Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2015, 07:42 PM   #91
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I hear you guys on the other points like where do you put a car in a city and all that but maybe the problem is the city

Old 11-18-2015, 07:43 PM   #92
vixnix
Socialphobic

Yeah Pete built Fiver this enclosure on the balcony which is more than enough, really...but in reality the gate stays open all the time and he hops up and down the balcony which is about twice as long as you can see here. So he gets to hop a lot. You can see the mess he's made with his hay. And also how he spreads out all his food dishes. He seems to love spreading everything out.

He also has an exercise pen that we put out for him in the back yard, so he can eat grass and hop around. We stick this old cardboard box in there, on its side, and he goes inside it and sleeps when he's tired. Spoiled bunny. But he's our only pet, now

Old 11-18-2015, 07:45 PM   #93
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I'd let Fiver in my car because he sounds like a good guy. You and Pete can come too. Even yo soy if she'd even get in. I wouldn't take any photos of you sleepin'

Old 11-18-2015, 08:01 PM   #94
reprise85
Wizard

Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
so true

sick days at work can be tough... i worked at a company where everyone always took all their sick days, and it was accepted and expected

my company now frowns upon them hardcore... some people never use them, and I only use 2-3 per year of my allocated 8 or so.
my company is like that too. i dont get paid sick days, but the full timers get something like 5-8 per year. but on your performance report, even an excused absence counts against you. if you have 2 in 6 months you get a 4 out of 9. which is a lot of points, it can make a big difference in your pay level since the difference in the higher levels are just 5-10 points apart.

last review i got a fucking 1 out of 9 because the stupid system counted all of my days out because i couldn't hear as individual instances when they should have counted as one. they are supposedly going to fix it but right now on my record i looks like i call out every two weeks (13 times in 6 months). it should actually be 3. which yea is too much but it's not 13

Old 11-18-2015, 08:06 PM   #95
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
I'd let Fiver in my car because he sounds like a good guy. You and Pete can come too. Even yo soy if she'd even get in. I wouldn't take any photos of you sleepin'
It's just a matter of saving up and finding time, now. What time of year do you reckon is best, to visit NJ? My favourite time of the year to travel is autumn.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:11 PM   #96
reprise85
Wizard

Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.

turdlion can back me up here probably. south florida driving sucks more the further south you go. in miami, laws are basically suggestions, including traffic lights. where i am, traffic is generally okish from may-oct and then terrible for the rest of the year when the snowbirds come back down here. in my area in particular we have a lot of french canadian snowbirds (not sure why they come to my town in particular, when i lived a couple miles away i didnt even know canadian snowbirds were a thing). the store i work at also almost doubles it sales in the winter months compared to summer.

the past few weeks im starting to see some more shitty driving situations. its not even the snowbirds necessarily, its the volume of traffic on the road that causes small mistakes to be harder to correct/avoid. people are getting impatient too. lots of situations where people honk at me and angrily go around me only to end up in the same place or even further behind me. i've watched too many fatal car accidents on the internet. or perhaps just the right amount. im not going to rush for anyone or go out of my comfort zone. which is generally 5-10 mph above the speed limit and not tailgating people.

i technically live in an urban area but it's really more like in between suburban and urban... it's not like gated communities and zero lot lines but it's also not miles and miles of walkable blocks. i park in a driveway so i have no parking issues.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:27 PM   #97
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

if you ever want to really freak a european out, try explaining sick days, maternity leave, and vacation time in the US.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:20 PM   #98
reprise85
Wizard

my left ear is clogged. this isnt supposed to happen with tubes. starting antibiotic drops. ugh.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:42 PM   #99
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
It's just a matter of saving up and finding time, now. What time of year do you reckon is best, to visit NJ? My favourite time of the year to travel is autumn.
Spring, early summer, and autumn. Even late summer can be fine. It doesn't get much hotter here than it does there. Don't visit in winter, because it'll be a real shock.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:43 PM   #100
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Spring and early summer are best plant and weather wise in my opinion at least

Old 11-19-2015, 08:57 AM   #101
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
my left ear is clogged. this isnt supposed to happen with tubes. starting antibiotic drops. ugh.
No it's not.. I'm sorry When are you supposed to get those out?

Old 11-19-2015, 09:00 AM   #102
Starla

Quote:
Some Jehovah's Witnesses have been coming around to out house and talking with me and leaving their books. I haven't known how to avoid being nice, and conversational with them. We actually share a lot of the same ideas...not about God or anything - we haven't really talked about that. But about raising kids. Anyway, they asked if I could spare some time so they could come and talk to me about a topic from a book they have left me, called "What Does the Bible Really Teach?". And I just wanted to be kind and accommodating, so now they're coming over tomorrow afternoon.

I feel like it's just going to get worse and worse, because the more I let them into the house and talk to them, the more they'll expect me to join their church, which I don't want to do, after reading all the stuff at the ex-jw sites. But I don't know how to break it off, now. They left me a mobile number so I could take the coward's route and send them an SMS politely asking them not to come back but I have no idea how to word something like that.

They have been canvassing my area for a month. They will keep coming back until I open the door. It happens every year... so i eventually have to open up and turn them down politely. My mom used to tell me that keeping a Mary statue and crucifix on the front door keeps them away.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:29 AM   #103
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

You can ward them off with garlic, apparently

Old 11-19-2015, 09:31 AM   #104
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

but seriously, I've heard that if you tell them you're a former Jehova's Witness but have been kicked out, excommunicated or whatever, they aren't allowed contact with you and will leave you alone

Old 11-19-2015, 11:04 AM   #105
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."
Red face

Quote:
don't visit Nj. Why do this to yourself?

I mean sure not all of NJ is as depressingly want-to-kill-yourself ugly as say Newark or Camden. But even the less ugly pats are still nothing special. There's like dozens of other states more worth visiting. They can't even make their capital look nice. On the 6th day the lord took a shit and that shit became known as New Jersey. If you go i hope Bonnie has the decency to reimburse you for the trip.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:05 AM   #106
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."
Red face

Quote:
I loooove having a car but I'm young and carefree and lazy. I enjoy driving on twisty, hilly, rural roads surrounded by trees. I'm able to travel to somewhat far away places where I can hike. I can transport stuff like furniture (I do a lot of this...) and take my dog with me on drives. So what can I say? I have an attachment to my car. I also totally understand how nice it is to drive different vehicles and enjoy their merits
why don't you use it to run away from NJ?

Old 11-19-2015, 11:08 AM   #107
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

and ya even if i could ever afford a car, which i likely never will, it's a fucking headache in a city and jut not worth it at all. For one in the winter you have to get up like every other morning to switch it to the other side of the street and just that alone would drive me batshit.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:25 AM   #108
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

What's wrong with NJ? Do you not like blueberries?

Old 11-19-2015, 11:39 AM   #109
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

NJ is great. A blue state overall with lots of diversity, opportunities, and a high standard of living. It's close to New York City and Philadelphia. Some parts are better than others. But you can enjoy some high quality hiking and nature reserves and also go out to eat at any sort of restaurant you'd want. Or be able to get affordable groceries within a reasonable distance. I also forgot to mention that there's a lot of history, too. I mean heck. My parent's house is near a house built in 1770.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:44 AM   #110
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

No sales tax on clothes or food. Really high property and income taxes. Some decent to very good universities, like Rutgers or Princeton. Some pockets of good schools.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #111
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

one could always go to any of the New England states if they want history....and more charming looking scenery. Vermont alone has NJ beat for high quality hiking. Even upstate New York does.

NJ probably comes like number 48 or something on states one must visit list.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:48 AM   #112
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

It's not the perfect state but it's New Jersey and it's my home and there's definitely a lot to love and if you ignore all that then just fuck off already ok!!!

Old 11-19-2015, 11:52 AM   #113
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
one could always go to any of the New England states if they want history....and more charming looking scenery. Vermont alone has NJ beat for high quality hiking. Even upstate New York does.

NJ probably comes like number 48 or something on states one must visit list.

Fuck you

Old 11-19-2015, 12:36 PM   #114
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan

Location: Church of United Bald Lords, praying for your souls

Quote:
I loooove having a car but I'm young and carefree and lazy. I enjoy driving on twisty, hilly, rural roads surrounded by trees. I'm able to travel to somewhat far away places where I can hike. I can transport stuff like furniture (I do a lot of this...) and take my dog with me on drives. So what can I say? I have an attachment to my car. I also totally understand how nice it is to drive different vehicles and enjoy their merits
yeah, honestly sometimes i just kind of want to sell what i have & just sort of rent periodically or something, when i really needed it

though that'd probably end up being more expensive than actually owning a car so realistically i'd probably just end up biking & walking all the time again, despite living in a generally "car-centric" city

Old 11-19-2015, 12:45 PM   #115
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
NJ is great. A blue state overall with lots of diversity, opportunities, and a high standard of living. It's close to New York City and Philadelphia. Some parts are better than others. But you can enjoy some high quality hiking and nature reserves and also go out to eat at any sort of restaurant you'd want. Or be able to get affordable groceries within a reasonable distance. I also forgot to mention that there's a lot of history, too. I mean heck. My parent's house is near a house built in 1770.
Don't forget blue laws, gas station attendants, shitty roads with huge barriers in the middle that don't let you turn across them, and insane taxes.

North & East Jersey is a cesspool. South is OK. Still has archaic laws.

If you want to visit the NE, everyone just go to NY, Pennsylvania or Connecticut. Massachusetts is cool too.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:49 PM   #116
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Red face

Quote:
It's not the perfect state but it's New Jersey and it's my home and there's definitely a lot to love and if you ignore all that then just fuck off already ok!!!
As a lifelong resident you're just biased in favor of NJ.

Whereas as a visitor and outsider i'm biased against it.

The truth is it's probably not worse than living on the gaza strip no matter what i may think.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:55 PM   #117
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
Don't forget blue laws, gas station attendants, shitty roads with huge barriers in the middle that don't let you turn across them, and insane taxes.

North & East Jersey is a cesspool. South is OK. Still has archaic laws.

If you want to visit the NE, everyone just go to NY, Pennsylvania or Connecticut. Massachusetts is cool too.
What state doesn't have (at least some kind of) blue laws? It's New Jersey, not the Bible Belt. Our roads are not great. Gas station attendants are great. Oregon, home of the beloved Portland, also has mandatory attendants.

PA is home to Banana and Banana-like people. Do you really want to advocate that others go there, ninsp?

Old 11-19-2015, 01:56 PM   #118
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

All this being said, I think I would like to live in upstate New York for some time. This is because it's like a more remote, unspoiled NJ.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:36 PM   #119
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Yay I arrived early at work (by about 20 minutes) and the director that is working with me just sent a message saying he'll be late for like an hour...

Gonna put my waiting hat on.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:03 PM   #120
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

West Virginia Wild and Wonderful~