Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #11401
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
A culinary nightmare.
My 8th grade history teacher used to call the school cafeteria "the haven of culinary atrocities." Never forgot it. Funny guy.

Our final was also writing down his poem about the Presidents verbatim, including grammar

Old 09-24-2017, 09:52 PM   #11402
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
went to a house party in DC with all these "cool" people

drank a whole bottle of wine

got this girl's number who was telling me her boyfriend is a bernie bro who is borderline abusive in how controlling he is. I said dump him and go out with me

then she went home and her friend targeted me, kissed the shit out of me and told me I was beautiful. we went to a bar and got kicked out at 3:15 AM

we ubered back to her place and she ditched me in the lobby of her building

I didn't even have my keys and my car was 35 minutes away, thanks Holly

fortunately my friend lives about a mile away and I woke her up to crash on her couch.

now I am home. what is this thing we call life
i'm curious as to what she said right before leaving you with your basically with your fly already open there in the lobby?

Old 09-24-2017, 11:10 PM   #11403
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i'm curious as to what she said right before leaving you with your basically with your fly already open there in the lobby?
it's a long story but the short version is she was all over me all night, took me miles and miles back to her apartment, we got to her hallway and she had second thoughts. Which is fine. She had the right to change her mind at any point. But she put me in a terrible situation by waiting until then because I was completely stranded with no keys and no car at 4:15 AM. If not for my best friend who picked me up and let me crash on her couch, I would have been sleeping on the street.

What she said was that she was worried about how her housemate would react if she brought a random guy in. I was like yeah I get it but I don't have ANYTHING like no way to get home at all right now... and she took me back downstairs and told me to chill in the reading room off the lobby while she went up and found out if it was ok if I came in. And she never came back lmao

Old 09-24-2017, 11:43 PM   #11404
FoolofaTook

That ending sounds like oh a dozen or so failed attempts of mine to buy drugs from stangers in big cities.

Me: Here's the money. Please come back
Stranger: OK bro I'll be back in 15 minutes.

Two hours later a dejected Fulltoke gives up and leaves.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:52 PM   #11405
ilikeplanets
Braindead

shame on you Took, you need to learn not to part with your money before freshman year ends!

and damn rbg that sucks so bad. you're so empathetic about it too. i'd be livid.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:03 AM   #11406
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
and damn rbg that sucks so bad. you're so empathetic about it too. i'd be livid.
I'm not mad that we didn't have sex. She totally had the right to change her mind at any point. It was so late and we had both had so much to drink I think it was pretty likely we would just have fallen asleep anyway. And it's bad form to have sex with someone who is really drunk, although I think we were at the point of sobering up.

The thing that upset me was just that she waited until the last possible moment to switch tack whereas she could have told me she wanted to go home hours before, like before my friend left us alone at the bar and before we took two ubers 12 miles back to her apartment building

Old 09-25-2017, 12:17 AM   #11407
FoolofaTook

Well in that case I will be mad for you.

I'm mad that rbg didn't have sex!!!

Old 09-25-2017, 12:29 AM   #11408
redbreegull

I did kiss her a lot though. She was a good kisser and it got to the point where there was a little biting going on. unf. need to stop thinking about this now

Old 09-25-2017, 01:47 AM   #11409
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
it's a long story but the short version is she was all over me all night, took me miles and miles back to her apartment, we got to her hallway and she had second thoughts. Which is fine. She had the right to change her mind at any point. But she put me in a terrible situation by waiting until then because I was completely stranded with no keys and no car at 4:15 AM. If not for my best friend who picked me up and let me crash on her couch, I would have been sleeping on the street.

What she said was that she was worried about how her housemate would react if she brought a random guy in. I was like yeah I get it but I don't have ANYTHING like no way to get home at all right now... and she took me back downstairs and told me to chill in the reading room off the lobby while she went up and found out if it was ok if I came in. And she never came back lmao
people have the right to do lots of things but that doesn't make it not a super shitty thing to do

lol who cares what their housemate thinks. unless you were gonna fuck in the living room or something

Old 09-25-2017, 01:50 AM   #11410
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
I'm not mad that we didn't have sex. She totally had the right to change her mind at any point. It was so late and we had both had so much to drink I think it was pretty likely we would just have fallen asleep anyway. And it's bad form to have sex with someone who is really drunk, although I think we were at the point of sobering up.

The thing that upset me was just that she waited until the last possible moment to switch tack whereas she could have told me she wanted to go home hours before, like before my friend left us alone at the bar and before we took two ubers 12 miles back to her apartment building

hmm...maybe she literally was just too drunk and forgot

at least i hope

Old 09-25-2017, 04:02 AM   #11411
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

nvm i think it came out wrong

Last edited by teh b0lly!!1 : 09-25-2017 at 07:33 AM.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:23 AM   #11412
LaBelle
Socialphobic

puppy happens

Old 09-25-2017, 10:45 AM   #11413
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:

yeah....from a female's perspective she knew the whole time whether she was going to have sex or not. So she should have let you go at a decent hour. But even if she is an enigma and didn't realize until last minute that she wanted out, the way she handled ditching you was shitty. That's why I said she knew the whole time. But anyway just move on. Sorry bro

Old 09-25-2017, 01:07 PM   #11414
Elphenor
Braindead

not her fault you lost your keys and wallet

Still unfortunate

Old 09-25-2017, 01:15 PM   #11415
cork_soaker
full of longing

i don't think the wallet was lost

Old 09-25-2017, 01:20 PM   #11416
cork_soaker
full of longing

just keys and dignity

Old 09-25-2017, 01:20 PM   #11417
cork_soaker
full of longing

and sleep

Old 09-25-2017, 01:51 PM   #11418
redbreegull

Nothing was lost. I had calculated at a 99% probability that I would be returning to my friend's place that night, and stupidly left my house key there in my backpack with my guitar and other shit. But even if I HAD my house key, it would have cost me like $40 to get back to his place from hers, it's not close at all.

Regardless it's oh well/whatever

Old 09-25-2017, 03:06 PM   #11419
Elphenor
Braindead

Oh I see

I had assumed you had no money or phone on you because you said you almost had to nap on the streets

I remember having to crash on the streets in San Diego with a friend once because we drunkenly missed the last trolley back and were broke

Old 09-25-2017, 03:32 PM   #11420
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Crashing outside sucks. I had to do it for a couple weeks while pregnant. How much lower can you get? B is still crashing outside :X

Old 09-25-2017, 03:32 PM   #11421
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I mean it can be survivable. Humans did it back in the day. But they weren't exactly the picture of health.

Old 09-25-2017, 04:50 PM   #11422
FoolofaTook

I crashed on the streets once.

It was a little longer than a couple of weeks.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:36 PM   #11423
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I crashed into the streets once while riding a bike.

It hurt.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:49 PM   #11424
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
That ending sounds like oh a dozen or so failed attempts of mine to buy drugs from stangers in big cities.

Me: Here's the money. Please come back
Stranger: OK bro I'll be back in 15 minutes.

Two hours later a dejected Fulltoke gives up and leaves.
Haha man, I've been there

Old 09-25-2017, 07:53 PM   #11425
ilikeplanets
Braindead

WHY WOULD YOU TRUST A DRUG DEALER?? come on guys

Old 09-25-2017, 07:59 PM   #11426
Ram27
dumb

subject: drinking too much

pls advise

Normally when i drink i have really pretty great self control - there’s a very clear point where drinking more will just make you feel bad now and in the morning

but i don’t usually drink with others cause i’m a stupid loser. anyway a few weeks ago me and my roommates got drunk and i actually blacked out and stuff. don’t remember much of that evening. one of my roommates told me today that a)i knocked a beer bottle off the balcony and it shattered and b) i started walking around in my boxers

like what the hell

anyway how do i deal with shame and stuff

she said it was totally cool and kinda funny but i feel shitty

Old 09-25-2017, 07:59 PM   #11427
fuzzyroes
Banned

Many moons ago though!

Or like getting a guy to boot for you when you're a teenager and then he just b-lines for the bar and doesn't come back.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:59 PM   #11428
Ram27
dumb

yeah don’t give them the money first like that lol

Old 09-25-2017, 08:02 PM   #11429
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post

pls advise

Normally when i drink i have really pretty great self control - there’s a very clear point where drinking more will just make you feel bad now and in the morning

but i don’t usually drink with others cause i’m a stupid loser. anyway a few weeks ago me and my roommates got drunk and i actually blacked out and stuff. don’t remember much of that evening. one of my roommates told me today that a)i knocked a beer bottle off the balcony and it shattered and b) i started walking around in my boxers

like what the hell

Not much you can do at this point. Maybe prevent drinking to the point of blacking out if this bothers you (it should).

Be glad you didn't harm anyone by knocking that bottle.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:02 PM   #11430
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post

pls advise

like what the hell

Don't feel shame man. That's not bad at all. But getting like that in the future could lead to problems. It's best that you nip it in the bud, and maybe just buy a set amount and leave it at that. Cause even if you buy a large quantity to save some money while you're assuming that you're gonna space it out over different occasions, there's more of a chance that you'll just keep on knocking em back once you're drunk.