Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2002, 07:37 PM   #31
frail_and_bedazzled

Quote:
Originally posted by Best Looking Boy:
Quote:
Originally posted by frail_and_bedazzled:
if you don't get it, you don't get it. my point has been made.
Well... how is it you can make assumptions about people you don't know, but they could never sum you up?

i made a conclusion based on your very words. you admit to not understanding the point, so there you go. you, however, cannot place me within some limited scope of stylistic definition by my mere assertation that i like used clothes.

Old 04-08-2002, 07:49 PM   #32
Lie

I tend to meet cool people when I wear my SP shirts.

------------------
Boot the grime of this world in the crotch, dear.

Old 04-08-2002, 08:14 PM   #33
sawdust restaurants

Ironically, I met my ex-girlfriend when she came up to me after my band's gig; I was wearing a Pumpkins shirt, and that's what sparked her curiosity.

Old 04-08-2002, 08:57 PM   #34
Graveflower

Thumbs down

I just don't like them. I don't have a problem with them on other people, they're just not for me. Bleh.

------------------
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov...17046oouct.jpg

Old 04-08-2002, 09:09 PM   #35
lise

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Graveflower:
ahaha, plus he thought wearing a Saves the Day shirt would give you punk cred. It would more likely get you kicked in the head repeatedly.
i don't know ANY punk credders that like saves the day...

Old 04-08-2002, 09:09 PM   #36
Mayfuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Best Looking Boy:
Well... how is it you can make assumptions about people you don't know, but they could never sum you up?

http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/Fo...ML/034530.html

Old 04-09-2002, 01:13 AM   #37
tear stained glass

I wear band shirts because all of the other shirts I've seen around say stuff like "Beauty is only a light switch away" and "Tell your girlfriend I said thanks." I also have no sense of style whatsoever.

Old 04-09-2002, 02:05 AM   #38
bonsor

Quote:
Originally posted by tear stained glass:
I also have no sense of style whatsoever.
But you're gay! It's a paradox!

Old 04-09-2002, 02:12 AM   #39
failure

Arrow

like Lie said, i usually meet cool people whenever i wear my band shirts. granted, i only have two and a half (radiohead, stereolab and a jane's addiction button down with the sewed-on graphic cut out from a t-shirt), but if given the chance to strike up a conversation about said bands, i will.

Old 04-09-2002, 08:29 PM   #40
starlasomasiva

how about this situation; i went to the columbia zwan show and got a shirt there. then i went to the st louis show, and since i had no other long sleeved shirts packed, it was cold that day, and i had a new shirt to wear, i wore the zwan shirt to the show. what is wrong with that? i hope you people graduate from highschool eventually because it is ridiculous the way you analyze what people wear.
i wear band shirts a lot, because i go to a lot of shows. its what i like to do. jocks wear jock shirts with corny phrases on the back, but at least theyre not like "oh my god! hes wearing a baseball shirt to baseball practice! like, we already know he likes baseball because hes here! at least wear a football shirt! or if youre really elite, rugby....."

get over yourselves!

------------------
special thanks to everyone for their continued support and a fuck you to those who flame me.
-jill

Old 04-10-2002, 05:25 AM   #41
Irrelevant

Cool

Quote:
2) band members don't wear band t-shirts. if they do, they're lame.
Jimmy Chamberlain was wearing an A Perfect Circle shirt at the show Monday. and we all know he's the epitome of lame.

Old 04-10-2002, 05:14 PM   #42
frail_and_bedazzled

Quote:
Originally posted by Irrelevant:
Jimmy Chamberlain was wearing an A Perfect Circle shirt at the show Monday. and we all know he's the epitome of lame.
heh. exactly.

and i will forever analyze what people wear. it's my passion in life.

Old 04-11-2002, 09:24 AM   #43
happy peter pan

Quote:
heh. exactly.

and i will forever analyze what people wear. it's my passion in life.
I'm from Finland and I just read from a newspaper about a new research here about style. Anyways at the end it said "America is out. Their values are seen as too shallow."
Thanks for proving this point for me!

Old 04-11-2002, 03:08 PM   #44
professional wannabe

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by starlasomasiva:
how about this situation; i went to the columbia zwan show and got a shirt there. then i went to the st louis show, and since i had no other long sleeved shirts packed, it was cold that day, and i had a new shirt to wear, i wore the zwan shirt to the show. what is wrong with that? i hope you people graduate from highschool eventually because it is ridiculous the way you analyze what people wear.
i wear band shirts a lot, because i go to a lot of shows. its what i like to do. jocks wear jock shirts with corny phrases on the back, but at least theyre not like "oh my god! hes wearing a baseball shirt to baseball practice! like, we already know he likes baseball because hes here! at least wear a football shirt! or if youre really elite, rugby....."

get over yourselves!

i so second that. i don't understand why the majority is seeming to think wearing band shirts is such a bad thing to do. i wear my KH t-shirt quite often, and i like it. i mean, i like wearing that shirt, and plus it helps promote the band to newbies who've never heard of them before.

fuck high school people that judge others this way.

Old 04-11-2002, 03:18 PM   #45
Graveflower

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Irrelevant:
Oh man, that's especially awful since Pez is in the band now.

Old 04-11-2002, 04:08 PM   #46
Nate the Grate

I wear a Red Sox hat and shirt (sometimes even my Trot Nixon jersey over that shirt) to games. what's the difference?

------------------
http://www.rbibaseball.com/images/player-bo.gif

Old 04-11-2002, 06:47 PM   #47
mjnova

Quote:
Originally posted by Nate the Grate:
I wear a Red Sox hat and shirt (sometimes even my Trot Nixon jersey over that shirt) to games. what's the difference?

Sports is already a big sell out. Where as musicians just pretend like they don't sell out.

Your showing your team spirit, but no one goes to a concert wearing a shirt showing they're band spirit.

People wear their school colors at pep rallies and nobody says "Duh, you already go to this school".

Old 04-11-2002, 07:06 PM   #48
frail_and_bedazzled

Quote:
Originally posted by happy peter pan:
I'm from Finland and I just read from a newspaper about a new research here about style. Anyways at the end it said "America is out. Their values are seen as too shallow."
Thanks for proving this point for me!
and we all know that finland has contributed so much to culture and society...

i don't care. i know no one at netphoria gives a shit about style. i do. i'm not going to change. it's an art like anything else. like......say......music. if you think it's not, then you have a very limited defintion of style....

why do so few people ever get it? sheesh.