Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2019, 06:54 PM   #541
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Thanks! Never even went to the island, gonna have to snag some of them beetle bugs

Am i supposed to boot this up everyday to talk to the animals? They all seem to hate my guts, and keep moving out w/out telling me

Like, whereís the fun or hook to this game, i feel like im not doing it right

Itís also really disappointing how huge chunks of the game seem built on the assumption i have 30 or 49 friends to play this game with, trade fruits, tour their cities, etc. Like the happy homes showcase is completely barren b/c apparently it doesnít populate until im hooked up with other players somehow
Oh damn, the island is fun. Plus you get a song every time you make the travel, it's adorable!
And yes, you're supposed to talk to everyone, eventually they ask for favors, give you presents or ask you to give them nicknames (hehe)
The hook to me was mostly trying to complete the museum, making my home look cool (which can take a while depending on your luck with getting types of furniture that go together).
But idk, I like the whole living a simulated life thing, Stardew Valley is also one of my favorite games and it shares some of that spirit.

The happy home academy stuff gets filled out when you streetpass with people who own the game if i'm not mistaken. I played it mostly when it was new, so a walk through the mall with my 3ds was enough to get a few hehe.

Old 03-14-2019, 03:29 PM   #542
reprise85
Wizard

Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.

Quote:
Dammit, work!

Yeah

What games would u be playing if u werenít working

Anybody feel free to talk about games youíve played or used to play

For example anyone wanna talk about silent hill with me in here. Caught some SH references in some indies i been pumpin. Makes me wanna go back n replay 2 at least, probably 3 too
idk, some kind of shooter/rpg like fallout would be nice to start. my new computer has a much better processor and slightly better graphics card so shit should look better

Old 03-14-2019, 10:58 PM   #543
Run To Me
Apocalyptic Poster

Man i wish a fallout would port to the switch, i can never get couch time anymore, it’s handheld or nothing lately. Open worlds, shooting, rpg, these are fun things

Been bumpin some kirby Star allies on switch, it’s laughably easy but the colors are nice and bright and it’s relaxing actually and sometimes i just wanna sit back and look at colors and grin and fadeout slowly

Old 03-18-2019, 10:06 PM   #544
Run To Me
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Oh damn, the island is fun. Plus you get a song every time you make the travel, it's adorable!
And yes, you're supposed to talk to everyone, eventually they ask for favors, give you presents or ask you to give them nicknames (hehe)
The hook to me was mostly trying to complete the museum, making my home look cool (which can take a while depending on your luck with getting types of furniture that go together).
But idk, I like the whole living a simulated life thing, Stardew Valley is also one of my favorite games and it shares some of that spirit.

The happy home academy stuff gets filled out when you streetpass with people who own the game if i'm not mistaken. I played it mostly when it was new, so a walk through the mall with my 3ds was enough to get a few hehe.
Cool thanks for the tips

Might be a game thatís just not for me, at this point in my life, i fear

b/c at this point in my life

It often seems as tho every last of the non-furry persons in my life is already upset w/me to some degree at all times owing to my inability to provide them w/the degree of wants that they often feel they need from me

So, like

When Timbra or Koco or whomever wants to dress me down for not booting the game for a week or more, or punish me to a painful game of pull all the weeds in time, or dwell upon my routine failure to omg i didnít even take that shirt to Vlad by the end of the day even tho i SAID i would do it, and it was Vlads omg his stupid birthday this morning and u didnít even donate to the bridge.....

Itís like

Old 03-18-2019, 10:10 PM   #545
Run To Me
Apocalyptic Poster

For example in skyrim this draugrs not like “shit, bundtrip, u fuck, where u been it’s been ten days since u played this game i been standing here like a dumbass drooling all this luscious drool for NOTHING don’t u even care where is your heart wah wah wah!!!!”

No, that draugrs just ready to go, thank you, at all times

Old 03-18-2019, 10:28 PM   #546
reprise85
Wizard

Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.

I got Alan Wake. I played it for 20 minutes. It seems cool.

Old 03-18-2019, 10:44 PM   #547
Run To Me
Apocalyptic Poster

Omg been interested in this game for years but don’t have any platforms it’s on

You gonna liveblog your playthru on here for us or what

Old 03-19-2019, 02:20 AM   #548
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Quote:
Back into skyrim

After nearly 200 hrs, i figured out how to make the game work for me

This isnít dark souls, or world 8 mario, i suddenly realize. There will never be an occasion where i put down the switch to brag to the nearest stranger ďgosh i just beat this eldritch frost troll on Legendary!Ē No. This is a pure fantasyland where i do what i like when i like. And what i donít like is losing 30 minutes of the flowers and bugs i picked just b/c a random bear guts me

So, 1st thing first, slidin that difficulty slider to easiest of the easies. Choppin gangs of bandits all at once, now. Leveling a lot faster too, cause im not avoiding battles like a coward

2nd thing first, im skippin that go talk to whiterun crap at the start. This means no random dragon spawns, making my walks in the frost under the twin moons all the more gloriful

Third thing, im amoral af. Thieving, picking fights, betraying friends, everything. Mayhem and blood, there is no code. This feels freeing and allows the player to experience that gta-like rush of omg i cant believe my characters gonna back over that officer but ó yep ó oops/squish he! he! he!

Fourth, i dunno man, itís just different this time, feels like i found my deepgroove of enjoyment
Iím playing Enderal, the total conversion or mod or whatever you call it. Itís pretty damn cool for a community mod.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:25 AM   #549
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
You've just reminded me of my absolute favorite thing to play on the Amstrad CPC 464.

How was this ever a thing! ADE Edmondson will be rolling in his metaphorical grave.

Old 03-20-2019, 03:09 AM   #550
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I figure he must have signed off on it, eh.

The protagonist was known as Ade the Bastard, after all.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:13 PM   #551
reprise85
Wizard

Quote:
Omg been interested in this game for years but donít have any platforms itís on

You gonna liveblog your playthru on here for us or what
OK well this is definitely more of a telling-a-story game then anything else. I have it on normal difficulty and it's fairly easy, there was one point I had problems with but it was off the path, nothing I really had to do. It's definitely creepy and unique and I like it so far, but at the same time I kinda feel like I'm not even really doing anything. I'm used to creating characters and shit, or at least customizing them a lot.

The combat is different for sure, but it's pretty simple so far. But if you run out of bullets you are apparently fucked and will have to start the episode/level over.

Old 06-15-2019, 04:22 AM   #552
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Has anybody played Pathologic 2 by chance?

For whatever reason my colleague keeps urging me to play it, I'm not sure why as I'm not a gamer (I play Stardew Valley for half an hour once a month to arrange plants for an ultimate designer garden, that's about it.)