Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2006, 05:33 AM   #1
PkPhuoko
Minion of Satan

Default 14 games left in the NBA season... what are your predictions?

with 14 games left in the season what are your predictions for how things play out? Who wins the southwest? Who makes the playoffs? Who gets MVP?

IMO Dirk gets MVP.... he's doing this season what steve nash did for his team last year. San Antonio and Detroit have just as good of records but they don't have one single dominant force like Dirk is to the mavs.

As far as playoffs heres what things look like now...

EAST

1. Detroit --
2. Miami 9.5
3. New Jersey 15.5
4. Cleveland 15.5
5. Washington 19.5
6. Indiana 19.5
7. Milwaukee 20.5
8. Philadelphia 22.0
9. Chicago 25.5
10. Boston 26.0
11. Toronto 29.5
12. Orlando 29.5

I think philly screws up and either Chicago or Boston slides in instead

for the west

1. San Antonio --
2. Phoenix 7.0
3. Denver 14.5
4. Dallas --
5. LA Clippers 13.0
6. Memphis 14.5
7. LA Lakers 18.0
8. Sacramento 19.0
9. New Orl/OKC 19.5
10. Utah 20.5

I think Dallas ends up winning the West outright. I see the Lakers falling out and New Orleans/OKC getting in

Old 03-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #2
Radiofred
Apocalyptic Poster

I think Shawn Kemp will get MVP..............Show's you how long it's been since i kept up to date with the NBA. I wish i still played basketball.

Are Seattle not playing anymore? You're list doesn't ******* them.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #3
Orenthal James
Minion of Satan

the knicks are terrible

Old 03-23-2006, 02:23 PM   #4
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

http://images.art.com/images/product...0/10109147.jpg

beat the

http://www.buckleshop.com/images/2206e.jpg

in the finals.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
Boner

Well the East is pretty much a given. You can just about put it on the board that Detroit Basketball and the Dwayne Wade Show will meet in the Finals and the series will go a minimum of 6 games but probably 7. IF the Mourning injury is season-ending, the Heat could be in trouble though, as he has been a surprisingly valuable player to their team this year. If Mourning does not return, If Miami, slips I expect the Nets to knock them out in the 2nd round. They are the only other team with a shot of making it to the Eastern Conference Finals because the 4-seed Cavs will draw Detroit Basketball in the 2nd round meaning an early exit.

On the other hand, the Western Conference is way more wide open then people think. I'm an MFFL and hope to hell the Mavs somehow win the Conference, but I really think that the Spurs, Suns, Mavs, Nuggets or even the Clippers could get on a run and win the West. Everyone is gonna be all over the Spurs' cocks come playoff time cuz they play "half-court playoff basketball" and because they've "been their before." Well, if Amare comes back healthy, Kurt Thomas returns and Tim Thomas continues to excel in the system, look out Spurs cuz you just may get niggerized by Phoenix. If the Mavs get healthy and Dirk shows up for the playoffs this year, they pose a threat to the Spurs as well though I think they need home court advantage to do it. And the real sleepers are Denver and the Clippers in the even that they have healthy Camby/Martin/Mello/RPatterson and Maggette/Cassell/Brand/Kaman/Mobley respectively. The problem is that health has been a serious issue for the Thuggets and Clippers.

I really do not think the Spurs will come out of the West.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:20 PM   #6
Shapan
Socialphobic

i still think miami had a better team last year.

when the POs are set ill give my predictions, not sure if kobe and the kids can hold off katrina. i want NO to make it because i think that'll be really cool considering all the adversity they've gone through, but i think the lakers would have a better chance of pulling an upset because kobe is that good.

it'll probably be the pistons over the spurs in 6 or 7 in the finals. that'll be a good series no one will watch.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:39 PM   #7
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapan
that'll be a good series no one will watch.
It was a good series last year and nobody watched it.

A Lakers/Knicks Finals is about the only Finals scenario that would be a guarantee to print money...unfortunately for them this season, the Knicks couldn't beat some college teams, and despite what Kobe probably thinks, one-man teams don't win championships.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:42 PM   #8
PkPhuoko
Minion of Satan

I really think this could be dallas's year in the west.... Avery has everything working smoothly.... and the big thing is they're coming from behind now and then. Last year and year before they couldnt come from behind to save their lives.... this year they do it with grace. They dont freak out if they get down nowadays

Old 03-23-2006, 04:46 PM   #9
Orenthal James
Minion of Satan

The Magic are going to be fucking awesome in two years.

mark it, dude

Old 03-23-2006, 04:49 PM   #10
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Detrot def. Spurs 4-3

Old 03-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #11
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenthal James
The Magic are going to be fucking awesome in two years.

mark it, dude
Only because Detroit traded Darko to them!

Old 03-23-2006, 04:53 PM   #12
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Milwaukee will be the first round upset special. I really like Bogut.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:00 PM   #13
ziggy gaydust
Apocalyptic Poster

dallas in our current state is in deep shit with 4 injuries. Not having KVH hurt us last year and if we do not have devin harris (the spurs killer) healthy in the playoffs we are done in the 2nd round again.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:01 PM   #14
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boner
Well the East is pretty much a given. You can just about put it on the board that Detroit Basketball and the Dwayne Wade Show will meet in the Finals and the series will go a minimum of 6 games but probably 7. IF the Mourning injury is season-ending, the Heat could be in trouble though, as he has been a surprisingly valuable player to their team this year. If Mourning does not return, If Miami, slips I expect the Nets to knock them out in the 2nd round. They are the only other team with a shot of making it to the Eastern Conference Finals because the 4-seed Cavs will draw Detroit Basketball in the 2nd round meaning an early exit.
I wouldn't be shocked if Detroit gets upset in the second round. Ever since the All-Star break, Detroit either has been going through the motions and saving their best basketball for the playoffs, or have just not been playing up to the standards of the earlier part of the season. Either way, they've kinda tailed off. Had they been playing currently as well as they had been playing earlier in the season, they'd be at least three games up on the Mavs and Spurs for best record in the league. C'mon, the Pistons dropped one to the freaking KNICKS! If they don't look out, they'll wind up with the second-best record in the NBA, which might have been the difference last year when they came up one game short of a championship (Rasheed Wallace not guarding Big Shot Bob aside).

Kick up that energy level a notch, boys! Don't be afraid to dish it to Big Ben and have him post up! Don't always settle for jumpers and threes! And play tighter defense!

Old 03-23-2006, 05:04 PM   #15
ziggy gaydust
Apocalyptic Poster

keep in mind that, while very good, part of the pistons stellar record did have to do with them being in the eastern conference. The east sucks extremely bad this year, and everyone there who started off looking good has declined besides the Nets and the Heat.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:09 PM   #16
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy gaydust
keep in mind that, while very good, part of the pistons stellar record did have to do with them being in the eastern conference. The east sucks extremely bad this year, and everyone there who started off looking good has declined besides the Nets and the Heat.
Indeed that is part of it. However, I still think Detroit could hold their own in the West...they might not be the top team, but they'd certainly be top 3.

Don't count out LeBron and the Cavs, either.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #17
ziggy gaydust
Apocalyptic Poster

you mean don't count out LeBron....the cavs suck

Old 03-23-2006, 05:14 PM   #18
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Considering the aforementioned sorry state of the East, a team like the Cavs (who are basically the East's version of the Lakers) could potentially go far in their conference's playoffs.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #19
ziggy gaydust
Apocalyptic Poster

that is true but they still are not a very good basketball team....what is that frizzy haired motherfuckers name?

Old 03-23-2006, 05:21 PM   #20
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Varejo?

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/...on_varejao.jpg

Old 03-23-2006, 05:25 PM   #21
FearFactory
Socialphobic

my prediction is that I won't watch the blacksketball playoffs, or even pay attention to them.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:31 AM   #22
Shapan
Socialphobic

Quote:
lebron is way too passive. i can just see the game on the line in a game 7 and he passes up a shot to an open eric snow, who clanks it. yeah he hit a game-winner just recently, but hes still overall too passive in clutch situations.

i know hes unselfish and all that crap but sometimes you just need to take the shot.

flip murray has been a great addition to that team though. great fill for larry hughes. hughes is an awesome player, too bad hes been sidetracked by all the injuries this year.

washington filled his shoes quickly with caron butler. how the lakers traded butler for that trash kwame brown ill never know.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:35 AM   #23
ziggy gaydust
Apocalyptic Poster

lebron is young as shit. we will see what happens when he finally gets to a true big game situation. I have a feeling it will be different from his regular season mishaps.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:38 AM   #24
Shapan
Socialphobic

lets hope so.

oh, and while watching the clips and griz go at it today, whichever one of those teams that plays denver in the 3/6 match will beat the nugs.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:41 AM   #25
ziggy gaydust
Apocalyptic Poster

no one is beating nuggets other than mavs, suns, or spurs. The nuggets are one of the top teams in the NBA they just don't get the credit. Pau was an all star over fucking carmelo????? PLEASE! carmelo is on the same level as dwayne wade and lebron he has just been the "slowest" to develop, if you can call routine 30 pt games slow.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:57 AM   #26
Shapan
Socialphobic

Quote:
carmelo is on the same level as dwayne wade and lebron
wow. no.

carmelo is a scorer, lebron and dwyane can actually do other things.

Old 03-24-2006, 03:01 AM   #27
ziggy gaydust
Apocalyptic Poster

first of all melo shoots the three better than either of them. his once suspect defense has come along in leaps and bounds. he gets to the hole extremely well and gets alot of contact/calls with his size. he is money as shit in the clutch. his main problem is mental right now i.e. good passes out of double teams, getting team mates involved. like i said he has come along a little slower but he is an upper echelon player, among the ranks of lebron and wade, slightly behind for now.

Old 03-24-2006, 03:13 AM   #28
Shapan
Socialphobic

hes behind right now. not extremely far behind, but hes still behind.

passing is definitely a more vital part of basketball than three point shooting. i think lebron shoots threes just as well as carmelo though, (actually im pretty sure lebron doesnt only shoot better from behind the arc but probably makes at least one more per game) and dwyane simply doesnt take many threes. dwyane's jump shots are always mid-range because hes always looking to drive, i dont think u should penalize him for that. dwyane and lebron still average more points than carmelo.

Old 03-24-2006, 03:20 AM   #29
ziggy gaydust
Apocalyptic Poster

dwayne is like 3 for 36 for threes on the year, he is awful at it. regardless you are correct they are better than him, and lebron is far better. I am just saying he is mentioned in the same breath as them, with the potential to be that good. you can learn to pass. he has the raw talent to be dwaynes equal i believe. I don't know if anyone except kobe has lebrons type of talent in the league.

Old 03-24-2006, 03:20 AM   #30
Apocalyptic Poster

The lakers will get into the playoffs as the 7th seed and upset whoever they face in the first round. An ecstatic kobe bryant will celebrate his first playoff series win without shaq by raping teammate sasha vujacic.