Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #31
Mayfuck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
i've been interested in looking into weezer more seriously. where should i start after blue and pinkerton?
you should stop after blue and pinkerton.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:16 PM   #32
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

srsly

Old 01-28-2008, 05:36 PM   #33
suncrashesdown
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
i've been interested in looking into weezer more seriously. where should i start after blue and pinkerton?
After those two albums, just pick any song off of Green Album to hear what the whole thing is like. The last two albums suck balls.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #34
noyen
Immortal

so monte, since you're so informed, what are the policies and practices of blacks in the church, and polygamy? please explain in detail what you "believe" and i'll tell you what the church actually practices in a very clear and non-slanderous way. there's differences between what you believe a church believes in, and what a church actual stands for, practices and how you are most likely the one a victim of believing mis-information your own church is giving you.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #35
noyen
Immortal

i think pinkerton is the best.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:33 PM   #36
MonteLDS
*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
so monte, since you're so informed, what are the policies and practices of blacks in the church, and polygamy? please explain in detail what you "believe" and i'll tell you what the church actually practices in a very clear and non-slanderous way. there's differences between what you believe a church believes in, and what a church actual stands for, practices and how you are most likely the one a victim of believing mis-information your own church is giving you.
their is no difference practices for people of any race.

the church policy on plural marriage is that it is not authorized by the church to practice. It is consider a form of apostasy and if any church member does practice plural marriage the person may repent otherwise is excommunicated from the church. Also any who are known to be member of the church who advocate the the practice of plural marriage place their membership in the church in jeopardy as well.

As for what I believe won't engage in such an discussion with you. You firmly believe what you believe and I believe what I believe. Their is no need to be spiteful towards & persecutes one another

Old 01-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #37
Debaser
ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteLDS View Post
their is no difference practices for people of any race.

the church policy on plural marriage is that it is not authorized by the church to practice. It is consider a form of apostasy and if any church member does practice plural marriage the person may repent otherwise is excommunicated from the church. Also any who are known to be member of the church who advocate the the practice of plural marriage place their membership in the church in jeopardy as well.
this was not always the case, amirite?

Old 01-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #38
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteLDS View Post
their is no difference practices for people of any race. - wrong. blacks cannot hold the priesthood. just because they revised things and said they could, doesnt mean they really do.

the church policy on plural marriage is that it is not authorized by the church to practice. It is consider a form of apostasy and if any church member does practice plural marriage the person may repent otherwise is excommunicated from the church. Also any who are known to be member of the church who advocate the the practice of plural marriage place their membership in the church in jeopardy as well. - wrong. polygamy is still practiced, actively (in the afterlife). men are and still can be sealed to as many women as they desire. do your research on this one too. you are so completely wrong on this one, it's sad. polygamy is acknowledged and practiced in temples, marriages, and everytime someone dies. currently. you need to know a bit more about your own "faith", apparently. just because the church externally doesnt visibly practice it, it is practiced to the T, nothing has changed. it's just that for political reasons the church has said its bad, yet it still continues to practice it. you're mis-representing what your church believes in, so you should probably not speak on things you clearly have no knowledge or understanding of.

As for what I believe won't engage in such an discussion with you. You firmly believe what you believe and I believe what I believe. Their is no need to be spiteful towards & persecutes one another
what you "believe" are falsehoods, according to what religion you claim to "believe" in. so you're beliefs are quite wrong, if you're trying to tie your beliefs in accordance to what the church does believe. so why are you a member if you dont believe in what they practice?

you also should look up the words spiteful and persecution, and understand when and how to use these words in the context of a conversation.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #39
???
Minion of Satan

monte is pretty small fry in this game noyen. you wanna make a difference, take on a whole christian or islamic messageboard. i'll flank you

Old 01-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #40
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? View Post
monte is pretty small fry in this game noyen. you wanna make a difference, take on a whole christian or islamic messageboard. i'll flank you
i'm game.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:24 PM   #41
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

I think Rivers Cuomo is a talentless asshole.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #42
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

but you'd still fuck him right

Old 01-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #43
Debaser
ghost

Just because I call myself a liberal or vote democratic, it doesn't mean I adhere to every single thing the democratic party says or use to say many years ago.

I can easily buy that the current LDS doesn't believe in polygamy or bars Blacks from priesthood anymore.

Instead of arguing whether or not they've really changed or not, its funny enough take modern LDS at their word. In 1835, God told Joseph Smith that polygamy was cool. Then in 1890 (while under extreme pressure from govt), they say God told church leaders that polygamy was not ok.

I wonder what kind of God changes his mind on things like this.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #44
suncrashesdown
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
The same kind of god that would make shit and chocolate THE SAME COLOR

Old 01-28-2008, 07:43 PM   #45
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

Quote:
but you'd still fuck him right
I can never turn down nerd glasses.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #46
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
Just because I call myself a liberal or vote democratic, it doesn't mean I adhere to every single thing the democratic party says or use to say many years ago.

I can easily buy that the current LDS doesn't believe in polygamy or bars Blacks from priesthood anymore.

Instead of arguing whether or not they've really changed or not, its funny enough take modern LDS at their word. In 1835, God told Joseph Smith that polygamy was cool. Then in 1890 (while under extreme pressure from govt), they say God told church leaders that polygamy was not ok.

which is why i'd never call myself vegetarian, vegan or any other self-congratulatory label that pigeonholes me. i'm human, i like to eat when i want what i want under the circumstances i am eating.

but that is the thing. the LDS church does believe in, and more importantly, practice, polygamy. and just because they allow blacks into priesthood meetings and do their pretend ordaining, doesn't mean the church acknowledges it under the hood.

which is another reason why modern LDS "believers" have little or no understanding of their roots, and what actually has and hasn't changed. and why.

i think god must have an awesome sense of humor.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:59 PM   #47
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

i still feel bad about the unicorn thing.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #48
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickbadthing View Post
I think Rivers Cuomo is a talentless asshole.
but he has a thing for asian girls. thats a talent, right?

Old 01-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #49
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

i was trying to read this richard dawkins book The God Delusion yesterday at the gym when i was on the bike, and there were these two obnoxious idiots next to me chattering away about how they needed to pick up more Tab and Vodka and other booze for their stupid party. and i thought, no wonder you're so large, girl, you're on a bike, with level 3 resistance, out of 20, and you're pedaling at like 50 rpms, while everyone else is going north of 80. why even bother going to the gym, why not go to a bar, maybe some idiot there won't mind listening to you be such an insufferable BITCH. so i put on some headphones. when they finally left, everyone within earshot seemed to be relieved

Old 01-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #50
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis The Fat Years View Post
i still feel bad about the unicorn thing.
me too... instead of a unicorn, we got a massive snow storm. maybe the church is true. i mean, if an apocalypse comes i'll eat my words and all that.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:01 PM   #51
Mayfuck
Banned

you dont want to start any blasphemous rumors

Old 01-28-2008, 08:03 PM   #52
noyen
Immortal

dave gahan > rivers cuomo

Old 01-28-2008, 08:03 PM   #53
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

noyen, when you die and turn into a taco, what kind of taco will you be?

Old 01-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #54
noyen
Immortal

a carne asada street taco. i hope. i pray. with that liquidy avacado sauce (it doesnt seem right to call it guacamole in that state). and a ton of onions and cilantro.

and if we're pushin it, i'd rather be 12 tacos than a singular taco. a paper plate of street tacos looks much more hardcore when there are 12 on it.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:11 PM   #55
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Question

will there be bean dip

Old 01-28-2008, 08:11 PM   #56
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

that brought a tear to my eye.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:11 PM   #57
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

CARNITAS TACO 4 ME

Old 01-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #58
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
will there be bean dip
i hope so. i believe so. YES. 2nd level of heaven. bean dip in a can with every blink of the eye.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:14 PM   #59
noyen
Immortal

man, i had a carnitas taco a few weeks ago thinking it wouldnt make me sick if i buffered the pork with bites of chicken taco in-between, but it about killed me. why has god forsaken me and made me allergic to pork? it tastes so good.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:14 PM   #60
beef curtains
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
man the blue album is super duper awesome and everything else is just a letdown.
those are a fool's words. pinkerton is every bit as awesome. everything after that is crap