Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 09:52 AM   #1
fuzzyroes
Banned

Default Any chance for a MCIS 25 aniversary tour in 2020?

A lot of bands at least do a string of shows playing their landmark albums front to back when they turn 25. Any chance the Pumpkins do it now that they've got the old band back together? Would be super lucrative and would be a new angle to take now that they've already played the reunion tour card. I realize Billy has criticized this type of thing in the past, but he's gone back and done every other thing he said he'd never do in his career (hit songs in commercials, oldies reunion tour ETC) so I see this as a major possibility.

Would definitely be a spectacle and one of the few things that'd get the crust old fans up and excited for

Old 12-30-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Your dad eating his own produce would be a spectacle that would get me up and excited.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:39 PM   #3
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

sounds about as likely as a born-again Christian having non-procreative sex for the sheer enjoyment of it. so, maybe!

Old 12-30-2019, 07:43 PM   #4
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

I mean when you really get down and think about it philosophically, it is pretty perverted and disturbing to literally make yourself orgasm with your own hand

Old 12-30-2019, 08:13 PM   #5
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Unpopular opinion: yes

Old 12-30-2019, 09:10 PM   #6
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

MCIS was the best musical orgasm of the Pumpkins. I totally agree: this tour is necessary!

At the 30th anniversary. When Corgan has given up releasing unshiny, not so bright new records...

Old 12-30-2019, 09:53 PM   #7
Ram27
dumb

This could be breathtaking and beautiful done right

so no

Old 12-30-2019, 10:07 PM   #8
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Breathtaking and beautiful done right

Breathtaking and beautifully bright

Breathtaking and oh so bright

Shiny

and

oh

sobright

Old 12-30-2019, 10:09 PM   #9
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

(vol 2: my ass, your place, no lotion)

Old 12-31-2019, 02:19 AM   #10
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Old 12-31-2019, 11:38 AM   #11
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Who wouldn't wanna hear billy corgan wailing and gasping through all those great songs.

Old 01-21-2020, 05:35 PM   #12
meatngreet
Pledge

They should just release the already-mixed-and-ready-to-go San Francisco February 7th, 1996 show from the MCIS club tour. Zero was already featured in the "Live Inside the Dark Globe" compilation in the Aeroplane Flies High reissue.

The audience source is already excellent, but the real highlight is that this is probably the only MCIS club tour show where Corgan nails every single song, vocally. All of those shows on that tour are great, but this is the one that actually delivers from start to finish as an all-in-one set. Even "Farewell and Goodnight" is sung in key:

https://archive.org/details/tsp1996-02-07.hagar.flac16

The show is better than the Double Door gigs (which are really only for the die-hards, what with the obscure/unfinished songs and the sound isn't as good), better than the Wembley/Brixton gigs (band is tired, the pajama show isn't the same enthusiasm, and btw someone just died a few days before in Dublin), and better than the European and US tours. The only other contender from that era would be Sydney May 20, 1996. That show may be the peak of the entire MCIS electric tour, performance wise. For the pajama tour, hard to beat the San Francisco date.

Just put it out and make a quick million already.

Either that, or the Pumpkins should just start partnering with nugs.net and start releasing these shows professionally as downloads. Jack White just started putting old White Stripes shows up. If he can do it, Corgan can too.

Old 01-21-2020, 05:38 PM   #13
meatngreet
Pledge

*double post*

Last edited by meatngreet : 01-21-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:12 PM   #14
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
They should just release the already-mixed-and-ready-to-go San Francisco February 7th, 1996 show from the MCIS club tour. Zero was already featured in the "Live Inside the Dark Globe" compilation in the Aeroplane Flies High reissue.

The audience source is already excellent, but the real highlight is that this is probably the only MCIS club tour show where Corgan nails every single song, vocally. All of those shows on that tour are great, but this is the one that actually delivers from start to finish as an all-in-one set. Even "Farewell and Goodnight" is sung in key:

The show is better than the Double Door gigs (which are really only for the die-hards, what with the obscure/unfinished songs and the sound isn't as good), better than the Wembley/Brixton gigs (band is tired, the pajama show isn't the same enthusiasm, and btw someone just died a few days before in Dublin), and better than the European and US tours. The only other contender from that era would be Sydney May 20, 1996. That show may be the peak of the entire MCIS electric tour, performance wise. For the pajama tour, hard to beat the San Francisco date.

Just put it out and make a quick million already. In fact, why not release both the San Francisco and Sydney gigs.

Either that, or the Pumpkins should just start partnering with nugs.net and start releasing these shows professionally as downloads. Jack White just started putting old White Stripes and Raconteurs shows up. If he can do it, Corgan can too.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:17 PM   #15
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.

Just put it out and make a quick million already. In fact, why not release both the San Francisco and Sydney gigs.

Either that, or the Pumpkins should just start partnering with nugs.net and start releasing these shows professionally as downloads. Jack White just started putting old White Stripes and Raconteurs shows up. If he can do it, Corgan can too.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:22 PM   #16
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Unhappy

Sorry. I'm sorry

I'm going to check out that show you linked to soon

Old 01-21-2020, 11:28 PM   #17
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Yes. I definitely think there’s going to be a big tour that there has been zero talk of and no rumors about.

Why wouldn’t there a big tour that there has been zero talk of and no rumors about?

Oh yeah. BECAUSE THERE HAS BEEN ZERO OF IT AND NO RUMORS ABOUT IT. Idiot.

Old 01-22-2020, 09:03 AM   #18
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah, because there's never been a tour announced without there being "talk and rumors" regarding it beforehand.

Do you even think about what you're saying before clicking that "submit reply" button?

Old 01-22-2020, 09:06 AM   #19
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

yes, good point, also 3rd try: what are my other cringe troll accounts?

Old 01-22-2020, 09:14 AM   #20
fuzzyroes
Banned

Can't remember but they seem dripping with your type of humor, and since there's so few active posters, I can only deduct that you're responsible for the new profanity spewing sock account

Old 01-22-2020, 09:16 AM   #21
fuzzyroes
Banned

I forgot that I even said anything, but since you're still talking about this over a week later, I can safely assume that I hit the nail on the head with that call

Old 01-22-2020, 12:05 PM   #22
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Yeah, because there's never been a tour announced without there being "talk and rumors" regarding it beforehand.

Do you even think about what you're saying before clicking that "submit reply" button?
Yeah. I’m saying if there’s zero evidence of something happening there’s zero evidence that it’s likely to happen.

Do you disagree?

Old 01-22-2020, 12:09 PM   #23
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Also what major tours has SP ever just announced out of nowhere less than a few months before they started?

And why would they tour on MCIS when they are finishing up a new album and will be promoting that?

Logic, fuzzy.

Old 01-22-2020, 12:19 PM   #24
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah they're gonna do it. They'll play the full album live, excluding whatever song you REALLY, REALLY want to hear live from MCIS and also they wont play Take Me Down because

"
James, how come you didn't play Take Me Down?

James: ..

Billy: It's something I wrestled with. James really wanted to do Take Me Down. We all did. I know a lot of fans wanted to hear it too. But, you know, I'm probably one of the most emotionally aware, most empathic people of all time and I knew in my heart that I had to spare James the embarrassment of playing it. No ones walking to the bar or restroom when we start playing Rat In A Cage but they probably would for James' song because.. you know.. it's a beautiful song but you'd have to be some kind of idiot to hold it in for something James wrote and then go piss when I'm playing Bodies. James gets it. We're all agreed on this. I've spoke at length about how embarrassing it would be for him to have to play that song and he gets it. It's right in the middle of the album. Perfect time to go for a piss which is why we opted for a 5 minute break rather than play Take Me Out.

"

Old 01-22-2020, 02:08 PM   #25
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

fuzzy, your repulsive Twitter feed makes me want to vomit down Shallowed's pants.

Old 01-22-2020, 02:08 PM   #26
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Oh yes, no tour.

Old 01-22-2020, 02:09 PM   #27
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Exclamation

Quote:
A lot of bands at least do a string of shows playing their landmark albums front to back when they turn 25. Any chance the Pumpkins do it now that they've got the old band back together? Would be super lucrative and would be a new angle to take now that they've already played the reunion tour card. I realize Billy has criticized this type of thing in the past, but he's gone back and done every other thing he said he'd never do in his career (hit songs in commercials, oldies reunion tour ETC) so I see this as a major possibility.

Would definitely be a spectacle and one of the few things that'd get the crust old fans up and excited for
fuzzy, your repulsive Twitter feed makes me want to vomit down Shallowed's pants.

Old 01-22-2020, 02:09 PM   #28
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Exclamation

Quote:

Oh yes, no tour.

Old 01-22-2020, 02:10 PM   #29
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Can't remember but they seem dripping with your type of humor, and since there's so few active posters, I can only deduct that you're responsible for the new profanity spewing sock account
Fuzzy Roes ✝ (@fuzzyroes) Tweeted:
@PrisonPlanet Yeah, cause it's not like the Deep State has been talking about bombing and overthrowing Iran since about 2000 now...

You know this Watson, you used to cover this on The Alex Jones show...

Your new alt-light persona needs to go! https://twitter.com/fuzzyroes/status...315446274?s=20

Old 01-22-2020, 02:15 PM   #30
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Better watch out i heard he’s got like 40 followers he can mobilize to make your e-life a living e-hell

Closed Thread