Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 08-16-2006, 12:28 AM   #91
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratking17
Dead, how is it that they are saying machina 2 is not an album? We know corgan wanted a double disk and that is where machina 2 came from...
Well they did at least some of Machina 2 in 2000, they went back into the studio and worked on some songs. Unless I'm mistaken. So I'm saying that they're saying Machina 2 isn't a real album if they're supposedly now in the studio recording an album for the first time since 99.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:35 AM   #92
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Well according to davin and also what I already knew I guess it would be fair to say what they're saying about 99 afterall.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:43 AM   #93
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Please SP2 don't let whoever mixed and/or mastered Zwan anywhere near the new album (Howie Weinberg I'm lookin at you). I believe TFE was clipped too but was nowhere near the abomination that Mary Star was (except for DIA which makes my head hurt).

Hey the people who say SP2 is no different than Zwan are total retards. Back when Zwan was just going with the flow they had some amazing songs that everyone loved. The album ended up sucking because Billy decided the old stuff was "too pumpkiny" and forced the band away from what he does best. And TFE was purposefully something "different." Billy's comments about going back to the pumpkins have given the impression directly or indirectly that he wants to get back to what he comes by naturally which is make some great songs and not be constrained by the idea of not sounding too Pumpkins. This album is going to be amazing (I predict).

About the mastering, sure Billy said he wanted the album to sound 'distorted like the 70s' but freakin Howie is doing a poor job when he allows a clipped to the max fucked up product out of his hands.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:47 AM   #94
JeremyX
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead
Please SP2 don't let whoever mixed and/or mastered Zwan anywhere near the new album (Howie Weinberg I'm lookin at you). I believe TFE was clipped too but was nowhere near the abomination that Mary Star was (except for DIA which makes my head hurt).

http://mega-file.net/photo/img/7054d...cenobilly2.jpg

(This was posted once at the Zwan-Forum!)

Old 08-16-2006, 01:53 AM   #95
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Mine!
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19...y-cooledit.jpg

Old 08-16-2006, 01:55 AM   #96
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Shut the fuck dead.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:57 AM   #97
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

You're on ignore so enjoy talking to yourself, shithead.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:05 AM   #98
Starla

Good. Flood is so overdone. I like this change.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:06 AM   #99
The Melty Man
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
Shut the fuck dead.
Quote:
You're on ignore so enjoy talking to yourself, shithead.
you guys are funny!

Old 08-16-2006, 02:10 AM   #100
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

Quote:
the people who say SP2 is no different than Zwan are total retards.
then people who think the new pumpkins are different than old pumpkins must be some real fuck ups. you know, the ones who type sp2 instead of sp because theyre so different.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:18 AM   #101
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

i can't believe people still think SP2 is a serious name. I've already said several times that it's just a joke.

Old 08-16-2006, 03:42 AM   #102
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

I think the choice of someone new is a big move for Billy - stepping outside his comfort zone, and more to the point him realizing that he needs to make some changes...

Also, from what I can tell, RTB is the kind of person that will keep Billy in line - the kind of thing D'arcy used to do.

In summary, RTB is EXACTLY what TSP need IMHO.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:14 AM   #103
mistle
bonnie stars

Quote:
(except for DIA which makes my head hurt)
seriously! msots i thought just sounded washy, but this song is downright unpleasant. and not in a cool way like merzbow or something, it's just annoying and tiring and awful!! boo!

it's also the worst song on the album. maybe the idea was to make it sound so shitty, people would skip it and never notice

Old 08-16-2006, 04:23 AM   #104
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

Someone meentioned that Billy will probably help produce, here's what RTB has to say about that:

Quote:
Every artist would like to produce their own records. That to me is a bit like someone wanting to be their own lawyer in court, and even if you are a lawyer, you shouldn't represent yourself in court. I think, even if you're a great producer who happens to be an artist, and you're great at working with other artists, you should never produce yourself. You still need somebody else around to make sure you get the best out of yourself, because you can't be in two places at once.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:23 AM   #105
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel

Quote:
i can't believe people still think SP2 is a serious name. I've already said several times that it's just a joke.
NOW I GET IT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

except not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendo_91
RTB is EXACTLY what TSP need IMHO.
omg o rly? tbh i cba

Old 08-16-2006, 04:28 AM   #106
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristHimself!
omg o rly? tbh i cba
OMG!!!!!!1111!!!!11111oneoneone.

Old 08-16-2006, 07:04 AM   #107
The Melty Man
Ownz

Quote:
Hey the people who say SP2 is no different than Zwan are total retards. Back when Zwan was just going with the flow they had some amazing songs that everyone loved. The album ended up sucking because Billy decided the old stuff was "too pumpkiny" and forced the band away from what he does best. And TFE was purposefully something "different." Billy's comments about going back to the pumpkins have given the impression directly or indirectly that he wants to get back to what he comes by naturally which is make some great songs and not be constrained by the idea of not sounding too Pumpkins.
Exactly. We just say Jimmy + Billy = Zwan to taunt you...

Old 08-16-2006, 07:26 AM   #108
Effloresce
Banned

This IS like Chinese water torture, though.

Give us some pictures, a blog, SOMETHING.

If the updates get any more generic they're gonna be like "BILLY JUST GOT A SANDWICH WHILE JIMMY FINISHED A DRUM PART FOR A SONG."

Old 08-16-2006, 07:48 AM   #109
Phoenix Down
Apocalyptic Poster

awesome news. sounds like we can expect a few epic songs

Old 08-16-2006, 08:14 AM   #110
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

The bad news is that RTB spent a year on the most recent Darkness record.

And the phrase "preparing to record" makes all that much more sense now - the Darkness record involved much preparation beforehand, involving three drum kits in different rooms, countless snare drums, guitars, guitar amplifiers, working out which speaker in 4 speaker guitar cabinets worked best, setting up hundreds of microphones.... blah blah blah.

All needs to be done before a single note hits tape.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:26 AM   #111
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

http://mixonline.com/mag/audio_producer_roy_thomas/

Interview about the Darkness record.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:28 AM   #112
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

You guys will also notice on this page, it says 39 songs became 15.

http://www.thedarknessrock.com/studiodiary/

Hence, 40 songs isn't THAT rediculous a number.

Also you'll notice that each musician recorded their parts individually - and the fact that their bassist quit halfway through recording didn't hold them up one bit, as they had elected to do drums first, then guitars, THEN bass.

So they might not even HAVE a bassist yet.

ALSO, note the use of analog tape and vintage mixing consoles. You don't make TheFutureSucksCock on analog tape fed from a vintage Neve.

For those of you with no idea who Roy Thomas Baker is... a friend put it best when he said "If anyone can capture the pretense and attempted bombast of Corgan, Baker's the guy to do it".

In other words - this is possibly the best news we've had yet.

Last edited by brendo_91 : 08-16-2006 at 08:35 AM.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:03 AM   #113
NilSineDeo
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effloresce
Give us some pictures
we'll get studio pictures soon, but billy will blur out everyone's face

Old 08-16-2006, 09:31 AM   #114
JeremyX
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilSineDeo
we'll get studio pictures soon, but billy will blur out everyone's face
Or he will put his face on every head!

Old 08-16-2006, 09:39 AM   #115
Cherub Angel
Apocalyptic Poster

obsession with overdubs, producer of a lot of Queen albums........does anyone else get the impression that this guy would have really gone to town if he produced Siamese Dream?

Old 08-16-2006, 09:40 AM   #116
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyX
Or he will put his face on every head!

frail asian body. big bald head.

Yeahhhh... can't tell who the fuck THAT is.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:46 AM   #117
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub Angel
obsession with overdubs, producer of a lot of Queen albums........does anyone else get the impression that this guy would have really gone to town if he produced Siamese Dream?
It probably wouldn't have come out drastically different - it was already pretty produced, that's Vig's thing... just not to such an extreme as RTB.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:52 AM   #118
mistle
bonnie stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendo_91
For those of you with no idea who Roy Thomas Baker is... a friend put it best when he said "If anyone can capture the pretense and attempted bombast of Corgan, Baker's the guy to do it".

In other words - this is possibly the best news we've had yet.
unless you were hoping for a record with a little bit of space and quiet in the music for once. this guy does appear to be awesome, but it sounds like this is just the next step up on billy's quest to make the densest wall of sound ever. that can surely sound great, but there's also something to be said for the dynamics of allowing quiet into the music among the noises and room between the instruments. billy's last three albums have almost completely lacked that and a bit of change would be nice

Old 08-16-2006, 09:54 AM   #119
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

mistle - check his work with the cars. it's VERY sparse... until it needs to get big. I heard a track on the radio just before, so i'm not just regurgitating what other people have said.

Also, from what I've seen on the Queen DVD, he seems cool enough.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:55 AM   #120
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son
This is as much Zwan as Smashing Pumpkins. I can't believe so many of you are being fooled by Corgan's lame-ass tricks
Yea, except this version of "Zwan" has the entire SP back-catalog at its disposal, as well as the name, as well as the intention of going back to the SP methodology of song-writing.