Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2018, 07:04 PM   #91
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
This isn't part of the interview, she just sent the photo and story behind the Mancow pic yesterday.
So dd you give up on the 3rd person thing or just got so excited you forgot?

Old 03-01-2018, 07:10 PM   #92
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
That's sweet man! The sites really become a juggernaut. What ever happened to that Magic Mike guy who posted on the site? He was hilarious

I really don't mind the clickbait stuff. It's actually kind of clever in a way. I don't mean this offensively but it's kind of like TMZ for alt rockers.
He's not going to pay you to write for him.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:14 PM   #93
slunken
Virgo

TMZ FOR ALT ROCKERS

Dude should be writing for them

Old 03-01-2018, 08:38 PM   #94
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
I'd like to think that Billys intentions are pure
lol

Old 03-01-2018, 08:39 PM   #95
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
not sure why you're giving him shit, it was just a shtick

Old 03-01-2018, 08:40 PM   #96
LaBelle
Socialphobic

The lower the bar idols set, the more the "fans" have to limbo under it.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:43 PM   #97
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
http://archive.alternativenation.net.../brettsuit.jpg

can someone photoshop billiam's head onto this suit? and keep the hair?
I may have to frame that if somebody does that.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:44 PM   #98
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Using wrestling terms, I've broken kayfabe and I'm going out of character and shooting for some posts.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:49 PM   #99
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

I take the TMZ thing as a compliment, they've broken some huge stories. Always I try to have a sense of humor about the dumb stuff like they do.

To fuzzy, Magic Mike still does some off and on work behind the scenes. A lot of the writers back then I had because I thought you needed a staff to get on Google news, most stories they wrote were mainly stuff I sent them, that to be honest is quicker for me to just do myself. Mike's bigger role was/has always been communicating with PR type people. I do need to put out a thing for more editorial type writers though, I don't have time to write longform stuff like the D'arcy interview all of the time. Any time you spend a lot of time on a long article with today's Facebook algorithms, you are risking having spent a lot of time on something nobody will read.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:53 PM   #100
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

do you have stats on how many hits that article got you? seemed like it blew up, no? rolling stone, pitchfork, and others linked to it directly i believe

Old 03-01-2018, 08:58 PM   #101
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

big pimpin yo

hate the game
not the studmuffin

Old 03-01-2018, 08:58 PM   #102
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
do you have stats on how many hits that article got you? seemed like it blew up, no? rolling stone, pitchfork, and others linked to it directly i believe
A lot, second highest read article ever behind this one I did on Tom Petty's daughter shitting on Rolling Stone the day he died.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #103
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

well that's vague. what's a lot? 50,000? more?

Old 03-01-2018, 10:40 PM   #104
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
well that's vague. what's a lot? 50,000? more?
Way more.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:41 PM   #105
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I take the TMZ thing as a compliment, they've broken some huge stories. Always I try to have a sense of humor about the dumb stuff like they do.

To fuzzy, Magic Mike still does some off and on work behind the scenes. A lot of the writers back then I had because I thought you needed a staff to get on Google news, most stories they wrote were mainly stuff I sent them, that to be honest is quicker for me to just do myself. Mike's bigger role was/has always been communicating with PR type people. I do need to put out a thing for more editorial type writers though, I don't have time to write longform stuff like the D'arcy interview all of the time. Any time you spend a lot of time on a long article with today's Facebook algorithms, you are risking having spent a lot of time on something nobody will read.
Shit, so you're pretty much rocking the site alone now hey? That's gotta be tough. I get that you report on stuff that you're genuinely into, but a site like that seems like it would be nonstop work. You don't really get to ever take a break or anything eh?

Old 03-01-2018, 10:42 PM   #106
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Just talked to D'arcy, told her some of the nice comments people have made about the pic, she's very appreciative.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:45 PM   #107
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
The lower the bar idols set, the more the "fans" have to limbo under it.
"Those aren't fans"

Old 03-01-2018, 10:54 PM   #108
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Shit, so you're pretty much rocking the site alone now hey? That's gotta be tough. I get that you report on stuff that you're genuinely into, but a site like that seems like it would be nonstop work. You don't really get to ever take a break or anything eh?
It pretty much has to be me covering all the daily 90's rock news. The issue with the daily news headlines is it has gotten so competitive with the algorithms now that even if a headline is slightly off nobody will read it (or see the Facebook post/Google News headline), I can't trust people who don't have the experience I do with doing that. You basically have to either be first or one of the first on a story, and it has to involve sex/drugs/nostalgia/emotion/hatred/be super cute or nobody will read it, and there have to be very famous names in the headline. I know I get a lot of shit for the types of headlines but I pretty much have to do it, there is no other option. People can thank Mark Zuckerberg for that.

What I could use though is more people writing editorials, and maybe doing some interviews as well (I've become too cynical about publicists to deal with them unless they're paying me to cover their unknown band), then I can figure out the headlines. I need to put up an open call for that. I'm also looking into having some podcast/video content soon, but it has to be done right and good. For videos I only really want to have female reporters doing them. Nobody wants to look at me blab on about this shit. I want to expand the type of stuff we cover too into more areas of rock and music, I'm trying to acquire some social media pages to expand that.

When it comes to the schedule I do not ever take complete off days no matter what. How I look at it is I don't have to go into a fucking office, so why should I have off days? Also having zero off days helps make up for the periods where traffic/money is down. The traffic can definitely fluctuate. It can be very stressful due to all of the variables of micro managing a lot of stuff but again I'm thankful to get to write about bands I love.

I also don't have to be sitting in one place for 10 hours or go to an office. I usually like working in the mornings and then going to the gym and then go for a swim/standup paddle board in the afternoon, then do some more work in evening. I also can travel and work, I was stopping at Starbucks to post updates on Chris Cornell's funeral when I was on a trip to Washington DC last year.

Last edited by WeilandFan : 03-01-2018 at 11:05 PM.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:09 PM   #109
myosis
Minion of Satan

so the key to these wonderful algorithms is to use the word Reveal in the title?

Old 03-01-2018, 11:10 PM   #110
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
so the key to these wonderful algorithms is to use the word Reveal in the title?
Yes, for some reason reveal does well.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:19 PM   #111
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
It pretty much has to be me covering all the daily 90's rock news. The issue with the daily news headlines is it has gotten so competitive with the algorithms now that even if a headline is slightly off nobody will read it (or see the Facebook post/Google News headline), I can't trust people who don't have the experience I do with doing that. You basically have to either be first or one of the first on a story, and it has to involve sex/drugs/nostalgia/emotion/hatred/be super cute or nobody will read it, and there have to be very famous names in the headline. I know I get a lot of shit for the types of headlines but I pretty much have to do it, there is no other option. People can thank Mark Zuckerberg for that.

What I could use though is more people writing editorials, and maybe doing some interviews as well (I've become too cynical about publicists to deal with them unless they're paying me to cover their unknown band), then I can figure out the headlines. I need to put up an open call for that. I'm also looking into having some podcast/video content soon, but it has to be done right and good. For videos I only really want to have female reporters doing them. Nobody wants to look at me blab on about this shit. I want to expand the type of stuff we cover too into more areas of rock and music, I'm trying to acquire some social media pages to expand that.

When it comes to the schedule I do not ever take complete off days no matter what. How I look at it is I don't have to go into a fucking office, so why should I have off days? Also having zero off days helps make up for the periods where traffic/money is down. The traffic can definitely fluctuate. It can be very stressful due to all of the variables of micro managing a lot of stuff but again I'm thankful to get to write about bands I love.

I also don't have to be sitting in one place for 10 hours or go to an office. I usually like working in the mornings and then going to the gym and then go for a swim/standup paddle board in the afternoon, then do some more work in evening. I also can travel and work, I was stopping at Starbucks to post updates on Chris Cornell's funeral when I was on a trip to Washington DC last year.
Hell yeah man, that sounds rad. That's gotta be the nice part. Just doing it throughout the day when you feel like it. No assholes to answer to or anything like that. Being able to do it on the fly is sweet too. Don't have to worry about taking time off to travel or anything like that.

Podcast sounds like a dope idea dude. I don't really think there is any big ones out there that cover the kind of music that you do. You'd definitely be filling a niche that is ripe for the taking.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:27 PM   #112
FoolofaTook

ur dad is ripe for the taking

Old 03-01-2018, 11:37 PM   #113
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:

i've never gone on your site from my phone (as far as i recall), and your howard stern/chris cornell suicide article came on my newsfeed right after some politics stuff (today). obviously it knows i read about SP and whatever but i was pretty surprised to see it.

also seeing ads for the shiny and oh so shit tour everywhere

Old 03-01-2018, 11:42 PM   #114
FoolofaTook

"Nobody wants to look at me blab on about this shit."

So handsome and yet so humble.

Old 03-02-2018, 02:38 AM   #115
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
It pretty much has to be me covering all the daily 90's rock news.
The 90s were ten years ago dude

Old 03-02-2018, 02:39 AM   #116
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
The 90s were ten years ago dude
It was ten years ago, ten years ago.

Old 03-02-2018, 04:13 AM   #117
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
can someone photoshop billiam's head onto this suit? and keep the hair?
Quote:
I may have to frame that if somebody does that.

https://i.imgur.com/GP2rri0.png

Old 03-02-2018, 04:21 AM   #118
Cool As Ice Cream

omg yes

Old 03-02-2018, 04:22 AM   #119
Cool As Ice Cream

Arrow

Quote:
He's not going to pay you to write for him.

Old 03-02-2018, 05:58 AM   #120
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Darcy wasnt in the band for 18 years. She could never take a whole tour due to her lack of selfesteem. She seems completed wacked, insecure and might have a drug or alcohol problem.

Billy is an arrogant pisser that makes announcements of announcements - and most important: he makes shitty albums.

I really avoid another SP show. Unmotivated Billy playing thru his set emotionlessly, not talking to the crowd (but shitting on it) - spitting around wildly on stage - BILL it´s no wonder that you aren´t successful anymore, cause firstly you make 2-3 stars records and attacking and blaming anyone except yourself for your lack of success.

Dárcy should stay on her farm milking cows and smoking weed.
There still seems to be bad blood around the pumpkins and once again they are DEAD in my eyes.

He won´t do a European tour cause the last tours were half empty.