Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2018, 04:05 PM   #121
SPLATTER
Demi-God

this piece from riffing off one of his alex jones appearance does a great job calling billy out on his coded language and hoops jumping

https://onpiratesatellite.com/home/p...n-billy-corgan

Quote:
The bizarre thing about your argument is you are celebrating the KKK members in Skokie (who were explicitly trying to build up American racism) with tolerance while excoriating "Black LIves Matter" protesters for engaging in legal and protected protests (which were explicitly designed to dismantle racism). That is some perverse shit, Brother Corgan.

Of course, you are also making a gross an inaccurate parallel between a hypothetical KKK member spitting in a Black face and a Black Lives protester arguing with a liberal candidate or reporter. Arguing is not spitting, and the content of the argument being engaged in matters here.

The KKK thinks they are right, but are wrong and put many people's lives at risk. The Black Lives Matters protesters are right, and may not always use tactics you approve of, but are trying to make the world a better (and more just) place.

Your analogy was poorly conceived and your argument was poor. And, at the very least, you should extend at least as much "Tolerance" to Black Lives Matters as you seem willing to extend to the frickin' Klan.

And last but not least, speaking almost entirely in coded language doesn't really help you here. As concerned as I am sure you are for "liberal reporters" and "Bernie," it comes across as pretty disingenuous and sketchy.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:10 PM   #122
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
Here, please read the definition of "racism". I don't think you know what it means.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...english/racism
Gets confused with this often: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...nglish/bigotry

Old 03-23-2018, 04:16 PM   #123
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLATTER View Post
this piece from riffing off one of his alex jones appearance does a great job calling billy out on his coded language and hoops jumping

https://onpiratesatellite.com/home/p...n-billy-corgan
Thanks for sharing. That's a very level-headed article and critique

Old 03-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #124
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
“I would say 80 percent of the things that I get sort of held up and mocked for, I’m doing intentionally,” Mr. Roes said. “It’s sort of funny to me that they actually think I’m that stupid.”

Old 03-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #125
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Here, please read the definition of "racism". I don't think you know what it means.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...english/racism
this thread is like a 100 level polisci class

Old 03-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #126
redbreegull

I mean we have a dude here citing the dictionary definition of racism in real life and not as a joke

Old 03-23-2018, 05:17 PM   #127
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
this is coming from someone who published an interview with D'arcy where she was very critical of him, not some Billy sycophant.
Do us a favor and stop pretending you wouldn't tongue anyone's asshole for a page hit. Your site is garbage. You got us a good D'arcy interview. Your work here is done.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:24 PM   #128
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I mean we have a dude here citing the dictionary definition of racism in real life and not as a joke
Those damned dictionaries and their straightforward definitions of the English language. It's always much better when people change the meanings of words to fit their own view of the world, then pass it off as universally accepted

Old 03-23-2018, 05:26 PM   #129
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvase View Post
Those damned dictionaries and their straightforward definitions of the English language. It's always much better when people change the meanings of words to fit their own view of the world, then pass it off as universally accepted
are you in high school

Old 03-23-2018, 05:26 PM   #130
redbreegull

let me guess you "don't see color"

Old 03-23-2018, 05:28 PM   #131
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
let me guess you "don't see color"
Keep on guessing, I hear it makes you sound intelligent

Old 03-23-2018, 05:36 PM   #132
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
What can I do? That's how we start a discussion with someone who thinks Billy is "racist" for disliking SJWs. The bar was set too low.

It's also ironic how full of SJWs a place like Netphoria is.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:53 PM   #133
slunken
Virgo

cool another racism thread

Old 03-23-2018, 05:59 PM   #134
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

I remember listening to an early 90s interview where Corgan spoke out against Rush Limbaugh. Now he’s pals with Jones.

Crazy. I tend to think he’s completely insane now.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:01 PM   #135
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Do us a favor and stop pretending you wouldn't tongue anyone's asshole for a page hit. Your site is garbage. You got us a good D'arcy interview. Your work here is done.
I doubt that Mr. Buchanan has a chance after his interview with D'arcy to ever taste Billy Corgan.
Who claims himself to have a memory like an elephant and won't forget that he gave her the opportunity to speak out publicly about her indignation how Billy had treated her.

There's a lot of copy & paste nowadays from social media and between music sites. I wouldn't condamn it in general.

And you should only speak for yourself, not in the name of all...

Old 03-23-2018, 06:02 PM   #136
slunken
Virgo

Alex Jones would be a lot cooler if he were broadcasting out of a closet or some ramshackle homemade studio.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:04 PM   #137
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy seems like he the kind of guy who went months without speaking to D’Arcy because she passed him mustard instead of ketchup at lunch.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:18 PM   #138
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
I remember listening to an early 90s interview where Corgan spoke out against Rush Limbaugh. Now he’s pals with Jones.

Crazy. I tend to think he’s completely insane now.
Here he is on Alex Jones saying he is no fan of Rush (limbaugh) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ky...tu.be&t=22m40s

I'm telling you. Alex wasn't always alt right and Billy is not

Old 03-23-2018, 06:20 PM   #139
KissesandNoise
Banned

That is a Pre-Trump era discussion and it is low key and very interesting. If you ever listen to it you can see Billy trying to keep the discussion on track and deflecting Alex when he gets worked up. It's not a bad conversation at all

Old 03-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #140
pinetree
Ownz

whats up guys

Old 03-23-2018, 06:34 PM   #141
slunken
Virgo

whats up

Old 03-23-2018, 06:36 PM   #142
pinetree
Ownz

chillin thinking of cooking up some hot wings after my kids get to sleep hbu bro

Old 03-23-2018, 06:37 PM   #143
slunken
Virgo

nice man i could go for some wings idk about kids though lol

-slunken

Old 03-23-2018, 06:37 PM   #144
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
chillin thinking of cooking up some hot wings after my kids get to sleep hbu bro
smokin' em? That's the way to go

Old 03-23-2018, 06:37 PM   #145
slunken
Virgo

i'm frying up a big pan of onions and gonna have a steak lol

-slunken

Old 03-23-2018, 06:41 PM   #146
pinetree
Ownz

smoking sounds amazing but it's cold as hell outside...I have a unique method involving broiling...and Buffalo sauce is key. I'm a health hypochondriac though so I balance taste and health

Old 03-23-2018, 06:42 PM   #147
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
What can I do? That's how we start a discussion with someone who thinks Billy is "racist" for disliking SJWs. The bar was set too low.

It's also ironic how full of SJWs a place like Netphoria is.
what's the term for unironically using the term "sjw" in the first place? ...hmmm.... oh right, idiotic, the other word with i and -ic.

it also really is ironic how many minorities are posting on a place like netphoria, isn't it? ha.ha!

Old 03-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #148
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
what's the term for unironically using the term "sjw" in the first place? ...hmmm.... oh right, idiotic, the other word with i and -ic.
hi pavetune...what's your favorite pavement tune? I couldn't ever pick one. ..or even 10...but grounded definitely comes to mind

Old 03-23-2018, 06:48 PM   #149
pinetree
Ownz

I've seen malkmus 7 times in 5 states...and I've never seen corgan... if that tells you where my priorites are. but now I'm old and tired. although I saw the amazing snail mail the other night

Old 03-23-2018, 06:49 PM   #150
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

I can't stand the band pavement, pavement tune is the name of a song.