all you should know about a covert narcisst

Old 11-16-2021, 05:47 PM   #5
run2pee
Minion of Satan

covert narcisst 21 signs and symptoms ypur partner is a narcsist

Old 11-16-2021, 05:51 PM   #6
run2pee
Minion of Satan

before it's too latebefore it's too late before it's too late before it's re it's too late before it's too latebefore it's too latebefore it's too latebefore it's too late before it's too late before it's too late before it's too latebefore it's too latere it's too late before it's too latebefore it's too latebefore it's too latebefore it's too late before it's too late before it's too late before it's too latebefore it's too late

Old 11-16-2021, 05:56 PM   #7
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Grandiosity. Exaggerated sense of self-importance. / When manic, u betcha 10/10. When depressed, yeah my depression is the most important, my suffering is omf u can't even begin to b/c it hurts so good so yeh
10/10

Excessive need for admiration. Who would have guessed that little red squares could be so important to someone 10/10

Superficial and exploitative relationships. A h shit. Is anybody even real?? Fuck. People in my mind are "the guy who" "the lady that's" etc. One word. A label. A symbol or an archetype. Nonhuman. Get out of my face. I'm hurting and you are in my way to the thing that might help me numb you dumn fucker

Lack of empathy. what is that word mean? oh, you want me to feel sorry for you? sure. yeah i feel sorry for you that you will never know what i know: the purity of being so righteously tortured and neverendingly abused. yeah it's tough. thank you for noticing. let me tell you some more about my childhood

Identity disturbance. ... Who am iiiiiiiii eeeee iiiiiiii 10/10 everyday since i was a fucken teen, used to stand in the road at night and ask "who am i" and i wasn't even into smashpump at that point, i was still on hootie, only wanna be with u, etc TLC, mariah carrey etc

Difficulty with attachment and dependency. ... Mom/dad? Wher are u? This trash can's getting cold

Chronic feelings of emptiness and boredom. ... OMF OMF OMF OMF

Vulnerability to life transitions.

10/10 u guys.

Shit.

Old 11-16-2021, 06:15 PM   #8
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Old 11-16-2021, 06:52 PM   #9
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Grandiosity. Exaggerated sense of self-importance. / When manic, u betcha 10/10. When depressed, yeah my depression is the most important, my suffering is omf u can't even begin to b/c it hurts so good so yeh
10/10

Excessive need for admiration. Who would have guessed that little red squares could be so important to someone 10/10

Superficial and exploitative relationships. A h shit. Is anybody even real?? Fuck. People in my mind are "the guy who" "the lady that's" etc. One word. A label. A symbol or an archetype. Nonhuman. Get out of my face. I'm hurting and you are in my way to the thing that might help me numb you dumn fucker

Lack of empathy. what is that word mean? oh, you want me to feel sorry for you? sure. yeah i feel sorry for you that you will never know what i know: the purity of being so righteously tortured and neverendingly abused. yeah it's tough. thank you for noticing. let me tell you some more about my childhood

Identity disturbance. ... Who am iiiiiiiii eeeee iiiiiiii 10/10 everyday since i was a fucken teen, used to stand in the road at night and ask "who am i" and i wasn't even into smashpump at that point, i was still on hootie, only wanna be with u, etc TLC, mariah carrey etc

Difficulty with attachment and dependency. ... Mom/dad? Wher are u? This trash can's getting cold

Chronic feelings of emptiness and boredom. ... OMF OMF OMF OMF

Vulnerability to life transitions.

10/10 u guys.

Shit.
cluster b personality disorders are often lumped in together, and almost all of this could apply to someone with borderline personality disorder. they could also describe someone with borderline traits with complex PTSD. I also don't think you can really judge if you are substance abusing. When I was addicted to opiates you could have mistaken me for a sociopath.

I'm not diagnosing you obviously, but I think calling yourself a narcissist is pretty pejorative when your obvious other non-personality disorder symptoms (substance abuse, depression, mania, PTSD) haven't been treated well yet. Of course you don't know who you are. You have a bunch of untreated symptoms that override whatever your personality would otherwise be.

Old 11-16-2021, 06:55 PM   #10
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

It doesn't even really matter what you technically are except that if someone assumes you have NPD and are trying to treat you they will probably assume your symptoms are completely treatment-resistant and they have to teach you very basic things like why empathy is a good thing and why exploiting people is bad not only for other people, but for you (because it's easier to teach someone who doesn't care about others very much to care about others if it's good for them). And I think that would likely be a disservice to you and the vast majority of people that go into treatment.

Old 11-16-2021, 08:09 PM   #11
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Thanks

Well i for sure have bipolar 2. Twenty years untreated. So that could factor in

And CPTSD

And raised by a gigantic penis of a biggest narcissist of all tiem

So it’s hard to tell what it is and why and what not

Old 11-16-2021, 08:09 PM   #12
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Thankfully the internet has a lot of great jpegs to help remove the stigma of wacky craziness disease

Last edited by run2pee : 11-16-2021 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Bipolar disorder made my CPTSD yell at my dad on Facebook and i was so busy i fuck yp this post

Old 11-16-2021, 08:12 PM   #13
run2pee
Minion of Satan

WHAT PEOPLE GET WRONG ABOUT BIPOLAR DISORDE

Old 11-16-2021, 08:14 PM   #14
run2pee
Minion of Satan

eleven and a half signs your crazy gf is actually bipolar af

Old 11-16-2021, 08:15 PM   #15
run2pee
Minion of Satan

HOW TO TELL YOUR BUPOLAR SON THAT HIS WHOLE EBTIRE LIFE MAKES YOU SOO SO UNCOMFORTABLE

Old 11-16-2021, 08:29 PM   #16
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Thanks

Well i for sure have bipolar 2. Twenty years untreated. So that could factor in

And CPTSD

And raised by a gigantic penis of a biggest narcissist of all tiem

So it’s hard to tell what it is and why and what not
yeah do you really think you're like him? my ex bf person was a narcissist and I've know a few others and it makes me sad to think you think you're like them when you are clearly not IMO. good thing for them that they would not give one shit who they were lumped with or what anybody thought about them

Old 11-16-2021, 09:26 PM   #17
Shallowed
Braindead

i haven't noticed tbh

if you are it's probably not harmless in a mostly anonymous online context

Old 11-16-2021, 09:32 PM   #18
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Didn't seem covert to me

Old 11-16-2021, 10:07 PM   #19
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Emotional state when taking these things matters a lot

Old 11-16-2021, 10:29 PM   #20
ovary
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
cluster b personality disorders are often lumped in together, and almost all of this could apply to someone with borderline personality disorder. they could also describe someone with borderline traits with complex PTSD. I also don't think you can really judge if you are substance abusing. When I was addicted to opiates you could have mistaken me for a sociopath.

I'm not diagnosing you obviously, but I think calling yourself a narcissist is pretty pejorative when your obvious other non-personality disorder symptoms (substance abuse, depression, mania, PTSD) haven't been treated well yet. Of course you don't know who you are. You have a bunch of untreated symptoms that override whatever your personality would otherwise be.
good post

i thought calling myself an asshole was pretty pejorative when my obvious other non-personality disorder symptoms like alcoholism hadn't been treated well yet but i quit drinking and it turns out i just am an asshole after all

Old 11-16-2021, 10:53 PM   #21
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post

Everything that come out of that guy's mouth is word salad

Old 11-16-2021, 11:02 PM   #22
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post

I feel this with my soul. When I was addicted to opiates, I also did very sociopathic things. My coping skills and patience were nonexistent, and I had no interest in having any interests. I feel like the deep core of my personality was still somewhat intact (I've always been quiet, peaceful, and insecure, even on all the drugs) but I essentially had no real personality besides sticking a needle in my arm and finding money to do it again. Even in the beginning of getting clean, I was still pretty much a shell. I was very likely to be hyper critical of myself and every minor issue, internal or external, seemed exaggerated . With everything you've been going through, Run2Me, it isn't fair or even advisable to try to evaluate yourself. You gotta let the dust settle, and not try to create new problems in your mind when you've just taken away all your (unhealthy) crutches. I think you've shown plenty of empathy, too.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:05 PM   #23
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I sometimes feel narcissistic because I always relate posts to myself or give personal examples, but really I'm just trying to show that I can understand and apply what you're saying. So I want to let you know that you're not alone, and don't want to assume how you feel so I just say how I feel about the topic.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:34 PM   #24
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
Didn't seem covert to me
Yeah u know what it’s basically the same criteria only the “covert” narcissist sorta is sad and hates themselfes while the overt just has a blast of a time of a life

Old 11-16-2021, 11:58 PM   #25
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I feel this with my soul. When I was addicted to opiates, I also did very sociopathic things. My coping skills and patience were nonexistent, and I had no interest in having any interests. I feel like the deep core of my personality was still somewhat intact (I've always been quiet, peaceful, and insecure, even on all the drugs) but I essentially had no real personality besides sticking a needle in my arm and finding money to do it again. Even in the beginning of getting clean, I was still pretty much a shell. I was very likely to be hyper critical of myself and every minor issue, internal or external, seemed exaggerated . With everything you've been going through, Run2Me, it isn't fair or even advisable to try to evaluate yourself. You gotta let the dust settle, and not try to create new problems in your mind when you've just taken away all your (unhealthy) crutches. I think you've shown plenty of empathy, too.
Quote:
I sometimes feel narcissistic because I always relate posts to myself or give personal examples, but really I'm just trying to show that I can understand and apply what you're saying. So I want to let you know that you're not alone, and don't want to assume how you feel so I just say how I feel about the topic.
Thanks, this feels good. Thanks for caring. You are good

Old 11-16-2021, 11:59 PM   #26
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Smart is a nice recovery program btw. Having a lot of success in changing some “maladaptive behaviors” beyond just the substances/numbing. There’s some violently stupid and hilariously extreme cognitive distortions up in my dumb noggin

Old 11-17-2021, 12:22 AM   #27
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Look how cured i am. Ok can i have the beer now

See im just like the normal ones. Matter of fact my thinkings even better and smarter and more good than they even do

So ok let’s me show u how now we can drink those two beers just those two tall
Boys just those two 8% or more ones

Oh ok 3 if it’s been a hard day. Because look how many mtgs look how i raise my hand in each one. Got so much to share and these addicts gosh they nod. So go thru that liquor section, smell the smell, look at the can art multifarious

GOOD GOD LOOK ME I AM CURED EVERYBODY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Netphoria is one of the most embarrassing sites I've ever visited. A bunch of 35 to 45-year-old trolls trying to out-extreme each other with the cliche shock humor of internet boards.None of those people represent their actual personalities there. It's just unfunny creeps in real life who get off on pretending to be aggressive, detached, and above-it-all in an anonymous setting."

u/halfmast

Old 11-17-2021, 01:06 AM   #28
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Yeah, I was a real piece of shit when I was using. It's amazing what substances can do to your personality in the right circumstances. Living in desperation every day is terrible.

Old 11-17-2021, 01:06 AM   #29
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Smart is a nice recovery program btw. Having a lot of success in changing some “maladaptive behaviors” beyond just the substances/numbing. There’s some violently stupid and hilariously extreme cognitive distortions up in my dumb noggin
Yeah, Smart is way better than 12 steps for sure. Fuck that shit

Old 11-17-2021, 01:09 AM   #30
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I think this is totally normal, it's just when you're online all you have are words so there's none of the back and forth gestures and things that make it clear you're relating and not just talking about yourself because you aren't interested in the other person. But I do feel this way a lot too, like I'm just talking about myself when I'm trying to be supportive.