Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2014, 06:05 PM   #121
Order 66
Socialphobic

two four six eight breegul likes to masturbate seven eight nine ten he whacks it always thinking of men

Old 02-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #122
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

one time i stole stephen malkmus's danish but i didn't feel bad

Old 02-24-2014, 06:26 PM   #123
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
RBG sounds like a cheerleader

COME ON EVERYBODY GET UP ON YOUR FEET
HEY GUYS LETS MAKE SURE NEUTERED MALK MOTEL KNOWS THAT WE THINK THEY'RE SPIFFY!!

Old 02-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #124
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

you guys sound like you are no fun

Old 02-24-2014, 08:13 PM   #125
Order 66
Socialphobic

i'm ready to get down anytime with anybody... only two conditions 1) NO FEMS 2) NO FATS

Old 02-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #126
redbreegull

like if I go see Mark Kozelek, that is obviously a kind of introverted, reflective experience and everyone wants to stand as quiet as they can and lean in as close they can to absorb it all as completely as possible. but seeing a band where they guys move around on stage, and there's crazy guitar solos and insane drums, I completely do not understand how it can be fun to just stand there with your hands in your pockets with a sour look on your face. Moving to the music, getting lost in it transforms the experience, and especially if others are really into it also, the crowd becomes part of the show. The audience and the artist feed off each others' energy. Can you imagine Pearl Jam in 1992 going crazy on stage and Eddie Vedder climbing walls while the audience stands perfectly still and checks their twitters in between songs? It's a very basic, primal thing. You dance around your brain releases endorphins and everything feels more awesome. I really want to blame it on this generation for being a bunch of jaded hipster dicks who think they are too cool for everything, but I think it might really just be having seen so many shows with bad audiences in this city

Old 02-24-2014, 09:07 PM   #127
bignothing
Demi-God

Don't know if people are actually disagreeing with you, but the way you're wording it, particularly with "dance" is making me think of this

http://i53.tinypic.com/r8z3u1.gif

I am generally opposed to non-GA shows and most of the times if it's seated I will opt against going even if it's a band I really like (exception for NMH). I once saw my fav band play a seated venue and everyone stood up and they ended their set by thanking people for standing up and making it feel like "a real rock show". It's obvious that bands appreciate when you show some kind of positive organic reaction to them other than clapping. Sometimes I see people on the front row with their arms crossed and both hate and love them cause it's hilarious but also wtf.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:19 PM   #128
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignothing View Post
Don't know if people are actually disagreeing with you, but the way you're wording it, particularly with "dance" is making me think of this

http://i53.tinypic.com/r8z3u1.gif

It's obvious that bands appreciate when you show some kind of positive organic reaction to them other than clapping. Sometimes I see people on the front row with their arms crossed and both hate and love them cause it's hilarious but also wtf.
lol I have never gotten on anyone's shoulders, or crowd surfed, or slam danced. Like I said, I don't get drunk and flail like a maniac. By dance I just mean move. Sway your body, shake your head, jump up and down when the band plays a fan favorite. It feels natural. It seems obvious to me also that not standing with your arms crossed is more enjoyable and the artists would appreciate a crowd that actually looks like it is having fun, but I guess that's just like my opinion man

Old 02-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #129
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
like if I go see Mark Kozelek, that is obviously a kind of introverted, reflective experience and everyone wants to stand as quiet as they can and lean in as close they can to absorb it all as completely as possible. but seeing a band where they guys move around on stage, and there's crazy guitar solos and insane drums, I completely do not understand how it can be fun to just stand there with your hands in your pockets with a sour look on your face. Moving to the music, getting lost in it transforms the experience, and especially if others are really into it also, the crowd becomes part of the show. The audience and the artist feed off each others' energy. Can you imagine Pearl Jam in 1992 going crazy on stage and Eddie Vedder climbing walls while the audience stands perfectly still and checks their twitters in between songs? It's a very basic, primal thing. You dance around your brain releases endorphins and everything feels more awesome. I really want to blame it on this generation for being a bunch of jaded hipster dicks who think they are too cool for everything, but I think it might really just be having seen so many shows with bad audiences in this city
JESUS just shut up already. everything you are saying is entirely subjective. for someone who purports to be on the cutting edge of open-mindedness you sure are being a doofus

Old 02-24-2014, 09:27 PM   #130
redbreegull

Stuff White People Like – #67. Standing Still at Concerts

Quote:
So when white people go to concerts at smaller venues, what to do they do? They stand still! This is an important part of white concert going as it enables you to focus on the music, and it will prevent drawing excess attention to you. Remember, at a concert everyone is watching you just waiting for you to try to start dancing. Then they will make fun of you.

The result is Belle and Sebastian concerts that essentially looks more like a disorganized line of people than a music event.

Things I Don't Want to See Anymore

Quote:
4. Terrible Concert Footage – Stop with recording live performances! Your shitty phone can barely record you singing shitty in your shitty car! Here’s an idea: Just enjoy the song! Maybe even dance! Doesn’t anyone dance at concerts anymore! Unless you are in the front row, all you are getting footage of is everyone recording in front of you! And then you post it on Youtube, which is now full of your shitty concert footage and shitty computer baby videos! I get it! “Oh man, this is happening! And I’m here!” Yeah but you aren’t even in the video, unless you’re the jackass that turns to himself only to give the dorkiest wide ass smile for half a second. You aren’t even centered in your own video. All you end up recording is everyone behind you recording what the hell is in front of you!

The Guardian – Why Don't People Dance at Shows Anymore?

Old 02-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #131
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxzombie View Post
everything you are saying is entirely subjective.
wow this guy is the fucking revelator

Old 02-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #132
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
wow this guy is the fucking revelator

Old 02-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #133
redbreegull

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014...3236144-11.gif

http://i.imgur.com/uAiVR8S.jpg

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014...93237740-1.gif

Old 02-24-2014, 09:46 PM   #134
redbreegull

Governor Sandwiches sleeps through the Boss

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...92_468x374.jpg

Old 02-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #135
Order 66
Socialphobic

can you really blame him

Old 02-24-2014, 09:52 PM   #136
redbreegull

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014...93241710-1.gif

Old 02-24-2014, 09:59 PM   #137
redbreegull

that was when he woke up for the encore of blinded by the light

Old 02-24-2014, 11:57 PM   #138
slunken
Virgo

Talking

Haha who is Governor Sandwiches?

Old 02-24-2014, 11:57 PM   #139
slunken
Virgo

Is he a relative of Mayor McCheese?

Old 02-25-2014, 12:32 AM   #140
D.
Consume my pants.

I kind of sway, nod my head, sometimes even raise my hand at a particularly good part of a song. I'm mostly self-conscious at shows, though. Don't drink because I always have to drive home after, too.

Although, NMH encourages singing along and that was REALLY fun to belt out their songs at the top of my lungs. But everyone was doing that, so...

I was in the nosebleeds for Springsteen and squished between two people; that shit suuuucked. 99.9% of the shows I go to are GA and I like that much better.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #141
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

When I started going to shows, everyone jumped around like maniacs and danced. Trying to emulate them always felt forced to me, and I couldn't pay as much attention to the music as I'd like to - so I didn't. I'd just stand there and hear people complaining that I was "no fun".

Fast-forward 15 years, and you get people like rbg all up in arms that they aren't cool anymore. It's kind of funny. I mean, go ahead and dance if you want to. No one's stopping you.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:38 PM   #142
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
Haha who is Governor Sandwiches?
NJ Gov Chris Christie and yes he's Mayor McCheese's brother.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #143
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post

Although, NMH encourages singing along and that was REALLY fun to belt out their songs at the top of my lungs. But everyone was doing that, so...
i just love it when concert halls sing about anne frank and semen

Old 02-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #144
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
What a way to bring people together.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:52 PM   #145
Trotskilicious
Banned

sorry guys i have a job

Old 02-25-2014, 11:56 PM   #146
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
sig worthy

Old 02-25-2014, 11:57 PM   #147
D.
Consume my pants.

also that reminds me that for some fucking reason he/they haven't ever played communist daughter since they reformed i mean what the fuck i love that song

i mean, i guess i really like it not love but the fact they don't play it is aggravating. theyt srsly play every song on aeroplane EXCEPT communist daughter.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:11 AM   #148
Trotskilicious
Banned

oh come one really

Old 02-26-2014, 12:30 AM   #149
slunken
Virgo

i pirated deafheaven today

sunbather in flac for the car

Old 02-26-2014, 12:32 AM   #150
bignothing
Demi-God

NMH Appreciation thread now