Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2002, 06:05 PM   #61
translucent

what an arrogant post. look, i'm very republican, and i do not support abortion, and i'll give you a damn good reason... when at any time human life is made it is life reguardless of the circumstances. from that point on we have the right to choose right from wrong. when someone chooses wrong, they have to live with the consequences and sometimes the consequence is the death penalty.

brit

Old 01-12-2002, 06:19 PM   #62
Flebath

Quote:
Originally posted by Smack Me In My Mouth:
But abortion is legal. Therefore, it's not "unlawful", so you've no legs to stand on.

[This message has been edited by Smack Me In My Mouth (edited 01-12-2002).]
your trying to twist things around. abortion should not be legal in the first place because it is killing someone.

Old 01-12-2002, 06:23 PM   #63
bonsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Flebath:
your trying to twist things around. abortion should not be legal in the first place because it is killing someone.
Define "Kill"

Old 01-12-2002, 06:26 PM   #64
Graveflower

No, define "someone".

When it's just an embryo, is it a person? Yes, it could develop into a person, but that's a huge fucking difference.

Old 01-12-2002, 06:28 PM   #65
Flebath

Quote:
Originally posted by ******:
Quote:
Define "Kill"
i would define it as taking a life.

Old 01-12-2002, 06:38 PM   #66
Flebath

Quote:
Originally posted by Graveflower:
No, define "someone".

When it's just an embryo, is it a person? Yes, it could develop into a person, but that's a huge fucking difference.
its really a big debate when it comes down to that. I believe life begins at conception. I think human life is present throughout the entire progression of conception to adulthood. Any break at any point terminates the human life.

Old 01-12-2002, 10:59 PM   #67
Lie

What's all this talk about life? Fucking bacteria is life. Boy, am I gonna catch it for this one.

If I was feeling more energetic right now, I could go for hours, but I'm not, so, bye.

------------------
Boot the grime of this world in the crotch, dear.

Old 01-12-2002, 11:52 PM   #68
Billy'sFetus

Ah yes, the slaughter of the innocent. It is a terrible crime. Yet, what what pleases me the most is, the women that have abortions never go unpunished. Guilt and depression devours most of them and they have nothing to look foward to except burning in Hell. For the ones that are completely heartless, they will get what's coming to them in one way or another.

------------------
Pestis eram vivus-moriens tua mors ero. -Martin Luther (not the King)

Nil sapientia odiosius acumine nimio. -Seneca

Old 01-13-2002, 12:00 AM   #69
The exploding boy

Red face

We only care about it because it's human. It's ridiculous in a way. We have no remorse when we kill animals for no real reason (yeah we eat them so? we don't have to). I think a cow for example fully developed is more a person then a fetus not even developed yet. But nobody cares that they die in millions killed by humans everyday, even i don't. I don't care about fetus being killed also though.

Old 01-13-2002, 12:00 AM   #70
bonsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lie:
What's all this talk about life? Fucking bacteria is life. Boy, am I gonna catch it for this one.

If I was feeling more energetic right now, I could go for hours, but I'm not, so, bye.
This was one of the questions I asked as a little kid, then I realized how futile it was to tell my peers not to step on ants. I gave in and adopted the thought that human life was of more value than all other kinds. I'm weak.

I still think that abortions can be performed until a certain point where the baby can survive outside the mother's womb. Up until then, it is a parasite.

Old 01-13-2002, 12:12 AM   #71
bittertrance

vesectimies (sp?) for everyone.

Old 01-13-2002, 11:44 AM   #72
Smack Me In My Mouth

Quote:
I believe life begins at conception. I think human life is present throughout the entire progression of conception to adulthood. Any break at any point terminates the human life.
I think this is the most arrogant sentiment to yet manifest itself in this discussion. You're telling me that you think this country should dictate its laws around your beliefs. If I believed that pants were an abomination in the eyes of my God and lobbied to have them outlawed, you would fucking laugh at me, which is what I'm doing at you right now.

If you think abortion is murder, super. If you believe it's a sin, then that's just fine--don't get one. But don't try to curtail everyone else's freedom on the basis of your personal dogma. There's no room for fascist thought in the Constitution.

Old 01-13-2002, 12:05 PM   #73
DeviousJ

Quote:
its really a big debate when it comes down to that. I believe life begins at conception. I think human life is present throughout the entire progression of conception to adulthood. Any break at any point terminates the human life.
Do you masturbate? Do you feel guilty when you waste sperm because each one is a potential life that will never be? Saying life begins at the point of conception, when the baby is a single cell is a very extreme view to take, like saying a baby is not a human until the second it is born. Of course you're allowed your opinions, and that's fine. But why should people kowtow to your personal opinion on the matter? There are many situations where an abortion is the least destructive option in the circumstances, and your 'oh no you conceived it last night, it's too late now' posturing has no place in determining other people's destinies.

Old 01-13-2002, 12:06 PM   #74
BeautifulLoser

Quote:
Originally posted by Injektilo:

men are 99.99% of the soldiers world wide
And 74.67% of all statistics are made up.

Edit: Another reason that example is crap: Even if 99.99% of soldiers were male, there's still that .01% that are female, therefore they can have an opinion.

Not saying I wasn't taking your side, because I believe that men can have a dead set opinion, I'm just pointing out that that really wasn't a good example.

[This message has been edited by BeautifulLoser (edited 01-13-2002).]

Old 01-13-2002, 07:38 PM   #75
Flebath

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Smack Me In My Mouth:
I think this is the most arrogant sentiment to yet manifest itself in this discussion. You're telling me that you think this country should dictate its laws around your beliefs. If I believed that pants were an abomination in the eyes of my God and lobbied to have them outlawed, you would fucking laugh at me, which is what I'm doing at you right now.

If you think abortion is murder, super. If you believe it's a sin, then that's just fine--don't get one. But don't try to curtail everyone else's freedom on the basis of your personal dogma. There's no room for fascist thought in the Constitution.
I want you to go back and show me one example of me discussing religion in my posts. Regardless of what you believe murder is considered murder. You attacked me without even reading any of my other posts is all I can figure out. Abortion is murder no matter how you look at. People like you have convinced themselves its not so you can feel better about yourself. My main argument is that it should not be legal and should not be such an easy option for people to wash their hands clean of something they caused in the first place.

Old 01-13-2002, 07:43 PM   #76
Flebath

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by DeviousJ:
There are many situations where an abortion is the least destructive option in the circumstances, and your 'oh no you conceived it last night, it's too late now' posturing has no place in determining other people's destinies.
So people should be allowed to just kill something they caused because it will affect their destiny. Please explain more.... So what if your neighbor gets on your nerves and somehow affects your way of living. According to you, it will ruin your destiny so I guess you should go next door and kill the neighbor. That would take care of the situation wouldn't it. Oh wait... that is taking another human life and is considered illegal. Abortion is no different. Our country has twisted it around to convince people that their is nothing wrong with it. It doesn't make sense.

Old 01-13-2002, 08:11 PM   #77
Smack Me In My Mouth

Quote:
I want you to go back and show me one example of me discussing religion in my posts.

You might not have mentioned religion explicitly, but your one-minded dogmatism might as well be.

Regardless of what you believe murder is considered murder.

At least you have a firm grasp of the mind-numbingly obvious.

You attacked me without even reading any of my other posts is all I can figure out.

What line of reasoning did you use to come up with this conclusion?

Abortion is murder no matter how you look at.

I see; it's all clear now: you're an idiot, and worse, a fundamentalist idiot who's not even willing to acknowledge the fact that there is substantial and valid dissent to your dogmatics.

People like you have convinced themselves its not so you can feel better about yourself.

People like me? Tell me, in your intense psychological profile, did you uncover any other information about me, and people like me? Or--more likely--are you making a sweeping and ill-thought out judgement to try to reaffirm your egotistic position of moral superiority?

My main argument is that it should not be legal and should not be such an easy option for people to wash their hands clean of something they caused in the first place.

That's nice.

Old 01-13-2002, 08:15 PM   #78
Nothing/everything

Arrow

did any of the pro-life people read the thing i threw in?

Old 01-13-2002, 08:23 PM   #79
DeviousJ

Quote:
So people should be allowed to just kill something they caused because it will affect their destiny. Please explain more.... So what if your neighbor gets on your nerves and somehow affects your way of living. According to you, it will ruin your destiny so I guess you should go next door and kill the neighbor. That would take care of the situation wouldn't it. Oh wait... that is taking another human life and is considered illegal. Abortion is no different. Our country has twisted it around to convince people that their is nothing wrong with it. It doesn't make sense.
No, I said your opinion has no place in deciding a course of action - if you can't see the difference between a clear-cut case of murder and something that requires philosophical debate to even begin to define it, then you really don't have any place deciding what other people should do. Abortion is definitely something which shouldn't be entered into lightly, especially further into the pregnancy, and should be considered a last resort after other courses of action have been fully considered. But in some cases it is the best - or only - option. What if the pregnancy poses a serious risk to the mother's life? What if she is unable to support herself during the pregnancy? What if the woman was raped, and it is believed that having the baby will cause her very serious psychological damage? Can you really say that in every single case imaginable, an abortion at any point (which includes procedures withing the first few weeks) would be absolutely unacceptable? Because that's exactly what you're doing.

Old 01-13-2002, 08:54 PM   #80
Flebath

Arrow

Quote:
No, I said your opinion has no place in deciding a course of action - if you can't see the difference between a clear-cut case of murder Because that's exactly what you're doing.
Taking a human life is no different no matter how you look at it.

Quote:
But in some cases it is the best - or only - option. What if the pregnancy poses a serious risk to the mother's life? What if she is unable to support herself during the pregnancy? What if the woman was raped, and it is believed that having the baby will cause her very serious psychological damage? Can you really say that in every single case imaginable, an abortion at any point (which includes procedures withing the first few weeks) would be absolutely unacceptable? Because that's exactly what you're doing.
Another post that already covers that

Quote:
Originally posted by Myself:
there are hundreds of couples that want to adopt every day because they can't have a baby. if someone cant take care of their baby they have no right to just kill it off.

[This message has been edited by Flebath (edited 01-13-2002).]

Old 01-13-2002, 08:59 PM   #81
Injektilo

Quote:
Originally posted by BeautifulLoser:
And 74.67% of all statistics are made up.

Edit: Another reason that example is crap: Even if 99.99% of soldiers were male, there's still that .01% that are female, therefore they can have an opinion.

Not saying I wasn't taking your side, because I believe that men can have a dead set opinion, I'm just pointing out that that really wasn't a good example.

[This message has been edited by BeautifulLoser (edited 01-13-2002).]
I think its safe to say that throughout human history, 99.99% of the soldiers have been male.
but thats not 100%, so let me change it to a gang war composed ONLY of men should not concern women because there are no women involved.
My point was, just because a man can't get pregnant, it doesn't mean he can't care about abortion.

Old 01-13-2002, 09:18 PM   #82
DeviousJ

Arrow

Quote:
Another post that already covers that

Originally posted by Myself:
there are hundreds of couples that want to adopt every day because they can't have a baby. if someone cant take care of their baby they have no right to just kill it off.
Yeah but if you bothered to read my post the examples I gave are ones where adoption is not an option. You'd think differently if a close relative or friend was pregnant and liable to die because of it.

Old 01-14-2002, 12:03 AM   #83
BeautifulLoser

Quote:
Originally posted by Injektilo:
I think its safe to say that throughout human history, 99.99% of the soldiers have been male.
but thats not 100%, so let me change it to a gang war composed ONLY of men should not concern women because there are no women involved.
My point was, just because a man can't get pregnant, it doesn't mean he can't care about abortion.
Hehe, I agree with you... but I, being a female soldier, just had to point out that the example wasn't great. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

But yeah, you're right. Men, although they're not directly effected, SHOULD have an opinion, because it's an issue that effects everyone indirectly, in one way or another.

------------------
~jenny

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/spaceg...npage/doom.jpg

ZORAK: Let's start a band!
MOLTAR: Yeah! We'll call it "Freedom"! I like that.
ZORAK: That sucks.
MOLTAR: But "freedom" rhymes with "We From," like "We From the Land of ROCK!"

Old 01-14-2002, 12:57 AM   #84
Ihaman

taking a human life is murder, which is true. but the stage (common pro choice statement coming up here) of the fetus when you get an abortion dosent have a heartbeat, and it isnt capable of metabolization, growing, reproduction, and response and adaptation to it's enviornment. so IT IS NOT LIVING, its just as living as.....a lung cell. sure you can take the lung cell out, but it wouldnt do anything, it would just shrivel up and die.
i hope you all understand what im saying.

Old 01-14-2002, 01:30 AM   #85
Cactuar

*yawn*

Old 01-14-2002, 02:05 AM   #86
Injektilo

Quote:
Originally posted by BeautifulLoser:
Hehe, I agree with you... but I, being a female soldier, just had to point out that the example wasn't great. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

But yeah, you're right. Men, although they're not directly effected, SHOULD have an opinion, because it's an issue that effects everyone indirectly, in one way or another.

I figured if anyone was gonna call me on that, it would be you http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Old 01-14-2002, 02:25 AM   #87
Enderby

Quote:
Posted by Ihaman:
the fetus when you get an abortion dosent have a heartbeat
Ehh...wrong. Unless you get an abortion 3 weeks after you get pregnant (which during that time it's pretty hard to detect pregnancy in the first place. The heart starts beating then.

But I'm pro-choice. More correctly I'm pro-Darwin. If stupid liberals want to kill their offspring good for them! One less dipshit in the world.

Old 01-14-2002, 03:39 AM   #88
Matt-

yum! this stylesheet is awesome

good job glenn!

Old 01-14-2002, 06:22 AM   #89
BeautifulLoser

Quote:
Originally posted by Enderby:

But I'm pro-choice. More correctly I'm pro-Darwin. If stupid liberals want to kill their offspring good for them! One less dipshit in the world.
Damn, you rule... I was thinking that, but didn't say it.

Old 01-14-2002, 10:05 AM   #90
melancholia

Quote:
Originally posted by Helena Handbasket:
It's why god (yes, god, motherfuckers) invented adoption, there should be no reasons for needing an abortion. (although I'm sure all you smartasses will think of a few)
Yes... to name a few

First of all, in order to give away a child for adoption, you have to deal with being pregnant for nine months... and that's not a picnic if you WANT your baby

Second... if the child isn't white... odds are, it will have a hard time being adopted (at least that's the case here in America)

Third... who the fuck is the government to say what a woman should or should not do with her body?

Fourth... Rape... who the fuck are you to think that a woman should continue her violation for nine months?

Fifth... Pregnancy forces you to give up your way of life. If a woman doesn't want the child, odds are, it won't be a healthy pregnancy... meaning serious reprocussions for the child in the future

last... but my personal favorite...

a dead fetus is a fuck of a lot better than a dead baby in a trash can...

example... look at that prom-mom bitch.