Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2008, 01:44 AM   #1
muzzled4life
Demi-God

Default Just finished uploading 11/11/08 Show. Got about 95% of footage. Help cleaning audio?

Just got back from Night 1 of DAR Constitution Hall Show in D.C. Was able to sneak my camcorder in. Started recording just a couple minutes after show started. Otherwise got full show minus Set The Controls, Glass Theme, and HMM got cut off half way through.

What I would like advice on, is how to clean up the audio, and/or possibly sync it with the SBD recordings. Songs with heavy bass and a lot of distortion don't sound great. But songs like We Only Come Out At Night, Rose March, etc... sound wonderful. The video quality itself, I thought, turned out wonderful.

This recording is something I really would like to polish up and make it as best as it can be. I'm ready to share the full show on the Hub once it's 'fixed'.

In the meantime, I've uploaded the encore to the hub as a preview. My username is Sparky33.

Good show!

Old 11-12-2008, 02:00 AM   #2
glued_on_wings
Ownz

It was great meeting you I am listening to my recording now to. It turned out pretty nice except for a few static pops here and there due the equipment I used being old but overall it sounds great.

As far as editing it you need to find a decent video editing software I have used Pinnical Studio in the past it is OK. That is about all of the info I can give you...,

Jeremy

Old 11-12-2008, 04:23 AM   #3
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Well done sparky for video taping it. Cheers for recording glued_on_wings

Old 11-12-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
redbull
Immortal

if you sync it with the soundboard you won't be able to share it on the hub, just FYI

Old 11-12-2008, 02:16 PM   #5
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
if you sync it with the soundboard you won't be able to share it on the hub, just FYI
what if he just used SPBoi420's audSBD that sounds even better then the official boot?

Old 11-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #6
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

well thats dumb.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #7
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Wink

Quote:
No..just a "really good SBD sounding" audience source

Old 11-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #8
Bobbin TB
Apocalyptic Poster

awesome, but sneak it in? are they not allowing camcorders anymore? ive been out of the loop. and a sbd mix would be cool. maybe one version of each. or even two audio tracks.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:58 AM   #9
muzzled4life
Demi-God

Well, I've uploaded my 11/11 footage to the hub. I'll try and upgrade the audio in the future...

Just got back from 11/12 show, front row, with camcorder. Was able to get about 90% of songs. During first few minutes they weren't allowing taping, but eventually let camcorders be okay. I have a feeling the audio isn't going to be great, again, but the video, friggin amazing.

I REALLY, REALLY, wanted to capture Cupid, but I wasn't allowed to record so early in the show, just as well, couldn't get Ava Adore, perhaps the 2 best for the night. My recording started with 1979.

I truly hope someone gets good footage of Cupid before the tour is over.

Zooming in on Lisa, I realized just how friggin hot she really is. Ginger has her own attractiveness, but good god, something about Lisa.

I knew Billy wasn't going to be shaking hands, but I got a fist bump from him at the end of the last song as he was saying goodbye. He really didn't talk much this performance, no banter at all.

Last edited by muzzled4life : 11-13-2008 at 01:28 AM.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:59 AM   #10
muzzled4life
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by glued_on_wings View Post
It was great meeting you I am listening to my recording now to. It turned out pretty nice except for a few static pops here and there due the equipment I used being old but overall it sounds great.

As far as editing it you need to find a decent video editing software I have used Pinnical Studio in the past it is OK. That is about all of the info I can give you...,

Jeremy
Indeed, it's always good to meet a fellow fan. Looking forward to hearing your recording.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:06 AM   #11
glued_on_wings
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzled4life View Post
Well, I've uploaded my footage to the hub. I'll try and upgrade the audio in the future...

Just got back from 11/12 show, front row, with camcorder. Was able to get about 90% of songs. During first few minutes they weren't allowing taping, but eventually let camcorders be okay. I have a feeling the audio isn't going to be great, again, but the video, friggin amazing.
great glad to see you got the camcorder in again. I am so pissed I couldnt make tonights show. I am working on my audio for last nights show now. If all goes well it will be on archive tomorrow at the latest Friday. I cant wait to watch your footage. I will probally try to download it this weekend...

Jeremy

Old 11-13-2008, 07:06 AM   #12
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well, I've uploaded my 11/11 footage to the hub. I'll try and upgrade the audio in the future...

I REALLY, REALLY, wanted to capture Cupid, but I wasn't allowed to record so early in the show, just as well, couldn't get Ava Adore, perhaps the 2 best for the night. My recording started with 1979.

Zooming in on Lisa, I realized just how friggin hot she really is. Ginger has her own attractiveness, but good god, something about Lisa.

I knew Billy wasn't going to be shaking hands, but I got a fist bump from him at the end of the last song as he was saying goodbye. He really didn't talk much this performance, no banter at all.
I'd rather have a fist from Lisa...but awesome news

Old 11-13-2008, 07:38 AM   #13
Springbridge
Ownz

Quote:
Just got back from Night 1 of DAR Constitution Hall Show in D.C. Was able to sneak my camcorder in. Started recording just a couple minutes after show started. Otherwise got full show minus Set The Controls, Glass Theme, and HMM got cut off half way through.

What I would like advice on, is how to clean up the audio, and/or possibly sync it with the SBD recordings. Songs with heavy bass and a lot of distortion don't sound great. But songs like We Only Come Out At Night, Rose March, etc... sound wonderful. The video quality itself, I thought, turned out wonderful.

This recording is something I really would like to polish up and make it as best as it can be. I'm ready to share the full show on the Hub once it's 'fixed'.

In the meantime, I've uploaded the encore to the hub as a preview. My username is Sparky33.

Good show!

Do you own an HD camcorder?

Last edited by Springbridge : 11-13-2008 at 07:45 AM.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:05 AM   #14
muzzled4life
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbridge View Post
Do you own an HD camcorder?
No, it's not HD. It was a Canon FS100, shot in highest quality mode.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #15
The New
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaldz View Post
I'd rather have a fist from Lisa...but awesome news
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1699/ophoriaqh9.png

Old 11-13-2008, 08:53 AM   #16
sniffingchimp
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New View Post
I agree that Lisa's pretty hot, but in the "That's the Way" video she looks like Boy George with Down's Syndrome.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:16 AM   #17
The New
Apocalyptic Poster

Arrow

http://forums.netphoria.org/general-...-way-nsfw.html

Old 11-13-2008, 09:18 AM   #18
The New
Apocalyptic Poster

follow me?

Old 11-13-2008, 09:21 AM   #19
sniffingchimp
Ownz

Oh Good Lord.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #20
redbull
Immortal

Question

Quote:

i'm not able to find you on the hub, could you paste the text file into this thread?

Old 11-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #21
muzzled4life
Demi-God

*Sigh* I'm now remembering that Owata didn't get captured either, at least in my recording. Owata and Cupide were easily the 2 highlights of the show for me. Savor the memory I suppose.

I will upload We Only Come Out At Night and Everything Is Beaitful to sendspace soon.

(Redbull- what is your username on the hub?)

Old 11-13-2008, 06:27 PM   #22
muzzled4life
Demi-God

Here is Video clip for 11.11. Encore http://www.sendspace.com/file/xghasp

Old 11-13-2008, 06:50 PM   #23
redbull
Immortal

rhinowing--but i'm not on all the time and don't have the bandwidth to download the dvd. I just wanted to get the full info so I could put it on SPLRA...

Old 11-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #24
muzzled4life
Demi-God

Quote:
rhinowing--but i'm not on all the time and don't have the bandwidth to download the dvd. I just wanted to get the full info so I could put it on SPLRA...
I'll be back on the hub in about 10 minutes, just uploading one last clip to sendspace

Ah, I see. In that case I should have a more accurate .txt file than whats up there, i.e mention that I didn't record set the controls. What I have now as the text file is:

The Smashing Pumpkins
11/11/2008
DAR Constitution Hall-BOX 19-About half way back from front of stage.
Recorded By: A. Stevens [email protected]

Recorder using Canon FS100 to SDHC Memory Card. Original File Format in .MOD. Later converted(Lossless) to .MPG move file type.

First few mintues start of a little shaky because I thought security was going to bust me, but eventually I found out they didn't really care, so the footage becomes a little more steady throughout the show.

Some audio distortion in heavy bass songs. Any reccomendations on how to clean up audio and/or sync with SBD recording, please let me know."

Old 11-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #25
redbull
Immortal

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'll be back on the hub in about 10 minutes, just uploading one last clip to sendspace

Ah, I see. In that case I should have a more accurate .txt file than whats up there, i.e mention that I didn't record set the controls. What I have now as the text file is:

The Smashing Pumpkins
11/11/2008
DAR Constitution Hall-BOX 19-About half way back from front of stage.
Recorded By: A. Stevens [email protected]

Recorder using Canon FS100 to SDHC Memory Card. Original File Format in .MOD. Later converted(Lossless) to .MPG move file type.

First few mintues start of a little shaky because I thought security was going to bust me, but eventually I found out they didn't really care, so the footage becomes a little more steady throughout the show.

Some audio distortion in heavy bass songs. Any reccomendations on how to clean up audio and/or sync with SBD recording, please let me know."
thanks for the info...I'm sure people would be willing to help you author a DVD with another audio source...maybe one of both nhights...

Old 11-13-2008, 07:10 PM   #26
muzzled4life
Demi-God

Video Clip of Age of Innocence Intro 11/12. Close up of Lisa looking absolutely gorgeous
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vqrl35

Old 11-14-2008, 05:34 AM   #27
Springbridge
Ownz

Quote:
That was really good, thanks for this!

Old 11-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #28
muzzled4life
Demi-God

Oops, I meant upload this clip of Lisa, much better than the last one.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/eyga2w

Old 11-15-2008, 12:19 PM   #29
glued_on_wings
Ownz

If you would like you are more welcome to try and use my audio to sync with. I have the full unsplit wave file still if you would like that... Or you can download it here: http://www.archive.org/details/tsp2008-11-11.dab.flac16

Jeremy

Old 11-15-2008, 06:51 PM   #30
muzzled4life
Demi-God

I've gotten some advice on the hub....reccomendations to use Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 to Edit, and Adobe Encore CS3 for authoring. I imagine if I sync it with livesmashingpumpkins.com recordings, I won't be able to share it on the hub, right? But If i sync it with fan recordings (thank you glued on wings and cabbage) I should be allowed to share on the hub.