Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 08-02-2014, 04:02 AM   #1
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Default bitch about your social life here

today i had to pretend i was interested in this guy telling me about bitcoin

i was like well i don't really know, man i just don't like capitalism
and he's like oh what do you define yourself also btw capitalism was a pejorative term coined by carlos boozer or something
and i'm like i don't really define myself man, i just kind of think that we're all meat robots
and he's like so definately hobbian and i'm like yah man it's whatever i'm just like this is all kindsa fucked up these days with this stuff
and then he starts pitching bitcoin black market libertarianism at me and i'm just kind of tuning him out he's a perfectly nice young person that will grow up and have nuanced ideas and such but i'm just kind of like whatever and then he says something about freedom
and i'm like "see i don't even know what freedom is anymore. seems to me like a lot of times freedom turns out to hurt the people around you--your community--pretty significantly"

then some one said something about basketball and i was out of there

Old 08-02-2014, 04:58 AM   #2
Order 66
Socialphobic

some time ago i was drinking with a friend and he took me out to his balcony and said man you're like a brother to me i love you so much dude. i was like great okay then he was like well there's this one thing though... you know that 25 year old kid i had over like two times. i'm like, yeah. he sez, well that kid's really upset that you never bring your own weed. i'm like.. uh.. for one i don't really smoke these days two i always bring cases of beer and food to your place when you have a get together, and said kid both drank my beer and ate my food, so... then he like, yeah that's cool ... but you need to impress people, y'know.. like... bring a bottle of crown or something. i'm just telling this to help you man

i was pretty dumbstruck by this for about a month

Old 08-02-2014, 05:15 AM   #3
Trotskilicious
Banned

i found this in a comment to someone i know on facebook:

"Steak and potatoes yes!!! But Calamari?? Sound like something they's eat on the west coast..."

Old 08-02-2014, 05:16 AM   #4
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
some time ago i was drinking with a friend and he took me out to his balcony and said man you're like a brother to me i love you so much dude. i was like great okay then he was like well there's this one thing though... you know that 25 year old kid i had over like two times. i'm like, yeah. he sez, well that kid's really upset that you never bring your own weed. i'm like.. uh.. for one i don't really smoke these days two i always bring cases of beer and food to your place when you have a get together, and said kid both drank my beer and ate my food, so... then he like, yeah that's cool ... but you need to impress people, y'know.. like... bring a bottle of crown or something. i'm just telling this to help you man

i was pretty dumbstruck by this for about a month
seriously are you hanging out with asshole college freshmen or something dogg

Old 08-02-2014, 05:17 AM   #5
Trotskilicious
Banned

"this dude is pretty mad you don't bring your own weed"

"well tell that stupid motherfucker to stop bringing his, if he so mad about it."

Old 08-02-2014, 05:18 AM   #6
Trotskilicious
Banned

sounds like something they's do on the west coast

Old 08-02-2014, 05:29 AM   #7
Order 66
Socialphobic

it's one of those weird friendships where you're close with his wife and he's naive and doesn't know what's really going on. but he's a good guy ... just sort of ... misguided. and like i said.. naive

Old 08-02-2014, 05:43 AM   #8
Trotskilicious
Banned

oh so you're fucking his wife

Old 08-02-2014, 07:07 AM   #9
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

probably smoking her weed too.

Old 08-02-2014, 07:56 AM   #10
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Bring your own wife next time too.

Old 08-02-2014, 07:56 AM   #11
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

It's always take, take, take with this guy, innit?

Old 08-02-2014, 08:22 AM   #12
Shallowed
Braindead

My social life is my girlfriend. She's he only one I really spend any time with. I had a really shitty social life for a little while before I met her. I was trying way way way too hard to meet people and shit. Remember that thread I made a year or so ago about GLORY HALLELUJAH I'M NOT DEPRESSED ANY MORE, well it was around that time

If I spend time with anyone else it's like some rare event that I see whoever it is and we all acknowledge that it's been a while, and we all update each other with what we've been up to. The question is always "so what have you been doing?" i.e. for a living, and I always feel ashamed and embarrassed because everyone else seems to be moving on up with their lives and careers and I'm getting left behind in the dust, and I never want anyone to know.

You guys ever meet up with a couple of friends where it's all cool when all three of you are there, but when person A leaves and you're left with person B it's all kind of weird and awkward and you can't really have an effortless conversation with them? Well that group is like many overlapping and intertwined versions of that.

I'm generally either a pretty quiet guy, or if I'm talking with a group of people then I feel like I'm being continually judged for saying something stupid or weird.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:27 AM   #13
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
It's always take, take, take with this guy, innit?
i was sittin there in a com fortable chair, and it was all that i needed!

Old 08-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #14
Shallowed
Braindead

My girlfriend has an interesting social life though. She severed ties with one group of people that she was friends with last year who she knew through work, and formed relationships with a completely new network of friends through uni this year. She meets up with the a different friend every other day. I've met some of them and they're really nice people.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:34 AM   #15
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
My social life is my girlfriend. She's he only one I really spend any time with. I had a really shitty social life for a little while before I met her. I was trying way way way too hard to meet people and shit. Remember that thread I made a year or so ago about GLORY HALLELUJAH I'M NOT DEPRESSED ANY MORE, well it was around that time

If I spend time with anyone else it's like some rare event that I see whoever it is and we all acknowledge that it's been a while, and we all update each other with what we've been up to. The question is always "so what have you been doing?" i.e. for a living, and I always feel ashamed and embarrassed because everyone else seems to be moving on up with their lives and careers and I'm getting left behind in the dust, and I never want anyone to know.

You guys ever meet up with a couple of friends where it's all cool when all three of you are there, but when person A leaves and you're left with person B it's all kind of weird and awkward and you can't really have an effortless conversation with them? Well that group is like many overlapping and intertwined versions of that.

I'm generally either a pretty quiet guy, or if I'm talking with a group of people then I feel like I'm being continually judged for saying something stupid or weird.
i felt like this all the time until lately...

seriiously-and don't take this the wrong way-how did you meet a girl doe

am i just missing all my cues?

theexplodingboy is a guy who i can't fathom has a girlfriend, not that i am surprised you do you have a wit about you and a panache or what-have-you, but TEB is like the saddest most depressing person in the world, it's like if eyore was on luudes or something. It's horrible. and even someone like that has more of a romantic life than i do

Old 08-02-2014, 08:46 AM   #16
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
seriiously-and don't take this the wrong way-how did you meet a girl doe
Read up on pick up artists and that sort of shit. I'm not proud.

The first few months of our relationship were actually quite unhappy for her because I was such an asshole, and it took me a while to realise that and change my ways. I would do and say a lot of things without much or any regard for her feelings because I was still in that PUA mindset where getting a reaction from something was better than no reaction at all.

I blame myself for burning a lot of bridges in this way with old friends and people I used to know.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:50 AM   #17
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
and even someone like that has more of a romantic life than i do
are you a supreme gentleman?

Old 08-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #18
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis The Fat Years View Post
probably smoking her weed too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
Bring your own wife next time too.
This one-two response is fucking hilarious to me right now.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #19
D.
Consume my pants.

Also my social life is okay. I'm into having a bunch of friends whereas B is happy with two really good friends (who live in different states) and doesn't necessarily invite new friendships. I introduced her to her latest pal.

I'm really open to hanging out with anyone unless they are shitty people. Because of me and several parties and get together I've thrown, all my friends know all my friends so it's this big circle of friendship.
This all being said, I'm slipping comfortably into early 30's life. Most nights we spend as a family/with the kid. We don't "go out" so much as have people over to BBQ and talk shit on the back porch. I really enjoy having people over and having the house open and people around. Also, our firepit is fun.

Sometimes we go to other people's houses or go out dancing for a bit. Or I go to shows because B doesn't really do shows but I do and in that way I'm still 23 not 32.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #20
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

what social life?

Old 08-02-2014, 10:46 AM   #21
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Yeah I don't really have a social life. I see someone from my family maybe once a month. I have a friend who lives in here in the summer only and I see him a few times. I met Scotty the other day when he was in Miami and it was like the highlight of my year social-wise. I have a friend at work who I talk on the phone with sometimes as well, but she is very busy with her kids. But that is something at least.

I'm pretty much scared of relationships of any kind. Talking about it in therapy lately.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:55 AM   #22
D.
Consume my pants.

THE Scotty?!

Did you tell him to STFU?

Old 08-02-2014, 11:02 AM   #23
Eulogy
huh

Two guys I had planned on having in my wedding party are just being kind of dicks? Just non responsive and overall pretty shitty to me. I always suspected that one or them was only friends with me because I am good friends with a girl he's obsessed with. Why would I have ever pegged him for the wedding party, you ask? Good question!

Male friends are hard to have. For some reason. Shrug.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:04 AM   #24
Eulogy
huh

d. Will you come be my male friend?!

Old 08-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #25
Bread Regal
Banned

Shallowed: when people ask "what are you doing these days?" you don't have to talk to them about your job. i learned this a few years ago when i had that miserable call center job. i would just tell them about my band instead and make them envious that i actually spent my free time making doom metal.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:22 AM   #26
Bread Regal
Banned

i personally don't have much of a social life to speak of. and the people whom i would hang out with are also paired up with their own significant others with whom they prioritize time.

i guess it works. i like meeting new people at school because i don't feel like i'm auditioning for their acceptance, and if they start irritating me with their personal politics i can abort the conversation with "anyway let's get back to studying for this midterm".

Old 08-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #27
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Two guys I had planned on having in my wedding party are just being kind of dicks? Just non responsive and overall pretty shitty to me. I always suspected that one or them was only friends with me because I am good friends with a girl he's obsessed with. Why would I have ever pegged him for the wedding party, you ask? Good question!

Male friends are hard to have. For some reason. Shrug.
I still have two bros yet to ask. For some reason I thought I had to ask them in person. Maybe I'm making way too big of a deal about it. I haven't seen one in a while but we talk pretty much every day. The other I see and speak to once every 3 or 4 months, but we used to be great friends. Kind of nervous about it.

Also congrats! That's awesome, and good luck to you two.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #28
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
THE Scotty?!

Erica and I had dinner in Miami last week. She's very cool. I don't think she told me to shut up, but I hear that so much I kind of just tune it out.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #29
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
THE Scotty?!

No, but I meant to ask him how he deals with being told to STFU all the time on netphoria.

I had a great time. It actually wasn't too awkward on anything. But there was alcohol involved so that probably helped.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #30
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Congrats eulogy and duo