minion of Satan

Thumbs up

my grandmother's cookbook.

Old 09-30-2002, 07:25 AM   #21
The Gaddrow
Minion of Satan

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Tessellation:
that was needless...
As are you.

------------------
It's these moments of clarity that cripple me most.

Old 09-30-2002, 09:04 AM   #22
BlueStar
Newly independent

Arrow

France, Italy, and Spain.

------------------
~*~Samantha~*~

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~sag249/sigankle.jpg

Old 09-30-2002, 08:59 PM   #23
Mr. Rhinoceros

Thumbs up

I'm always down with spic and wop cuisine.

------------------
Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you.