Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-22-2017, 12:22 AM   #1
fuzzyroes
Banned

Default Byrne and Or Nicole should come out and dish the dirt on Billy

Both of the members have fallen into obscurity and any minor relevancy that they may have attained during their time in the Pumpkins has all but dried up. They should come out and write an essay on their dealings with Billy and dish out the dirt. It would be world-wide news and it would cement their lore in the "rock world".

Now I know most of us are assuming that they signed some kind of confidentiality agreement and that that is the reason for their silence... But even if this were true, It's not worth the mounds of bad publicity that Billy Corgan would get for suing some 21 year old kid for simply talking about what a jackass he is. Corgan would be disgraced if he went out and sued either of em.

So really they have nothing to lose. And really, their utter silence since leaving the band was just bizarre and kind of a slap in the face to the people out there who were actually fans of them.

Has anyone been following either of em on Twitter? maybe they have been spilling the beans but nobody knows because they're simply unaware.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:23 AM   #2
fuzzyroes
Banned

damn I keep fucking up my titles.

Should clearly be and/or

ahhh
fuck my life!

Old 06-22-2017, 12:27 AM   #3
fuzzyroes
Banned

Lord knows there has to be a ton of hilarity that could be shared.

Remember the guy who was helping engineer one of the Teargarden sessions and the gold that he shared? Just imagine what Mike or Nicole are sitting on.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:43 AM   #4
Ram27
dumb

that would be amazing

Didn't Nicole say something recently?

Old 06-22-2017, 12:46 AM   #5
Ram27
dumb

found it

Quote:
BlastEcho reached out to both Fiorentino and Byrne to better understand why they’re no longer Pumpkins, but only Fiorentino responded. Over email, Fiorentino confirmed that she was let go by Corgan but that “the circumstances look very different from my perspective than from Billy’s.”

“I know my heart was in it 150% ‘til the end,” she wrote, “and no one can tell me differently. It was my whole life.”
http://blastecho.com/nicole-fiorenti...hing-pumpkins/

i'd love to hear more

Old 06-22-2017, 01:06 AM   #6
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster

don't care as well

the only reason those two were in any kind of spotlight was because of Billy, and they've done fuckall since then.

bottom line is bill has more litigation power, and he isnt afraid to swing it around

Old 06-22-2017, 01:51 AM   #7
jakobtheliar
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams of glass View Post
don't care as well

the only reason those two were in any kind of spotlight was because of Billy, and they've done fuckall since then.

bottom line is bill has more litigation power, and he isnt afraid to swing it around
So that's a good thing?

Old 06-22-2017, 04:24 AM   #8
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
that would be amazing

Didn't Nicole say something recently?
YES, she said something very bad about Billy Corgan:

Old 06-22-2017, 05:39 AM   #9
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

http://i.imgur.com/45ljREq.gif

Old 06-22-2017, 06:04 AM   #10
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

I remember Meghan Toohey (Nicole's partner / The Cold an Lovely) talking about the time the band spent working on the album in Sedona. She mentioned Billy didn't allow much collaboration from any other band member, even though Nicole recorded and contributed to the album. She said it was a bit frustrating for them all.

Nicole said she felt like Billy didn't like her spending time on her side projects, as if she wasn't focusing 100% on the pumpkins. Nicole on the other hand said that wasn't real, she only worked with the cold and lovely when she was on a break with the pumpkins.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:13 AM   #11
panda show
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
It would be world-wide news and it would cement their lore in the "rock world".
no it wouldn't
nobody would really care

Old 06-22-2017, 07:34 AM   #12
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
I remember Meghan Toohey (Nicole's partner / The Cold an Lovely) talking about the time the band spent working on the album in Sedona. She mentioned Billy didn't allow much collaboration from any other band member, even though Nicole recorded and contributed to the album. She said it was a bit frustrating for them all.

Nicole said she felt like Billy didn't like her spending time on her side projects, as if she wasn't focusing 100% on the pumpkins. Nicole on the other hand said that wasn't real, she only worked with the cold and lovely when she was on a break with the pumpkins.

Meghan Toohey came along when Billy tried (and failed) to write songs together with Jeff, Nicole & Mike in Sedona. Meghan wrote songs for The Cold and Lovely there.

[Wikipedia: "Meghan Toohey's current band, The Cold and Lovely, released their first single titled "Not With Me" from their upcoming album on their website on April 24, 2011."]

>>>

Nicole: We went there to write the record that I was on with them...Oceania...we went to Sedona, Arizona to write, so Meg came along with me.

Interviewer: That band (SP) writes together???

Nicole: Ehhhhhhh....well, that's tricky.

Interviewer: You don't have to talk about it.

Nicole: [laughing]...that was tricky...we tried!...we definitely tried.

Meghan Toohey: It didn't quite work out for them but for me it was like a carthardic experience.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:51 AM   #13
Bomb The Moon
Demi-God

Quote:
Remember the guy who was helping engineer one of the Teargarden sessions and the gold that he shared? Just imagine what Mike or Nicole are sitting on.
i forgot about this... anybody have a link?

Old 06-22-2017, 10:10 AM   #14
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

http://i.imgur.com/bZKFIo3.gif

Old 06-22-2017, 05:14 PM   #15
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

I'd be more interested in their tales from the road rather than why they left. Because I'm sure the conversation went something like:

Billy: "I hired you to make SP sound relevant -not to put that energy into side-bands"
Mike/Nicole: "Why not both?"
Billy: ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

I'm sure their contracts probably also contained a clause to revoke their royalties if they ever disparage him or the band.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:28 PM   #16
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Flashback:

Mike: Hey Billy...so the European tour is almost done. I have this awesome band Bearcubbin' and I would love to hang out with my buddies again and go on tour.
Would that be ok?

Billy: Yes, you may.

[Bearcubbin' organizing a tour]

...3 weeks later...

Billy: Hey Mike, I need you in the studio in order to record some demos.

Mike: But Billy...I....my band....

Billy: Sorry Mike...I don't have time right now....have to try out lots of teas today.
See ya in the studio!

http://i.imgur.com/cd5sy2n.png

http://static.eventful.com/images/or...667/392-9.jpeg

Interview from 2012:

“The whole thing fell apart when Mike told me we had to cancel because Billy Corgan was like, ‘Oh, we have to be doing demos in Los Angeles during the time that you’re supposed to be on tour.’ And he told him super last minute in Portugal. So I had to cancel all the dates,” Scott says. “And the crappy thing is they didn’t even go to do demos. Mike was home during the time we were supposed to go on tour.”

For his part, Scott doesn’t begrudge Byrne’s dominance of the band’s schedule. Thankfully, Scott isn’t just wasting away when Byrne is traversing the globe with Corgan and company. He studies electrical engineering at the University of Portland and eventually plans to use what he’s learning to build amps and pedals.

For now, Scott is fine being “that guy in the band with The Smashing Pumpkins drummer.”

“I do my best not to trade on his name and be like, ‘Hey, he’s in The Smashing Pumpkins, so we deserve this.’ I do my best not to use his job as a way to launch this band,” Scott says, starting to laugh. “Because I really think that people who are into The Smashing Pumpkins would f---ing hate Bearcubbin’.”

http://www.inlander.com/spokane/the-...nt?oid=2139020

http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/4bd13a0e...207344a7c9.png

Last edited by amoergosum : 06-22-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:10 PM   #17
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Now I know most of us are assuming that they signed some kind of confidentiality agreement and that that is the reason for their silence... But even if this were true, It's not worth the mounds of bad publicity that Billy Corgan would get for suing some 21 year old kid for simply talking about what a jackass he is. Corgan would be disgraced if he went out and sued either of em.

So really they have nothing to lose
Actually, my dearest fuzzrobin, it is bill who has nothing to lose from suing both into oblivion, because he has already been disgraced

Think about the man we're talking about. He has never been shy to publicly disparage other musicians, or to threaten lawsuits merely to enforce his version of reality. Coming across in the media as a bully has never, ever stopped him from acting like one

Undoubtedly, mike burns and fiorentino signed ironclad codes of silence as a condition of working in the "band." The fact they are not willing to risk their financial and professional futures by breaking such is absolutely not a slap in yours or anyone else's faces, they owe you nothing

Give these people a break, in fact, leave them alone ffs, they had to work for fucken bill crogan, they've earned the right to put this dark period behind them and move on

Old 06-22-2017, 08:53 PM   #18
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
I enjoy seeing this whenever it pops up. I was there.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:26 PM   #19
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
“Because I really think that people who are into The Smashing Pumpkins would f---ing hate Bearcubbin’.”
hey he's got that right

Old 06-22-2017, 11:28 PM   #20
Ram27
dumb

i like how he wasn't expecting the audience to actually be enthusiastic and that's why he fucked up the entrance

Old 06-23-2017, 05:38 AM   #21
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
damn I keep fucking up my titles.
and your posts.

you're fucking stupid.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:08 PM   #22
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Old 06-23-2017, 06:56 PM   #23
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Actually, my dearest fuzzrobin, it is bill who has nothing to lose from suing both into oblivion, because he has already been disgraced

Think about the man we're talking about. He has never been shy to publicly disparage other musicians, or to threaten lawsuits merely to enforce his version of reality. Coming across in the media as a bully has never, ever stopped him from acting like one
Are you kidding me? The bad publicity he would garner would be devastating. It's one thing to throw the threat around behind the scenes, but to actually go through with it and the headlines that would follow would make him a laughing stock. Especially if the rumors are true that Byrne and Nicole really were making jack-shit. "Billy the cheapskate who hardly paid his band-mates anything is now suing t**** The narrative would be terrible.

Corgans clearly been doing damage control on his image for quite some time. Byrne or Nicole dishing some dirt and getting in the headlines wouldn't be worth the added bad publicity for Billy that would come with suing them.

Old 06-24-2017, 12:41 AM   #24
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

why does he wear the mask?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7...wi9so1_400.jpg

Old 06-24-2017, 03:06 AM   #25
Disco King
Minion of Satan

For you.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:30 AM   #26
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Billy Corgan:

"Mike Byrne has taught me a lot about his generation. And watching the twitch up close, the ADD of it all, I’m starting to understand what he found boring about The Mighty SP. He wasn’t wrong. But he also wasn’t right, too.

Because the way to replace something is to best it, not join it’s shallow-pool ranks. And great musicians like MB are capable; if they are willing to stop looking into the shiny sun and wonder, quite rightly, what lies on the dark side of the moon.

Imagine this: was the deco world of the 30’s any less bright to that generation? Great art movements came, but also too the set-up for world war. How so?

Light meets shadow. See? Or shadow meets light.

And where there is glittering, yet false *illumination, we (the collective We) must destroy it by being more real, more true, more-more. It works every time IF you can pass the muster of your own oblivion; or yawn. Mix that with kinetic, electric, hyperbolic punk rock I-don’t give-a-fuck-how-you-do-it and maybe, just maybe, someone wakes the fuck up from that coma they’re in.

Repeat, generation. Repeat."

P.S.:
If Mike is such a "great" & "capable" musician, why hasn't he been hired by any band since Billy fired him?

Last edited by amoergosum : 06-24-2017 at 05:57 AM.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:56 AM   #27
glass85
Demi-God

Quote:
Billy Corgan:

"Mike Byrne has taught me a lot about his generation. And watching the twitch up close, the ADD of it all, I’m starting to understand what he found boring about The Mighty SP. He wasn’t wrong. But he also wasn’t right, too.

Because the way to replace something is to best it, not join it’s shallow-pool ranks. And great musicians like MB are capable; if they are willing to stop looking into the shiny sun and wonder, quite rightly, what lies on the dark side of the moon.

Imagine this: was the deco world of the 30’s any less bright to that generation? Great art movements came, but also too the set-up for world war. How so?

And where there is glittering, yet false *illumination, we (the collective We) must destroy it by being more real, more true, more-more. It works every time IF you can pass the muster of your own oblivion; or yawn. Mix that with kinetic, electric, hyperbolic punk rock I-don’t give-a-fuck-how-you-do-it and maybe, just maybe, someone wakes the fuck up from that coma they’re in.

P.S.:
If Mike is such a "great" & "capable" musician, why hasn't he been hired by any band since Billy fire him?
I can't understand why he was chosen. One of the saddest pages of SP story.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:01 AM   #28
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass85 View Post
I can't understand why he was chosen. One of the saddest pages of SP story.
"I'm pretty heavy on like Latin..."

https://youtu.be/IjYAqyZiObM?t=5m9s

Old 06-24-2017, 08:39 AM   #29
DaveKShape
Ownz

He was clearly hired because Billy thought he could vampire some sort of weird musical indie youth juice from him. That, and the fact that Bawlz could probably give Byrmz a laughably bad contract knowing the little dude would be starstruck enough to sign anything.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:10 AM   #30
panda show
Ownz

Quote:
Billy Corgan:

P.S.:
If Mike is such a "great" & "capable" musician, why hasn't he been hired by any band since Billy fired him?
what in god's name is bobo on about?