Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2014, 11:03 PM   #181
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
They should have made it one per customer. I bet most of these went to people who want to flip them on eBay.
There's already a couple of listings on ebay selling it for $600.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:11 PM   #182
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
There's already a couple of listings on ebay selling it for $600.
That's shitty. I might be in the minority here, but I think it's pretty shitty for people to do that. Doubt anyone would hunker down that much for it, though.

I got a copy of the 2nd pressing. I'm actually interested in the musical content, as I've been collecting a lot of experimental recordings for a while. Seeing that corgan has been dabbling with musique concrete lately, I'm really interested to see what this is all about. And yes, I do like the idea of owning a rare collectible on top of that.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:29 PM   #183
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

I agree. It is awful.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:00 AM   #184
Ram27
dumb

so is there a torrent yet and is it worth it?

Old 05-16-2014, 06:28 AM   #185
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

$595
http://m.ebay.com/itm/281338735401

http://m.ebay.com/itm/271459203065
Scalping fuckheads

The first one that went up for bidding already doubled - currently $142.
I didn't expect a bunch of people would bid more than $100 for it, right away.
Sure, numbered first pressing, autographed, colored vinyl.

But what kind of collector is paying that price for it before you have any info if the pressing is fucked somewhere, if this aqua vinyl looks like shit, if the sound is one big headache? And if 20 copies might not show up on eBay within weeks?

If there are only 50 copies, okay. But blindly paying $600 for one of 500 doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Last edited by pavementtune : 05-16-2014 at 07:00 AM.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:41 AM   #186
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

It's the same old story with such limited releases...

Quote:
Paul Weller has said that he won't be taking part in Record Store Day in the future after seeing his 2014 release sold online at vastly inflated prices.

Weller put out a one-off 7-inch, 'Brand New Toy', for this year's Record Store Day, which took place on Saturday (April 19). As with a majority of other releases this year, copies of the record appeared on eBay later that same day while other fans complained of the release being sold out as soon as record shops opened their doors.

Addressing the issue on his official website, Weller attacks the "touts" selling the limited edition Record Store Day releases and states that the online sale of records "goes against the whole philosophy" behind the annual event.

"I agree with all of you who have sent messages expressing your anger and disappointment at the exploitation of these "limited editions" by touts," Weller writes. "Apart from making the record, the rest has very little to do with me but I am disheartened by the whole thing and unfortunately I won't be taking part in Record Store Day again."

He continues: "It's such a shame because as you know I am a big supporter of independent record stores but the greedy touts making a fast buck off genuine fans is disgusting and goes against the whole philosophy of RSD. It only takes a few to spoil a wonderful concept for everyone else. Shame on those touts."

It was not just Paul Weller who saw limited edition Record Store Day releases being sold online on Saturday. Stereogum reports that bids on copies of Jack White's record breaking 7-inch release of 'Lazaretto' had reached over $600 (£350) while releases by LCD Soundsystem, REM and Pixies were also being traded for hundreds of pounds.
Source:
http://www.nme.com/news/paul-weller/...dLFESbJVvPi.99

Old 05-16-2014, 10:10 AM   #187
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

This is some fucked up shit.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:14 AM   #188
Tootles
Demi-God

Yea that is some fucked up shit. People selling this album that all we have heard from the netphoria crowd how bad the music will be, not going to add it to my collection, going to be horrible music, people just buying it for the autograph etc etc etc. Just horrible that they are selling something everyone has been bashing and no one wants. A fucking travesty

Last edited by Tootles : 05-16-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #189
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Hey...if anyone's going to buy it and not listen to it, it should be a fan.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:02 PM   #190
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPC
Overall, AEGEA’s on-sale went fairly smooth, beyond a crushing demand making it so that we couldn’t access MadameZuzus.com servers; and therefore put the record up for purchase. A few clever-types were able to access certain pages before they’d gone public too, which I’ll write off as ‘fans of my music tend to be smarter than others’ bragging rights. Anyway…

In planning to release ‘AEGEA’ I’d considered different means, one of which was to release the double-vinyl to whomever might want it first, and then perhaps offer a single-disc version afterwards; which would only remove the 2 longer, alternate versions of pieces #3 and #5. Having listened this way I’d say the single disc feel is more like a lost movie soundtrack, the longer more like a strange chant. Obviously one disc would also mean a lower price point, and would just be made available whenever each edition of 500 might sell out; for I love the idea of a budding, building catalog in-store at Zuzu’s. My long-range thinking would be the offer of other titles by other artists as well; songstress Sierra Swan being among them. Because the teahouse attracts a lot of casual customers who don’t follow every stitch of news, and it would be great to offer them this music too.

But whatever I do, the double vinyl series of AEGEA is (for now) capped at 500 copies; all signed and numbered. And if I was guessing I’d say I’ll make a decision on whether or not to make a single-disc pressing in the next 2 weeks, which I’d only put up for sale when they were in hand. So if you’d be among those ordering, your copy would come right away.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #191
Tootles
Demi-God

No cynicism. Just truth. The thread is filled with negativity about the music and not purchasing this etc. until it sells out in a minute...then comes the bitch fest. There is absolutely no way to keep you fuckers happy

Old 05-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #192
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

The point was that it's shitty to buy 20 copies of just any limited release to sell it for $600.

Don't know what thread you've been reading, apparently not this one.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:04 PM   #193
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootles View Post
No cynicism. Just truth. The thread is filled with negativity about the music and not purchasing this etc. until it sells out in a minute...then comes the bitch fest. There is absolutely no way to keep you fuckers happy
Is that what you were getting at with that blithering diatribe? Go work on your reading comprehension skills.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:18 PM   #194
Tootles
Demi-God

pretty much guaranteed to be snippets of synth noodling and nothing else.
It's probably 7 hours of bolly farting into a trombone
I won't be buying one anyways so... meh.
It's shameful that they're trying to turn a profit for their tea shop by trying to exploit SP fans. I refuse to support any of this rubbish
then I don't see why he would mind doing some kind of limited edition crap with some SP releases at zuzu's.
I don't want any part of it. That's why. It's just a personal choice.
It's probably not going to be music that we're going to enjoy listening to anyways.
can guarantee that subsequent pressings, if it were indeed to happen, would be either cd or digital only (fail slunken)
It's basically people paying $60 for a Billy autograph
I do have a collection, but this doesn't belong in it.
The #3 clip they released today sounds like I'd go insane if I'd listen to an entire album of it.

Yes you are right...I am sorry. No negativity. Just this and 5 pages of nothing to do with the music...but bitching that he is selling thru his teashop....

Old 05-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #195
Tootles
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
is there any interest in this? will they be able to sell all 250 copies?

either way, i really doubt this is a good investment. even if it sells out, most of those copies will be bought by someone hoping to make some profit on them. it won't work. nobody will ever pay $250 for this.

at the same time, this spnexusblog person seems to be very optimistic about the interest in this release:

by using "a first pressing", they're implying there might be a second pressing.

As usual....you couldn't have been more wrong on all accounts. $365.00

Old 05-16-2014, 02:00 PM   #196
GLOWer
Demi-God

i think most people are blindly buying this. i predict disappointment when people begin receiving their mostly unlistenable fully expensive vinyls. why Corgan would release aegea instead of the countless TGBK demos in a limited, two run capacity is beyond me.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:04 PM   #197
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

People are buying this as a collectors item not as anything else.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #198
Tootles
Demi-God

Cool as ice cream is like listening to the NFL draft "experts". Always spouting off about what they know but rarely correct

Old 05-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #199
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 05-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #200
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Yes you are right...I am sorry. No negativity. Just this and 5 pages of nothing to do with the music...but bitching that he is selling thru his teashop....
Grow the fuck up.

oh my god, how dare people have different opinions and not like everything that Billy does?

Way to cherry pick quotes and take them out of context just to try and prove your point while subsequently overlooking every other one. I noticed you didn't quote any of the the netphorians (those evil negative netphorians) that bought the vinyl.

As for me, whom you poorly quoted, it's not even in the same context at all of what you're bitching about.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:34 PM   #201
Tootles
Demi-God

Yes so poorly quoted ...... Word for word.....

Old 05-16-2014, 04:54 PM   #202
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Yes so poorly quoted ...... Word for word.....
My, you're not very bright.

Yes, poorly quoted, as opposed to misquoted, because you took it out of context and construed it to mean something else.

Do not respond to me again unless you learn how to write a proper sentence and improve your reading ability.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:00 PM   #203
slunken
Virgo

I would be interested to see how many people bought multiple copies and how many multiples vs the fans that only bought one. I agree that these were probably purchased as collector items and most of them won't even be played. Shame.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:01 PM   #204
slunken
Virgo

Let's be honest sp fans and a record buying audience tend not to go hand in hand.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #205
slunken
Virgo

i didn't see the announcement because the news gets copiously copied and pasted here. thanks for letting me down guys

Old 05-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #206
slunken
Virgo

of the 3 copies on ebay at the moment, one seller sells concert tickets for a living and another deals solely in autographed sports merchandise.

Last edited by slunken : 05-16-2014 at 06:34 PM.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #207
slunken
Virgo

nothing would make me happier at this point than to see the release or release date get fucked up somehow.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:51 PM   #208
Tootles
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
My, you're not very bright.

Yes, poorly quoted, as opposed to misquoted, because you took it out of context and construed it to mean something else.

Do not respond to me again unless you learn how to write a proper sentence and improve your reading ability.
Quoted perfectly. Thank you. And you will never tell me when and when I can't respond back you.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:56 PM   #209
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Not sure why some are shitting on this album. From what I heard it sounds better than zeitgeist. Also, glad he found a format to release more experimental stuff and I hope in the future he released something that maybe I might be interested in but not vinyl please.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:58 PM   #210
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
i didn't see the announcement because the news gets copiously copied and pasted here. thanks for letting me down guys
My impression was you didn't actually want one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
tbh i'm on the fence about purchasing a copy. depends on the packaging or any other info to be released. if i hate it, like i said, i could always sell it for a profit.

look at how much those astral plains and the other limited 7"s go for...