Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2017, 04:13 AM   #61
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Color me surprised if the pavester was referring to the semi-literal dog piling of your imaginings, that being literal insofar as the heaping of non-canine bodies does occur. Rather, I suspect a sort of verbal shaming where Frau Günterheinzrichengangfred points out that so-and-so was at least forty seconds late to arrive and it all kicks off from there.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:25 AM   #62
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Those glow-in-the-dark ceiling stars were the very essence of a nineties bedroom.

I have sixteen sealed packages' worth in storage with all my licensed Mac and Me merchandise.
I know and my parents would never let me have them because they were afraid of the ceiling paint getting fucked up so this is a dream come true nearly 20 years in the making

Old 11-26-2017, 05:14 AM   #63
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
Oh.

Fuck.

I genuinely thought they'd decrease. People don't use their brains as much anymore. Of course, biology/Psychology isn't my strong suit, but I figured lesser usage = weaker brain = offspring with weaker brain.
It's all about how you use it. Before it was possible to have the knowledge of previous generations explicitly written about (in books, and then mass produced with the printing press, and now the internet) people had to spend a lot of time learning basic things that we now, instead of memorizing, google in 5 seconds. That can make someone more lazy but it doesn't have to.

Disclaimer: IQ is not the same thing as intelligence, but it is an indicator of basic knowledge and ability to solve problems.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:14 AM   #64
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I know and my parents would never let me have them because they were afraid of the ceiling paint getting fucked up so this is a dream come true nearly 20 years in the making
ceiling paint? we had popcorn ceilings. i didn't have the starz but my sister did!

Old 11-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #65
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Color me surprised if the pavester was referring to the semi-literal dog piling of your imaginings, that being literal insofar as the heaping of non-canine bodies does occur. Rather, I suspect a sort of verbal shaming where Frau Günterheinzrichengangfred points out that so-and-so was at least forty seconds late to arrive and it all kicks off from there.
yep,I totally got "dog piling" wrong, I did not think of literally piling over each other, like on a sports field or whatever.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dogpile
if this is halfway correct, I understood dogpiling as
verb
to pile on, such as with criticism

English, D!

Old 11-26-2017, 08:16 AM   #66
buzzard
Minion of Satan

The person that initiates the physical dog pile is rarely regarded as a great thinker, ending up as they do more or less as close to the bottom as the intended victim.

What I never knew was that anybody would use the word for praise in the form of a compliment bukkake.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:25 AM   #67
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

I'll attempt to impress with my mad English skills at work today by trying to get that term in, "compliment bukkake."

Old 11-26-2017, 10:46 AM   #68
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
I feel way more sorry for fuzzy when he makes these threads than I do when he's crushed at the bottom of a dog pile.
OK, asshole. Fine, don't comment on my Futurama coasters!

Old 11-26-2017, 10:46 AM   #69
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Really, is this any better or worse than unboxing videos?

Old 11-26-2017, 10:48 AM   #70
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Exclamation

Quote:
I have a TV and a laptop and a bed in my favorite room. And a swing! Too bad I can't fit in it though
I wish I had a swing in my bedroom. I'd probably lose the security deposit if I installed one.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #71
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

ok Flamer Gobs, gimme a minute

Old 11-26-2017, 11:46 AM   #72
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Is it gonna be that picture of your hubby at the computer?

Old 11-26-2017, 12:14 PM   #73
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

https://i.imgur.com/infS6Ksm.jpg

There's only one favourite thing, it's the piano. I guess the decorations on top count as a second thing, maybe. I bought them in China. My husband bought the tree and candles from IKEA tonight. I think he's trying to cheer me up. So that could be the third thing - his attempt to make me happy.

Tomorrow the trombone/trumpet teacher is coming over as usual, but I've decided since I'm feeling so horrid, we'll just spend the last two lessons of the year (this week and next week) learning a carol together so we can record it and send it to my parents to say Merry Christmas. I chose this kitsch version of Hark the Herald Angel. It sounds so, so, so fucken lame to young singles and childfree people...and my Dad will be like "Why do you embarrass yourself and your children this way." but my Mum will probably cry, and that's all I really care about. I kinda owe her, after moving her grandkids out of the country and not coming back for these last 9 years.

My 12 year old fractured his arm at basketball training last week so he can't play trombone. He'll probably film us or something. I dunno. I think it'll be a nice way to end the year. So that could be the fourth thing. It's unseen...but it's the gift of being able to share music and play music with my children.

This room is my favourite but it still sucks, it's so empty and sterile. And the only thing I like in this room is the piano. Stupid expat apartment living...

Last edited by vixnix : 11-26-2017 at 12:16 PM. Reason: tried and failed to embed a vid from a Chinese site. Can't read Chinese. Lame.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:09 PM   #74
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

good post

Old 11-26-2017, 02:23 PM   #75
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I wish I had a swing in my bedroom. I'd probably lose the security deposit if I installed one.
It's a baby swing in case that wasn't clear

Old 11-26-2017, 03:10 PM   #76
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
good post
It was for you, I'm glad you found it good

Old 11-26-2017, 03:59 PM   #77
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
It's a baby swing in case that wasn't clear

Oh.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:00 PM   #78
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
It was for you, I'm glad you found it good
And who says Netphoria isn't a nice place?

Old 11-26-2017, 04:20 PM   #79
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:

Oh.
yeah i prefer my adult swings outdoors anyway

Old 11-26-2017, 04:24 PM   #80
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
yeah i prefer my adult swings outdoors anyway

https://media.giphy.com/media/oaPcDncoLfgjK/giphy.gif

Old 11-26-2017, 04:26 PM   #81
ilikeplanets
Braindead

i used to sleep in an indoor hammock but i fell outta that bitch too many times to ever want one again.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:36 PM   #82
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

my favorite room is the kitchen

the 5 dope things are our full-size oven

two cool plants

these framed commemorative stamps/artwork https://www.usps.com/ecp/asset/images/672724-S0.jpg
https://www.usps.com/ecp/asset/images/672704-L0.jpg

and our magnet collection full of memories n shit

Old 11-27-2017, 01:57 PM   #83
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

the dopest stuff i have is my random collection of small found and purchased items including rocks, notes, and figurines

that's in the 2nd bedroom, though, which is not my favorite room