Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 02-05-2018, 01:38 AM   #271
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
yeah those testing people are pretty smart like that. IQ is very limited anyway. yeah you can roughly see some things based on overall IQ but the individual scales are way more telling and they are still limited because of cultural differences, language translations, and all sorts of other things
that's exactly what Peterson said in that one video. I'll see if I can find it.

Okay, found it:

Old 02-05-2018, 01:42 AM   #272
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
yeah those testing people are pretty smart like that. IQ is very limited anyway. yeah you can roughly see some things based on overall IQ but the individual scales are way more telling and they are still limited because of cultural differences, language translations, and all sorts of other things. and of course a high IQ doesn't mean success. once you get to 140+ people start being sorta weird because of how smart they are. way more Einstein-level people didn't become Einstein, after all.
I got a 136 on the Stanford-Binet, if I recall correctly.
I took a test at IIT a while back, on a seminar about biotech.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:48 AM   #273
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
You guys are too quick to throw around the racism accusations... It's damaging and desensitizes people from the seriousness of people who are legitimately racist.

I was criticizing you for whitesplaining when I said go talk to some brothers... I suppose I could have just said "black guys" but I don't really see how that makes me a racist.

The definition of racism is "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

That definitely isn't me and never will be.
You ARE a fucking racist. Everyone here is telling you that your behavior is racist and you are sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming. You are a fucking weak egoistical baby and that is why you never grow or learn.

Also fucking look up whitesplaining before you misuse it a third time you trumptard

Quote:
I know I can destroy RBG in a song battle... That's unquestionable... He's not a very good guitarist or singer... And perhaps once I'm done mine he can offer a rebuttal in a swift time period.
you'll have run out of insults by the time you write your song. haven't you learned the lesson of billy corgan? don't overpromise and underdeliver you cuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
yea it was or IS rap battle, I think I broke rbg's initial rule since i got excited. (and couldn't rap for shit myself)

rbg can you live with that?

your track had 420 words, lyrics of about 400 - delivered in whatever vocals?
fine with me. also 420

Quote:
Hey brother, I watched that South Park episode you were telling me about, the one with Caitlyn Jenner Good god, that was fucking funny! I was pleasantly surprised to see South Park take a position like that. Definitely an episode maybe a few of our acquaintances here should check out hey? :P

I checked out a few newer episodes after though and didn't enjoy em as much. The Mr Garrison/Donald Trump thing isn't all that funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
South Park has always made fun of people of various political orientations. It was never some kind of leftist manifesto, I have no idea where that idea even comes from.

But my point will be completely proven when fuzzy watches the PC principal season and thinks that it's 100% serious and sticking up for oppressed white idiots like him

one of the things I always liked about South Park is that it refuses obstinately to get cornered into revealing some kind of underlying moral or ideological message. Usually at the end of each episode when they are having their "the lesson of this story" scene, my thoughts are like... "wait, what? What the fuck am I supposed to be taking away here?"
well I'll be damned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
Peterson is a very intelligent man, though. His IQ is around 150. Of course, now that he's older, it probably went down a little like he said himself. Peterson is great.

Shapiro is good, but I don't necessarily agree with everything he says.
Jordan Peterson is intellectually retarded

Old 02-05-2018, 01:52 AM   #274
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Talking

PC principal

Old 02-05-2018, 01:53 AM   #275
fuzzyroes
Banned

To be fair I thought the Tom Brady arc was hilarious too.

All ribbing aside, I'm really not racist... And I hate that there's this reputation going around that I am. It's just not me... I don't know how I've gotten molded into that in the minds of the users but it's not true.

If you guys spoke to some of my friends they'd be in disbelief that you guys think this way.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:56 AM   #276
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Really? You should check out some of his lectures, he's actually a pretty nice guy who's intelligent, from what I've seen.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:57 AM   #277
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
I got a 136 on the Stanford-Binet, if I recall correctly.
I took a test at IIT a while back, on a seminar about biotech.
if no one administered the test to you it wasn't a real IQ test

Old 02-05-2018, 01:58 AM   #278
MarquisInSpades
Banned

someone did, even I wouldn't consider it a real IQ test otherwise.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:59 AM   #279
MarquisInSpades
Banned

someone from Mensa, IIRC.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:00 AM   #280
fuzzyroes
Banned

Damn dude! That's one helluva score. I'm impressed.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:00 AM   #281
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
If you guys spoke to some of my friends they'd be in disbelief that you guys think this way.
I think most people probably assume that your friends are similarly awful people.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:01 AM   #282
Shallowed
Braindead

I've never heard anyone who wasn't a right-wing reactionary fuckwit make a big deal about IQ scores.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:01 AM   #283
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
I think most people probably assume that your friends similarly awful people.
get a load of Monte over here

Old 02-05-2018, 02:01 AM   #284
buzzard
Minion of Satan

...and also that they arrange most of their hangouts without informing you.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:02 AM   #285
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I think most people probably assume that your friends are similarly awful people.
oh and he does the ninja edit. Have you no shame, son?

Old 02-05-2018, 02:03 AM   #286
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
I've never heard anyone who wasn't a right-wing reactionary fuckwit make a big deal about IQ scores.
yep

largely useless except to determine intellectual disability vs learning disability, and to assess brain injury (impact of and resolution of). imo

Old 02-05-2018, 02:06 AM   #287
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
oh and he does the ninja edit. Have you no shame, son?
I have this built-in browser utility that occasionally messes my posts up. You know the one?

It also changes "endearing" to "enduring," "tongue" to "tounge," and "empathize" to "emphasize."

Old 02-05-2018, 02:06 AM   #288
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

also mensa is some circlejerk bullshit

Old 02-05-2018, 02:08 AM   #289
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Damn dude! That's one helluva score. I'm impressed.

I was very surprised, actually. People in my family have always thought I've some kind of cognitive disability, since I'm not like my parents or anyone else. People in my family are very proud and confident, unlike me. I'm a shy person who keeps fidgeting all the time, never makes eye contact, doesn't walk properly and such. I overheard a conversation this one time where my uncle called me "special" and being around me is "like walking on eggshells". lol.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:09 AM   #290
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
also mensa is some circlejerk bullshit
I agree. I've been to the New Delhi HQ, I didn't like anyone there.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:11 AM   #291
Elphenor
Braindead

Jordan Peterson is a fake intellectual if I've ever seen one

total wank

Old 02-05-2018, 02:11 AM   #292
MarquisInSpades
Banned

okay, but why?

Old 02-05-2018, 02:12 AM   #293
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:

I was very surprised, actually. People in my family have always thought I've some kind of cognitive disability, since I'm not like my parents or anyone else. People in my family are very proud and confident, unlike me. I'm a shy person who keeps fidgeting all the time, never makes eye contact, doesn't walk properly and such. I overheard a conversation this one time where my uncle called me "special" and being around me is "like walking on eggshells". lol.
Damn... That's tough dude... Don't take it personally. I heard in the culture in India that parents can be particularly strict and have high expectations of their children. No idea if it's true, but it could be a reason as to why they seem a bit harsh.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:14 AM   #294
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I have this built-in browser utility that occasionally messes my posts up. You know the one?

It also changes "endearing" to "enduring," "tongue" to "tounge," and "empathize" to "emphasize."
Damn, I didn't even realize I was doing the tongue thing.

D'oh!

Old 02-05-2018, 02:15 AM   #295
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Damn... That's tough dude... Don't take it personally. I heard in the culture in India that parents can be particularly strict and have high expectations of their children. No idea if it's true, but it could be a reason as to why they seem a bit harsh.
you heard that? LOL

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 02-05-2018 at 02:20 AM.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:15 AM   #296
buzzard
Minion of Satan

You're doing the tongue thing in pretty much all your responses to MarquisInSpades, too.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:18 AM   #297
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
okay, but why?
what he does is build arguments out of a bunch of unsupported premises that he asserts as stone cold facts, so many at once, that before you really think about the last one he's spinning an entire web of half baked ideas in an authoritative manner

Old 02-05-2018, 02:20 AM   #298
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
yeah man, it's the case with this part of Asia. Overpopulated, therefore it's very competitive and harsh.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:21 AM   #299
Elphenor
Braindead

makes me lol

this rambling hack

Old 02-05-2018, 02:25 AM   #300
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
what he does is build arguments out of a bunch of unsupported premises that he asserts as stone cold facts, so many at once, that before you really think about the last one he's spinning an entire web of half baked ideas in an authoritative manner
I'm gonna have to disagree there. I don't agree with everything he says, but I haven't really noticed any fallacies in his arguments. If you've a video link (or something else) to prove your point, I'll believe you.