Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-11-2016, 08:36 AM   #1
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria
Default Stanford rapist thread

I just need there to be a thread here. I thought I'd heard everything about this case that might cause me an aneurysm but then they released the letter that his MOTHER sent to the judge, wistfully recounting how she hadn't yet decorated her house, because not long after they moved in, they received the fateful call from young Brock, saying that he had been caught fingering some drunk slut and now they were charging him with rape.

Fucking Lizard People.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:38 AM   #2
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

I'm just here to make sure the victim got the proper amount of slut shaming, the victim being the man obviously. Was the judge a racist Mexican?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
i mean if she didnt want to be buried, raised, and killed over and over again she shouldnt have worn that miniskirt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:42 AM   #3
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

best FB comment i read the other day regarding alcohol as an excuse for commiting a crime was something like "i got really drunk last night. didn't rape anybody."

Old 06-11-2016, 10:45 AM   #4
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

here's the image that was released to the media prior to and during the trial

http://publicradio1.wpengine.netdna-...ock_turner.jpg

here's the mug shot that the police didn't release until after the trial

http://www.wtsp.com/img/resize/conte...preset=534-401

Old 06-11-2016, 10:46 AM   #5
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

I knew he was black.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:16 PM   #6
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I guess the perpetrator wasn't charged with rape, because even though the FBI changed the definition of rape to include unwanted penetration with any object, in California, rape still only refers to unwanted penetration with a penis, so foreign objects or fingers don't count, and are only varying forms of sexual assault. I suppose they also carry lighter sentences if this guy got off so easily. But it's not just the lesser charge that's responsible for the short prison term, it's the discretion of the judge; he still could had gone away for a maximum of 14 years for what he was convicted of, but he got three months.

In Canada, "rape" as a legal term has been completely replaced by "sexual assault," which is simply defined as "unwanted sexual contact," regardless on how/where one was penetrated, if one was enveloped, if one was fondled, etc. All that matters is whether the victim was maimed/disfigured/had their life endangered, in which case, it was aggravated sexual assault. And of course, aggravating and mitigating circumstanced are supposed to contribute to how much of the maximum sentence an offender receives, just like anywhere else.

It wasn't like that until 1983, though. Before then, the offense of rape had to be a male having unwanted intercourse with a female to whom he is not married. So, men couldn't be raped, wives couldn't be raped by their husbands, and nothing but intercourse was considered rape. Pretty crazy how marital rape was totally legal until Rebel Yell was released.

I think Canada's current definitions are the best way to do it. It obviates questions like, "well, was it really rape if the perpetrator didn't, like, forcibly pin down somebody and have intercourse with them?" or "well, can a dude be a rape victim?" It's just, well, if you do sex things with people who don't consent to sex things, you did the crime. Maybe this case will raise more discussion about how states should define these crimes in their penal codes.

Old 06-12-2016, 01:14 AM   #7
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
here's the image that was released to the media prior to and during the trial

http://publicradio1.wpengine.netdna-...ock_turner.jpg

here's the mug shot that the police didn't release until after the trial

http://www.wtsp.com/img/resize/conte...preset=534-401
Eyes r already going scary in 1st pic. He's got the Outer Darkness talking to him, you can tell. Looks like he listened hard

Old 06-15-2016, 08:17 AM   #8
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

That's soo fuckin black metal!

Old 06-15-2016, 01:20 PM   #9
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

What was his major? I bet is business

Old 06-15-2016, 01:26 PM   #10
redbreegull

I love when people say things about wishing rapists get sent to prison so they can get raped

like yeah, you're clearly very anti-rape. good job, you are awesome at thinking

Old 06-15-2016, 01:53 PM   #11
Elphenor
Braindead

rapists gotta get raped murderers gotta get murdered its justice you know what Im sayin because it's still 12th century BC

Old 06-15-2016, 10:35 PM   #12
ilikeplanets
Braindead

He looks so fucking much like someone I knew in highschool, except he is way too young to be my associate and also my old acquaintance would never be anywhere near stanford. Still creeps me out though

Old 06-16-2016, 02:02 PM   #13
FoolofaTook

i bet u he smokes meth