Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2017, 03:00 PM   #11
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
After I buy a bong an Alcest shirt and a Mono shirt I think I will turn my gaze towards a decent pair of headphones.
Many of my producer and songwriter friends swore by the ATH-M50Xs. So I decided to pick em up since I was able to save 15% on em and get em for only $125 (normally around $150-160). And man, do they frigging sound amazing. I gave my old Sony DJ headphones to my girl, which eventually broke after years of abuse and traveling for shows. So I picked up a pair of Audio Technicas and she was blown away.

Price isn't everything ::cough:: Beats ::cough:: Sure, there are some more expensive, great headphones out there, like Sennheiser. But $125-150 ain't that expensive for amazing sounding headphones. Most regular in store headphones have their own built in EQs to make them "sound better." So it's better to go for noise canceling studio headphones like Audio Technica that try not to alter the signal like studio monitors.

For playback, I use my Roland MX-1 mixer/audio interface that can handle 24/96 instead of my laptop's internal sound card. But that's a bit of money and much more than what non-music producers would need. For regular music listeners, you can find decent 24 bit DACs for around $150-200. There's cheaper DACs for under $100, but most top out at 16/48.

Last edited by MyKeyZ : 06-01-2017 at 03:19 PM.