Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 01-31-2012, 01:12 PM   #61
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
i wish i could ask him whether he thinks that article is about ufos or not

i mean i remember when i was a teenager i had questions about his music and stuff, now i just want to ask questions that underline his unfortunate stupidity
Safe bet is yes, he does believe it is about aliens. Back when he had his shit spiritual blog he posted a link to a quack and then went on about how ancient Egyptians were aliens that had advanced technologies, more advanced than the ones we have today even.

Who knew Billy would turn out be conservative, border tea-partier who spends most of his time tweeting about conspiracies, astrology, god, and sports. Was he always like this? Maybe I just never noticed.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #62
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

the conspiracy thing is new but that's because conspiracy theories are mainstream now somehow

all that other stuff has been there for a while, he's a recovering catholic so the jesus stuff has been there from the start ("i am one as you are three", look at the back of gish ffs)

i really think characterizing him as conservative and tea partier is incorrect. I mean seriously do you think b. corg hates gays and pines for the glory days of President Cowboy? i think he's just an average american dumbass aka the independent, undecided voter

Old 01-31-2012, 08:42 PM   #63
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

No, but I find that a surprising amount of his views are far more right leaning that his actions or past indicated. He leans left on some issues but leans right on a lot of others as well. He is a supporter of Ron Paul, which fits his left and right leanings. I say tea partier because I remember him posting some articles in support of them on his twitter some time back.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:29 AM   #64
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
No, but I find that a surprising amount of his views are far more right leaning that his actions or past indicated. He leans left on some issues but leans right on a lot of others as well. He is a supporter of Ron Paul, which fits his left and right leanings. I say tea partier because I remember him posting some articles in support of them on his twitter some time back.
A LOT of those who came of age in the 80's/early 90's and had some degree of success with their lives seemed to turn Libertarian right. Is it a surprise, really? Be inherently very suspicious of any institution which can exercise power, authority, or control, prize individuality and independence above group ethic, do whatever the hell you want to pursue your own interests, and owe society nothing in particular...this is the mentality of a lot of X-ers I have known. I think it had something to do with coming of age in the Reagan era and/or to baby boomer parents who brought their own unique mentality to parenting. Not that all of that is wrong...a lot of it rings true with me at least on a visceral level. Growing up I was libertarian-right. Now I suppose I would characterize myself as progressive libertarian left, however. I'm not comfortable with where our society is in danger of heading, but I still don't drink so damned much conspiracy theory kool-aid that I lose sleep at night tossing and turning over concern for lack of a gold standard. My answer to fear of big, authoritarian governments taking over my life is not simply to replace those power structures with big, authoritarian corporations (which is basically what is happening now and seems to be what a lot of people on the right are in effect advocating)--either path is equally horrific. The degree to which corporate interests have come to control public policy and law at every level of government is so fucking blatant nowadays I don't know how anyone could rationalize the "goodness" of how his has turned out.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:50 AM   #65
Trotskilicious
Banned

i think both of you are thinking way more about billy's political beliefs than he ever has

he's a political dipshit, is what i'm trying to say

ron paul has A LOT of undecided dipshit support because he is against the grain and undecided dipshits generally like that these days

not to say that ron paul has exclusively undecided dipshits, i'm just saying, they're part of the picture.

however i am kind of scared to ask the people who actually follow this shit: does he talk about jews a lot?

Old 02-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #66
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I've never heard billy express a coherent political perspective. Like his religious beliefs, it's seems like nothing but a collection of nonsense. As if he comes upon each and every issue in complete isolation, never asking himself whether his support of one thing makes any sense at all when compared to any other thing he believes in.

he believes in Jesus, but also astrology and seemingly every other hippy pseudo religious trapping. Nevermind that Jesus wouldn't be down with that. He says he's "enlightened" like a good liberal, even supporting Nicole's gay friendly agenda, but then he goes off occasionally with anti gay slurs on twitter.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #67
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat View Post
The degree to which corporate interests have come to control public policy and law at every level of government is so fucking blatant nowadays
qft

Old 02-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #68
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
the conspiracy thing is new but that's because conspiracy theories are mainstream now somehow
that's part of the conspiracy

Old 02-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #69
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

the Tea HAUS will be open before Oceania is out..

Old 02-02-2012, 02:17 AM   #70
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

LOL, no comment.

And yeah, Billy's beliefs as a whole are actually rather incoherent.

And in regards to Ron Paul and jews...as far as I know he's never said anything explicitly to that effect, but he clearly has had a great deal of support from "those types" that like to talk about New World Order, ZOG, world monetary control, etc. For what it's worth as a matter of history and culture Jews have been involved disproportionately in the monetary system, banking, etc. and its intellectual underpinnings at the institutional levels but obviously there are also a billion examples of Jews using their tradition of scholarship to fight for rights and protections of relatively economically and socially disenfranchised groups as well as shameless WASP capitalists (and mormons, too...soon to give the jew stereotype a run for its money I'll bet) that have no problem screwing gramps out of his retirement pension so that ever increasing amounts are funneled into "the private markets."

Old 02-02-2012, 02:56 AM   #71
Trotskilicious
Banned

actually ron paul has written multiple racist things about blacks in newsletters from a while back, but we're not talking about ron paul

i was asking about billy & jews. conspiracy theorists are often anti-semetic, they seem to be unable to separate jewishness from banks/Israel

Old 02-02-2012, 02:59 AM   #72
Trotskilicious
Banned

by the way the reason jewish people have the leverage they do is because during the industrial revolution the major sources of wealth were jewish enclaves the churches, and the noble houses

noble houses felt business was beneath them, the church is interested in enriching itself, so the jews were the only people with the financial muscle to actually act on this, they became economically dominant and then there was the anti-semetic backlash across europe in the late 19th century because the nobility got jealous, and it eventually culminated in the Final Solution

Old 02-02-2012, 03:00 AM   #73
Trotskilicious
Banned

so i'm just saying if you want to talk about who's got money i think it's wise to leave their religion out of it. there's plenty of rich non jews.

the catholic church also waves hello.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:35 AM   #74
Extremis
anti anti anti

i think i need a drink

Old 02-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #75
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
noble houses felt business was beneath them,
i'm going to use this as an excuse from now on

Old 02-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #76
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Old 02-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #77
Toby
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I'm more concerned with the "re-creation of a 1988 original demo tape"

Old 02-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #78
Ball Sack Face
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post

announcement of an announcement

Old 02-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #79
Kahlo

Well he is announcing they are signing a record deal, so it isn't entirely worthless news.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #80
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post

Old 02-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #81
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

is he talking about nothing ever changes?

Old 02-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #82
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
is he talking about nothing ever changes?
who knows.
i wouldn't be surprised if he simply got the year wrong - he often does that - and is talking about "smashing pumpkins" or "moon".

Old 02-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #83
Cool As Ice Cream

that dvd will be funny: http://www.splra.org/wiki/index.php?...Tsp1988-11-19B

http://www.splra.org/wiki/images/19881119p5.jpg

Old 02-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #84
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
what if he "recreates" it with Mike, Nicole and Jeff?

Old 02-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #85
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy
and also on the DVD a full UN-EDITED performance (1988) on local cable access w/ false starts, dialogue (shot at Roselle Music!)
This is awesome.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #86
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

oh shit, i missed that part.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #87
thomas_bland
Ownz

Quote:
by the way the reason jewish people have the leverage they do is because during the industrial revolution the major sources of wealth were jewish enclaves the churches, and the noble houses

noble houses felt business was beneath them, the church is interested in enriching itself, so the jews were the only people with the financial muscle to actually act on this, they became economically dominant and then there was the anti-semetic backlash across europe in the late 19th century because the nobility got jealous, and it eventually culminated in the Final Solution
But this is because prior to the industrial revolution, in large proportions of Europe Jews were prohibited from owning land.

Just adding.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #88
MonteLDS
*sigh*

Quote:
no need to worry (see update)

http://crestfallen.com/2012/02/08/bi...eania-details/

Old 02-09-2012, 12:20 AM   #89
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Go plug your shitty website elsewhere asshole.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:07 AM   #90
Cool As Ice Cream

last week i asked monty's mum if she would consider a late abortion on monty. she said she had already considered it many times, but that it's against her religion. LDS SAVES!