The Omega Concern
Banned

Default so, how bout the Pope basically tellin Muslims "FUCK YOUR ALLAH..."

it's about time!

Old 09-16-2006, 05:54 PM   #2
The Omega Concern
Banned

http://www.islamway.com/mohammad/?lang=eng

here's an Islamic web-site explaining the story of their Prophet Mohammad.

It's starts with the story of Abraham, in Sumeria (some 6000 years ago). Now Abraham was basically a kid who wondered why his own father and others around him fell into idol worship (people honoring things they made with their hands).

One day, Abraham got all pissed off and when the peoples and his father were gone, he destroyed all the idols. The town was all heated up over it and decided to kill him in the most horrid way they could think of: burn him.

Quote:
text from the Koran:

Abraham was then placed inside a special building filled with wood. The wood was lit. Soon the fire became so strong that the people were pushed back by the flames.

But Allah said: "O fire, be coolness and peace for Abraham". (Koran xxi.69)

The people waited until the fire had completely died down, and it was then that they saw Abraham still sitting there as though nothing had happened! At that moment they were utterly confused. They were not, however, moved by the miracle that had just happened before their very eyes.
HELLO!!! for all the cynicism paid onto the Bible, the miracles of Jesus's resurrection and walking on water and turning blood to wine and all that...how is it Islam's mystic beliefs are not given equal scrutiny in the current climate.

Old 09-16-2006, 06:03 PM   #3
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Talking

Were these meant to be two separate threads or something?

Also the Pope is a bit of a dumbass huh

Old 09-16-2006, 06:09 PM   #4
Fathoms (unadored)
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviousJ

Also the Pope is a bit of a dumbass huh

you can't say that, he has a big funny hat... so you have to like, respect him.

Old 09-16-2006, 06:15 PM   #5
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathoms (unadored)
you can't say that, he has a big funny hat... so you have to like, respect him.
Was he even wearing the hat? I'm not sure he was

Old 09-16-2006, 06:17 PM   #6
The Omega Concern
Banned

im gonna try to get to the point the Pope is ultimately trying to make. The Pope may be a dumbass, but I don't think he's wrong in his recent assertions about Mohammad. Either way, it's rather brave to be this outspoken about the subject and its unfortunate Marxist brainwashed naive's in the media work against him with their "objectivity".

Old 09-16-2006, 06:26 PM   #7
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

How is it brave? 'Hurr in medieval times there were wars in the name of religion, like Mohammad and the Crusades oh wait it was only the Muslims'. In the current climate especially it's stupid to come out with such a one-sided and unbalanced statement, and even moreso to say 'oh whoops, forgot I was the Pope there guys *pope shrug*'.

MARXISTS

Old 09-16-2006, 06:32 PM   #8
The Omega Concern
Banned

so, in 570 A.D. as the story goes, a bunch of guys are walking in the desert and they come across a hermit. This hermit tells them, "Allah will soon send a prophet."

appereantly, when a prophet is about to be born, God will send many signs: **HERES THE KICKER FOLKS>>>GET READY**

Quote:
Some signs were seen by Jewish scholars who had read in their scriptures of a coming Prophet. One of these learned men in Yathrib, for instance, saw a brilliant new star he had never seen before as he studied the heavens that night. He called the people around him and, pointing the star out to them, told them a Prophet must have been born.

That same night another Jew was passing by the meeting place of the leaders of Quraysh in Mecca. He asked them if a baby boy had just been born and told them that if it were true, this would be the Prophet of the Arab nation.
and the prophet Muhammad was soon named. WELL HOLY FUCKIN SHIT>>>With all this truth from God with ALL THESE SIGNS, like unusual stars in the sky never seen before, well, Muhammad chopping heads off must be the way and the light. What a prophet!!! destroy destroy destroy all that the infidels idolize.

Go Pope!!! keep kickin ass cuz God knows America is too chickenshit to fight the jihad correctly.

Old 09-16-2006, 06:38 PM   #9
The Omega Concern
Banned

DJ,

in America, there is an amazing tolerance from Christians about how much shit they take from Hollywood and the media culture here...and yet, that same media culture does not scrutinize the fantasies the Koran projects.

The radical element of Islam, known as Wahhabi'ism, has shown itself to be imcompatible with western civilization...as evidenced by their burning of churches cause becuase the pope (or Danish cartoonist) dare be critical of Mohammad.

Wahhabi'ism has been funded by the Marxist element within those nations which have ALWAYS sought to bring the freedoms within America to a standstill. The Cold War with the Commies never really ended, they just shifted focus and the radical Islamist have become the new foot soldiers for the Marxist agenda.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:07 PM   #10
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Talking

Whoa, Mohammed was the original Marxist?

And who cares about the media, really - the point is the leader of the entire Catholic church just took a dump on Islam, in public, by making reference to activities many hundreds of years ago while neatly forgetting that Christians were doing the exact same thing. It's not a helpful thing to say by any means, it wasn't an honest attempt at discussion, and someone in his position of responsibility shouldn't be mouthing off when it's obvious it will only cause trouble and have no positive effect.

Sure Christianity gets a lot of shit, but why shouldn't it? You act like it's a bad thing that people in general don't see it as something beyond discussion and criticism, and even parody. Ideally all religions should be open to this, but it's a fact that some (including Islam) are less widely tolerant of it. Inciting trouble is not the way to help progress and move past that.

This is the equivalent of someone in a shared house having anger management issues which everyone is trying to help them with, and one of the other people going up to them and saying 'hey I just wanted to say, you're a bit of a dick, know what I'm saying?'

Old 09-16-2006, 07:11 PM   #11
GlasgowKiss
Quaid Hates You

Id just like to state incontravertably for the record that i know that the pope probably made a point that was maybe certainly valid and taken all in context probably inoffensive assuming you read the transcript which i havent.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:17 PM   #12
Stinky Pinky
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviousJ

This is the equivalent of someone in a shared house having anger management issues which everyone is trying to help them with, and one of the other people going up to them and saying 'hey I just wanted to say, you're a bit of a dick, know what I'm saying?'

That's an awesome analogy

Old 09-16-2006, 07:58 PM   #13
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/grap...4/wpope14b.jpg

Old 09-16-2006, 10:34 PM   #14
Stinky Pinky
Ownz

I wish I was Muslim....I would riot once a week.

lucky stiffs

Old 09-16-2006, 10:52 PM   #15
Fathoms (unadored)
Apocalyptic Poster

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasgowKiss
Id just like to state incontravertably for the record that i know that the pope probably made a point that was maybe certainly valid and taken all in context probably inoffensive assuming you read the transcript which i havent.
I guess we all fall victim to the same sensationalized media propaganda sound bites that the muslims do. The difference is we just think this is all quite funny.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:00 PM   #16
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenguy2000
pay heed to this post

Old 09-17-2006, 12:26 AM   #17
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathoms (unadored)
I guess we all fall victim to the same sensationalized media propaganda sound bites that the muslims do. The difference is we just think this is all quite funny.
Nah, it was pretty stupid
http://www.guardian.co.uk/pope/story/0,,1873277,00.html
Basically 'Muslims killed people in the name of religion, this is incompatible with God and reason, the Muslim concept of God is not bound up with rationality' and so on

Old 09-17-2006, 01:28 AM   #18
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Let me just point out what has happened here....

Pope: Islam has brought violence to Muslim countries.
Muslim people: *riot, smash things in protest*

Old 09-17-2006, 06:43 AM   #19
killer_tomato
Apocalyptic Poster

hey jokeyloki you're an idiot

Old 09-17-2006, 10:11 AM   #20
Karl Connor
ADMlNISTRATOR

why do the popes always resemble Emporer Palpatine

Old 09-17-2006, 10:29 AM   #21
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_tomato
hey jokeyloki you're an idiot
Why?

Old 09-17-2006, 01:38 PM   #22
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Talking

Reading the article, I find it surprising that so much media attention and agitation ensued. How exactly was he attacking Islam? He seemed to be invoking a specific historical example, which happened to concern speading religion by coercion. The Ottoman Turkish empire was very aggressively expansionist during this period; the Byzantines entirely on the defensive. This had nothing to do with Jihad or the Crusades.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:43 PM   #23
ella
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Sandell
why do the popes always resemble Emporer Palpatine

Old 09-17-2006, 02:06 PM   #24
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenewRevive
Reading the article, I find it surprising that so much media attention and agitation ensued. How exactly was he attacking Islam? He seemed to be invoking a specific historical example, which happened to concern speading religion by coercion. The Ottoman Turkish empire was very aggressively expansionist during this period; the Byzantines entirely on the defensive. This had nothing to do with Jihad or the Crusades.
these are the same people that took offense and went apeshit because a cartoon had a drawing of their prophet

Old 09-17-2006, 03:56 PM   #25
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Arrow

Because they (fundamentalist devotees of any religion) lack the faith or security in their
own belief system to laugh off criticism or satirism.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:34 PM   #26
The Omega Concern
Banned

DJ, and you know i love ya, but...

you're points are valid if you want be dead by the Pacificism within them.

It's going to take zealotry to beat these zealots, that's all there is to it. The Pope, I hope, knew full well this this type of reaction could occur and it's my opinion that it's high time Western Civilization take out this radical element of Islam.

However, Europe has basically opened it's doors to it and the Marxist in the E.U. did it all by design with the incremental immigration of Muslims. They have never been persuaded or asked to assimilate, thus the incapadibility between the cultures. (Don't get me started how they've managed to work the legal system).

There's been too much intellectualism involved in this fight. The irony is that the Pope was making a rather esoteric point, but all those in the Jihad see is red, and all they can do is just what Abraham did 6000 years ago: Destroy what has been created.

Mohammad has taught that be-heading people is the way and the light if a person does not convert to Islam. The radicals of Islam also cut vagines, stone homosexuals and be-head infidels and stick their ass up in the air 5 times a day to pray to Allah. nice religion.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:51 PM   #27
The Omega Concern
Banned

JokeyLoki: nice work. RenewRevive I think is also on target.

Christianity: I grew up Catholic. TRUE Christianity involves taking Jesus Christ as your savior and if you don't, you can't go to heaven.

lame. But within a Catholic context, I would argue with Christians that Lucipher has had such a strong grip on the church over the centuries that he's manipulated many aspects of it to his own agenda.

or I say something along these lines: "I just had the most ironic conversation with Jesus the other day. He said 'Don't wait up for me, go save yourself'."

But when it comes to the Jihad: Touchdown Jesus! Pope has done the right thing to win the war by exposing what we're really up against.

Old 09-17-2006, 06:47 PM   #28
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Talking

lol

Old 09-17-2006, 06:50 PM   #29
SpFission
Apocalyptic Poster

I feel bad for that Nun who was shot in the back by Muslim extremists, soley because of the Pope's comments.

Old 09-17-2006, 06:51 PM   #30
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Hey if she didn't want to fight against the Jihadists she shouldn't have signed up