Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #1
Ihaman
Sometimes, though.

Default So what is Rouge's power exactly? Why should we care? She's not even important!

I mean, she touches people and steals their power and they get all weak in their knees (they can hardly breathe) and when she stops touching them she loses it. That kinda sucks in a big battle if you think about it, because she never knows what power she's going to get next, or even how to use it. What if she were to touch someone like Jean Grey? Would she be able to pull all that earth-bending shit too?

...and even worse what if she were to touch ****** Clap-wave...how on Earth would she clap and touch him at the same time?

I like ****** Clap-wave, can anyone give me more information on her? and what exactly this wave that comes out of her sassy clap is?

Old 06-01-2006, 02:10 PM   #2
tear stained glass
Minion of Satan

what i don't understand is how magneto isn't as powerful as jean grey. for example, he ought to be able to control water because it has a dipole moment. with some of the power he exhibits with metals, it seems he should even be able to strip off or manipulated electrons on electrically neutral molecules, allowing him to turn people to dust. it would be amusing watching him snap or disintegrate plastic weapons.

also, those needles must have been made out of plastic, and were therefore necessarily duller than ones made out of metal. moreover, they were traveling at high velocity towards their targets. ouch.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:14 PM   #3
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

so i saw that movie last night and when i saw that little boy i thought to myself " billy corgan? you're the cure? it all makes sense now!"

also, that ending was bullshit

Old 06-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #4
Mayfuck
Banned

i'd do anna paquin even if it meant paralyzing coma

Old 06-01-2006, 02:30 PM   #5
Aeroplane
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaman
What if she were to touch someone like Jean Grey? Would she be able to pull all that earth-bending shit too?
Nope, not possible. Jean aka Phoenix would sense her coming by reading her mind.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #6
MeAndMyLlama

human beings have trace amounts of metal in their systems so yeah magneto should be as powerful as jean grey. yeah and rogue is pretty easy to defeat a simple bullet to the head would suffice. just dont think too hard when youre watching these movies. like when i watched signs and it occured to me that our air has moisture in it so the aliens should have died instantly

Old 06-01-2006, 02:38 PM   #7
Andy /

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaman
get all weak in their knees (they can hardly breathe)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU

for getting that fucking song stuck in my head.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #8
Voice Implodes
Minion of Satan

all i remember from the comics, etc. when i was younger is that eventually she can fly and fire blasts from her hands, and some of the powers she absorbs she keeps permanently. she eventually becomes one of the most powerful x-men. but like in the movies, she always considers her powers are curse, because she can't even touch the people, especially her long-time boyfriend, who in the comics is Gambit, not Iceman.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #9
Aeroplane
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice Implodes
all i remember from the comics, etc. when i was younger is that eventually she can fly and fire blasts from her hands, and some of the powers she absorbs she keeps permanently. she eventually becomes one of the most powerful x-men. but like in the movies, she always considers her powers are curse, because she can't even touch the people, especially her long-time boyfriend, who in the comics is Gambit, not Iceman.
it's kind of dumb how she gets her powers in the comics. she absorbs Wonder Girl's, or some barely known Marvel chick (not to get confused with the DC one) after the chick dies and permanently keeps the powers.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #10
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Rouge adds warmth and color to the face and is mostly applied mainly to cheeks. Most of the women desire to look naturally beautiful glowing with a warm tinge to your face to make them look soft and blushing and blush is used for exactly that particular purpose. Blushers can be in variety of hues, tones and consistencies. They come as powder, cream, liquid or gels and each of them have specific purposes and suit different situations. Powder blush is easier to apply than liquid and cream blush. The latter should always be used before powder. Blush can easily be applied by sweeping it downward from the ear to mid-cheek. Mostly, it is applied from top of the ear and ends at the end of the apple of the cheek. Best colors for blush are the ones that are close to skin tone and sheer use of blush is often the best.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #11
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplane
it's kind of dumb how she gets her powers in the comics. she absorbs Wonder Girl's, or some barely known Marvel chick (not to get confused with the DC one) after the chick dies and permanently keeps the powers.
Marvel Girl right?

And I think she still lived.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:56 PM   #12
Aeroplane
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3
Marvel Girl right?

And I think she still lived.
MARVEL Girl. Yeah, that's her! She lived? I thought it killed her. But they brought her back, like they do in all comic soap operas. I'm probably wrong though.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:58 PM   #13
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Rogue’s story starts in Caldecott County, Mississippi, with a young, beautiful woman named Priscilla. Adored by many, including her sister younger, Carrie, Priscilla often went out to parties and came back home drunk. Probably during one of these parties, Priscilla met her lover, Owen, who eventually proposed to her. They married in a very early stage in their relationship and went off to start a commune with a bunch of their friends, planning to go back to nature, as was a common use in those days. The marriage was a bad one and, in an attempt to fix it, Priscilla got pregnant. Nine months later, she gave birth to a baby girl, Anna Marie, with Carrie acting as a midwife. Growing up, Anna-Marie had a happy childhood for a few years. However, still part of the commune, her parents became involved in a crazy plan to reach “the Far Banks,” a dreamland from Native American mythology, where the rules of the physical world no longer applied. The commune even hired a shaman to take them to the Far Banks, but something went wrong during the ceremony.

Owen had planned to sacrifice Priscilla to the spirits of the Far Banks, but somehow she took control of them and angrily closed the mystical place behind her as she vanished. Left alone, Owen asked Carrie to move in and helped him raise his daughter. Anna-Marie, who had been nicknamed Rogue, didn’t have a happy childhood with her aunt though, as she used a rough education on her. It were these events that played a part in her making the decision to run away from home, trying to live all by herself.

In the swamps and holding a gun she either took from her father or picked up somewhere else, Rogue was found by a woman named Raven Darkholme, aka Mystique. The shapeshifter approached Anna-Marie in the guise of a normal-looking friendly woman, and offered her a room and a meal. Rogue accepted and went along. Eventually, Raven and her friend, the blind Irene Adler, aka Destiny, revealed themselves to be mutants, but Rogue wasn’t bothered by that – they were being nice towards her and she agreed on being adopted by them. The couple raised Rogue during the following years. [Rogue (3rd series) #2-3, X-Men Unlimited (1st series) #4]

Contradictory reports exist, but it seems Rogue came to live with Raven and Irene well before her powers manifested. When Rogue got older, she was very popular with the boys of the town and was frequently asked out on dates. Before her powers manifested, the boy she most frequently dated was Cody Robbins. When they shared their first kiss under a full moon, Rogue felt her mind fill with Cody’s memories, and saw Cody simultaneously fall into a lifelong coma.

Scared and confused, Rogue ran away, but some townsfolk became suspicious and, before long, Rogue was chased by a angry mob. While looking at her followers, Rogue bumped into a stranger and fell unconscious. She never saw how she was rescued by the time-traveling Cable, as he quickly dealt with the mutant haters and had also already left before Rogue woke up again. [Rogue (1st series) #1, Cable (2nd series) #87]

[Note: In X-Men Unlimited #4 Rogue is said to have run away from her father because of the incident with Cody, yet a majority of stories establish that Rogue already lived with Mystique before her powers manifested. For example, in Uncanny X-Men #178, Rogue says that Mystique used to comfort her when she had bad nightmares and X-Men (2nd series) #93 shows a photograph of Mystique embracing Rogue with their bare skins being in contact.]

Over the next years, Mystique and Destiny tried to train her how to control her powers as well as they could, but unfortunately they were not professional teachers. Rogue kept dreaming of a normal life, of having a boyfriend like other girls her age would have, and she didn’t want to listen to Mystique’s constant lecturing anymore. One day she was spending some time with another boy, Freddy, who dared Rogue to kiss him. Again, her powers kicked in, but Freddy was luckier than Cody. He woke up fine, though Rogue would never speak to him again. She finally realized that she could not live among normal people and decided to participate in her adoptive mother’s criminal activities. [Classic X-Men #44]

Growing up, Rogue frequently tested her limits. Mystique often needed to keep her in line, as Rogue took her powers too lightly and enjoyed to use her abilities for fun. Rogue also began experimenting with her hair, as she dyed her naturally white streak on top of her head brown, only two replace it with two white streaks on her temples, apparently in an attempt to look older. Mystique did not like this hairdo, but she couldn’t do anything about it. [Marvel Fanfare (1st series) #60, Rogue (3rd series) #10)]

It was in these times that Rogue got to know the mysterious woman known as Blindspot. Mystique and Destiny often worked together with this mutant during their criminal missions, though the three never truly liked each other. Rogue and Blindspot became close friends, mainly because they found out that Blindspot’s powers were so alike to Rogue’s that they could touch without Rogue’s absorbing her. During their final mission together, they were hired to travel to Japan and break into the house of Lord Dark Wind, the father of Lady Deathstrike, and steal his plans for the adaman- tium bonding process. In order to succeed, they had to team-up with Sunfire, who hadn’t long before discovered his mutant powers. During the mission, Sunfire was knocked out and Rogue “borrowed” his flame powers. She happened to like flying quite a lot and would have wanted to keep these abilities, but they faded too, however not before Rogue destroyed major parts of Dark Wind’s estate. Although they hadn’t accomplished their actual mission, the Brotherhood still classified this as a victory and, to celebrate it, Blindspot took a picture of Mystique, Rogue and Sunfire with Dark Wind’s burning property in the background. Back home, though, Mystique had enough of Blindspot and kicked her out of the group. To protect herself, Blindspot erased not only Mystique’s but also Rogue’s and everyone else’s memory of her to move on without being recognized. [Rogue (3rd series) #10-11]

Life went on for Rogue, Mystique and Destiny as if nothing had happened. In time, Destiny received precognitive visions that warned her about the Avenger known as Ms. Marvel costing Rogue her soul one day. She discussed it with Mystique, who then vowed to not allow this, even if it would kill her. In the room next door, Rogue overheard only the last part and decided to hunt down Ms. Marvel herself to protect her mother. [Marvel Super Heroes (2nd series) #11] However, Ms. Marvel had vanished from Earth and the Avengers‘ active roster, having been taken to Limbo by Marcus, and was nowhere to be found.

When Mystique’s Brotherhood of Evil Mutants made their public debut, Destiny had convinced Mystique to keep Rogue back from the mission as a failsafe. Destiny proved to be correct, for all of the Brotherhood, except for Mystique, were captured in their first mission by the X-Men. [Uncanny X-Men #141-142]

Somewhat later, Rogue learned that Carol Danvers had returned and was now living in San Francisco. Unaware that this would actually cause the danger that Destiny had predicted, she tracked Danvers down and battled her on the Golden Gate Bridge. Carol resisted Rogue’s absorption effect like nobody before and something went wrong. Rogue found that, somehow, her metabolism had fully permanently retained and held Ms. Marvel's mind and powers. Fearing for her own sanity and identity, as she kept hearing Carol's voice in her head, Rogue threw Danvers’ body off the bridge, hoping that her physical death would also kill the voice in her head. Luckily for Danvers, she was rescued by Spider-Woman, who brought the comatose woman to a hospital, where later Professor Charles Xavier could partially restore her memories (though not the emotional ties attached to them). [Marvel Super Heroes (2nd series) #11]

Under Mystique’s guidance, Rogue proceeded to attack the Avengers one by one, absorbing the powers of Thor and Captain America and, along with Raven impersonating Nick Fury, she tried to free the rest of the Brotherhood from prison. However, the remaining Avengers and Spider-Woman arrived in time to prevent the breakout. As most of her stolen powers were already fading, Rogue escaped with Mystique to avoid being captured as well. [Avengers Annual #10]

Several weeks later, the X-Men sneaked into the Pentagon with the help of Carol Danvers to delete their data files. In one of the corridors, they ran into Rogue - who was there thanks to Mystique's secret identity as a government agent - and,

immediately, a fight started. Rogue absorbed both Wolverine and Storm but, inexperienced with the weather powers, she could not control them. After regaining consciousness, Storm created an air vortex to carry Rogue away, as she did not want to endanger the Pentagon personnel by a fight. [Uncanny X-Men #158]

Soon, Mystique tried once more to spring her teammates from prison. Rogue and Mystique easily defeated the guards but Rom, the Spaceknight, discovered the breakout. He easily rendered the Blob, Pyro and Avalanche unconscious, because they fought unorganized. Mystique was angry about them not following her orders and decided to leave them in prison for a while longer. Searching for new allies, Mystique, Destiny and Rogue found Hybrid (a half-human, half-Dire Wraith) and offered to team up with him against their common enemies: Rom and the X-Men. In combat with Rom, Rogue touched his Galadorian armor and absorbed some of his inherent nobility in the process. When Hybrid revealed his plans to turn the entire Earth, even mutants, into his slaves and cattle, the mutant trio opposed him before fleeing. While Rom battled Hybrid alone, Rogue showed potential for goodness the first time, as she went back against Mystique’s orders, finding she could not bring herself to leave without helping the Spaceknight. [ROM #31-32]

Wanting revenge on the X-Men for having spoiled their plan to assassinate Senator Kelly, Mystique and her partners assaulted the Angel, the only X-Men whose true identity was publicly known. During the fight, Rogue was supposed to absorb the knowledge of the X-Men’s whereabouts from Worthington’s mind but she freaked out. Rogue did not want to use her powers on him, as the wings were a physical mutation and Rogue feared what effect that would have on her. While distracted with their own problems, Dazzler, who at the time was dating the Angel, took Rogue and Mystique by surprise with her light powers.

Rogue then developed a grudge against Dazzler, the woman who had everything that she wanted. Having been a fan of her music before, she now saw that Alison Blaire had also a controllable mutant power and a beautiful boyfriend. She fought Dazzler a few more times until the songstress went into hiding with her secret of being a mutant having been publicly outed. [Dazzler #22-24, 28]

Slowly, the personality and memories that Rogue had permanently absorbed from Ms. Marvel began to overpower Rogue‘s mind, affecting her control and her sanity. Finally, after she saw that Mystique clearly couldn't aid her with her problems, she turned to Charles Xavier and the X-Men, her greatest foes, and asked for help. Xavier telepathically examined Rogue and found that she was genuine in her request and he agreed to take her in, despite the X-Men's insistences otherwise. Their major concern was the effects it would have on Carol Danvers, by then using the alias and new powers of Binary, who had been living at the mansion ever since Rogue had attacked her.

When she returned home, Carol knocked Rogue through the roof and straight into orbit, before announcing that she would leave if Rogue was allowed to stay. She then followed the Starjammers invitation to accompany them to outer space, as she no longer had any emotional ties to her friends and family holding her back – all because of Rogue. [Uncanny X-Men #171]

Shortly after moving into the X-Men's headquarters, Rogue changed her hair back to its original style with the single white streak, possibly to reflect her inner change and to support the idea of a fresh start.

Naturally, the X-Men were suspicious of the former enemy among their ranks, especially Wolverine, who was good friends with Carol Danvers due to the time they worked together as spies years ago. However, slowly but surely, Rogue gained the X-Men’s trust, for example, by risking her own life to save Wolverine’s fiancé, Mariko Yashida. [Uncanny X-Men #173]

, Mystique noticed that Rogue had left the house and, before long, she tried to get her daughter back. While the Brotherhood kept the rest of the X-Men busy, Mystique infiltrated the mansion and knocked out Xavier. Actually, she believed that he must have mentally controlled Rogue to make her abandon the Brotherhood but, after Rogue stated that it was her own choice to join the X-Men, considering that Xavier might be her last chance to learn how to control her power, Mystique reluctantly agreed and left. [Uncanny X-Men #178]

Checking the mansion’s answering machine after returning from a mission, Rogue found a message from Colonel Mike Rossi, asking for help. Hearing the voice of the former lover of Ms. Marvel, Rogue immediately went to help him and rescued him from the SHIELD Heli-Carrier. Without realizing it, she accessed memories and personality traits of Carol Danvers, even her voice and accent changed. Finally, after snapping out of it, she understood the full amount of her crime for the first time. She had stolen the very identity of Carol Danvers; emotions, personality and memories – everything that had made her the person she was, was forever lost to Carol and locked away in Rogue’s head. [Uncanny X-Men #182]

After being framed for murder, the government planned to use a prototype power neutralizer on Rogue. Mystique learned of this in her guise as a governmental employee and, also, Destiny predicted the danger. They alerted Storm to Rogue’s whereabouts, as she had run away to her native area in Mississippi, feeling unable to deal with her life. After she had found her, Storm and Rogue finally sorted out their differences and Ororo proved her trust by volunteering to let Rogue absorb her power. Amazed by the way Storm saw the world in energy patterns, Rogue was tempted to permanently absorb the weather abilities but resisted, not wanting to betray the trust placed in her.

All of a sudden, Henry Peter Gyrich and his forces attacked and it became painfully clear that Mystique had not revealed the full extent of Destiny’s vision. Whoever would come to Rogue’s aid would have to take her place and it was now Storm who was hit by the power dampening blast meant for Rogue. [Uncanny X-Men #185]

With Storm incapable, Nightcrawler became temporary leader of the team, and he tried to test Rogue for the seventh sense that Ms. Marvel had possessed. After his randomly teleporting and tickling her, Rogue was very annoyed and finally managed to hit the exact spot where Kurt would next appear. It seemed that she was only able to manifest this vague ability under great stress, and she had absolutely no interest to develop this ability any further. [Uncanny X-Men #192]

When attacked by Nimrod, the Super Sentinel from the future, the X-Men were almost defeated. Buried under the rubble of a construction site, Rogue saw no other chance than to absorb the powers of her unconscious teammates all at once, even though it meant to risk permanent disfigurement by absorbing physical attributes like Nightcrawler’s tail and the steel skin of Colossus. The gamble worked, as Nimrod was confused by Rogue’s use of multiple mutant signatures at once. Since after the fight Rogue’s changed form reverted back to her regular appearance, she no longer had reservations against using her powers on physical mutations. [Uncanny X-Men #194]

When the team later encountered Freedom Force, Rogue even drained the time-dancing witch, Spiral, and gained her six arms. However, with the magician having the stronger will, it was Spiral who controlled Rogue’s mind for the duration of the transfer. [Uncanny X-Men #206]

During the Mutant Massacre, history seemed to repeat itself. Rogue was temporarily rendered vulnerable by Scrambler’s power canceling effect and, as she was about to be hit with one of Harpoon’s energy lances, her teammate Kitty Pryde jumped in between, believing to phase both of them to safety. Yet, the energy spear interacted with Kitty’s intangible form, leaving her stuck in phased state. Rogue was saved, but once again at the prize of a teammate’s powers being screwed up. [Uncanny X-Men #211]

Soon afterwards, Dazzler found herself attacked by the Marauders too and somewhat reluctantly joined the X-Men, as she by herself provided a too easy target. To get into shape, Dazzler excessively trained in the Danger Room and Rogue was not too pleased when she learned that Alison was running simulations with Rogue as the villain. However, after saving each other lives in battle against the Marauders, the two women sorted out their differences and made amends with each other. [Uncanny X-Men #220-221]

During the Fall of the Mutants, the X-Men battled an mystical entity known as the Adversary, who was bent on destroying and remaking the multiverse. In the final battle, the X-Men's physical and spiritual essences were used as fuel for Forge's energy star, which closed the doorway to the Adversary’s plane of existence and saved the multiverse. They, in effect, died. Roma, a prisoner of the Adversary and guardian of the multiverse, used her powers to recreate the fallen X-Men from scratch, making her own minor alterations. Now invisible to cameras and all forms of detection equipment, the X-Men resettled to Australia, claiming an abandoned ghost town in the Australian Outback, formerly used by the Reavers, as their new base of operations. [Uncanny X-Men #227, 229]

The X-Men used their new status to attack anti-mutant threats around the world, which also brought them in conflict with the island nation of Genosha. Rogue and Wolverine were captured by their own super powered agents, the Press Gang, and the unthinkable happened as Wipeout fully canceled their abilities. For the first time in years, Rogue was able to experience skin to skin contact, though it now happened against her will. Thanks to a special form of digitalized teleportation, Rogue arrived naked in the prison of Genosha and, apparently, the guards took a few liberties when they put her into a cell. Rogue completely withdrew into her subconscious. There, she found out that some psychic residue had remained of all people she had absorbed and now these phantoms tried to overwhelm her. As Rogue was fighting for sanity and control within her mind, unexpected help was provided by the permanently absorbed personality of Carol Danvers. She was as more than the psychic residue; in fact, she was as solid and real as Rogue. As Carol, with her spy training, was more suited for escaping from the prison without any superpowers, Rogue let Carol take over. [Uncanny X-Men #236]

From then on, Carol and Rogue agreed on a new modus operandi - the two personalities would actually share the body, with each having their times of dominance, or acting as back-up when one was rendered unconscious. It also seemed that Carol had no trouble to keep the absorption power under control. While she was using the body, she touched Psylocke's bare skin without any effect. Evidently, Rogue’s lack of control was strictly psychological in nature. [Uncanny X-Men #239]

During Inferno, the X-Men were demonically influenced and started to behave strangely. Rogue was scared by the experience, as it showed her what another presence in her mind could make her do; and afterwards she no longer allowed the Ms. Marvel persona to surface, prompting Carol to take control by force. When the X-women went shopping to California Mall, where they would run into Jubilee, Carol decided to get a new hairdo in Ms. Marvel style [Uncanny X-Men #244] and, later when she picked up some personal belonging from her old apartment, she even made Rogue wear the Ms. Marvel costume.

The two women did not manage to get their difficulties sorted out again, as soon after the X-Men fought an all-out battle with the merged Nimrod / Master Mold Sentinel, which ended with the robot being pulled through the Siege Perilous, a mystic gateway that judged all beings and placed them into different lives. On its way into the portal, Nimrod / Master Mold grabbed Rogue, ready to take her along. The X-Men were unsure what to do but, knowing that this was their only chance at victory, Rogue ordered Dazzler to blast both the robot and herself through the Siege. It was said that everyone who entered the magical portal would be judged by the highest of powers, the good and ill of their lives being weighed in the cosmic balance, only to be reborn into a new life without remembering the old one. [Uncanny X-Men #246-247]

Weeks later, Rogue emerged in her room in the Australian Outback town with her memory completely intact. At first, she thought that the whole explanation of cosmic balance and second chances was a hoax, but then she discovered that she no longer had Carol‘s abilities and memories. She was now ground-bound and vulnerable but, suddenly, she was attacked by Ms. Marvel.

Turned out that the Siege Perilous had attempted to separate the two women and provide each one with a body her own, yet there wasn't enough lifeforce to sustain both of them. Rogue tried to escape through Gateway’s portals to the Savage Land, while Ms. Marvel ended up at Muir Island. However, after being possessed by the Shadow King, she followed Rogue and continued the battle. Whoever had the upper hand of the battle was healthy, while the other withered away. Rogue was about to give up, since she didn’t want to “kill“ Ms. Marvel for a second time, when suddenly Magneto stepped in. He rendered both unconscious and, when Rogue woke up, Magneto had used machinery to drain / kill Carol‘s body and restore Rogue to full power, without the Carol personality in her head. [Uncanny X-Men #269]

Having nowhere else to go, Rogue remained with Magneto for a while to recuperate. Since her absorption powers were temporarily scrambled by the power transfer, they could touch and had the beginnings of a relationship. The pair found themselves caught in a war over the Savage Land, and they tried to aid Shield and Ka-Zar to defend the land from Zaladane and the Savage Land Mutates. Rogue‘s abilities (both her own and those of Ms. Marvel) resurfaced halfway during the conflict, right in time to change the odds in their favor. However, Rogue was turned away by Magneto's bloodthirstiness when he killed Zaladane, and she ended their romance before it even began. [Uncanny X-Men #274-275]

As she was unable to contact the X-Men, they were busy in Shi’Ar space at the time, Rogue decided to head to Muir Island. However, the supreme telepath known as the Shadow King had taken over the minds of the residents there and Rogue fell under his influence too. Soon, the many residents battled each other in tournaments held by Moira MacTaggert, much to the delight of the Shadow King, who fed of the negative emotional energies bundled through Polaris. Once they returned to Earth, the X-Men tried to help, but were captured as well, with only Forge being still free. He developed a neutral spike cannon and psionic catalyst and succeeded in freeing Rogue, Banshee and Wolverine from the mind control. Together with Xavier and X-Factor, they were able to free all of the Muir Islanders and defeat the Shadow King for quite some time. [Uncanny X-Men #278-280]

The X-Men were officially established again, with the original five X-Men and several other former members returning to the fold. In fact there were enough X-Men to divide them into two squads. Rogue was assigned to the Blue Strike Force led by Cyclops, also including Wolverine, Beast, Psylocke and Gambit, who had joined the X-Men during Rogue’s absence. Their first mission of the new team involved battling Magneto, the man she might have loved, but the master of magnetism didn’t listen to any of Rogue’s attempts to convince him to stop the fight and attacked her without remorse. [X-Men (2nd series) #1-3]

Both of them being from the Southern parts of the United States, Rogue and Gambit hit off well right from the start and, after some initial flirtation, they started dating. [X-Men (2nd series) #4]

Gambit was a man of secrets and mysteries. Just like Rogue, he kept his real name secret, only for the time-traveling X-Man, Bishop, to reveal it as Remy LeBeau and accuse him of eventually becoming a traitor to the team. Though she knew neither man well, Rogue sided with Gambit in this conflict, reasoning that the Cajun couldn’t be held accountable for something he had not yet done. However, when later that day a woman showed up at the X-Men’s doorstep, claiming to be Gambit’s wife, she was not sure about trusting Gambit anymore. He explained himself, though, that the woman was Bella Donna Boudreaux, a member of a rivaling guild from New Orleans, and, while Gambit had indeed married her, he had not seen her in many years and considered their relationship long over. [X-Men (2nd series) #8]

Stryfe‘s assassination attempt on Xavier with a special form of the techno-organic virus united all of the X-Teams to hunt the villain down during the X-Cutioner’s Song. In battle with his minions, the Mutant Liberation Front, Rogue’s eyes were damaged by Strobe’s heat blast. Temporarily blinded, Rogue was taken off the active roster and took some time to recover. Gambit help Rogue cope with the situation in his own, special way. He showed her the difference between trust and blind faith by letting her walk on a springboard but catching her before falling. Also, with him as navigator, Rogue even flew, though still not being able to see a thing. [X-Men (2nd series) #15, 17, 19]

Her feelings for Gambit grew and, after her sight had returned, the pair spent a romantic night out in New York. Rogue even offered to tell Gambit her real name but he declined, saying that names didn't say anything about who a person is. [X-Men (2nd series) #24] Not much later, Gambit was called back to his home to avenge his brother's death and Rogue accompanied him. During their stay in New Orleans, she accidentally absorbed part of Bella Donna's mind. Along came the memories of the happy times she spent with Gambit – kissing, touching and loving one another – all things denied to Rogue. For a split-second, Rogue was tempted to touch Bella Donna again and permanently absorb it, but she reminded herself that it was wrong and the absorption wore off. [Gambit (1st series) #2, 4]

Back at Westchester, Rogue was part of the X-Men team that succeeded in bringing in Sabretooth, who began living in the detention chambers beneath the mansion. He knew enough about Gambit's past to taunt Rogue with some bits and pieces of it. She finally asked for more and Sabretooth told her about Paris, where Gambit made a girl named Genevieve fall in love with him just so he could steal a jewel that she herself stole. Remy later let the girl die when Creed forced him to choose between her and his brother. This haunting story stayed with Rogue for weeks, not sure as to if she should continue to risk her heart with the Cajun. However, in time, both of them agreed to work through their differences and finally confronted Sabretooth together. [X-Men (2nd series) #33, 38]

On Rogue‘s annual visit to Cody Robbins' hospital bed, Bella Donna used the Assassin's Guild she commanded to kidnap Cody, in retaliation for Rogue stealing part of her mind. Rogue and Gambit followed the Assassins and, in the final battle against Bella Donna and the External, Candra, Cody died, after over a decade being in a coma. Tante Mattie, the Guilds‘ spiritual healer, arranged a last meeting between Cody and Rogue on the astral plane. The boy held no grudges against Rogue. In fact, he knew that Rogue was not to blame for not having known about her mutant powers. Before departing to the afterlife, Cody told Rogue to move on. [Rogue (1st series) #1-4]

Both Rogue and Gambit were with the X-Men in Israel when the M'Kraan Crystal was about to destroy Earth and the rest of the universe as well. Just as the crystal wave struck, Rogue took her final chance and kissed Gambit passionately, thinking it to be their last seconds together. [X-Men (2nd series) #41]

However, the crystal wave washed over without effect, (actually the timeline was warped into an alternate reality, and then rebooted again) and Gambit was left comatose from Rogue's kiss, with Rogue possessing a large part of his memories and dark secrets. It was too much for her to deal with properly and, confused, she ran away from the X-men to wander the country. Iceman volunteered to go with her and keep her company. After a few days, Gambit awoke from his coma and chased them down. When he found them, Rogue told him that she didn't know exactly what she had seen within him, only that it was something terrible and that it had been haunted him ever since. As Gambit wouldn’t confide in her and outright tell her what his dark secret was, Rogue reasoned that, if they couldn't trust each other, they also couldn't love each other. She then quit the X-Men for good, having a lot to think about. [X-Men (2nd series) #42-45]

Rogue moved to South Carolina and began working as a waitress. She was found, however, by operatives of Operation Zero Tolerance. They kidnapped her and were preparing to kill her when one of the OZT soldiers started throwing off magnetic pulses, freeing Rogue and taking down Bastion, the head of Zero Tolerance. He revealed himself to be Joseph. (a clone of Magneto, twenty years younger and on the side of the angels) Rogue was unsure how to handle the man in front of her, as he seemed to be a de-aged Magneto. They began traveling by car to reach the X-Men, but Onslaught happened first. [X-Men Unlimited #11] The X-Men and Avengers had teamed up to defeat Onslaught and had learned that Magneto might have caused Xavier's change into Onslaught, somehow. Therefore, an Avengers/X-Men team, consisting of Captain America, Gambit, Vision, Iron Man, Thor and Magneto's children, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, were sent out to find and subdue him. They encountered Rogue and Joseph and, after a short battle, were convinced of “Magneto“ having genuinely changed for the better. Rogue and Joseph traveled back to New York with the Avengers and X-Men team to confront Onslaught. [Avengers (1st series) #401, X-Men (2nd series) #55]

After Onslaught was destroyed, Rogue and Joseph joined the X-Men. Rogue was attracted to both Joseph and Gambit, causing intense friction between all three. Joseph thought night and day about a way to cure Rogue’s condition and finally he came up with a modification of the Z’Nox chamber in the mansion’s basement. Originally used by Xavier to shield his mind from alien detection, Joseph had modified the necessary equipment to shield himself from any power transfer while giving Rogue a Christmas kiss. [Uncanny X-Men #341]

Later that day, the X-Men confronted Gladiator, leader of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, who then teleported Beast, Rogue, Joseph, Gambit, Bishop and Trish Tilby to the Shi'Ar Empire to defeat the Phalanx and keep them from destroying the entire Imperium. Among this squad, Beast was the senior member, yet all turned to Rogue for leadership and she filled the expected role. In their battles against the Phalanx, they were accompanied by Deathbird, a member of the Shi'Ar Imperial family and former enemy of the X-Men. Against all odds, they succeeded and Deathbird was taking them back to Earth through a Shi'Ar Stargate when a larger ship destroyed the Stargate and the X-Men crash-landed in Antarctica. There, they were confronted by a trio of bounty hunters from Gambit's past and Nanny, the robot guard who once before had held the X-Men prisoner in Magneto’s Antarctica base. With their powers negated by an inhibitor field and unable to escape, Rogue and Remy spent their first night together. Albeit prisoners of their enemies, they used the chance to physically express their love to each other – they had sex. [Uncanny X-Men #348]

The next day, Gambit was put on trial by someone wearing the guise of Erik the Red (later revealed to have been Magneto), and the X-Men were joined by Angel, Psylocke and their new ally, Maggott. During the trial, Rogue and the others learned of Gambit's past dealings with Sinister and the Marauders when Rogue was forced to absorb Gambit’s mind. Immediately, she rejected him and, when the X-Men departed to Westchester, Rogue left him in Antarctica, though to a certain degree her decision was influenced by Remy’s own residue personality in her head. He wanted to atone for his crime and deemed this an appropriate punishment. [Uncanny X-Men #350]

At one point, Rogue was given the chance to have her powers removed. She had learned of the Agee Institute through TV news and, after checking it out, she found that Dr. Agee really was capable of removing the mutant gene. When Mystique learned of Rogue’s plan, she became rather angry with her adoptive daughter. However, despite all of Mystique’s warnings, Rogue still was about to undergo the treatment. She only declined in the last instant for one sole reason: Rogue feared that the device would be used on other mutants against their will and, without her strength, she would have had no way to make sure that the apparatus would be destroyed after her operation. She made the hard decision and destroyed the machine, which could have given her a normal life. [Uncanny X-Men #359]

Driven by guilt, Rogue secretly sneaked out of the mansion and flew to Antarctica to search for Gambit, yet she found no trace of him or the mysterious fortress where the trial took place. Little did she know, he had already made his way back to civilization with the help of the mysterious New Sun. Eventually, Gambit ran across some of the X-Men in Japan and returned with them to Westchester, having been granted a second chance. To sort out their relationship, he and Rogue spent a day in Boston, where they found themselves under attack by Kali. During the battle, it was obvious that they still loved each other but Remy still couldn’t bring himself to express his feelings. Rogue realized that she had been pushing him and apologized, but also said that she wouldn’t wait for him forever. [Uncanny X-Men #361, X-Men (2nd series) #81]

After the Magneto War and Joseph's funeral, Rogue was left behind while the other X-Men were abducted for a journey through time and dimensions. She flew to Genosha, now under Magneto’s rule, to try and reason with the man she came to know as a friend once more. Yet, after aiding Quicksilver and the Genoshan Cabinet in fighting off the Mutate known as Zealot, Magneto ordered her to leave the nation or face criminal charges. [Magneto Rex #1-3]

When the team returned home, however, Xavier began to become mentally unhinged, due to the betrayal of his invention, Cerebro, Magneto's overthrow of Genosha and the death of Joseph. Xavier pushed the X-Men too far and Storm called in Scott and Jean to reason with the Professor. They failed to help Xavier, who then dissolved the X-Men and told them to go their own way, since he had no use for failures. The majority of the team left on personal vacations and Storm stayed behind to keep Xavier from harming himself. [Uncanny X-Men #372] Rogue, Nightcrawler and Shadowcat began their vacation in Manhattan. There, they met up with Mystique, who was on the run from the Japanese government. She was being tracked by Sunfire, but Rogue managed to convince Shiro that Mystique was innocent of the murders she was being charged with. Together, they discovered the true villains, Skrull shapeshifters, disguised as Mastermind and Mesmero. After settling things with Mystique and Sunfire, they received a call that Wolverine had been killed on the surrogate X-Men's mission to save the Mannites. At the mansion, Xavier revealed that he had only pretended to lose control in order to uncover a traitor he had sensed in their midst. The traitor was discovered when Wolverine's deceased body reverted to its true form: that of a Skrull warrior. [X-Men (2nd series) #93-94]The true Wolverine had been kidnapped months ago by Skrulls working with Apocalypse, who brainwashed Logan into becoming his Horseman of Death. However, the X-Men were able to snap him out of the mental hold and also stopped Apocalypse’s plans to extract the energies of the mutants only referred to as the Twelve, which would have granted him omnipotence.

Weeks later, the High Evolutionary activated an anti-mutation wave that switched off the mutant gene in everyone across the planet. Finally completely normal, Rogue worked for her law degree and tried to get Mystique out of jail, for she had been caught when her mutation was canceled. However, Rogue refused to use criminal methods to get her surrogate mother out of jail, even though the shapeshifter was nearly driven insane by being stuck in one form and confined to limited space. When the X-Men learned that the anti-mutation wave was going to reverse itself and horribly mutate the entire world, however, Rogue immediately returned to the team to stop the disaster. They raided the Evolutionary's satellite, disabled the anti-mutation field and defeated Sinister, who had been manipulating the Evolutionary. With her powers active again, Mystique soon broke out of prison and she vowed vengeance on Rogue for abandoning her when needing her most. [X-Men (2nd series) #99, Uncanny X-Men #380]

About six months later, Rogue was elected the new field leader for one X-Men squad. Other members that had filled the position before were either busy with the other team or unavailable for other reasons. Among those still at the mansion, Rogue was the only one with the needed experience, skill and attention to take the job. [X-Men (2nd series) #103] She successfully led the X-Men against the Crimson Pirates, the Goth and the Neo and proved herself to have a good instinct for making hard and risky decisions. Her style varied a lot from Storm’s or Cyclops‘, who usually chose to play it safe.

During the crisis known as Maximum Security, Earth was turned into a penal colony for alien prisoners. Rogue encountered the Blood Brothers attacking Z'Cann, one of Xavier's Cadre K. Rogue drove off the attackers but Z'Cann was critically wounded. The Skrull girl deliberately made contact with Rogue, transferring her memories of Xavier's plans to the mutant. With this information, the X-Men managed to meet and rescue Bishop, who had returned from deep space. They later teamed up with many of Earth's heroes to drive off the alien invasion. Unfortunately, Z'Cann was unfamiliar with Rogue’s powers and, to make sure that the information would be received, she even boosted Rogue’s absorption power with her own telepathy. As a result, her Skrull Deviant genes mixed with Rogue's half-Kree physiology in an unexpected manner.

Rogue was now capable of calling forth the memories and abilities of anyone she had absorbed in the past. She could not control this manifestation of her powers and would spontaneously sprout claws, fire optic blasts or adapt organic steel skin. She gained some self-control through meditative training with Wolverine but, because of the disability her new powers gave her, Rogue stepped down as team leader. [X-Men (2nd series) #107, Uncanny X-Men #388]

Around the same time, Mystique led the Brotherhood in another attempt to kill Senator Kelly and spread the Legacy Virus to humans only. Rogue, Bishop and Wolverine confronted Mystique on Muir Island. In the fight, it became painfully clear that Mystique still held a grudge against Rogue for having abandoned her in a time of need. She used a blade on Rogue’s gut, causing a serious wound that would have been fatal, if Rogue had been without Wolverine’s healing abilities. Rogue recovered quickly and returned the “favor“ on Mystique, inflicting a similar, critical knife wound. Still, victory was too late, as Moira MacTaggert died because of the injuries received when the Brotherhood blew up her lab complex. [Bishop: The Last X-Man #16]

As a result of this conflict, however, Rogue and the X-Men learned of Destiny's journals, a collection of diaries written by the deceased precog that depicted the future of mutantkind. Soon afterwards, Storm decided that the Diaries of Destiny required special attention. Remembering the Onslaught disaster, she did not trust Charles Xavier with such power and, instead, gathered a select group of X-Men to aid her in searching for the diaries: Rogue, Beast, Bishop, Psylocke, Thunderbird and Sage. They left Westchester quietly in the dead of night and cut all ties to their former colleagues, except Wolverine, who would act as a liaison. Gambit would have liked to accompany the team, yet Rogue vetoed this, for fearing to accidentally hurt or kill Remy with her haywire powers. Though already bad enough to endanger friends and teammates, she could not stand to risk the life of her lover. [X-Men (2nd series) #109]

Rogue and her companions began their search with a visit to Spain, where the late Destiny possessed a house. Inside, they found fake identities created for them and other documents that transferred all of Destiny’s possessions to Rogue. Not much later, they came to be investigating a murder in Australia, with Gambit as the prime suspect. [X-Treme X-Men #4, 6]

Rogue and Remy were only reunited for a short time before he was kidnapped by Shaitan, emissary of a vast inter-dimensional army. Gambit was used as the focal point of a device that summoned the endless legions of the warlord, Khan, to Earth for an invasion. Thanks to a force field covering the island of Madripoor - the entry point of the invading force - the X-Treme X-Men were the only super-team present to deal with the threat from the inside. While some of the team infiltrated Khan's tower, Rogue stayed behind as a diversion, with her powers supercharged by Sage's "jumpstart" effect so that she could summon on command any power imprint she had absorbed in the past.

Still, she suffered many injuries in combat, however, and none worse than having her enemy Vargas drive his sword through her body and Gambit's. Rogue survived, in no small part due to Wolverine's healing factor, and revenged herself on Vargas but her system was trashed. The jumpstart and resulting mass trauma to her system shorted out her powers: not only did she lose her numerous "extra" powers but also the Ms. Marvel's abilities and her own absorption talent. Gambit suffered a similar fate after being used as a gateway between dimensions, so the two of them retired from active duty with the X-Men. [X-Treme X-Men #12-19]

After traveling the world a bit, Rogue and Gambit found a place to stay in Valle Soleada, California. They liked it because, there, mutants and humans were actually living together in peace: Xavier’s dream come true! Quickly, they made new friends, for example a mutant named Paint, who gave Rogue a free tattoo on her left arm that could easily be removed again if she wanted it undone. To better fit in, Rogue used the fake name of Anna Raven (the last name obviously being a nod to Mystique) when she got a job as a garage mechanic. Turned out she was quite good at it and she provided her income the honest way, whereas Gambit would stroll away for some thieving tours every now and then. Naturally, the pair couldn‘t stay away from the X-Men for too long. After a few months of happiness, they were visited by the X-Treme X-Men team, who were investigating some odd events going on in Valle Soleada. [X-Treme X-Men X-Posé #2, X-Treme X-Men #31]

Apparently, someone was trying to turn the neighborhood into a “mutant-only” place, and baseline humans not willing to sell their houses were threatened and blackmailed to comply. Even Rogue was targeted and was attacked by the X-Men’s old adversary Revenant, who made Rogue experience her worst fears in a series of nightmares in which she turned into Mystique and killed all her teammates. Most surprisingly, the trail led to the local branch of the X-Corporation, which had been infiltrated by the mysterious villain called Elias Bogan. The X-Men helped the X-Corporation L.A. to expose the villain’s activities and, despite being powerless, Gambit and Rogue tagged along as well, relying only on their intellect and their hand to hand combat training. While attacking Bogan’s base, the heroes were confronted with illusionary scenarios modeled after their worst fears, - in Rogue’s case it was once again turning into a terrorist like Mystique. However, she focused and managed to gather all her strength to overcome Bogan’s influence. Eventually, all the X-Men emerged victorious and, while Bogan escaped, his base was destroyed. [X-Treme X-Men #32-35, 41-45]

Shortly thereafter, the X-Men learned that, in their absence, a fake Magneto destroyed major parts of New York and Xavier’s mansion in Westchester. Storm’s team didn’t hesitate to rush back home to help, for which Rogue asked Sage to jumpstart Gambit’s powers again. Sage did as asked and apparently she also offered to do the same to Rogue, who was not ready yet to give up the ability to touch her lover. However, it seems that during the long weeks that Xavier’s mansion was rebuilt, Rogue’s absorption powers returned by themselves, her body obviously having fully recovered. While she and Gambit would have preferred some downtime to come to terms with this, they were put on the active roster of the team led by Havok when Cyclops reorganized the entire X-Men in the wake of Xavier’s departure to Genosha. Just like the other X-Men, Rogue was given a squad of students to teach, which she happened to enjoy very much. [X-Treme X-Men #46, Uncanny X-Men #444, X-Men (2nd series) #157]

Tragedy struck already on the new team’s first mission. Investigating the sighting of a new mysterious mutant in China, the X-Men were battled by the Eight Immortals, super-powered protectors of the ancient Chinese Homeland. During the fight, Rogue knocked over one of the Immortals, making him lose his aim. The bullet hit Gambit’s charged up card, making it explode right into the Cajun’s own face, blinding him. [X-Men (2nd series) #158-160] This put a further strain to the lovers‘ relationship, already unable to touch Rogue, Gambit now could not see her anymore either. While Rogue hardly stayed away from his side, Gambit often blamed her for his condition, making both of them feel bad. During one of their arguments, Gambit became so angry over being dependent that he pushed Rogue away. [Rogue (3rd series) #1]

The X-Men’s next mission took the team to Rogue’s birthtown, Caldecott, Mississippi. Needing some time away from Gambit, she decided to stay there afterwards and sort out her past. Returning home, she learned that her father had not been there in several years, and that her Aunt Carrie now owned the place. Carrie was unwilling to talk, so Rogue simply absorbed the things she wanted to know from her, and thus learned about some of the events that happened between her parents. She also managed to track down the shaman, Lorenzo Moontreader, who back then had performed the ritual in which Rogue’s mother, Priscilla, had disappeared. Rogue’s quest was interrupted several times - by some evil spirits attacked the town, by a young girl that looked exactly like Rogue and was hunted by these spirits, by the mysterious Campbell St. Ange, who claimed to have known Rogue’s mother and was somehow immune to Rogue’s absorption talent, and eventually by Gambit himself, who had tracked down Rogue in order to make up with her.

In order to solve the puzzle, all the players entered the Far Banks, the dream realm that Priscilla had been taken to nearly twenty years ago. Turned out that she had created a Rogue’s twin from a spirit, so not to be alone in this strange place. However, as she got older and explored the physical world, Priscilla had sent the spirits after her. As the continued attacks endangered both worlds, Campbell had arranged for the X-Men to be lured to Caldecott, as he knew only the real Rogue would be able to end the problem. Face to face with her real daughter, Priscilla was about to destroy her creation, though Rogue intervened. She absorbed the construct into herself, thus gaining the experience and memories of having been raised by her own mother. Mother and daughter exchanged a few happy moments until discovered that Priscilla’s physical form had been destroyed when she came to the Far Banks, but driven by anger and rage, she had survived in this form. Now confronted with this knowledge, Priscilla discorporated, giving Rogue a final goodbye. Once back on Earth, Rogue visited her aunt again and made up with her, before returning to the X-Men. [Rogue (3rd series) #1-6]

At Christmas, Rogue asked Sage to use her powers on Gambit another time. In combination with some earlier attempts to cure his blindness by some of the X-Men’s healers, Sage’s “jumpstart“ effect worked and restored Gambit’s sight. Soon thereafter, when Rogue and Gambit went on a date, Rogue found a weird-looking disc in Gambit’s coat. The disk containing some footage of him making out with another woman, Gambit successfully managed to avoid Rogue watching it, though it was more than clear that there were some serious issues in their relationship. [X-Men (2nd series) #165, Gambit (4th series) #3, 10

Later, the X-Men were send out to Alaska to investigate the threat of Golgotha, an alien creature that could bring out its victims worst fears into reality. During the case, Rogue and Gambit believed that their love was over, and were better of without each other. Gambit even suspected that Rogue and Wolverine had feelings for each other, and didn’t want to stand in their way. Indeed, while under Golgotha’s influence, Logan and Rogue shared a kiss. Naturally, Rogue’s power was draining the life out of Wolverine, but fortunately Rogue came back to her senses before there were any long-terms effects. When Golgotha was finally destroyed, Gambit and Rogue apologized to one another, and made up. [X-Men (2nd series) #169]

In light of the many recent ups and downs in their relationship, Rogue and Remy decided to get professional help in the form of the X-Men’s own sex-therapist, Emma Frost. Not only did she advise them to sleep in the same room, to gain some form of intimacy, but also she promised to help the pair with some special telepathic therapy.

However, Rogue’s dark past continued to catch up with her, as the picture from a few years ago was shown on national television – portraying her, Sunfire and Mystique. Brandmarked a criminal, Rogue started to investigate, only to find herself under attack by Lady Deathstrike, and at first she thought Sunfire had sent the cyborg woman after her. However, when she sought him out in Tokyo, she found that he too had been set up and that he had also no knowledge about when or where the picture of them had been taken. Further investigation revealed that Lady Deathstrike believed them to be responsible for the adamantium bonding process having been stolen from her father, and he was using Blindspot to hunt the two X-Men down. When they confronted Lady Deathstrike in her hideout, Sunfire’s legs were maimed by the cyborg and Rogue surrendered in order to prevent him from getting killed.

Locked away in some prison cell, Rogue was visited by Blindspot, who gave her back the missing pieces of her memory, so that Rogue could remember the time they shared in the past. Blindspot revealed that she had been forced into service by Deathstrike and plotted escape with Rogue. More dead than alive, Sunfire suggested for Rogue to absorb his flame powers but, considering his condition, she found it too risky. Blindspot did not have such quarrels, though, and pushed Rogue against Shiro’s face, making her permanently absorb his powers. Both with Sunfire’s atomic flame

and his hotheaded attitude in herself, Rogue went out for the fight and attacked Lady Deathstrike, destroying parts of her cybernetic body. When Blindspot tried to manipulate Rogue into doing her bidding, the Sunfire aspects in Rogue recognized her as an enemy and wanted to kill her as well. However, Blindspot quickly used her powers, making Rogue forget everything that had happened over the last few years, so that she believed herself to be a member of the Brotherhood and best friends with Blindspot again. As such, Rogue even attacked her fellow X-Men when they came after her, concerned over their missing teammate. However, as soon as Rogue looked into a mirror, she realized that she was a lot older than she believed herself to be and realized something was wrong. She then pressed the truth out of Blindspot and made her understand that it was wrong to manipulate someone into friendship – trust and respect needed to be earned. After Blindspot fully restored Rogue’s memory, she returned to the X-Men, who then checked out the place where Deathstrike had held her captive, only to find it empty. Neither the cyborg woman nor Sunfire’s body were to be found. [Rogue (3rd series) #7-12]

Back in Westchester, Rogue and Remy continued their therapy sessions with Emma Frost. The telepath took both of them to the astral plane, so that they could share some intimacy there, without making any actual physical contact. However, due to all their psychic baggage, they couldn’t safely touch even there. The instant they tried, Remy’s astral form was drained the same way his physical body would have, had they actually touched. Another problem arose in Foxx, a very attractive student at the mansion – actually though she was Mystique, who had created this identity to make her adoptive daughter understand she couldn’t be happy with a man like Gambit. While he resisted all of Foxx’s attempts to seduce him, the damage was already done, since he sure found himself attracted to her and this attraction even showed in their telepathic counseling sessions with Emma Frost. It remains to be seen what will happen to the once-happy couple in the future – that is if they even have a future together. [X-Men (2nd series) #171-172]

The Rogue/Gambit romance is one of the best things in all of comics ::sigh::

Old 06-01-2006, 03:08 PM   #14
Aeroplane
Minion of Satan

whoa, uhm, i'll have to read that later . . .

Old 06-01-2006, 03:15 PM   #15
Andy /

BILLY CORGAN BUYS A PIECE OF THE GOLD COAST

Or something...

Old 06-01-2006, 03:32 PM   #16
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySlash
BILLY CORGAN BUYS A PIECE OF THE GENOSHA COAST

fixed

Old 06-01-2006, 04:58 PM   #17
FearFactory
Socialphobic

her power is that she's a slut.. so basically she's just like every other woman on the face of the earth.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:22 PM   #18
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Quote:
X-Treme X-Men team

Old 06-01-2006, 05:29 PM   #19
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

Quote:
Rogue’s story starts in Caldecott County, Mississippi, with a young, beautiful woman named Priscilla. Adored by many, including her sister younger, Carrie, Priscilla often went out to parties and came back home drunk. Probably during one of these parties, Priscilla met her lover, Owen, who eventually proposed to her. They married in a very early stage in their relationship and went off to start a commune with a bunch of their friends, planning to go back to nature, as was a common use in those days. The marriage was a bad one and, in an attempt to fix it, Priscilla got pregnant. Nine months later, she gave birth to a baby girl, Anna Marie, with Carrie acting as a midwife. Growing up, Anna-Marie had a happy childhood for a few years. However, still part of the commune, her parents became involved in a crazy plan to reach “the Far Banks,” a dreamland from Native American mythology, where the rules of the physical world no longer applied. The commune even hired a shaman to take them to the Far Banks, but something went wrong during the ceremony.

Owen had planned to sacrifice Priscilla to the spirits of the Far Banks, but somehow she took control of them and angrily closed the mystical place behind her as she vanished. Left alone, Owen asked Carrie to move in and helped him raise his daughter. Anna-Marie, who had been nicknamed Rogue, didn’t have a happy childhood with her aunt though, as she used a rough education on her. It were these events that played a part in her making the decision to run away from home, trying to live all by herself.

In the swamps and holding a gun she either took from her father or picked up somewhere else, Rogue was found by a woman named Raven Darkholme, aka Mystique. The shapeshifter approached Anna-Marie in the guise of a normal-looking friendly woman, and offered her a room and a meal. Rogue accepted and went along. Eventually, Raven and her friend, the blind Irene Adler, aka Destiny, revealed themselves to be mutants, but Rogue wasn’t bothered by that – they were being nice towards her and she agreed on being adopted by them. The couple raised Rogue during the following years. [Rogue (3rd series) #2-3, X-Men Unlimited (1st series) #4]

Contradictory reports exist, but it seems Rogue came to live with Raven and Irene well before her powers manifested. When Rogue got older, she was very popular with the boys of the town and was frequently asked out on dates. Before her powers manifested, the boy she most frequently dated was Cody Robbins. When they shared their first kiss under a full moon, Rogue felt her mind fill with Cody’s memories, and saw Cody simultaneously fall into a lifelong coma.

Scared and confused, Rogue ran away, but some townsfolk became suspicious and, before long, Rogue was chased by a angry mob. While looking at her followers, Rogue bumped into a stranger and fell unconscious. She never saw how she was rescued by the time-traveling Cable, as he quickly dealt with the mutant haters and had also already left before Rogue woke up again. [Rogue (1st series) #1, Cable (2nd series) #87]

[Note: In X-Men Unlimited #4 Rogue is said to have run away from her father because of the incident with Cody, yet a majority of stories establish that Rogue already lived with Mystique before her powers manifested. For example, in Uncanny X-Men #178, Rogue says that Mystique used to comfort her when she had bad nightmares and X-Men (2nd series) #93 shows a photograph of Mystique embracing Rogue with their bare skins being in contact.]

Over the next years, Mystique and Destiny tried to train her how to control her powers as well as they could, but unfortunately they were not professional teachers. Rogue kept dreaming of a normal life, of having a boyfriend like other girls her age would have, and she didn’t want to listen to Mystique’s constant lecturing anymore. One day she was spending some time with another boy, Freddy, who dared Rogue to kiss him. Again, her powers kicked in, but Freddy was luckier than Cody. He woke up fine, though Rogue would never speak to him again. She finally realized that she could not live among normal people and decided to participate in her adoptive mother’s criminal activities. [Classic X-Men #44]

Growing up, Rogue frequently tested her limits. Mystique often needed to keep her in line, as Rogue took her powers too lightly and enjoyed to use her abilities for fun. Rogue also began experimenting with her hair, as she dyed her naturally white streak on top of her head brown, only two replace it with two white streaks on her temples, apparently in an attempt to look older. Mystique did not like this hairdo, but she couldn’t do anything about it. [Marvel Fanfare (1st series) #60, Rogue (3rd series) #10)]

It was in these times that Rogue got to know the mysterious woman known as Blindspot. Mystique and Destiny often worked together with this mutant during their criminal missions, though the three never truly liked each other. Rogue and Blindspot became close friends, mainly because they found out that Blindspot’s powers were so alike to Rogue’s that they could touch without Rogue’s absorbing her. During their final mission together, they were hired to travel to Japan and break into the house of Lord Dark Wind, the father of Lady Deathstrike, and steal his plans for the adaman- tium bonding process. In order to succeed, they had to team-up with Sunfire, who hadn’t long before discovered his mutant powers. During the mission, Sunfire was knocked out and Rogue “borrowed” his flame powers. She happened to like flying quite a lot and would have wanted to keep these abilities, but they faded too, however not before Rogue destroyed major parts of Dark Wind’s estate. Although they hadn’t accomplished their actual mission, the Brotherhood still classified this as a victory and, to celebrate it, Blindspot took a picture of Mystique, Rogue and Sunfire with Dark Wind’s burning property in the background. Back home, though, Mystique had enough of Blindspot and kicked her out of the group. To protect herself, Blindspot erased not only Mystique’s but also Rogue’s and everyone else’s memory of her to move on without being recognized. [Rogue (3rd series) #10-11]

Life went on for Rogue, Mystique and Destiny as if nothing had happened. In time, Destiny received precognitive visions that warned her about the Avenger known as Ms. Marvel costing Rogue her soul one day. She discussed it with Mystique, who then vowed to not allow this, even if it would kill her. In the room next door, Rogue overheard only the last part and decided to hunt down Ms. Marvel herself to protect her mother. [Marvel Super Heroes (2nd series) #11] However, Ms. Marvel had vanished from Earth and the Avengers‘ active roster, having been taken to Limbo by Marcus, and was nowhere to be found.

When Mystique’s Brotherhood of Evil Mutants made their public debut, Destiny had convinced Mystique to keep Rogue back from the mission as a failsafe. Destiny proved to be correct, for all of the Brotherhood, except for Mystique, were captured in their first mission by the X-Men. [Uncanny X-Men #141-142]

Somewhat later, Rogue learned that Carol Danvers had returned and was now living in San Francisco. Unaware that this would actually cause the danger that Destiny had predicted, she tracked Danvers down and battled her on the Golden Gate Bridge. Carol resisted Rogue’s absorption effect like nobody before and something went wrong. Rogue found that, somehow, her metabolism had fully permanently retained and held Ms. Marvel's mind and powers. Fearing for her own sanity and identity, as she kept hearing Carol's voice in her head, Rogue threw Danvers’ body off the bridge, hoping that her physical death would also kill the voice in her head. Luckily for Danvers, she was rescued by Spider-Woman, who brought the comatose woman to a hospital, where later Professor Charles Xavier could partially restore her memories (though not the emotional ties attached to them). [Marvel Super Heroes (2nd series) #11]

Under Mystique’s guidance, Rogue proceeded to attack the Avengers one by one, absorbing the powers of Thor and Captain America and, along with Raven impersonating Nick Fury, she tried to free the rest of the Brotherhood from prison. However, the remaining Avengers and Spider-Woman arrived in time to prevent the breakout. As most of her stolen powers were already fading, Rogue escaped with Mystique to avoid being captured as well. [Avengers Annual #10]

Several weeks later, the X-Men sneaked into the Pentagon with the help of Carol Danvers to delete their data files. In one of the corridors, they ran into Rogue - who was there thanks to Mystique's secret identity as a government agent - and,

immediately, a fight started. Rogue absorbed both Wolverine and Storm but, inexperienced with the weather powers, she could not control them. After regaining consciousness, Storm created an air vortex to carry Rogue away, as she did not want to endanger the Pentagon personnel by a fight. [Uncanny X-Men #158]

Soon, Mystique tried once more to spring her teammates from prison. Rogue and Mystique easily defeated the guards but Rom, the Spaceknight, discovered the breakout. He easily rendered the Blob, Pyro and Avalanche unconscious, because they fought unorganized. Mystique was angry about them not following her orders and decided to leave them in prison for a while longer. Searching for new allies, Mystique, Destiny and Rogue found Hybrid (a half-human, half-Dire Wraith) and offered to team up with him against their common enemies: Rom and the X-Men. In combat with Rom, Rogue touched his Galadorian armor and absorbed some of his inherent nobility in the process. When Hybrid revealed his plans to turn the entire Earth, even mutants, into his slaves and cattle, the mutant trio opposed him before fleeing. While Rom battled Hybrid alone, Rogue showed potential for goodness the first time, as she went back against Mystique’s orders, finding she could not bring herself to leave without helping the Spaceknight. [ROM #31-32]

Wanting revenge on the X-Men for having spoiled their plan to assassinate Senator Kelly, Mystique and her partners assaulted the Angel, the only X-Men whose true identity was publicly known. During the fight, Rogue was supposed to absorb the knowledge of the X-Men’s whereabouts from Worthington’s mind but she freaked out. Rogue did not want to use her powers on him, as the wings were a physical mutation and Rogue feared what effect that would have on her. While distracted with their own problems, Dazzler, who at the time was dating the Angel, took Rogue and Mystique by surprise with her light powers.

Rogue then developed a grudge against Dazzler, the woman who had everything that she wanted. Having been a fan of her music before, she now saw that Alison Blaire had also a controllable mutant power and a beautiful boyfriend. She fought Dazzler a few more times until the songstress went into hiding with her secret of being a mutant having been publicly outed. [Dazzler #22-24, 28]

Slowly, the personality and memories that Rogue had permanently absorbed from Ms. Marvel began to overpower Rogue‘s mind, affecting her control and her sanity. Finally, after she saw that Mystique clearly couldn't aid her with her problems, she turned to Charles Xavier and the X-Men, her greatest foes, and asked for help. Xavier telepathically examined Rogue and found that she was genuine in her request and he agreed to take her in, despite the X-Men's insistences otherwise. Their major concern was the effects it would have on Carol Danvers, by then using the alias and new powers of Binary, who had been living at the mansion ever since Rogue had attacked her.

When she returned home, Carol knocked Rogue through the roof and straight into orbit, before announcing that she would leave if Rogue was allowed to stay. She then followed the Starjammers invitation to accompany them to outer space, as she no longer had any emotional ties to her friends and family holding her back – all because of Rogue. [Uncanny X-Men #171]

Shortly after moving into the X-Men's headquarters, Rogue changed her hair back to its original style with the single white streak, possibly to reflect her inner change and to support the idea of a fresh start.

Naturally, the X-Men were suspicious of the former enemy among their ranks, especially Wolverine, who was good friends with Carol Danvers due to the time they worked together as spies years ago. However, slowly but surely, Rogue gained the X-Men’s trust, for example, by risking her own life to save Wolverine’s fiancé, Mariko Yashida. [Uncanny X-Men #173]

, Mystique noticed that Rogue had left the house and, before long, she tried to get her daughter back. While the Brotherhood kept the rest of the X-Men busy, Mystique infiltrated the mansion and knocked out Xavier. Actually, she believed that he must have mentally controlled Rogue to make her abandon the Brotherhood but, after Rogue stated that it was her own choice to join the X-Men, considering that Xavier might be her last chance to learn how to control her power, Mystique reluctantly agreed and left. [Uncanny X-Men #178]

Checking the mansion’s answering machine after returning from a mission, Rogue found a message from Colonel Mike Rossi, asking for help. Hearing the voice of the former lover of Ms. Marvel, Rogue immediately went to help him and rescued him from the SHIELD Heli-Carrier. Without realizing it, she accessed memories and personality traits of Carol Danvers, even her voice and accent changed. Finally, after snapping out of it, she understood the full amount of her crime for the first time. She had stolen the very identity of Carol Danvers; emotions, personality and memories – everything that had made her the person she was, was forever lost to Carol and locked away in Rogue’s head. [Uncanny X-Men #182]

After being framed for murder, the government planned to use a prototype power neutralizer on Rogue. Mystique learned of this in her guise as a governmental employee and, also, Destiny predicted the danger. They alerted Storm to Rogue’s whereabouts, as she had run away to her native area in Mississippi, feeling unable to deal with her life. After she had found her, Storm and Rogue finally sorted out their differences and Ororo proved her trust by volunteering to let Rogue absorb her power. Amazed by the way Storm saw the world in energy patterns, Rogue was tempted to permanently absorb the weather abilities but resisted, not wanting to betray the trust placed in her.

All of a sudden, Henry Peter Gyrich and his forces attacked and it became painfully clear that Mystique had not revealed the full extent of Destiny’s vision. Whoever would come to Rogue’s aid would have to take her place and it was now Storm who was hit by the power dampening blast meant for Rogue. [Uncanny X-Men #185]

With Storm incapable, Nightcrawler became temporary leader of the team, and he tried to test Rogue for the seventh sense that Ms. Marvel had possessed. After his randomly teleporting and tickling her, Rogue was very annoyed and finally managed to hit the exact spot where Kurt would next appear. It seemed that she was only able to manifest this vague ability under great stress, and she had absolutely no interest to develop this ability any further. [Uncanny X-Men #192]

When attacked by Nimrod, the Super Sentinel from the future, the X-Men were almost defeated. Buried under the rubble of a construction site, Rogue saw no other chance than to absorb the powers of her unconscious teammates all at once, even though it meant to risk permanent disfigurement by absorbing physical attributes like Nightcrawler’s tail and the steel skin of Colossus. The gamble worked, as Nimrod was confused by Rogue’s use of multiple mutant signatures at once. Since after the fight Rogue’s changed form reverted back to her regular appearance, she no longer had reservations against using her powers on physical mutations. [Uncanny X-Men #194]

When the team later encountered Freedom Force, Rogue even drained the time-dancing witch, Spiral, and gained her six arms. However, with the magician having the stronger will, it was Spiral who controlled Rogue’s mind for the duration of the transfer. [Uncanny X-Men #206]

During the Mutant Massacre, history seemed to repeat itself. Rogue was temporarily rendered vulnerable by Scrambler’s power canceling effect and, as she was about to be hit with one of Harpoon’s energy lances, her teammate Kitty Pryde jumped in between, believing to phase both of them to safety. Yet, the energy spear interacted with Kitty’s intangible form, leaving her stuck in phased state. Rogue was saved, but once again at the prize of a teammate’s powers being screwed up. [Uncanny X-Men #211]

Soon afterwards, Dazzler found herself attacked by the Marauders too and somewhat reluctantly joined the X-Men, as she by herself provided a too easy target. To get into shape, Dazzler excessively trained in the Danger Room and Rogue was not too pleased when she learned that Alison was running simulations with Rogue as the villain. However, after saving each other lives in battle against the Marauders, the two women sorted out their differences and made amends with each other. [Uncanny X-Men #220-221]

During the Fall of the Mutants, the X-Men battled an mystical entity known as the Adversary, who was bent on destroying and remaking the multiverse. In the final battle, the X-Men's physical and spiritual essences were used as fuel for Forge's energy star, which closed the doorway to the Adversary’s plane of existence and saved the multiverse. They, in effect, died. Roma, a prisoner of the Adversary and guardian of the multiverse, used her powers to recreate the fallen X-Men from scratch, making her own minor alterations. Now invisible to cameras and all forms of detection equipment, the X-Men resettled to Australia, claiming an abandoned ghost town in the Australian Outback, formerly used by the Reavers, as their new base of operations. [Uncanny X-Men #227, 229]

The X-Men used their new status to attack anti-mutant threats around the world, which also brought them in conflict with the island nation of Genosha. Rogue and Wolverine were captured by their own super powered agents, the Press Gang, and the unthinkable happened as Wipeout fully canceled their abilities. For the first time in years, Rogue was able to experience skin to skin contact, though it now happened against her will. Thanks to a special form of digitalized teleportation, Rogue arrived naked in the prison of Genosha and, apparently, the guards took a few liberties when they put her into a cell. Rogue completely withdrew into her subconscious. There, she found out that some psychic residue had remained of all people she had absorbed and now these phantoms tried to overwhelm her. As Rogue was fighting for sanity and control within her mind, unexpected help was provided by the permanently absorbed personality of Carol Danvers. She was as more than the psychic residue; in fact, she was as solid and real as Rogue. As Carol, with her spy training, was more suited for escaping from the prison without any superpowers, Rogue let Carol take over. [Uncanny X-Men #236]

From then on, Carol and Rogue agreed on a new modus operandi - the two personalities would actually share the body, with each having their times of dominance, or acting as back-up when one was rendered unconscious. It also seemed that Carol had no trouble to keep the absorption power under control. While she was using the body, she touched Psylocke's bare skin without any effect. Evidently, Rogue’s lack of control was strictly psychological in nature. [Uncanny X-Men #239]

During Inferno, the X-Men were demonically influenced and started to behave strangely. Rogue was scared by the experience, as it showed her what another presence in her mind could make her do; and afterwards she no longer allowed the Ms. Marvel persona to surface, prompting Carol to take control by force. When the X-women went shopping to California Mall, where they would run into Jubilee, Carol decided to get a new hairdo in Ms. Marvel style [Uncanny X-Men #244] and, later when she picked up some personal belonging from her old apartment, she even made Rogue wear the Ms. Marvel costume.

The two women did not manage to get their difficulties sorted out again, as soon after the X-Men fought an all-out battle with the merged Nimrod / Master Mold Sentinel, which ended with the robot being pulled through the Siege Perilous, a mystic gateway that judged all beings and placed them into different lives. On its way into the portal, Nimrod / Master Mold grabbed Rogue, ready to take her along. The X-Men were unsure what to do but, knowing that this was their only chance at victory, Rogue ordered Dazzler to blast both the robot and herself through the Siege. It was said that everyone who entered the magical portal would be judged by the highest of powers, the good and ill of their lives being weighed in the cosmic balance, only to be reborn into a new life without remembering the old one. [Uncanny X-Men #246-247]

Weeks later, Rogue emerged in her room in the Australian Outback town with her memory completely intact. At first, she thought that the whole explanation of cosmic balance and second chances was a hoax, but then she discovered that she no longer had Carol‘s abilities and memories. She was now ground-bound and vulnerable but, suddenly, she was attacked by Ms. Marvel.

Turned out that the Siege Perilous had attempted to separate the two women and provide each one with a body her own, yet there wasn't enough lifeforce to sustain both of them. Rogue tried to escape through Gateway’s portals to the Savage Land, while Ms. Marvel ended up at Muir Island. However, after being possessed by the Shadow King, she followed Rogue and continued the battle. Whoever had the upper hand of the battle was healthy, while the other withered away. Rogue was about to give up, since she didn’t want to “kill“ Ms. Marvel for a second time, when suddenly Magneto stepped in. He rendered both unconscious and, when Rogue woke up, Magneto had used machinery to drain / kill Carol‘s body and restore Rogue to full power, without the Carol personality in her head. [Uncanny X-Men #269]

Having nowhere else to go, Rogue remained with Magneto for a while to recuperate. Since her absorption powers were temporarily scrambled by the power transfer, they could touch and had the beginnings of a relationship. The pair found themselves caught in a war over the Savage Land, and they tried to aid Shield and Ka-Zar to defend the land from Zaladane and the Savage Land Mutates. Rogue‘s abilities (both her own and those of Ms. Marvel) resurfaced halfway during the conflict, right in time to change the odds in their favor. However, Rogue was turned away by Magneto's bloodthirstiness when he killed Zaladane, and she ended their romance before it even began. [Uncanny X-Men #274-275]

As she was unable to contact the X-Men, they were busy in Shi’Ar space at the time, Rogue decided to head to Muir Island. However, the supreme telepath known as the Shadow King had taken over the minds of the residents there and Rogue fell under his influence too. Soon, the many residents battled each other in tournaments held by Moira MacTaggert, much to the delight of the Shadow King, who fed of the negative emotional energies bundled through Polaris. Once they returned to Earth, the X-Men tried to help, but were captured as well, with only Forge being still free. He developed a neutral spike cannon and psionic catalyst and succeeded in freeing Rogue, Banshee and Wolverine from the mind control. Together with Xavier and X-Factor, they were able to free all of the Muir Islanders and defeat the Shadow King for quite some time. [Uncanny X-Men #278-280]

The X-Men were officially established again, with the original five X-Men and several other former members returning to the fold. In fact there were enough X-Men to divide them into two squads. Rogue was assigned to the Blue Strike Force led by Cyclops, also including Wolverine, Beast, Psylocke and Gambit, who had joined the X-Men during Rogue’s absence. Their first mission of the new team involved battling Magneto, the man she might have loved, but the master of magnetism didn’t listen to any of Rogue’s attempts to convince him to stop the fight and attacked her without remorse. [X-Men (2nd series) #1-3]

Both of them being from the Southern parts of the United States, Rogue and Gambit hit off well right from the start and, after some initial flirtation, they started dating. [X-Men (2nd series) #4]

Gambit was a man of secrets and mysteries. Just like Rogue, he kept his real name secret, only for the time-traveling X-Man, Bishop, to reveal it as Remy LeBeau and accuse him of eventually becoming a traitor to the team. Though she knew neither man well, Rogue sided with Gambit in this conflict, reasoning that the Cajun couldn’t be held accountable for something he had not yet done. However, when later that day a woman showed up at the X-Men’s doorstep, claiming to be Gambit’s wife, she was not sure about trusting Gambit anymore. He explained himself, though, that the woman was Bella Donna Boudreaux, a member of a rivaling guild from New Orleans, and, while Gambit had indeed married her, he had not seen her in many years and considered their relationship long over. [X-Men (2nd series) #8]

Stryfe‘s assassination attempt on Xavier with a special form of the techno-organic virus united all of the X-Teams to hunt the villain down during the X-Cutioner’s Song. In battle with his minions, the Mutant Liberation Front, Rogue’s eyes were damaged by Strobe’s heat blast. Temporarily blinded, Rogue was taken off the active roster and took some time to recover. Gambit help Rogue cope with the situation in his own, special way. He showed her the difference between trust and blind faith by letting her walk on a springboard but catching her before falling. Also, with him as navigator, Rogue even flew, though still not being able to see a thing. [X-Men (2nd series) #15, 17, 19]

Her feelings for Gambit grew and, after her sight had returned, the pair spent a romantic night out in New York. Rogue even offered to tell Gambit her real name but he declined, saying that names didn't say anything about who a person is. [X-Men (2nd series) #24] Not much later, Gambit was called back to his home to avenge his brother's death and Rogue accompanied him. During their stay in New Orleans, she accidentally absorbed part of Bella Donna's mind. Along came the memories of the happy times she spent with Gambit – kissing, touching and loving one another – all things denied to Rogue. For a split-second, Rogue was tempted to touch Bella Donna again and permanently absorb it, but she reminded herself that it was wrong and the absorption wore off. [Gambit (1st series) #2, 4]

Back at Westchester, Rogue was part of the X-Men team that succeeded in bringing in Sabretooth, who began living in the detention chambers beneath the mansion. He knew enough about Gambit's past to taunt Rogue with some bits and pieces of it. She finally asked for more and Sabretooth told her about Paris, where Gambit made a girl named Genevieve fall in love with him just so he could steal a jewel that she herself stole. Remy later let the girl die when Creed forced him to choose between her and his brother. This haunting story stayed with Rogue for weeks, not sure as to if she should continue to risk her heart with the Cajun. However, in time, both of them agreed to work through their differences and finally confronted Sabretooth together. [X-Men (2nd series) #33, 38]

On Rogue‘s annual visit to Cody Robbins' hospital bed, Bella Donna used the Assassin's Guild she commanded to kidnap Cody, in retaliation for Rogue stealing part of her mind. Rogue and Gambit followed the Assassins and, in the final battle against Bella Donna and the External, Candra, Cody died, after over a decade being in a coma. Tante Mattie, the Guilds‘ spiritual healer, arranged a last meeting between Cody and Rogue on the astral plane. The boy held no grudges against Rogue. In fact, he knew that Rogue was not to blame for not having known about her mutant powers. Before departing to the afterlife, Cody told Rogue to move on. [Rogue (1st series) #1-4]

Both Rogue and Gambit were with the X-Men in Israel when the M'Kraan Crystal was about to destroy Earth and the rest of the universe as well. Just as the crystal wave struck, Rogue took her final chance and kissed Gambit passionately, thinking it to be their last seconds together. [X-Men (2nd series) #41]

However, the crystal wave washed over without effect, (actually the timeline was warped into an alternate reality, and then rebooted again) and Gambit was left comatose from Rogue's kiss, with Rogue possessing a large part of his memories and dark secrets. It was too much for her to deal with properly and, confused, she ran away from the X-men to wander the country. Iceman volunteered to go with her and keep her company. After a few days, Gambit awoke from his coma and chased them down. When he found them, Rogue told him that she didn't know exactly what she had seen within him, only that it was something terrible and that it had been haunted him ever since. As Gambit wouldn’t confide in her and outright tell her what his dark secret was, Rogue reasoned that, if they couldn't trust each other, they also couldn't love each other. She then quit the X-Men for good, having a lot to think about. [X-Men (2nd series) #42-45]

Rogue moved to South Carolina and began working as a waitress. She was found, however, by operatives of Operation Zero Tolerance. They kidnapped her and were preparing to kill her when one of the OZT soldiers started throwing off magnetic pulses, freeing Rogue and taking down Bastion, the head of Zero Tolerance. He revealed himself to be Joseph. (a clone of Magneto, twenty years younger and on the side of the angels) Rogue was unsure how to handle the man in front of her, as he seemed to be a de-aged Magneto. They began traveling by car to reach the X-Men, but Onslaught happened first. [X-Men Unlimited #11] The X-Men and Avengers had teamed up to defeat Onslaught and had learned that Magneto might have caused Xavier's change into Onslaught, somehow. Therefore, an Avengers/X-Men team, consisting of Captain America, Gambit, Vision, Iron Man, Thor and Magneto's children, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, were sent out to find and subdue him. They encountered Rogue and Joseph and, after a short battle, were convinced of “Magneto“ having genuinely changed for the better. Rogue and Joseph traveled back to New York with the Avengers and X-Men team to confront Onslaught. [Avengers (1st series) #401, X-Men (2nd series) #55]

After Onslaught was destroyed, Rogue and Joseph joined the X-Men. Rogue was attracted to both Joseph and Gambit, causing intense friction between all three. Joseph thought night and day about a way to cure Rogue’s condition and finally he came up with a modification of the Z’Nox chamber in the mansion’s basement. Originally used by Xavier to shield his mind from alien detection, Joseph had modified the necessary equipment to shield himself from any power transfer while giving Rogue a Christmas kiss. [Uncanny X-Men #341]

Later that day, the X-Men confronted Gladiator, leader of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, who then teleported Beast, Rogue, Joseph, Gambit, Bishop and Trish Tilby to the Shi'Ar Empire to defeat the Phalanx and keep them from destroying the entire Imperium. Among this squad, Beast was the senior member, yet all turned to Rogue for leadership and she filled the expected role. In their battles against the Phalanx, they were accompanied by Deathbird, a member of the Shi'Ar Imperial family and former enemy of the X-Men. Against all odds, they succeeded and Deathbird was taking them back to Earth through a Shi'Ar Stargate when a larger ship destroyed the Stargate and the X-Men crash-landed in Antarctica. There, they were confronted by a trio of bounty hunters from Gambit's past and Nanny, the robot guard who once before had held the X-Men prisoner in Magneto’s Antarctica base. With their powers negated by an inhibitor field and unable to escape, Rogue and Remy spent their first night together. Albeit prisoners of their enemies, they used the chance to physically express their love to each other – they had sex. [Uncanny X-Men #348]

The next day, Gambit was put on trial by someone wearing the guise of Erik the Red (later revealed to have been Magneto), and the X-Men were joined by Angel, Psylocke and their new ally, Maggott. During the trial, Rogue and the others learned of Gambit's past dealings with Sinister and the Marauders when Rogue was forced to absorb Gambit’s mind. Immediately, she rejected him and, when the X-Men departed to Westchester, Rogue left him in Antarctica, though to a certain degree her decision was influenced by Remy’s own residue personality in her head. He wanted to atone for his crime and deemed this an appropriate punishment. [Uncanny X-Men #350]

At one point, Rogue was given the chance to have her powers removed. She had learned of the Agee Institute through TV news and, after checking it out, she found that Dr. Agee really was capable of removing the mutant gene. When Mystique learned of Rogue’s plan, she became rather angry with her adoptive daughter. However, despite all of Mystique’s warnings, Rogue still was about to undergo the treatment. She only declined in the last instant for one sole reason: Rogue feared that the device would be used on other mutants against their will and, without her strength, she would have had no way to make sure that the apparatus would be destroyed after her operation. She made the hard decision and destroyed the machine, which could have given her a normal life. [Uncanny X-Men #359]

Driven by guilt, Rogue secretly sneaked out of the mansion and flew to Antarctica to search for Gambit, yet she found no trace of him or the mysterious fortress where the trial took place. Little did she know, he had already made his way back to civilization with the help of the mysterious New Sun. Eventually, Gambit ran across some of the X-Men in Japan and returned with them to Westchester, having been granted a second chance. To sort out their relationship, he and Rogue spent a day in Boston, where they found themselves under attack by Kali. During the battle, it was obvious that they still loved each other but Remy still couldn’t bring himself to express his feelings. Rogue realized that she had been pushing him and apologized, but also said that she wouldn’t wait for him forever. [Uncanny X-Men #361, X-Men (2nd series) #81]

After the Magneto War and Joseph's funeral, Rogue was left behind while the other X-Men were abducted for a journey through time and dimensions. She flew to Genosha, now under Magneto’s rule, to try and reason with the man she came to know as a friend once more. Yet, after aiding Quicksilver and the Genoshan Cabinet in fighting off the Mutate known as Zealot, Magneto ordered her to leave the nation or face criminal charges. [Magneto Rex #1-3]

When the team returned home, however, Xavier began to become mentally unhinged, due to the betrayal of his invention, Cerebro, Magneto's overthrow of Genosha and the death of Joseph. Xavier pushed the X-Men too far and Storm called in Scott and Jean to reason with the Professor. They failed to help Xavier, who then dissolved the X-Men and told them to go their own way, since he had no use for failures. The majority of the team left on personal vacations and Storm stayed behind to keep Xavier from harming himself. [Uncanny X-Men #372] Rogue, Nightcrawler and Shadowcat began their vacation in Manhattan. There, they met up with Mystique, who was on the run from the Japanese government. She was being tracked by Sunfire, but Rogue managed to convince Shiro that Mystique was innocent of the murders she was being charged with. Together, they discovered the true villains, Skrull shapeshifters, disguised as Mastermind and Mesmero. After settling things with Mystique and Sunfire, they received a call that Wolverine had been killed on the surrogate X-Men's mission to save the Mannites. At the mansion, Xavier revealed that he had only pretended to lose control in order to uncover a traitor he had sensed in their midst. The traitor was discovered when Wolverine's deceased body reverted to its true form: that of a Skrull warrior. [X-Men (2nd series) #93-94]The true Wolverine had been kidnapped months ago by Skrulls working with Apocalypse, who brainwashed Logan into becoming his Horseman of Death. However, the X-Men were able to snap him out of the mental hold and also stopped Apocalypse’s plans to extract the energies of the mutants only referred to as the Twelve, which would have granted him omnipotence.

Weeks later, the High Evolutionary activated an anti-mutation wave that switched off the mutant gene in everyone across the planet. Finally completely normal, Rogue worked for her law degree and tried to get Mystique out of jail, for she had been caught when her mutation was canceled. However, Rogue refused to use criminal methods to get her surrogate mother out of jail, even though the shapeshifter was nearly driven insane by being stuck in one form and confined to limited space. When the X-Men learned that the anti-mutation wave was going to reverse itself and horribly mutate the entire world, however, Rogue immediately returned to the team to stop the disaster. They raided the Evolutionary's satellite, disabled the anti-mutation field and defeated Sinister, who had been manipulating the Evolutionary. With her powers active again, Mystique soon broke out of prison and she vowed vengeance on Rogue for abandoning her when needing her most. [X-Men (2nd series) #99, Uncanny X-Men #380]

About six months later, Rogue was elected the new field leader for one X-Men squad. Other members that had filled the position before were either busy with the other team or unavailable for other reasons. Among those still at the mansion, Rogue was the only one with the needed experience, skill and attention to take the job. [X-Men (2nd series) #103] She successfully led the X-Men against the Crimson Pirates, the Goth and the Neo and proved herself to have a good instinct for making hard and risky decisions. Her style varied a lot from Storm’s or Cyclops‘, who usually chose to play it safe.

During the crisis known as Maximum Security, Earth was turned into a penal colony for alien prisoners. Rogue encountered the Blood Brothers attacking Z'Cann, one of Xavier's Cadre K. Rogue drove off the attackers but Z'Cann was critically wounded. The Skrull girl deliberately made contact with Rogue, transferring her memories of Xavier's plans to the mutant. With this information, the X-Men managed to meet and rescue Bishop, who had returned from deep space. They later teamed up with many of Earth's heroes to drive off the alien invasion. Unfortunately, Z'Cann was unfamiliar with Rogue’s powers and, to make sure that the information would be received, she even boosted Rogue’s absorption power with her own telepathy. As a result, her Skrull Deviant genes mixed with Rogue's half-Kree physiology in an unexpected manner.

Rogue was now capable of calling forth the memories and abilities of anyone she had absorbed in the past. She could not control this manifestation of her powers and would spontaneously sprout claws, fire optic blasts or adapt organic steel skin. She gained some self-control through meditative training with Wolverine but, because of the disability her new powers gave her, Rogue stepped down as team leader. [X-Men (2nd series) #107, Uncanny X-Men #388]

Around the same time, Mystique led the Brotherhood in another attempt to kill Senator Kelly and spread the Legacy Virus to humans only. Rogue, Bishop and Wolverine confronted Mystique on Muir Island. In the fight, it became painfully clear that Mystique still held a grudge against Rogue for having abandoned her in a time of need. She used a blade on Rogue’s gut, causing a serious wound that would have been fatal, if Rogue had been without Wolverine’s healing abilities. Rogue recovered quickly and returned the “favor“ on Mystique, inflicting a similar, critical knife wound. Still, victory was too late, as Moira MacTaggert died because of the injuries received when the Brotherhood blew up her lab complex. [Bishop: The Last X-Man #16]

As a result of this conflict, however, Rogue and the X-Men learned of Destiny's journals, a collection of diaries written by the deceased precog that depicted the future of mutantkind. Soon afterwards, Storm decided that the Diaries of Destiny required special attention. Remembering the Onslaught disaster, she did not trust Charles Xavier with such power and, instead, gathered a select group of X-Men to aid her in searching for the diaries: Rogue, Beast, Bishop, Psylocke, Thunderbird and Sage. They left Westchester quietly in the dead of night and cut all ties to their former colleagues, except Wolverine, who would act as a liaison. Gambit would have liked to accompany the team, yet Rogue vetoed this, for fearing to accidentally hurt or kill Remy with her haywire powers. Though already bad enough to endanger friends and teammates, she could not stand to risk the life of her lover. [X-Men (2nd series) #109]

Rogue and her companions began their search with a visit to Spain, where the late Destiny possessed a house. Inside, they found fake identities created for them and other documents that transferred all of Destiny’s possessions to Rogue. Not much later, they came to be investigating a murder in Australia, with Gambit as the prime suspect. [X-Treme X-Men #4, 6]

Rogue and Remy were only reunited for a short time before he was kidnapped by Shaitan, emissary of a vast inter-dimensional army. Gambit was used as the focal point of a device that summoned the endless legions of the warlord, Khan, to Earth for an invasion. Thanks to a force field covering the island of Madripoor - the entry point of the invading force - the X-Treme X-Men were the only super-team present to deal with the threat from the inside. While some of the team infiltrated Khan's tower, Rogue stayed behind as a diversion, with her powers supercharged by Sage's "jumpstart" effect so that she could summon on command any power imprint she had absorbed in the past.

Still, she suffered many injuries in combat, however, and none worse than having her enemy Vargas drive his sword through her body and Gambit's. Rogue survived, in no small part due to Wolverine's healing factor, and revenged herself on Vargas but her system was trashed. The jumpstart and resulting mass trauma to her system shorted out her powers: not only did she lose her numerous "extra" powers but also the Ms. Marvel's abilities and her own absorption talent. Gambit suffered a similar fate after being used as a gateway between dimensions, so the two of them retired from active duty with the X-Men. [X-Treme X-Men #12-19]

After traveling the world a bit, Rogue and Gambit found a place to stay in Valle Soleada, California. They liked it because, there, mutants and humans were actually living together in peace: Xavier’s dream come true! Quickly, they made new friends, for example a mutant named Paint, who gave Rogue a free tattoo on her left arm that could easily be removed again if she wanted it undone. To better fit in, Rogue used the fake name of Anna Raven (the last name obviously being a nod to Mystique) when she got a job as a garage mechanic. Turned out she was quite good at it and she provided her income the honest way, whereas Gambit would stroll away for some thieving tours every now and then. Naturally, the pair couldn‘t stay away from the X-Men for too long. After a few months of happiness, they were visited by the X-Treme X-Men team, who were investigating some odd events going on in Valle Soleada. [X-Treme X-Men X-Posé #2, X-Treme X-Men #31]

Apparently, someone was trying to turn the neighborhood into a “mutant-only” place, and baseline humans not willing to sell their houses were threatened and blackmailed to comply. Even Rogue was targeted and was attacked by the X-Men’s old adversary Revenant, who made Rogue experience her worst fears in a series of nightmares in which she turned into Mystique and killed all her teammates. Most surprisingly, the trail led to the local branch of the X-Corporation, which had been infiltrated by the mysterious villain called Elias Bogan. The X-Men helped the X-Corporation L.A. to expose the villain’s activities and, despite being powerless, Gambit and Rogue tagged along as well, relying only on their intellect and their hand to hand combat training. While attacking Bogan’s base, the heroes were confronted with illusionary scenarios modeled after their worst fears, - in Rogue’s case it was once again turning into a terrorist like Mystique. However, she focused and managed to gather all her strength to overcome Bogan’s influence. Eventually, all the X-Men emerged victorious and, while Bogan escaped, his base was destroyed. [X-Treme X-Men #32-35, 41-45]

Shortly thereafter, the X-Men learned that, in their absence, a fake Magneto destroyed major parts of New York and Xavier’s mansion in Westchester. Storm’s team didn’t hesitate to rush back home to help, for which Rogue asked Sage to jumpstart Gambit’s powers again. Sage did as asked and apparently she also offered to do the same to Rogue, who was not ready yet to give up the ability to touch her lover. However, it seems that during the long weeks that Xavier’s mansion was rebuilt, Rogue’s absorption powers returned by themselves, her body obviously having fully recovered. While she and Gambit would have preferred some downtime to come to terms with this, they were put on the active roster of the team led by Havok when Cyclops reorganized the entire X-Men in the wake of Xavier’s departure to Genosha. Just like the other X-Men, Rogue was given a squad of students to teach, which she happened to enjoy very much. [X-Treme X-Men #46, Uncanny X-Men #444, X-Men (2nd series) #157]

Tragedy struck already on the new team’s first mission. Investigating the sighting of a new mysterious mutant in China, the X-Men were battled by the Eight Immortals, super-powered protectors of the ancient Chinese Homeland. During the fight, Rogue knocked over one of the Immortals, making him lose his aim. The bullet hit Gambit’s charged up card, making it explode right into the Cajun’s own face, blinding him. [X-Men (2nd series) #158-160] This put a further strain to the lovers‘ relationship, already unable to touch Rogue, Gambit now could not see her anymore either. While Rogue hardly stayed away from his side, Gambit often blamed her for his condition, making both of them feel bad. During one of their arguments, Gambit became so angry over being dependent that he pushed Rogue away. [Rogue (3rd series) #1]

The X-Men’s next mission took the team to Rogue’s birthtown, Caldecott, Mississippi. Needing some time away from Gambit, she decided to stay there afterwards and sort out her past. Returning home, she learned that her father had not been there in several years, and that her Aunt Carrie now owned the place. Carrie was unwilling to talk, so Rogue simply absorbed the things she wanted to know from her, and thus learned about some of the events that happened between her parents. She also managed to track down the shaman, Lorenzo Moontreader, who back then had performed the ritual in which Rogue’s mother, Priscilla, had disappeared. Rogue’s quest was interrupted several times - by some evil spirits attacked the town, by a young girl that looked exactly like Rogue and was hunted by these spirits, by the mysterious Campbell St. Ange, who claimed to have known Rogue’s mother and was somehow immune to Rogue’s absorption talent, and eventually by Gambit himself, who had tracked down Rogue in order to make up with her.

In order to solve the puzzle, all the players entered the Far Banks, the dream realm that Priscilla had been taken to nearly twenty years ago. Turned out that she had created a Rogue’s twin from a spirit, so not to be alone in this strange place. However, as she got older and explored the physical world, Priscilla had sent the spirits after her. As the continued attacks endangered both worlds, Campbell had arranged for the X-Men to be lured to Caldecott, as he knew only the real Rogue would be able to end the problem. Face to face with her real daughter, Priscilla was about to destroy her creation, though Rogue intervened. She absorbed the construct into herself, thus gaining the experience and memories of having been raised by her own mother. Mother and daughter exchanged a few happy moments until discovered that Priscilla’s physical form had been destroyed when she came to the Far Banks, but driven by anger and rage, she had survived in this form. Now confronted with this knowledge, Priscilla discorporated, giving Rogue a final goodbye. Once back on Earth, Rogue visited her aunt again and made up with her, before returning to the X-Men. [Rogue (3rd series) #1-6]

At Christmas, Rogue asked Sage to use her powers on Gambit another time. In combination with some earlier attempts to cure his blindness by some of the X-Men’s healers, Sage’s “jumpstart“ effect worked and restored Gambit’s sight. Soon thereafter, when Rogue and Gambit went on a date, Rogue found a weird-looking disc in Gambit’s coat. The disk containing some footage of him making out with another woman, Gambit successfully managed to avoid Rogue watching it, though it was more than clear that there were some serious issues in their relationship. [X-Men (2nd series) #165, Gambit (4th series) #3, 10

Later, the X-Men were send out to Alaska to investigate the threat of Golgotha, an alien creature that could bring out its victims worst fears into reality. During the case, Rogue and Gambit believed that their love was over, and were better of without each other. Gambit even suspected that Rogue and Wolverine had feelings for each other, and didn’t want to stand in their way. Indeed, while under Golgotha’s influence, Logan and Rogue shared a kiss. Naturally, Rogue’s power was draining the life out of Wolverine, but fortunately Rogue came back to her senses before there were any long-terms effects. When Golgotha was finally destroyed, Gambit and Rogue apologized to one another, and made up. [X-Men (2nd series) #169]

In light of the many recent ups and downs in their relationship, Rogue and Remy decided to get professional help in the form of the X-Men’s own sex-therapist, Emma Frost. Not only did she advise them to sleep in the same room, to gain some form of intimacy, but also she promised to help the pair with some special telepathic therapy.

However, Rogue’s dark past continued to catch up with her, as the picture from a few years ago was shown on national television – portraying her, Sunfire and Mystique. Brandmarked a criminal, Rogue started to investigate, only to find herself under attack by Lady Deathstrike, and at first she thought Sunfire had sent the cyborg woman after her. However, when she sought him out in Tokyo, she found that he too had been set up and that he had also no knowledge about when or where the picture of them had been taken. Further investigation revealed that Lady Deathstrike believed them to be responsible for the adamantium bonding process having been stolen from her father, and he was using Blindspot to hunt the two X-Men down. When they confronted Lady Deathstrike in her hideout, Sunfire’s legs were maimed by the cyborg and Rogue surrendered in order to prevent him from getting killed.

Locked away in some prison cell, Rogue was visited by Blindspot, who gave her back the missing pieces of her memory, so that Rogue could remember the time they shared in the past. Blindspot revealed that she had been forced into service by Deathstrike and plotted escape with Rogue. More dead than alive, Sunfire suggested for Rogue to absorb his flame powers but, considering his condition, she found it too risky. Blindspot did not have such quarrels, though, and pushed Rogue against Shiro’s face, making her permanently absorb his powers. Both with Sunfire’s atomic flame

and his hotheaded attitude in herself, Rogue went out for the fight and attacked Lady Deathstrike, destroying parts of her cybernetic body. When Blindspot tried to manipulate Rogue into doing her bidding, the Sunfire aspects in Rogue recognized her as an enemy and wanted to kill her as well. However, Blindspot quickly used her powers, making Rogue forget everything that had happened over the last few years, so that she believed herself to be a member of the Brotherhood and best friends with Blindspot again. As such, Rogue even attacked her fellow X-Men when they came after her, concerned over their missing teammate. However, as soon as Rogue looked into a mirror, she realized that she was a lot older than she believed herself to be and realized something was wrong. She then pressed the truth out of Blindspot and made her understand that it was wrong to manipulate someone into friendship – trust and respect needed to be earned. After Blindspot fully restored Rogue’s memory, she returned to the X-Men, who then checked out the place where Deathstrike had held her captive, only to find it empty. Neither the cyborg woman nor Sunfire’s body were to be found. [Rogue (3rd series) #7-12]

Back in Westchester, Rogue and Remy continued their therapy sessions with Emma Frost. The telepath took both of them to the astral plane, so that they could share some intimacy there, without making any actual physical contact. However, due to all their psychic baggage, they couldn’t safely touch even there. The instant they tried, Remy’s astral form was drained the same way his physical body would have, had they actually touched. Another problem arose in Foxx, a very attractive student at the mansion – actually though she was Mystique, who had created this identity to make her adoptive daughter understand she couldn’t be happy with a man like Gambit. While he resisted all of Foxx’s attempts to seduce him, the damage was already done, since he sure found himself attracted to her and this attraction even showed in their telepathic counseling sessions with Emma Frost. It remains to be seen what will happen to the once-happy couple in the future – that is if they even have a future together. [X-Men (2nd series) #171-172]

uh this thread is about ROUGE

Old 06-01-2006, 05:42 PM   #20
transluscent
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

tl;dr

Old 06-02-2006, 06:38 PM   #21
_angeltears_
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltermcphilp
so i saw that movie last night and when i saw that little boy i thought to myself " billy corgan? you're the cure? it all makes sense now!"
the machina mystery continues.

Old 06-02-2006, 06:46 PM   #22
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfuck
i'd do anna paquin even if it meant paralyzing coma
i second this.

her power is sexiness.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:01 PM   #23
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i cant believe anyone would write so goddamn much about fucking comic books
who the fuck makes up an entire history for a comic book character

Old 06-02-2006, 07:05 PM   #24
Toby
Just Hook it to My Veins!

comic book writers???

Old 06-02-2006, 07:25 PM   #25
Ugly
Immortal

Location: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed

you can't kill Rouge, she has Ms. Marvels powers pernamently. She's like Superman.

Ultimate X-Men Rogue merged with Gambit, since he done got crushed and killed by the Juggernaut, bitch. So now she's, uh, Rougebit.

Movie Rouge, though, could be easily taken out. And she was totally wasted in X-3.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #26
wangcomputers
Apocalyptic Poster

She's quite good at reddening cheeks.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:48 PM   #27
Voice Implodes
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Movie Rouge, though, could be easily taken out. And she was totally wasted in X-3.
SPOILER

yes, but remember what happened with magneto in the park near the end, with the metal chess pieces. she'll get it back, probably at a very inconvenient time, like while banging iceman. also, my personal prediction for rogue would be that perhaps all the cured mutants who didnt die, like her and magneto, get their powers back and become more powerful than ever.

Old 06-03-2006, 06:30 PM   #28
Ihaman
Sometimes, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice Implodes
SPOILER

yes, but remember what happened with magneto in the park near the end, with the metal chess pieces. she'll get it back, probably at a very inconvenient time, like while banging iceman. also, my personal prediction for rogue would be that perhaps all the cured mutants who didnt die, like her and magneto, get their powers back and become more powerful than ever.
Problem is they never actually showed her getting the "cure"....so knowing the common formula of plot twists I'd assume she didn't get it and eventually learns to control this dumb power of hers.

Old 06-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #29
Shapan
Socialphobic

maybe iceman will end up with shadowcat giving gambit a good chance to be in X4 and start his business with rogue.

i read a bunch of that stuff turalyon, good read.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:00 PM   #30
Hillzy
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: Posting Rules You may post new threads You may post replies You may post attachments You may edit your posts

I almost met Anna Paquin once. An acquantance of mine at university knew her and they were going out to her place in Sumner when she was back from America but I was hiding in my room hungover.