Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2019, 03:00 AM   #1
meatngreet
Pledge

Default There Is a Holy Trinity of Siamese Dream shows

And that trinity is:

San Francisco, 10/19/93 (audience recording)
https://archive.org/details/tsp1993-...omplete.flac16

Washington DC, 11/21/93 (audience recording)
https://archive.org/details/tsp1993-11-21.ana1.SPC

Cincinnati, 12/11/93 (soundboard)
https://archive.org/details/tsp1993-12-11.flac16

If you have alt sources or upgrades to the above, you have a civic duty to share.

The San Francisco show was likely sourced from a nice sounding DAT recording, but the best version is from a high gen cassette dub. Washington DC is from a 1st gen which could use an upgrade. Cincinnati is from a board tape that cuts off before the final songs. There has to have been someone around Cincinnati during the time of that show who was taping. It was a special club show, the tour closer, the record was officially platinum, the band was all over MTV. The upgrades are out there somewhere...

Old 07-18-2019, 09:33 AM   #2
trev
charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatngreet View Post
Cincinnati, 12/11/93 (soundboard)
https://archive.org/details/tsp1993-12-11.flac16
anyone know what they played after i am one?

obviously they would have played silverfuck, but maybe mayo and/or sweet sweet too? maybe even frail and bedazzled.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:36 PM   #3
meatngreet
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev View Post
anyone know what they played after i am one?

obviously they would have played silverfuck, but maybe mayo and/or sweet sweet too? maybe even frail and bedazzled.
I looked up the newspaper review for the Bogart’s show, and the reviewer specifically mentioned the show ending with Silverfuck. My guess is the same as yours. They probably went from I Am One to Mayonaise, and then Silverfuck.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:44 AM   #4
Ram27
dumb

I love this thread

I've not particularly checked out any of those shows, need to give them a listen

SD tour trifecta, I'd say:

1994/04/17 in Buffalo. Four encores, James keeps teasing Stay With Me. Set includes Bury Me, Pissant, etc

1994/05/23 Pinkpop Festival. Last show of the European tour before the band flies home to Chicago. Vicious Geek and Silverfuck.

I'm struggling between one of the nights at Metro in August 93, or 1993/09/25, Brixton Academy in London. Corgan is *pissed* about Everett True's slagging off of SD, opens the show with a rant->Geek. Silverfuck interlude includes pissed off Billy yelling at the audience, "Ahhh, shut up. I'm driving this starship" et al. According to archive.org reviewer tapedatashow, this is the birth of heel Billy.

Old 07-19-2019, 02:26 AM   #5
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Sound quality wise the Manchester Academy BBC radio broadcast and the Del Mar Fairgrounds show are probably the two best SD era shows out there.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:11 PM   #6
meatngreet
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Sound quality wise the Manchester Academy BBC radio broadcast and the Del Mar Fairgrounds show are probably the two best SD era shows out there.
Yep, don’t forget the Euro/UK acoustic shows from June/July and the officially released Metro show. Sound quality-wise those are all the best ones.

Performance wise, gimme 10/19-11/21-12/11.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:00 AM   #7
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
I love this thread

I've not particularly checked out any of those shows, need to give them a listen

SD tour trifecta, I'd say:

1994/04/17 in Buffalo. Four encores, James keeps teasing Stay With Me. Set includes Bury Me, Pissant, etc

1994/05/23 Pinkpop Festival. Last show of the European tour before the band flies home to Chicago. Vicious Geek and Silverfuck.

I'm struggling between one of the nights at Metro in August 93, or 1993/09/25, Brixton Academy in London. Corgan is *pissed* about Everett True's slagging off of SD, opens the show with a rant->Geek. Silverfuck interlude includes pissed off Billy yelling at the audience, "Ahhh, shut up. I'm driving this starship" et al. According to archive.org reviewer tapedatashow, this is the birth of heel Billy.
That Buffalo show rules - fantastic banter.

Old 07-20-2019, 12:09 PM   #8
Shallowed
Braindead

That Buffalo show is pretty much my favourite SD era show. They played every song on Siamese Dream bar Luna.

Pinkpop 94 is another excellent and particularly visceral performance. Good picks, Ram.

Old 07-20-2019, 12:11 PM   #9
Shallowed
Braindead

Pinkpop 94 also gave us this blessed moment

Is this your dad, Ram?

Old 10-05-2020, 11:20 AM   #10
Ram27
dumb

ha my dad was never that cool

looking at this thread 1 year later and i totally agree with my first two picks. buffalo is the pinnacle of high octane SD arena shows, plus the band being in a great mood. pinkpop 94 is pinkpop 94.

third pick...feels like for parity, a slowed down hometown show at Metro would round this out. Alabamahalle is great, just cause we have video. Maybe the Columbia show where James and Billy flirt and they play BWBW for the first or second time.

Old 10-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #11
Brisk
Ownz

Fun idea, can you do it for all albums ?

Old 10-05-2020, 03:17 PM   #12
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

That Cincinnati show flew under my radar. Just checked it out. Good shit.

And I didn’t know this but someone hipped me to an app called ReListen. You can play all the archive.org shit on your phone. Over 700 SP shows streamable on your phone in an easy to use interface. Heck yes.