Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2017, 11:19 PM   #61
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

You guys need to smoke some shabu and calm the fuck down.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:22 PM   #62
fuzzyroes
Banned

I'm a Trump supporter and that isn't any lie. The older I get, the more right-wing I become. There's this political correctness surge that's sweeping the nation and it's incredibly dangerous.

I know everyone buys the media talking points on Trump, but I'm frankly ecstatic that an outsiders found his way into the oval office, and I don't think Trumps gonna be pushed around by anyone. It's gonna be entertaining to see how this plays out... I still predict he'll be assassinated or drop dead from some suspicious "heart-attack" or something like that.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:22 PM   #63
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
It's called Down Syndrome, buddy. Only people belittling the disability refer to it as "Downs".
Although it's plain enough that you're mostly trying to wind him up, the possessive naming comes from the fact that the condition was first described by a lad named Johnny Langdon Down. Similar deal to Parkinson's, Huntington's, Alzheimer's, etc.

I don't believe that its official renaming to Down Syndrome in the United States relates to any sort of offensive connotations held by the nomenclature of old and I'm pretty sure it's still known as Down's Syndrome in the United Kingdom.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:32 PM   #64
redbreegull

Quote:
some suspicious "heart-attack" or something like that.
he's 70 years old dumbass

he's the oldest and one of the most overweight men to ever hold the office. he could quite possibly drop dead tomorrow from all the nights he spent eating candy alone in his room during his parties in the 70s

Old 01-18-2017, 11:33 PM   #65
redbreegull

also lol at jesus doing fuzzy's twisting of a story thing back to him and him freaking out

and the kicker? the part he twisted was not fuzzy making a joke about his coworker being disabled because that actually happened

Old 01-18-2017, 11:57 PM   #66
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 01-19-2017, 12:06 AM   #67
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
also lol at jesus doing fuzzy's twisting of a story thing back to him and him freaking out

and the kicker? the part he twisted was not fuzzy making a joke about his coworker being disabled because that actually happened
Freaking out? No no no, you've got that wrong. I'm as calm as the Dead Sea.

I just don't believe that the man should be up in arms, causing a stir, creating angry threads when he's guilty of the exact same behavior that he's accusing Poots of. Seems simple enough to understand, no?

Old 01-19-2017, 12:17 AM   #68
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Who is the one defending a white supremacist?

Old 01-19-2017, 12:21 AM   #69
redbreegull

lol bonnie racism is just an opinion we can all get along

Old 01-19-2017, 12:24 AM   #70
FoolofaTook

Fuzzy are you trolling? What's dangerous about political correctness? What's wrong about being extra careful not to hurt people who have been hurt in the past?

Old 01-19-2017, 12:26 AM   #71
FoolofaTook

Every time toase posts I see abbath's wicked warlocks grin gleaming with the fury of Blaksrhhrgk's undead solar suns.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:30 AM   #72
FoolofaTook

Earlier today I was admiring Abbaths lyrics:

Its a great day for fire
Its a great day for wrath
Its a warriors desire
Ride down the mountainside

Blinding days in the desert
Blinding sun in our eyes
Mighty cities before us
Ride with our hands held high!

And I visualize these Cimerian dudes wearing horned helmets and furry speedos riding on stallions waving halberds at a dying sun.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:31 AM   #73
redbreegull

I don't know if other people feel this way, but I think five years ago had you asked a bunch of liberals to define political correctness and whether they were for it, they would have said it means something like a constraining system of communication with too many rules that doesn't allow us to have honest discussions about important issues as a product of the sanitized, conservative social atmosphere of the 1980s and 90s, and no, they don't support that.

then suddenly conservatives decided political correctness means people not being ok with them being publicly racist

Old 01-19-2017, 12:32 AM   #74
redbreegull

gosh political correctness bums me out I just want to tell the world I hate muslims

Old 01-19-2017, 12:33 AM   #75
FoolofaTook

Why five years ago? Thats sounds aboit

Old 01-19-2017, 12:35 AM   #76
FoolofaTook

It seems to me there have always been ppl for both of those views.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:36 AM   #77
FoolofaTook

They're both wrong but the conservatives are evil as well.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:45 AM   #78
redbreegull

I think I picked 5 years ago because I was in school then pursuing a liberal arts degree at a hippie dippie institution, and my perception is that the concept of political correctness and what it means for identity politics was different then.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:52 AM   #79
FoolofaTook

Ah. Yeah I went to a private christian white college where prize students would write articles in the school paper questioning the worth of black history month.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:53 AM   #80
FoolofaTook

They wore WWJD bracelets tho so its all good.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:00 AM   #81
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Ah. Yeah I went to a private christian white college where prize students would write articles in the school paper questioning the worth of black history month.
there are rich shit eaters like that at every college but yeah they were pretty outnumbered where I was. the college republicans would whine about being oppressed all the time. like why the fuck are you at a public liberal arts college known for being a hippie haven

but yeah these days liberals have to rush to defend PC because conservatives have made it about their right to be hateful, but I don't think PC was generally thought of as a desirable thing even by liberals and academics a few years ago. The whole concept was perceived differently. Like I said, I think it was more a set of constrictions to keep the public sphere sterile and controversy-free. Bill Maher's show was called politically incorrect, right?

for instance, if I were to say US foreign policy played a role in 9/11, that would have been a politically incorrect thing to say

Old 01-19-2017, 01:06 AM   #82
FoolofaTook

I see what you're saying. Sorry I'm a bit slow. The drugs, you know.

Also too much Abbath.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:07 AM   #83
FoolofaTook

I suppose it depends in part on who you hear using the term. I am around a lot of dunderheads these days.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:08 AM   #84
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Fuzzy are you trolling? What's dangerous about political correctness? What's wrong about being extra careful not to hurt people who have been hurt in the past?
Political Correctness is a plague that's sweeping our nations.

Did you read the latest New York Times article that was ranting and raving because the new Mario Brothers game is apparently "sexist"?

Yeah, they were raving and screaming that since the womans held hostage and that Mario has to save her and she happens to kiss Mario when he rescues her that it's sexist to women, and apparently theres a scene where the princess gives Mario a cake and all of the SJW's were losing there shit about that.

Or take that old Christmas anthem "baby it's cold outside" All the freaks were freaking out cause it's a man trying to persuade a woman to spend the night and that they perceive it as the "man pressuring her" so a lot of stations banned the song.

I mean give me a fucking break. These people suffer from mental illness. I'm ecstatic that Trumps given a nice plump kick to the balls of this PC madness.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:10 AM   #85
FoolofaTook

So are you in favor of banning the banning of songs?

Old 01-19-2017, 01:11 AM   #86
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
lol bonnie racism is just an opinion we can all get along
Careful, soon fuzz'll scream that you said "racism" and demand political correctness when it comes to treatment of racist rhetoric

Old 01-19-2017, 01:12 AM   #87
redbreegull

i'm surprised he can even breathe given the endless stream of shit coming out of his mouth

Old 01-19-2017, 01:14 AM   #88
fuzzyroes
Banned

It's these fucked up eugenicists who are trying to strip men of their masculinity and women of their femininity. It's politically incorrect to even embrace ones masculinity/femininity these days and now we're just left with Lena Dunhams

http://hw.infowars.com/wp-content/up...en-extinct.jpg

Old 01-19-2017, 01:14 AM   #89
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Political Correctness is a plague that's sweeping our nations.

Did you read the latest New York Times article that was ranting and raving because the new Mario Brothers game is apparently "sexist"?

Yeah, they were raving and screaming that since the womans held hostage and that Mario has to save her and she happens to kiss Mario when he rescues her that it's sexist to women, and apparently theres a scene where the princess gives Mario a cake and all of the SJW's were losing there shit about that.

Or take that old Christmas anthem "baby it's cold outside" All the freaks were freaking out cause it's a man trying to persuade a woman to spend the night and that they perceive it as the "man pressuring her" so a lot of stations banned the song.

I mean give me a fucking break. These people suffer from mental illness. I'm ecstatic that Trumps given a nice plump kick to the balls of this PC madness.
Ya inspiring people that definitely know better to innapropriately touch others. It's great

Our little world, the bubble of north america, has become much safer and kinder as a result of being conscious of what we do and why we do it rather than just clinging to tradition. That song is creepy. Those tropes are sexist. Just because you don't want to face that and it bothers you to know that you're also creepy and sexist doesn't mean you get to force others to remain stagnant.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:15 AM   #90
FoolofaTook

Fuzzy can you imagine getting raped? Or being shamed for who you are? Don't you some allowances sbould be made for these over-reactions?