Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-21-2020, 02:21 PM   #31
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

He was pretty skinny from 96-2009 or so. Def was chubbier during siamese dream era

Old 06-21-2020, 05:47 PM   #32
Skradgee
Boardcaster

I played it a little back in the day. Someone just gave me the guitar controllers and drum set for PS3 last week...they were cleaning up and otherwise going to throw them away. I should get them out of my car. It’d be fun to play the SP songs. I’m more interested in seeing if I can just turn the drum kit controller into a real(ish) MIDI electronic drum kit though.

Old 06-21-2020, 06:38 PM   #33
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
Kristopher Pooley, Ginger's husband. He played with the band from 2008 until they both left.

man that prechorus is lit

also i still sorta followed the band in 2008 and i had no idea he played with them lol

those backing vocals are great. and jimmy.

chorus is the worst part

the chorus/outro though would be good if it was about half as long

Last edited by reprise85 : 06-21-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Old 06-22-2020, 11:40 AM   #34
jm9843
Ownz

Red face Wired or Tired?

Smashing Pumpkins Hit Hollywood for Guitar Hero Party

Quote:
Next door, the crowd of several hundred was warmed up by DJ Jazzy Jeff before emcee Mark McGrath introduced Smashing Pumpkins.

One might have expected a set peppered with Pumpkins hits like "Today" or "1979," but front man Billy Corgan (above right, with drummer Jimmy Chamberlin) was clearly at odds with the situation, and was much more interested in pushing the limits of his audience and hosts. Certainly the band's most dedicated fans would appreciate a blistering rendition of "Siva" off the Pumpkins' first album and the debut of the new song "As Rome Burns." But casual fans didn't get any of the huge hits.

Corgan punctuated his point with the set closer – an extended cover of Pink Floyd's "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun," which devolved into the Pumpkins' bald leader pounding on timpani, guitarist Jeff Schroeder on theramin and the rest of the band joining in with a chorus of chirping stuffed bird toys. The performance left the audience thoroughly confused and emcee McGrath at a loss for words.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:16 PM   #35
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Whats crazy to me is this guy arguably has a bigger and better career than Billy.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:25 PM   #36
BurtSampson
Apocalyptic Poster

I love how that article calls him “the bald leader”

Old 06-23-2020, 07:22 PM   #37
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
Whats crazy to me is this guy arguably has a bigger and better career than Billy.
How? Does he have computer hacking skills? Nunchuck skills?

Old 06-23-2020, 08:15 PM   #38
BurtSampson
Apocalyptic Poster

Impregnating a bassist from a once famous band doesn’t make a successful career

Old 06-23-2020, 08:55 PM   #39
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Are you saying I've been wasting my time with Jack Bates?

Old 06-23-2020, 09:35 PM   #40
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtSampson View Post
Impregnating a bassist from a once famous band doesn’t make a successful career
You should actually look at what he's been up to since 2008. It will shock you.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:00 AM   #41
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

i guess no one's gonna unveil who the fuck that guy actually is then?

Old 06-24-2020, 10:01 AM   #42
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtSampson View Post
I love how that article calls him “the bald leader”
a subtle attempt at trying to demote him as lord... shameful!

Old 06-26-2020, 11:37 PM   #43
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skradgee View Post
I played it a little back in the day. Someone just gave me the guitar controllers and drum set for PS3 last week...they were cleaning up and otherwise going to throw them away. I should get them out of my car. It’d be fun to play the SP songs. I’m more interested in seeing if I can just turn the drum kit controller into a real(ish) MIDI electronic drum kit though.
i fucking hated guitar hero after learning real drums. it felt super wrong to learn their kit and play what the screen showed instead of how i knew the song went

Old 06-27-2020, 12:02 AM   #44
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
and if we play guitar hero, i'm on drums.
You know, I've never actually played Guitar Hero, so you'd probably win.

Well, I played it once. At the end of the school day, this church that said in big capital letters "JESUS IS LORD" near my high school would invite students in for Guitar Hero and mac 'n' cheese. I went in once. The macaroni (or, as we call it, "Kraft Dinner") was good, so I was really vibing with this whole "Christianity" thing. I thought you only had to press the buttons and didn't even realize there was a "strumming" aspect to the game, so I got zero points. I cried out, "Lord, why have you forsaken me?" My relationship with Jesus never really fully repaired since then, so you could say this attempt to convert me was overall an abject failure.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:53 PM   #45
jm9843
Ownz

Phil McIntyre Signs on As Executive Producer, Plus Kristopher Pooley Joins As Music Director For ABC's AMERICAN IDOL

Quote:
Phil Mcintyre, founder and CEO of Philymack, the entertainment and music management company for multiplatinum artists Demi Lovato, Nick Jonas, Joe Jonas/DNCE, and most recently The Band Perry and Iggy Azalea, has signed on as executive producer, representing CORE Media on the production of "American Idol" on ABC. Drawing on his extensive musical background, he will focus on developing the contestants' artistic vision, preparing them for a successful career after the show, along with liaising with guest artists and the online distribution of the music performed.

Additionally, music producer, live music director, and multi-instrumentalist Kristopher Pooley has joined the series as music director. In this role, he will be responsible for working with the contestants to create song arrangements, leading the live band, and helping to guide and advise the contestants on their journey to become the next superstar. Pooley's career has kept him busy producing music for television, including the SUPER BOWL Halftime show, "The GLEE Project," "American Horror Story," "American Bible Challenge," and "Glee," among others. As a veteran live music director, Pooley has worked around the world arranging and music directing shows for Katy Perry, Kesha, Gwen Stefani, Adam Lambert, DNCE, Dixie Chicks, Miguel, Tegan and Sara, Niall Horan, Demi Lovato, Rita Ora; and as a multi-instrumentalist for Melissa Etheridge, Morrissey, Smashing Pumpkins, Jane's Addiction, Siouxsie Sioux and many more.

Old 06-27-2020, 08:51 PM   #46
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

who are you and why are you bringing this into American homes?