Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #1651
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

oh snap. i didn't know you play pool. my mom and dad were both real good and for a while in h.s my dad had a table at his house. and my mom got one of her own a few years later.

it's such an intense and chilled out game; i think i love it for the same reasons as chess. i've been wanting to hit up some pool halls lately, but it never pans out. some guys get mad or act like children when i beat them. the last dude i beat said he didn't even try and i said neither did i

/now googling pool halls in chicago. this is the weekend. last time i went was to ten cat tavern which only had two tables, but it was quiet and we were able to play and the outdoor garden was lovely and there were lots of old nice men with fancy personal cue sticks they brought themselves. i hate playing at lucky strike (a bowling alley) because it's so loud and i hate the vibe- it's like a damn club.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 05-03-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Old 05-04-2018, 06:09 AM   #1652
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
oh snap. i didn't know you play pool. my mom and dad were both real good and for a while in h.s my dad had a table at his house. and my mom got one of her own a few years later.

it's such an intense and chilled out game; i think i love it for the same reasons as chess. i've been wanting to hit up some pool halls lately, but it never pans out. some guys get mad or act like children when i beat them. the last dude i beat said he didn't even try and i said neither did i

/now googling pool halls in chicago. this is the weekend. last time i went was to ten cat tavern which only had two tables, but it was quiet and we were able to play and the outdoor garden was lovely and there were lots of old nice men with fancy personal cue sticks they brought themselves. i hate playing at lucky strike (a bowling alley) because it's so loud and i hate the vibe- it's like a damn club.
hell yes!

as it turns out, a pool table is not even really that expensive as i had previously thought. it's more about having a big ass room to fit it, which i don't. i do have my own cue though, though it's freshly bought and i have some issues with it so i might replace it soon.

re: grown man acting like children, i definitely know what you are talking about. that's a sizzling comeback you hammered down on that guy, lol. it really could be an incredibly infuriating game though, to be fair. but what you're talking about is so unattractive and i'm definitely working on myself to remain composed and not be that guy who loses his shit and starts cursing when he misses a shot.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:17 PM   #1653
fuzzyroes
Banned

Sometimes when I'm drunk and playing pool I'll hold the cue in the position of a guitar and strum along to the music like I'm rocking out all intensely. It gets some good laughs about half of the time

Old 05-04-2018, 07:18 PM   #1654
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Check out this guy. The absolute madman.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:02 PM   #1655
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

is your cue one of those ones that comes apart by unscrewing it in the middle? All the profesh dudes on tv seem to have those.

I would love to be good at pool, I envy you. I never progressed above the level where my guiding principle was 'It won't go in, so at least get it closer, for next time.' which I guess tells you about the rough talent level of my opponents.

I knew two families with pool tables growing up - one was the daughter of a lawyer and speech therapist, who lived in a massive house with things like a formal dining and living area. They had one in the basement.

The other family are my cousins on my Mum's side - Samoan, living in one of the worst areas in town, they had this uninsulated double garage at the end of their driveway, behind the house, and instead of using it as an actual garage, they kinda made it into a detached rec room with a pool table and couches and rugs, and stuff. It was guarded by two of the dopiest rottweilers ever to have been born. Truly the stupidest and gentlest dogs I have ever met. But huge, and menacing looking. I guess if they didn't like you, they might bark, a bit.

You can probably guess where I preferred to play...

Old 05-04-2018, 10:04 PM   #1656
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Sometimes when I'm drunk and playing pool I'll hold the cue in the position of a guitar and strum along to the music like I'm rocking out all intensely. It gets some good laughs about half of the time
I'm going to be unfashionably truthful here and say this would probably make me laugh

Old 05-04-2018, 10:05 PM   #1657
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
protip: its even funnier (imo) when you do it with things you're carrying/holding that aren't even remotely shaped like a guitar.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:07 PM   #1658
slunken
Virgo

like a can of beer, for instance. or a spare tire.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:15 AM   #1659
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
hell yes!

as it turns out, a pool table is not even really that expensive as i had previously thought. it's more about having a big ass room to fit it, which i don't. i do have my own cue though, though it's freshly bought and i have some issues with it so i might replace it soon.

re: grown man acting like children, i definitely know what you are talking about. that's a sizzling comeback you hammered down on that guy, lol. it really could be an incredibly infuriating game though, to be fair. but what you're talking about is so unattractive and i'm definitely working on myself to remain composed and not be that guy who loses his shit and starts cursing when he misses a shot.
i let out disappointment when i miss a shot by muttering FUCK or GODDAMNIT (among other light cursing) but only really directing it at myself in that tiny moment. it's one thing to get excited to that point, but quite another to be a baby when you lose. especially when you lose to someone you expected to beat.

this is where boys have a problem because they always expect to beat a woman.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:55 AM   #1660
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
protip: its even funnier (imo) when you do it with things you're carrying/holding that aren't even remotely shaped like a guitar.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:37 PM   #1661
redbreegull

you think he offers insurance for that pizza?

Old 05-05-2018, 01:08 PM   #1662
redbreegull

Sorry to betray the spirit of the thread but I went on a great date last night. We met at her place and walked over to Adams Morgan cause it's finally warm out. Halfway there it started raining and we ducked under an awning. I said maybe we should turn back cause we didn't have an umbrella or anything, but she grabbed my hand and said we shouldn't let a little rain prevent us from having a good time. Just then the sky opened up and it started pouring on us. We started running down the street hand-in-hand, laughing and dodging other people who were running for shelter like we were in a bad romantic comedy. By the time we got to the restaurant it had stopped raining but we were totally soaked. We ate at an amazing West African place. She had chicken domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. We talked for a long time and then strolled back to her neighborhood and hit a cocktail bar before heading to her house. We've been seeing each other for awhile now and although at the outset we both agreed we were just looking for something casual, I am starting to sense there is a deeper affection developing between us. She told me she's really busy for the next few weeks so I'm not sure when I will see her again. She works in disaster relief and travels a lot, so although we have been dating since October, we've been out maybe a total of 10-15 times. It makes it kind of hard to judge how serious things are and when would be a good time to ask her how she is feeling about our relationship status. I'm not seeing anyone else and I *think* she is not seeing anyone else, but I'm not completely sure. Regardless, I am left today with this stupid happy afterglow sensation

Old 05-05-2018, 01:13 PM   #1663
slunken
Virgo

and is it really less degrading than ejaculating on a woman's face

Old 05-05-2018, 01:26 PM   #1664
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Certainly less messy than trotting around in the pouring rain, no?

Old 05-05-2018, 01:27 PM   #1665
redbreegull

we got pretty sweaty when we went back to her place

she don't got AC

Old 05-05-2018, 01:29 PM   #1666
slunken
Virgo

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
She works in disaster relief
Perfect for you I'll see myself out

Old 05-05-2018, 01:29 PM   #1667
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
we got pretty sweaty when we went back to her place

she don't got AC
Does she use jelly?

Old 05-05-2018, 01:30 PM   #1668
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Old 05-05-2018, 01:31 PM   #1669
slunken
Virgo

yea we got the joke

Old 05-05-2018, 01:45 PM   #1670
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

lie

Old 05-05-2018, 02:02 PM   #1671
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Congratulations on your rain date

Better snag that girl soon with nuptials and/or pregnancy or i sense looming mooning/heartbreak itt

Old 05-05-2018, 02:41 PM   #1672
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
yea we got the joke
I don't get it

Old 05-05-2018, 03:07 PM   #1673
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

It's because there isn't a joke.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:07 PM   #1674
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Just trying to up the post count, people.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #1675
FoolofaTook

story of my life

Old 05-05-2018, 07:49 PM   #1676
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Congratulations on your rain date

Better snag that girl soon with nuptials and/or pregnancy or i sense looming mooning/heartbreak itt
Exactly what I was thinking. If you think you'd like to take things further, you'd better make your feelings known sooner rather than later.

Old 05-05-2018, 09:24 PM   #1677
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. She had domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time.

Old 05-06-2018, 01:37 AM   #1678
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Sorry to betray the spirit of the thread but I went on a great date last night. We met at her place and walked over to Adams Morgan cause it's finally warm out. Halfway there it started raining and we ducked under an awning. I said maybe we should turn back cause we didn't have an umbrella or anything, but she grabbed my hand and said we shouldn't let a little rain prevent us from having a good time. Just then the sky opened up and it started pouring on us. We started running down the street hand-in-hand, laughing and dodging other people who were running for shelter like we were in a bad romantic comedy. By the time we got to the restaurant it had stopped raining but we were totally soaked. We ate at an amazing West African place. She had chicken domoda with jollof and I got egusi with fufu and plantains and we shared. Seriously the best meal I've had in a long time. We talked for a long time and then strolled back to her neighborhood and hit a cocktail bar before heading to her house. We've been seeing each other for awhile now and although at the outset we both agreed we were just looking for something casual, I am starting to sense there is a deeper affection developing between us. She told me she's really busy for the next few weeks so I'm not sure when I will see her again. She works in disaster relief and travels a lot, so although we have been dating since October, we've been out maybe a total of 10-15 times. It makes it kind of hard to judge how serious things are and when would be a good time to ask her how she is feeling about our relationship status. I'm not seeing anyone else and I *think* she is not seeing anyone else, but I'm not completely sure. Regardless, I am left today with this stupid happy afterglow sensation
God, I want it to rain on one of my dates. Although, instead of making it romantic and magical, I'd probably end up making it awkward. Like, we'd get to the restaurant, and I'd eat my meal standing up because sitting on a wooden seat with wet pants would be uncomfortable. She would find this weird and the rest of the dinner would be very tense. Before seeing her off, I would hesitate on whether or not I should hug her, eventually opting not to, because a wet, sticky hug would be uncomfortable. I would never hear from her again.

But glad to hear you folks are digging each other! I think if you're both busy people, being in that hinterland between "casual" and "serious relationship" might actually suit your lifestyles. Like, if you really like each other and are in tune with each other's values, but just can't see each other as often as "couples" do.

Old 05-06-2018, 01:54 AM   #1679
Elphenor
Braindead

i am pretty drink

Old 05-06-2018, 02:13 AM   #1680
Disco King
Minion of Satan

You're a tall glass of water, baby.