Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2007, 12:13 AM   #1
Ihaman
Sometimes, though.

Default Bjork releases info about upcoming album "Volta"

Volta is the name of the album and the date is May 7th. The Press release reads thus:

Volta being made

"Musical innovator Björk releases her next studio album ‘Volta’ on May 7th 2007.

‘Volta’ is Björk's sixth studio album and follows the release of ‘Medúlla’ in 2004.

Featuring ten brand new and original tracks ‘Volta’ is entirely written and produced by Björk.

In the role of producer Björk has brought in various other musicians to work on her songs and ‘Volta’ features some of her most interesting collaborations so far with Antony Hegarty (Antony And The Johnsons) singing on two tracks, and Timbaland (Jay-Z, Missy Elliot etc) working with Björk on beats that she created for three further songs.

Other artists that feature on ‘Volta’ ******* electronic pioneer Mark Bell of LFO and two unique drummers – Chris Corsano (the improvisational drummer who has worked with Sonic Youth amongst others) and Brian Chippendale from Lightening Bolt.

Björk also brought in two acclaimed African artists for ‘Volta’ - Toumani Diabate, the Malian kora player and Konono No1 the experimental band from The Congo who won a BBC World Music Award in 2006. She has also put together her own 10 piece female brass section of Icelandic musicians who play on three further tracks. Meanwhile Chinese pipa expert Min Xiao-Fen plays on one song."

So it read! And now we can start counting down: One, 2, three, four, 5, ...... etc

Old 03-06-2007, 12:26 AM   #2
redbull
Immortal

Brian Chippendale!

Old 03-06-2007, 12:34 AM   #3
MusicMan4

jesus fucking christ this was posted on this very fucking board more than once months ago
you posted absolutely nothing new and you fucking bolded the fucking part about antony instead of the actual interesting musicians like corsano or konono
fuckfuckfuck

Old 03-06-2007, 12:56 AM   #4
Ihaman
Sometimes, though.

o'lord of thee world how can I possibly satisfy thou?

Old 03-06-2007, 05:00 AM   #5
mistle
bonnie stars

thanks for posting this old news though. for some reason it didn\t quite dawn on me last time what an awful thought antony fagarty on a bjork album is

i\d rather have the throat singer on every song than that clown ruining the album

Old 03-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #6
franzel
Demi-God

thanks for the info. it was new to me. lookin' forward to the new album and i'll be seeing her june 28th at the Werchter festival in Belgium!

Old 03-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #7
Rockin' Cherub
Braindead

björk, antony, brian chippendale and timbaland on one record this is guaranteed to be a mess

Old 03-06-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
daydreamer999
Minion of Satan

chris corsano will be the unifying factor then

Old 03-06-2007, 06:59 PM   #9
Rockin' Cherub
Braindead

yeah i can already hear antony hegarty singing about being a little girl as he pounds away

Old 03-06-2007, 09:25 PM   #10
apple
Demi-God

i met chris corsano and talked to him a bunch once. saw him play in a tiny pub. he was pretty awesome. should have asked him to give me bj's number