Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2017, 07:15 PM   #61
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Office politics are terrible, you'll get no argument out of me. But as you said earlier (was it even in this thread?), making pizza is great except for the benefits. Well, at some point in your life, you just fucking need the benefits.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:15 PM   #62
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
It's the difference between working in the back of a kitchen and working in a bank where everyone has to wear ties n shit to work. You have to maintain some tact. You can't just give people shit over every little thing. You know this, you're smarter than that.
office people are completely unable to communicate with each other. Offices are frequently some of the most dysfunctional, creepy and infantile spaces I've ever had the misfortune of being employed in. There's reams of information about how completely fucked up the social elements of offices are, and you're over here defending them by telling me about your suit & tie and how i'm just some monkey in the service entrance.

but i like it when you spit on the lackeys below you, its gonna be funny when you're automated out of a job

Old 03-21-2017, 07:16 PM   #63
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Well, at some point in your life, you just fucking need the benefits.
you are scum, verified.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:16 PM   #64
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

In my job, you can get pulled aside and spoken to if you say something negative about a co-worker, whether joking or not. It's not even that your boss wants to, they have to.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:16 PM   #65
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
You can be dicks and get away with it in that environment.
i'm not talking about being a dick i'm talking about not being a passive aggressive office drone that laughs about people behind their back, jesus christ.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:17 PM   #66
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
and you're over here defending them by telling me about your suit & tie and how i'm just some monkey in the service entrance.
Now you're just stuffing words in my mouth and projecting. I am now exiting your toxic state of mind. Have a fun evening, friend.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:17 PM   #67
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
In my job, you can get pulled aside and spoken to if you say something negative about a co-worker, whether joking or not. It's not even that your boss wants to, they have to.
i know. its bad.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:19 PM   #68
Trotskilicious
Banned

like when you made that fucking crack about benefits? you know why it pisses me off? I should get health care as a goddamn right, not have to push myself into some kind of godawful passive aggressive hellhole under flourescent lights where people laugh about me behind my back and send emails about how terrible i am because thats how you get a promotion, by submarining people and playing office nazi. but they always smile and nod and be friendly and encourage you and compliment you in person like some kind of post-human.

I should get paid vacation and paid sick time as a part of my fundamental rights as a laborer, not because I'm working for a nightmarish multinational doing god knows what in a beige cubicle.

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 03-21-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:20 PM   #69
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Film production offices, on the other hand, are full of people yelling how much they despise each other.

Fun environment to work in!

Old 03-21-2017, 07:21 PM   #70
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

my cat just went for a horribly smelling shit and now decided to sleep on my lap. what otherwise could have been a very tender and loving (almost erotic) scene, has now degraded to something along the lines of 'this is embarrassing but it's even worse to throw you off'

or is it?

Old 03-21-2017, 07:23 PM   #71
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Film production offices, on the other hand, are full of people yelling how much they despise each other.

Fun environment to work in!
yeah i can vaguely imagine an atmosphere like that in film industry. do you think brazilians are hot tempered? that might not help either.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:24 PM   #72
Trotskilicious
Banned

i bet you've had the cat in your lap after you went for a nasty shit

Old 03-21-2017, 07:28 PM   #73
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

what? i usually sit on top of the cat when i have diarrea. it's the natural process of giving and receiving.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:29 PM   #74
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
yeah i can vaguely imagine an atmosphere like that in film industry. do you think brazilians are hot tempered? that might not help either.
Oh yes. At least where I live.
Especially in positions of power, there are precious few directors and executive producers who aren't dicks to everyone around them on sets.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:37 PM   #75
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Sorry to hear that.

My boss, the woman in position of power over me so to speak, is very kind and lovely too.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:27 PM   #76
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
BTW you're draining all the life out of this very interesting topic please stop
He's kinda got a point.

You could have said something in an unoffensive way like: "yeesh, Collective Soul? haven't heard any music from them in about 20 years"

Old 03-22-2017, 08:02 AM   #77
LaBelle
Socialphobic

That anecdote is really a scathing view in the corporate world of office work.

Good job mr. Globes.
I'll need another story by next week.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:04 PM   #78
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
like when you made that fucking crack about benefits? you know why it pisses me off? I should get health care as a goddamn right, not have to push myself into some kind of godawful passive aggressive hellhole under flourescent lights where people laugh about me behind my back and send emails about how terrible i am because thats how you get a promotion, by submarining people and playing office nazi. but they always smile and nod and be friendly and encourage you and compliment you in person like some kind of post-human.

I should get paid vacation and paid sick time as a part of my fundamental rights as a laborer, not because I'm working for a nightmarish multinational doing god knows what in a beige cubicle.
I honestly don't know why you're arguing this with me; I actually agree 100% with this. But I guess you would have to give me room to explain my point of view in order for you to realize this.

I've been on both sides. Did restaurants for 12 years. Got sick of it, wanted better benefits, better pay and a better schedule, so I sold my soul. I wasn't intending to demean you for your job; my point was, I (and most other people) take the office jobs because after a certain point, being on your feet all day, coming home smelling like ass and working nights and weekends gets really fucking old. Plus, restaurants and retail are full of their own brand of interpersonal problems and drama. People are people, nawmean?

And for what it's worth, I don't spend my time backbiting my co-workers. I'm sure that happens in other office spaces, but it's not an experience I've really dealt with. Unless everyone is just talking shit about me behind my back, and if so, fair play.

Anywho, I don't know why an off-the-cuff moment from 4 and a half years ago regarding a shitty '90s butt-rock act spun out of control so quickly. I'm sure you've said and done shitty things in the past 4 and a half years as well.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:08 PM   #79
fuzzyroes
Banned

Let's just be honest for a second okay guys

Old 03-22-2017, 06:08 PM   #80
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
He's kinda got a point.

You could have said something in an unoffensive way like: "yeesh, Collective Soul? haven't heard any music from them in about 20 years"
Or I coulda said "Collective Soul? What's wrong with you? Do you have Down's syndrome?!"

Old 03-22-2017, 06:10 PM   #81
fuzzyroes
Banned

This song, this song right here, this song kicks ass

Old 03-22-2017, 06:10 PM   #82
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

BTW I think my tone isn't coming across properly. I don't actually think this Collective Soul thread is an interesting topic, nor did I intend to take a "crack" at Troots with the benefits comment. The former was sarcasm, the latter was meant matter of factly.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:11 PM   #83
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Or I coulda said "Collective Soul? What's wrong with you? Do you have Down's syndrome?!"
Better than an awkward silence while exchanging belittling looks and then mocking the guy behind his back.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:13 PM   #84
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Collective Soul got that one where the riff go dur-nur-nur-dur-nur-nur-dur-nur-nur-dur-nur-dur then the guy go "yep" etc? Haven't let your light shine down etc?

Didnt big bill get all pist they were rippin off the pumpkins with that song or something? Tryna member

Old 03-22-2017, 06:14 PM   #85
Trotskilicious
Banned

fuzzy stop necroing arguments i had yesterday jesus christ

Old 03-22-2017, 06:18 PM   #86
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
This song, this song right here, this song kicks ass

Alright... Sadly that hasn't aged nearly as well as I imagined it did in my head.

I used to have the Jerky Boys soundtrack on cassette tape. Of course only bought it because of Green Days 2000 light years away. Didn't realize at the time that Green Day even had other albums aside from Dookie.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:20 PM   #87
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Collective Soul got that one where the riff go dur-nur-nur-dur-nur-nur-dur-nur-nur-dur-nur-dur then the guy go "yep" etc? Haven't let your light shine down etc?

Didnt big bill get all pist they were rippin off the pumpkins with that song or something? Tryna member
Yeah Billy thought "Shine" was an SP rip-off for some reason and then lost his shit and started insulting the band and then Collective Soul wrote an angry rebuttal to Billy on their next album called "Smashing Young Man"

Old 03-22-2017, 06:24 PM   #88
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Alright... Sadly that hasn't aged nearly as well as I imagined it did in my head.

I used to have the Jerky Boys soundtrack on cassette tape. Of course only bought it because of Green Days 2000 light years away. Didn't realize at the time that Green Day even had other albums aside from Dookie.
Wait, didn't you say in that Green Day boombox thread that you had the first two Green Day albums on tape before they got big?

Old 03-22-2017, 06:24 PM   #89
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Alternative fact!

Old 03-22-2017, 06:25 PM   #90
fuzzyroes
Banned

ahh remember those days guys? Just buying a soundtrack strictly because of some unreleased song by a band you liked? Kinda miss those days.